Removing Exchange 2000 #4

I'm migrating Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 cluster and have hit a snag.

I have migrated all public folders to the 2003 including the offline address
book, OAB.  ESM shows that the OAB is held only on 2003, but if I turn the
Exchange 2000 server off users are unable to download the offline address
book (error 0x80004005), so there must still be a copy or reference there
somewhere, but where?  If ESM is showing incorrect information, where can I
view the correct information?

I still have ADC replicating a legacy 5.5 server, using the SRS on the
Exchange 2000 as SRS is not supported on a cluster and 5.5 is still
required.  Could this be the issue, or part thereof?

Thanks

0
Mike9156 (6)

That error message indicates a permissions problem of some sort.  Did you
replicate over the correct OAB?  Exchange 2003 uses OAB Version 3a if my
understanding is correct.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Mike" <Mike@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> I'm migrating Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 cluster and have hit a
> snag.
>
> I have migrated all public folders to the 2003 including the offline
> address
> book, OAB.  ESM shows that the OAB is held only on 2003, but if I turn the
> Exchange 2000 server off users are unable to download the offline address
> book (error 0x80004005), so there must still be a copy or reference there
> somewhere, but where?  If ESM is showing incorrect information, where can
> view the correct information?
>
> I still have ADC replicating a legacy 5.5 server, using the SRS on the
> Exchange 2000 as SRS is not supported on a cluster and 5.5 is still
> required.  Could this be the issue, or part thereof?
>
> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/13/2005 4:56:26 PM
Yes, Version 3a was replicated and confirmed to be in synch on 2003 before
removing from 2000.

M.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> That error message indicates a permissions problem of some sort.  Did you
> replicate over the correct OAB?  Exchange 2003 uses OAB Version 3a if my
> understanding is correct.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Mike" <Mike@mydomain.com> wrote in message
>> I'm migrating Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 cluster and have hit a
>> snag.
>>
>> I have migrated all public folders to the 2003 including the offline
>> address
>> book, OAB.  ESM shows that the OAB is held only on 2003, but if I turn
>> the
>> Exchange 2000 server off users are unable to download the offline address
>> book (error 0x80004005), so there must still be a copy or reference there
>> somewhere, but where?  If ESM is showing incorrect information, where can
>> view the correct information?
>>
>> I still have ADC replicating a legacy 5.5 server, using the SRS on the
>> Exchange 2000 as SRS is not supported on a cluster and 5.5 is still
>> required.  Could this be the issue, or part thereof?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Mike9156 (6)
9/14/2005 8:00:03 AM
Found the problem - the mailbox store is using the 2000 server as the
default public folders.

Thanks anyway Ed.

M.

> Yes, Version 3a was replicated and confirmed to be in synch on 2003 before
> removing from 2000.
>
> M.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> That error message indicates a permissions problem of some sort.  Did you
>> replicate over the correct OAB?  Exchange 2003 uses OAB Version 3a if my
>> understanding is correct.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Mike" <Mike@mydomain.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm migrating Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 cluster and have hit a
>>> snag.
>>>
>>> I have migrated all public folders to the 2003 including the offline
>>> address
>>> book, OAB.  ESM shows that the OAB is held only on 2003, but if I turn
>>> the
>>> Exchange 2000 server off users are unable to download the offline
>>> address
>>> book (error 0x80004005), so there must still be a copy or reference
>>> there
>>> somewhere, but where?  If ESM is showing incorrect information, where
>>> can I
>>> view the correct information?
>>>
>>> I still have ADC replicating a legacy 5.5 server, using the SRS on the
>>> Exchange 2000 as SRS is not supported on a cluster and 5.5 is still
>>> required.  Could this be the issue, or part thereof?
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Mike9156 (6)
9/14/2005 11:54:09 AM
Found the problem.  The 2003 is using the 2000 as the default public folder
store.

Cheers for the help.

M.

"Mike" <Mike@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> Yes, Version 3a was replicated and confirmed to be in synch on 2003 before
> removing from 2000.
>
> M.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> That error message indicates a permissions problem of some sort.  Did you
>> replicate over the correct OAB?  Exchange 2003 uses OAB Version 3a if my
>> understanding is correct.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "Mike" <Mike@mydomain.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm migrating Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 cluster and have hit a
>>> snag.
>>>
>>> I have migrated all public folders to the 2003 including the offline
>>> address
>>> book, OAB.  ESM shows that the OAB is held only on 2003, but if I turn
>>> the
>>> Exchange 2000 server off users are unable to download the offline
>>> address
>>> book (error 0x80004005), so there must still be a copy or reference
>>> there
>>> somewhere, but where?  If ESM is showing incorrect information, where
>>> can I
>>> view the correct information?
>>>
>>> I still have ADC replicating a legacy 5.5 server, using the SRS on the
>>> Exchange 2000 as SRS is not supported on a cluster and 5.5 is still
>>> required.  Could this be the issue, or part thereof?
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Mike9156 (6)

Remove Excel Icon ??

exchange "directory lookup " problem
dear mvp i have one domain and sub-domain , two domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3 sp2 in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't forward to root domain , all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup " but can send out & receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain if anyone one know , pls help me thank your very much On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >dear mvp ...

