Removing Exchange 5.5 Servers

I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago.  However, the two
exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the
exchnage 2003 box.  The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown
two years ago since hten.  I tried turning back on but was unable to connect
to the domain.  It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain.  It stated
unable to connect to domain controller.  in the past I had to use a host file
to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that
holds all the master roles.  I also have an exchnage 5.5 server that at one
time was used just for the pc website communication it is no longer used for
that purpose but is stilll running.  I want to remove all the 5.5 servers
from my network.  How can I do this?

You may have to hard delete it through adsiedit.

How to remove an Exchange Server 5.5 computer from an Exchange 2000
Server administrative group by using ADSI Edit
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328668

James Chong (MVP)

On Apr 20, 6:54 pm, George Schneider <georgedschnei...@news.postalias>
wrote:
> I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago.  However, the two
> exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the
> exchnage 2003 box.  The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown
> two years ago since hten.  I tried turning back on but was unable to connect
> to the domain.  It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain.  It stated
> unable to connect to domain controller.  in the past I had to use a host file
> to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that
> holds all the master roles.  I also have an exchnage 5.5 server that at one
> time was used just for the pc website communication it is no longer used for
> that purpose but is stilll running.  I want to remove all the 5.5 servers
> from my network.  How can I do this?

0
jamestechman (1266)
4/21/2007 2:21:45 AM
I guess the question is if its worth the trouble of trying to get thwe server
back on the network or jsut removing it.  Should I also emply this method the
remove my other exchange 5.5 server that is no longer functioning as such but
still on the network.  Does this article apply to 2003 as well.

I was looking at the public folder instances to make sure everythign was on
the 2003 server sine the migration two years ago abd found the following:

exchangeV1
forms_*
globalevents
*
internal
Microsoft
OAD Version 2
OAB Version 2
OAB Version 3A
OAB Version 4
Offline Address  Book
Offline Address Book
Organization Forms
OWAScratch Pad
Schedule+ Free Busy Information
schema-root
Store-events

* denotes a specific folder to our organiation

Why do I have two OAB Version 2 folders?

"Jamestechman" wrote:

> You may have to hard delete it through adsiedit.
>
> How to remove an Exchange Server 5.5 computer from an Exchange 2000
> Server administrative group by using ADSI Edit
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328668
>

> James Chong (MVP)
>
> On Apr 20, 6:54 pm, George Schneider <georgedschnei...@news.postalias>
> wrote:
> > I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago.  However, the two
> > exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the
> > exchnage 2003 box.  The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown
> > two years ago since hten.  I tried turning back on but was unable to connect
> > to the domain.  It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain.  It stated
> > unable to connect to domain controller.  in the past I had to use a host file
> > to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that
> > holds all the master roles.  I also have an exchnage 5.5 server that at one
> > time was used just for the pc website communication it is no longer used for
> > that purpose but is stilll running.  I want to remove all the 5.5 servers
> > from my network.  How can I do this?

Remove Excel Icon ??

exchange "directory lookup " problem
dear mvp i have one domain and sub-domain , two domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3 sp2 in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't forward to root domain , all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup " but can send out & receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain if anyone one know , pls help me thank your very much On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >dear mvp ...

Removal

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003
I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists. Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address list name in their Outlook client? For example, I have an address list called "Confidential Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see the contents of the address list. However, these same users can still see the heading or name of the address list. I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see an address list heading but ...

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Exchange down #2
Hello, After some much needed help on this one.... Last night our SAN connection to Exchange (2003 std ed) went and so did our logs and DB, after 4 hours Exchange was back and we went home. This morning after 2 hours of user in and working the SAN connection went again this time taking the finance server too, - great!! Managed to get a working solution but we could only manage to ensure one server connected to SAN, as Finance is Progress it got the SAN. We moved (properly) via Exchange the priv and pubs to a local disk of the server and also the logs, Exchange was fine until the SAN ...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Mailbox recovery in exchange 2000 server
I have backed up my information store which has a mailboxstore in which my mailbox exits in one exchange server. I need to restore this mailbox to another exchange server in another forest . Can anybody provide step by step procedure to recover my mail box store into another exchange server in another forest . I have named the other exch srvr with same org name , admin grp , storage grp and mailbox store but restore does not seems to happen as my server names are different. reply thnks Hi Chicago it's probably because the name of the mailbox store and the name of the pulic store d...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Exchange 2000 Information store error (Urgently need help)
We have Exchange 2000 service pack 3 and I have just found event ID 1025 - function name or description of problem SLINK: Ecupdate Error 0x8004010f on our Information Store. The store is running OK and we can send and receive mail. The event ID points a few things out but any help greatly appreciated. thanks -- Kath http://www.portsense.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/2003/September/17/390282.cfm -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Kaddie" <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote in message news:FA54A12E-4C87-4B7C-B29F-8D4DC765F62...

How do I force Outlook 2007 to connect to the server?
I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the hotel and to my company's network via VPN. When i open Outlook, it shows that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it. I've checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but will not change from being "offline." WTF? Within OL, File>Offline? "Tom S." <Tom S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8EEB36-AB95-48BE-B1C1-2AFFEBF44B3D@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet...

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

outlook exchange calendar.. auto appear in crm calendar ??
Hi Is it possible to make someones calendar from exchange auto synch with his calendar in CRM? I mean.. without clicking track in crm when making an appointment ? main purpose would be so ppl create appointments with their blackberry and appears in crm.. Thanks ...

Removing password protection on a sheet

Uninstalling exchange server 2000
I want to uninstall exchange server 2000 from my windows 2003 server but I received a message that I need to move users to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling the server. I am new to exchange server. Please help. If the Exchange 2000 you can not remove a server if it has mailboxes still on it. You need to move these mailboxes to another Exchange server if you have one or delete them. Go to AD and do a find, change the find to Exchange Recipients in the box at the top and tick only Users with Exchange mailbox, then click on the storage tab and c...

Folder Creation slow in Exchange 2003
Hi, I just got through an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration, and am working out the kinks. One thing I noticed, when I create a folder in Outlook (i.e. task list, contacts, calendar, etc.) it takes like 4 minutes to add it. Using Exchange 5.5, it was pretty much immediate. Any ideas? I do still have the 5.5 server in the organization, but it's shutdown. Could this have an impact? Thanks, Troy ...