Removing last 5.5 server #3

I have upgraded our Exchange organization to 2003.  All mailboxes, public
folders, and connectors have been relocated to the new server and all is
working well.  I have worked through the kb article 822450 to remove the 5.5
server, but ran into a concerning issue when I tried to actually delete the
old server.  When I click delete, it processes normally, to make sure that
the server is inaccessible, but then returns an odd message that raises
several questions for me.  The prompt states that there are over 300
mailboxes and gateways on the old server, and that they will be deleted with
the server.

I cancelled out of the deletion, and started the services back up to confirm
what was on the server.  No mailboxes, no connectors, no public folders that
I can see.

So, I guess my question is whether this response is normal when removing the
5.5 server?  Should I be concerned?  Did I miss something in the process?
0
ChrisDial (1)

"=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRGlhbA==?=" <ChrisDial@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:040E5229-2523-4399-97DC-1D0E55D2B8AB@microsoft.com:

> So, I guess my question is whether this response is normal when
> removing the 5.5 server?  Should I be concerned?  Did I miss something
> in the process?

Nothing hidden or anything strange? I'd suggest ignoring it.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

How to pull every tenth row of information out of a 5,000-row spreadsheet?
At work, we're doing a poll of 500 people, and we've got a list of 5,000 = potential people to contact in a vast, 5,000-row Microsoft Excel=20 spreadsheet. =20 Is there a way to run a query or a macro or something that will=20 automatically go in and select every tenth row on this document and=20 either erase the intervening rows and move all the remaining to the=20 top, and/or copy the contents of every tenth row into a new document=20 (but without nine blank rows between each row?) =20 We're using Microsoft Excel v.X on Mac OS X Jaguar. =20 Most of what we do is graphic desig...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Configuring exchange 5.5 behind ISA server
I am trying to implement exchange 5.5 behind a ISA server but could not get any information on how to go about.I don't know if this is actualy possible but if it is, please help me with the necessary information.Thanks for your help. Olumide I don't believe that the version of Exchange matters. In ISA, you have options to securely publish a mail server. All that does is create rulesets that SMTP, IMAP, POP3, etc. traffic get forwarded to a specific IP on the inside. There are plenty of documents on how to publish Exchange behind an ISA server over at http://isaserver.org....

OWA on separate server ?
Hello, is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one will carry OWA (and those web stuff). We gonna buy a separate web server and i thought that it would be nice to get owa on that server. TIA Absolutely. It is called a Front End / Back End Topology. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/febetop.mspx "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:%23$6x6HWVGHA.124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one > will carry OWA (and ...

Parse Suffix from Last Name Field
I have a last name field where the suffix like JR, SR, III, II, etc is part of the data. How can I parse the suffix and leave the last name? TIA On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:58:01 -0700, Bill B. <BillB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a last name field where the suffix like JR, SR, III, II, etc is part >of the data. How can I parse the suffix and leave the last name? TIA Not easily: what if you have LastName values like "de la Torre" or "von Beethoven"? You could use expressions like NewLast: Left(([lastname] & " ", InStr...

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Remove lines with +++

Exchange 5.5 moving into Active Directory
I need to know if I can move Exchange 5.5 into Active Directory 2003. If so is there anydocumentation somewhere for me to see. Joel: The tool you are looking for (if you are looking for a Microsoft tool) is the Active Directory Connector (the ADC). It is found on the Exchange 2003 CD-ROM or the Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 CD or download (in the ADC directory). There are dozens of possible permutations for implementing the ADC. It will all depend on your environment. Usually (but not always), the ADC assumes that your user accounts are already created in the Active Dire...

Gridlines #3
How do I restore gridlines athat have dissappeared? Tools, Options, View and Gridlines box is checked, yet no gridlines. What now? Old Red One Maybe the cells are patterned in white. This will hide the lines. Andy. "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote in message news:#F9ZWo3gDHA.2352@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do I restore gridlines athat have dissappeared? Tools, Options, View > and Gridlines box is checked, yet no gridlines. What now? > > Change color of sheet back to automatic? "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote in me...

How to Remove SRS

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

Recurring Bill - every 3 weeks
Hello, one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible to schedule it in Money? thanks, Vadim Rapp Only thing I can think of is to make up three separate MONTHLY payments occurring at three different dates each month (like the 1st of each month, 8th, 15th........etc.). "Vadim Rapp" <vr@nospam.myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:%23q$jNA9iIHA.4320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible > to schedule it in Money? > > thanks, > Vadim Rapp > > > ...

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Territories
Please can we have a solution to the problem of not allowing users to be assigned to more than one territory. I have Support Team members who manage more than one territory and would like to be able to split up the territories in CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

How do I force Outlook 2007 to connect to the server?
I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the hotel and to my company's network via VPN. When i open Outlook, it shows that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it. I've checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but will not change from being "offline." WTF? Within OL, File>Offline? "Tom S." <Tom S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8EEB36-AB95-48BE-B1C1-2AFFEBF44B3D@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet...

Removing password protection on a sheet