Removed server, exchange still looking for it?

Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now
am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it.  Why is it doing that?
0
dlw (166)

I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration.  Rebooting the
Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem.

MTA must keep the information cached.

Tim

"dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and
> now
> am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it.  Why is it doing that?

0
Tim5012 (19)
1/16/2006 2:31:34 PM
Yes, the 5.5/2000 upgrade issue was mentioned in the KB.  I'm all 5.5, I'll
try rebooting...

"dlw" wrote:

> Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now
> am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it.  Why is it doing that?
0
dlw (166)

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

exchange "directory lookup " problem
dear mvp i have one domain and sub-domain , two domain also is win2k3 + exchange2k3 sp2 in these few day , my sub-domain exchange have problem ,all mail can't forward to root domain , all is hold on " server " " queues" " messages awaiting directory lookup " but can send out & receive out-bound mail in sub-domain exchange is work just internal mail not work can't send & receive to root-domain if anyone one know , pls help me thank your very much On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:53:51 +0800, <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >dear mvp ...

DPM 2010 RC - Exchange 2007
Hi, We are protecting a exchange 2007 server, DPM is all green. When I go to restore, I cant drill down to mailbox only to the database? Could someone advise? Thanks Dave Have you protected the exchange server using workgroup/un-trusted domain flow? If so, mailbox enumeration is not supported when an exchange server is protected using this flow. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "DRLJAMES" <DRLJAMES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBEC7CDA-AAE0-48CE-A6F7...

OWA on separate server ?
Hello, is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one will carry OWA (and those web stuff). We gonna buy a separate web server and i thought that it would be nice to get owa on that server. TIA Absolutely. It is called a Front End / Back End Topology. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/febetop.mspx "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:%23$6x6HWVGHA.124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > is it posible to deploy exchange 2003 sp2 on two server. That second one > will carry OWA (and ...

Configuring exchange 5.5 behind ISA server
I am trying to implement exchange 5.5 behind a ISA server but could not get any information on how to go about.I don't know if this is actualy possible but if it is, please help me with the necessary information.Thanks for your help. Olumide I don't believe that the version of Exchange matters. In ISA, you have options to securely publish a mail server. All that does is create rulesets that SMTP, IMAP, POP3, etc. traffic get forwarded to a specific IP on the inside. There are plenty of documents on how to publish Exchange behind an ISA server over at http://isaserver.org....

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Exchange down #2
Hello, After some much needed help on this one.... Last night our SAN connection to Exchange (2003 std ed) went and so did our logs and DB, after 4 hours Exchange was back and we went home. This morning after 2 hours of user in and working the SAN connection went again this time taking the finance server too, - great!! Managed to get a working solution but we could only manage to ensure one server connected to SAN, as Finance is Progress it got the SAN. We moved (properly) via Exchange the priv and pubs to a local disk of the server and also the logs, Exchange was fine until the SAN ...

IMF global settings affect all servers
How can individual server UCE and SCL configurations be set to bypass the global setting? I’ve heard (TechEd?) this can be done in the registry on selective Exchange servers by I’m unable to find references to this. TIA Never heard such a thing is possible (despite working with IMF every day). cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Jim2007" <Jim2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BD2481B-5097-4617-9604-0D34A57CA2F3@microsoft.com... > How can ...

Removing an item from menu

Outlook still in memory under XP
Can anyone tell me how to get Outlook to really exit under XP? I close it but it's still listed in the task manager. Jim Thames wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to get Outlook to really exit under XP? I close it > but it's still listed in the task manager. > > Ctrl/Alt/Del click on "Processes" tab, select desired image name, click "End Process". Jim Thames wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to get Outlook to really exit under XP? I > close it but it's still listed in the task manager. It does not seem to do that for me. Are you sure i...

Need to remove selected characters

Mailbox recovery in exchange 2000 server
I have backed up my information store which has a mailboxstore in which my mailbox exits in one exchange server. I need to restore this mailbox to another exchange server in another forest . Can anybody provide step by step procedure to recover my mail box store into another exchange server in another forest . I have named the other exch srvr with same org name , admin grp , storage grp and mailbox store but restore does not seems to happen as my server names are different. reply thnks Hi Chicago it's probably because the name of the mailbox store and the name of the pulic store d...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Exchange 2000 Information store error (Urgently need help)
We have Exchange 2000 service pack 3 and I have just found event ID 1025 - function name or description of problem SLINK: Ecupdate Error 0x8004010f on our Information Store. The store is running OK and we can send and receive mail. The event ID points a few things out but any help greatly appreciated. thanks -- Kath http://www.portsense.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/2003/September/17/390282.cfm -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Kaddie" <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote in message news:FA54A12E-4C87-4B7C-B29F-8D4DC765F62...

connecting exchange servers in different forests...
hi, my company is in four different locations and we have @test.com, @mail.test.com, @downloads.test.com all are windows 2000 AD and windows 2003 exchanger servers. All these domains are in different forests and different exchange organisations. now my company want a common mail extension like @test.com to all the users for all these domain in different forests. Pls help me.. Why do they want a single email domain and still have separate AD domain forests. This is not a good plan. I would look at integrating all the Windows domains into one forest if they are serious about this. Exchan...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

outlook exchange calendar.. auto appear in crm calendar ??
Hi Is it possible to make someones calendar from exchange auto synch with his calendar in CRM? I mean.. without clicking track in crm when making an appointment ? main purpose would be so ppl create appointments with their blackberry and appears in crm.. Thanks ...

How do I force Outlook 2007 to connect to the server?
I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet in the hotel and to my company's network via VPN. When i open Outlook, it shows that it is working offline and I cannot find a way to change it. I've checked the email settings and it seems to find the server just fine, but will not change from being "offline." WTF? Within OL, File>Offline? "Tom S." <Tom S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8EEB36-AB95-48BE-B1C1-2AFFEBF44B3D@microsoft.com... >I am running Outlook 2007 and am on a trip connected to the internet...