removing password request

When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC
over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password.  Even
though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you
open up Outlook

0
rmwatrich

Ensure that the workstation is a domain member and the user is logged on to
the domain.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

<rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC
> over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password.  Even
> though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you
> open up Outlook

0
Ed
11/12/2009 3:39:00 PM
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:35:34 -0500, <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC
>over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password.  Even
>though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you
>open up Outlook

What authentication methods do you allow on the /rpc virtual directory
in IIS? If it's just 'basic' you'll be asked for your password every
time.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/13/2009 3:27:50 AM
so If I want home users who are not connected to our domain to be able to
not have to put in their password everytime they open up outlook when using
rpc I can make a change in iis?  What would I change it to?

> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:35:34 -0500, <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC
>>over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password.  Even
>>though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you
>>open up Outlook
>
> What authentication methods do you allow on the /rpc virtual directory
> in IIS? If it's just 'basic' you'll be asked for your password every
> time.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
rmwatrich
11/16/2009 1:03:09 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:03:09 -0500, <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote:

>so If I want home users who are not connected to our domain to be able to
>not have to put in their password everytime they open up outlook when using
>rpc I can make a change in iis?  What would I change it to?

If they aren't logged on with a domain account then NTLM is always
going to fail because it uses the credentials of the logged-on user to
authenticate. They'll have to provide the domain credentials to access
the mailbox. This really isn't an Exchange thing, though, it's true of
authentication with everything on Windows -- web sites, network
shares, etc.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
11/16/2009 2:11:22 PM
so you can't have the password be remembered so you don't have to add it
everytime?

> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:03:09 -0500, <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>so If I want home users who are not connected to our domain to be able to
>>not have to put in their password everytime they open up outlook when
>>using
>>rpc I can make a change in iis?  What would I change it to?
>
> If they aren't logged on with a domain account then NTLM is always
> going to fail because it uses the credentials of the logged-on user to
> authenticate. They'll have to provide the domain credentials to access
> the mailbox. This really isn't an Exchange thing, though, it's true of
> authentication with everything on Windows -- web sites, network
> shares, etc.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

0
rmwatrich
11/16/2009 3:22:20 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:22:20 -0500, <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote:

>so you can't have the password be remembered so you don't have to add it
>everytime?

Have them use a domain-joined machine and logon credentials if you
want to use NTLM.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Different Windows 2000 and OWA passwords??
I am about to deploy a secure OWA server. This is one security worry however that is niggling away at the back of my head however. I don't like that the Users Windows 200 domain passwords are the same as their owa/mailbox passwords. Is there any way to ensure that users have 2 separate passwords for each??? Thanks in adavnce Tim "TP Dufficy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am about to deploy a secure OWA server. This is one >security worry however that is niggling away at the back >of my head however. > >I don't like that the Us...

Removing certain lines with containing a specific data
I got this problem, I'm trying to remove lines that contain certain data. I got 9000 articles in my webshop, but the company that deliveres us the price list has changed all their methods and won't give me the way to convert the text file into a readable excel database. For each of the articles its 3 lines. Line 1 Column A contains "4100" Line 2 Column A contains "4300" Line 3 Column A contains "4850" I want to remove Line 2 and 3. Here's an image of it: [image: http://www.forretninger.no/w00t.jpg] There is 27000 lines in the file.. I need to r...

Removing paragraph icons?
How do I remove the annoying little paragraph icons in the text I'm editing? Click that Symbol on the Toolbar or press CTRL+Shift+8 cowboy wrote: > How do I remove the annoying little paragraph icons in the text I'm editing? ...

Passwords #2
Is it possible to password protect just the Excel program without having to use a password to get into Windows? I have Windows 98. Purple, you can set a password to open a workbook is that what you want? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "purple" <cwbyfns@iowatelecom.net> wrote in message news:085d01c362be$8d81fb00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to password protect just the Excel p...

insert password protected spreadsheet
I want to insert an excel worksheet into another excel worksheet with the inserted worksheet password protected. When I attempt to insert a password protected worksheet, it asks for my password and then inserts the worksheet without the password. Every time you reply to excel with a password, you are either unprotecting or protecting. so once you unprotected it to insert it, you have to protect it again if you want it protected. "RZT27Y" wrote: > I want to insert an excel worksheet into another excel worksheet with the > inserted worksheet password protected. When I...