Removal

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003
I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists. Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address list name in their Outlook client? For example, I have an address list called "Confidential Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see the contents of the address list. However, these same users can still see the heading or name of the address list. I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see an address list heading but ...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Exchange down #2
Hello, After some much needed help on this one.... Last night our SAN connection to Exchange (2003 std ed) went and so did our logs and DB, after 4 hours Exchange was back and we went home. This morning after 2 hours of user in and working the SAN connection went again this time taking the finance server too, - great!! Managed to get a working solution but we could only manage to ensure one server connected to SAN, as Finance is Progress it got the SAN. We moved (properly) via Exchange the priv and pubs to a local disk of the server and also the logs, Exchange was fine until the SAN ...

AutoArchiving #4
Without giving me the lecture on why autoarchiving is a bad solution, can anyone help me out with a problem I think I'm having. We no longer autoarchive to their hard drives, we have them archive to a network drive so we can back it up, etc. etc. We copied the users' existing PST's to the network drive and made the local ones Read Only so they couldn't open it and use it, thinking they were using the network copy. My Director of Human Resources just called to say she was missing a bunch of messages. It seems that somehow Outlook reset itself, so the Inbox was using th...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

OWA attachments #4
Hello, is it possible to monitor attachments sent by user through OWA? For example: I want to know, what files were sent by any user (file name, possibly file size). I have one Exchange 2003 back end server, one exchange 2003 front end server and OWA publishing on ISA 2004. Thanks for any idea. Ondrej Kocourek "Ondrej Kocourek" <koci@seznam.cz> wrote: >is it possible to monitor attachments sent by user through OWA? For example: >I want to know, what files were sent by any user (file name, possibly file >size). > >I have one Exchange 2003 back end se...

Mailbox recovery in exchange 2000 server
I have backed up my information store which has a mailboxstore in which my mailbox exits in one exchange server. I need to restore this mailbox to another exchange server in another forest . Can anybody provide step by step procedure to recover my mail box store into another exchange server in another forest . I have named the other exch srvr with same org name , admin grp , storage grp and mailbox store but restore does not seems to happen as my server names are different. reply thnks Hi Chicago it's probably because the name of the mailbox store and the name of the pulic store d...

Duplicate e-mail messages 2000 downloaded in outlook, there must be a solution
I recently installed Microsoft Office XP and downloaded all of the service packs and patches to Office (including Outlook 2002). Almost every time I reboot and even sometimes reload outlook, Outlook will keep downloading the same messages into my folders from the e-mail server of each account. I have "leave a copy" on server checked for most of my counts. Is their a solution to this problem? This could be because of firewall settings so that a confirmation of receiving cannot be send back to the smtp server. Disable the firewall for a while and see if the problem is gone. Hope this...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Exchange 2000 Information store error (Urgently need help)
We have Exchange 2000 service pack 3 and I have just found event ID 1025 - function name or description of problem SLINK: Ecupdate Error 0x8004010f on our Information Store. The store is running OK and we can send and receive mail. The event ID points a few things out but any help greatly appreciated. thanks -- Kath http://www.portsense.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/2003/September/17/390282.cfm -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Kaddie" <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote in message news:FA54A12E-4C87-4B7C-B29F-8D4DC765F62...

Office 2000 live up date lost original CD rom
The office have lost the CD Rom Office 2000 SR-1 Premium French and since I down loaded an update from MS each time I open Excel it ask for the original CD as noted above . This all effect other Excel item i.e. can not open direct from e-mails and old versions on our server Its not possible to buy the above version of office on the market What upgrade would you recommend or what can I do to get this problem solved Thanks If you have registered it then call Microsoft and see if they can replace the media for you. Never hurts to ask. -- Regards Ken.........................

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

outlook exchange calendar.. auto appear in crm calendar ??
Hi Is it possible to make someones calendar from exchange auto synch with his calendar in CRM? I mean.. without clicking track in crm when making an appointment ? main purpose would be so ppl create appointments with their blackberry and appears in crm.. Thanks ...

Removing password protection on a sheet