Removing Old Exchange 2003 Server

I had a server running exchange 2003 and we added a new server with larger
capacity and installed exchange 2003 on it also and I was wondering the best
practices to remove the old system and make the new system the primary (and
only) server running exchange.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

0
MIcah1 (12)

Try this.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html

"Micah" <Micah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a server running exchange 2003 and we added a new server with larger
> capacity and installed exchange 2003 on it also and I was wondering the
> best
> practices to remove the old system and make the new system the primary
> (and
> only) server running exchange.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> Thanks

0
ajmiyake (74)

Remove Excel Icon ??

All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003
I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists. Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address list name in their Outlook client? For example, I have an address list called "Confidential Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see the contents of the address list. However, these same users can still see the heading or name of the address list. I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see an address list heading but ...

Removal

exchange "directory lookup " problem
dear mvp i have one domain and sub-domain , two domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3 sp2 in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't forward to root domain , all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup " but can send out & receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain if anyone one know , pls help me thank your very much On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >dear mvp ...

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

old A97 code?
I just recently converted a database from A97 to A2K2. I keep getting the error, "User-defined type not defined". I've check the references and the old database when opened in 97 lists: -VBA -MSAccess 8.0 Object Library -Microsoft DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatibility Library -utility After importing all tables, forms, ect into an A2K2 new database I attempted to match the references as close as possible to: -VBA -MSAccess 10.0 Object Library -MS DAO 3.6 Object Library I'm still getting that same error all over the place. I looked at the code and it looked a little old but wasn'...

remove Fax from address book?

Exchange down #2
Hello, After some much needed help on this one.... Last night our SAN connection to Exchange (2003 std ed) went and so did our logs and DB, after 4 hours Exchange was back and we went home. This morning after 2 hours of user in and working the SAN connection went again this time taking the finance server too, - great!! Managed to get a working solution but we could only manage to ensure one server connected to SAN, as Finance is Progress it got the SAN. We moved (properly) via Exchange the priv and pubs to a local disk of the server and also the logs, Exchange was fine until the SAN ...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Hotmail View In Outlook 2003
After setting up the Hotmail account in Outlook 2003, I couldn't send & receive any mail from the Hotmail server. Here the error message : 'The server does not support the required HTTP methods. The Server responded 'Not Implemented' My setting for the Ouulook with hotmail are as below : Server Type : HTTP HTTP Mail Service Proviser : Hotmail Server URL : http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp (which is grey off after I select Hotmail. Connection : Connect using my LAN I appreciate if someone can help me on this. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 and Macro
Hello, I am trying to get a printing icon in outlook which allows me to print to another printer other than the 'default' printer. I managed to do this with Word using the following Macro: Sub staffColour() Dim sCurrentPrinter As String sCurrentPrinter = ActivePrinter ActivePrinter = "//server_machine/colour printer" Application.PrintOut FileName:="" ActivePrinter = sCurrentPrinter End Sub My problem is that the command << Application.PrintOut FileName:="" >> does not work in Outlook. Anyone knows which commands will print i...

Mailbox recovery in exchange 2000 server
I have backed up my information store which has a mailboxstore in which my mailbox exits in one exchange server. I need to restore this mailbox to another exchange server in another forest . Can anybody provide step by step procedure to recover my mail box store into another exchange server in another forest . I have named the other exch srvr with same org name , admin grp , storage grp and mailbox store but restore does not seems to happen as my server names are different. reply thnks Hi Chicago it's probably because the name of the mailbox store and the name of the pulic store d...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Exchange 2000 Information store error (Urgently need help)
We have Exchange 2000 service pack 3 and I have just found event ID 1025 - function name or description of problem SLINK: Ecupdate Error 0x8004010f on our Information Store. The store is running OK and we can send and receive mail. The event ID points a few things out but any help greatly appreciated. thanks -- Kath http://www.portsense.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/2003/September/17/390282.cfm -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Kaddie" <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote in message news:FA54A12E-4C87-4B7C-B29F-8D4DC765F62...

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

outlook exchange calendar.. auto appear in crm calendar ??
Hi Is it possible to make someones calendar from exchange auto synch with his calendar in CRM? I mean.. without clicking track in crm when making an appointment ? main purpose would be so ppl create appointments with their blackberry and appears in crm.. Thanks ...

excel 2003 #20
How do I use the voice recognition? http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/10730_2241211_2 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "mlhart" <mlhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E774E80-1499-47D6-8412-1FE46896409F@microsoft.com... > How do I use the voice recognition? Sorry, replied to wrong post "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:OVfK93ruEHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/biztools/article.php/10730_2241211_2 > > -- > > Ki...