How do I remove a published form from organization libraries
Sorry for cross-posting! I need to remove a duplicated OL form from organizational Library. How do I do that? Thanks Bill Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms | Manage Forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_please@jaco.com> wrote in message news:uUSZGsujEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Sorry for cross-posting! > > I need to remove a duplicated OL form from organi...

Removing an off-line 5.5 server from the organization
I upgraded to Exc. 2003 by bringing up a new server and moving the mailboxes. The old 5.5 server failed before I could complete the correct removal sequence. I have brought a box back up running 2003 Server with the same IP and NETBIOS name as the Exchange 5.5 server, due to DNS WINS and DHCP which were running on that unit (it was also the PDC before we started moving to 2k3.) The problem is that the server remains in the Exchange System Manager, so I am unable to remove SRS and convert to native mode. At this point, I am even unable to re-install the Exch. 5.5 admin program, as the...

Forgot user name and password for my Windows mail account
Please let me know how to recove these items via email. Thanks. My email addresses: tchou@calpoly.edu; tchou@charter.net "Tom Chou" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote > Please let me know how to recove these > items via email. Thanks. My email addresses: > tchou@calpoly.edu; tchou@charter.net First, go to a newsgroup or forum for Windows, not this one for Access database software, and ask your question there. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP ...

OWA password change
Can a users domain password be changed when using outlook web access. I have several users who access their email via OWA, but when their password is about to expire or does expire there is no indication as such they only get a denied response after the password expires. Thank you Yes you can change this. For further details ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox ...

Visio Walls and Dimensioning Help Request
I am new to Visio and I am having problems getting wall lengths correct and placing items like columns measured off a wall located correctly. I think part of the problem is my not understanding glue points and how do I tell exactly where they are measurably located, and if I need to extend wall lengths to compensate for wall thicknesses and glue points. Any help will be greatly appreciated. tia Ridgerunner Have a look at the View > Size & Position dialog. It allows you to specify angles and lengths for shapes. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP More Visio shapes, a...

Remove Specific Text/Character in Specific Place
Hi all, I have two questions: 1. Is it possible to have text in a specific area be removed from a field? I have a field [Author] that when imported brings in "By: " before the author's name. I cannot change the import and thus have to do it on the back end. It will always be at the beginning of the field, yet, sometimes it may not be there, so I can remove the first 4 characters on every record - only the ones that have "By: ". 2. Is it possible to have an ASCII character removed from certain fields? It only shows up at the end of a field and I believe it is t...

User Name and Password #3
Have Outllook 2000. Attempting to add second email name to outlook. Getting error message when trying to send/receive new emails. Content of error message is server will not accept user name and password. Dialog box requesting user name and password appears I fill in information but continue to get error. Define "second email name" - there is no such thing. Are you trying to = add an account? A user profile? And please post the exact error message = you get from your ISP as the paraphrasing does nothing to assist with = troubleshooting. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Generate a password ffom 4 words
Hi I have four words consisting of letters, numbers and symbols which I use as passwords. For my TrueCrypt folder I combined three of the words as Truecrypt advised that a 20 character password is more secure. As I have not accessed the folder for a very long time I could not open up the folder. I know exactly the four words as I use it everyday but at the end of the one word I changed on of the lower case letters to a upper case letter. Can someone give an excel sheet to combine these four words in order to determine the three word password? I will be very greatful for any ...

Password Protection #2
When using Microsoft Outlook 2000, is it possible to password protect a "personal folder"? I only want to protect one folder, not all the folders. ...

Removing data from a list.
I was just wondering how could I remove duplicates from a long list, I also want to eliminate the one I searched for initially: Lets say I have: Hello Hello Hello1 Hello2 I'd like to seach for Hello, and have both of them removed. Any ideas on how I can do this ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi David, Here is a general macro I've used in the past for removing duplicate rows based on the data in a particular column. I'm sure you can ...

Removing Update Master
I'm a new to Great Plains and everything here. I'm trying to make it so some users wont have access to update the master. How would I do so I've gone into the security smartlist and the Advanced list but I'm a little lost. Is there some documentation that can explain me what exaclty it limits the users if I uncheck certain things. ...

remove internetheaders from outlook 2003 in replys
Can anyone help me with the following problem. In each e-mail I reply in Outlook 2003, Outlook pastes internetheaders like these: X-NAS-Language: Dutch X-NAS-Bayes: #0: 0; #1: 1 X-NAS-Classification: 0 How can I disable that. I do not want those headers to be showed in each mail. ...

mySession.Transaction.Entries & removing a line
Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I want to remove a line and no matter what combination I try it does not look like this is possible. I got it after countless hours of trying this and trying that. If sItemLookupCode = oItem.Item.itemlookupcode Then mySession.Transaction.entries.Remove oItem End If "ClothingStore" wrote: > Any ideas on how to accomplish this? I want to remove a line and no matter > what combination I try it does not look like this is possible. ...

Password expired OWA
Hello, We have Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003. We created the virtual directory IISADMPW in IIS. We have SSL installed And I have run the command PasswordChange Flag. We can change the password when where are logged in OWA. But when the status of an account is "user must change password at next logon" and he wants to log in. He get a message "Your password has expired. You can change it now" Login name : domain\username old password: new pasword: confirm new password: When he clicks OK he gets the following error: "The message supplied for verification is...

eConnect :- System Password Changed
Hi, I have just changed my system password, and now I am not able to do any transaction through eConnect. Can anybody suggest me what is the procedure to get my econnect working or to activate my eConnect Services. ...

How to remove PropertySheet Buttons ?
I wanna have a propertysheet without Ok , Cancel and Apply buttons....What I have to do ? To hide the Ok and Cancel buttons add the following to your OnInitDialog after the call to the base class... GetDlgItem( IDOK )->EnableWindow( FALSE ); GetDlgItem( IDOK )->ShowWindow( SW_HIDE ); GetDlgItem( IDCANCEL )->EnableWindow( FALSE ); GetDlgItem( IDCANCEL )->ShowWindow( SW_HIDE ); GetDlgItem( IDHELP )->EnableWindow( FALSE ); GetDlgItem( IDHELP )->ShowWindow( SW_HIDE ); While you can also handle the Apply button as above, using ID_APPLY_NOW, CPropertySheet has a mechanism to rem...

Outlook passwords #2
Hello everyone, I am using Outlook 2003 to check 3 pop accounts and 1 exchange account - everything works fine. For the pop accounts, I can store my passwords. For the exchange account, I need to enter my password once when I start up Outlook - why is that? Is there a way to store the password in Outlook? Thanks for any help, Oliver There could be a couple of reasons this is happening. First, open Outlook and go to Tools -> Email Options -> View or change existin e-mail accounts -> Highlight "Microsoft Exchange Server" -> Click on "Change" On the Exc...

password not saving in outlook 2003 sp1
Im using windows 2003 server and outlook 2003 SP1. Even though i check the "save this password" the password is saved. When i searched the web i was pointed to various KB articles that explains that the problem lies with the Protected Storage System Provider registry key. This solution does not work on windows 2003 server. When I enters the password after having cleaned and set up the registry, the new key thats created gets the wrong permissions anyway. (only the "system" account have full controll, no other have). The "allow inheritable permissions ..." is no...

Please remove limitation of 8 tabs on forms
It should be possible to have as many tabs as you want on a form. 8 tabs is not much and I cannot see a reason for this limitation. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.m...

Passwording Macros?
Is there a way to password protect macros or otherwise keep them from being edited? Thanks! See one answer in .programming. Please don't post the same message to multiple groups. It tends to fragment your answers, and potentially waste the time of those replying. See http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm for tips on using these groups effectively. In article <00dc01c3aed0$e2530cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Loretta Jean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to password protect macros or otherwise > keep them from being edited?...