Remove SMTPSVC version in mail header (header not banner)

Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not
banner) ?

Exemple :

Original header:
SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100

Modified header:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100

Regards

Alfred

0
Alfred (21)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Alfred
<Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not
>banner) ?
>
>Exemple :
>
>Original header:
>SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100
>

>Modified header:
>Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100
>
>Regards
>
>Alfred

Not natively. 3rd party stuff will do that.
0
adavid (8731)
8/25/2006 12:16:24 PM
Can you share any third party solutions?  I too am looking for a
gateway product (if not possible natively) that can disclose internal
info about our network.

Thanks!

Andy David - MVP wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Alfred
> <Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not
> >banner) ?
> >
> >Exemple :
> >
> >Original header:
> >SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100
> >

> >Modified header:
> >Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Alfred
> >

> Not natively. 3rd party stuff will do that.

0
ltgt2k (3)

Removal

Windows Mail could not be started 04-09-10
I'm trying to do a mail merge in Word 2007 using Outlook as our standard email programme, however when I try sending emails in HTML format I get an error message that Window Mail could not be started. When sending emails as an attachement or RTF there is no problem. Any help is appreciated-Thank you. "Ellen Ileia Foundation" <Ellen Ileia Foundation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFB4D46A-A3B7-4214-8054-F7C63F6CBE6E@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to do a mail merge in Word 2007 using Outlook as our standard > email programme, however...

Expedited outgoing mail returns to sender
I have a glitch with My outlook Express....when I select the send/rcv button to expedite the sending of outgoing mail, the mail package returns to my inbox instead of going to the recipient. Is there something I can "uncheck" in the setup/config pages to change this so mail will deliver to the recipient? Further, if I let the mail go without clicking the send/rcv button, it goes thru to the recipient as expected under normal circumstances... signed confused This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support tr...

Which version?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to upgrade our office edition of 2001 to the Office 2004 version. Can anyone tell me how many computers you can run the Office Professional 2004 version on as I can't seem to find this info on Microsoft's website? "chelsey@officeformac.com" wrote: > I would like to upgrade our office edition of 2001 to the Office 2004 version. > Can anyone tell me how many computers you can run the Office Professional 2004 > version on as I can't seem to find this info on Microsoft's webs...

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

Outlook E-mail Unable to SEND
I'm traveling. While charter.net is my home ISP and I can send using Charter's own Webmail system, I cannot send using my Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP3 from anywhere today. I've been to the free wireless at Panera Bread and I've tried a home network here which is using AOL. I even changed the ouotgoing server address to <smtp.aol.com> while at the local home using AOL from <smtp.charter.net> which I use at my home location and at Panera Bread. (I also tried <mail.charter.net> which is what Charter suggested, and that didn't work either.>)...

Problem in mailing only to yahoo
We have facing problem in sending mails only to yahoo. When ever any user sends mail to yahoo the massage qued and following problem occur This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator. "Hemant Bisht" <Hemant Bisht@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8995B28C-65BB-4149-AEFE-514A94FD9269@microsoft.com... > We have facing problem in sending mails only to yahoo. When ever any user > sends mail to yahoo the massage qued and followi...

how to convert mail to task? #2
hi everyone, i wonder if someone knows how can i make a mcro that will convert mai (from specific folder) to a task? i have a folder in my outlook that every mail there i convert to tas by draging the mail (using the right click) to the task folder an choosing the "Copy Here as Task with Attachment" option - as you ca see in the attach pic i want to make this action automatic. 10x for your time eligr +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: !test.jpg |Download attachment: http://www.outloo...

How to Remove SRS

Windows mail on Vista machine
I am running Windows Mail on a Vista machine which has MS Office 2007 installed. I have purchased a new machine which runs Windows 7, 64-bit and also has MS Office 2007 installed. Is there a way to get from Windows Mail on the Vista machine to Outlook on the Windows machine and move all my settings, address book, and old mail? Thank you. -- _____________________________________________________________________ God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Sure. On the Vista c...

remove Fax from address book?

Some SMTP mail not received
Hi Guys. Recently upgraded corp network from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Now (and presumably even prior to the upgrade) some mailboxes do not receive all the email sent from external mailservers. Some is received. The mail that is not received does not generate any NDR at the sender's side. I cannot find any common base for the messages that are not received (size, specific sender etc) This is not an Outlook rules issue, nor is it an antivirus deleting messages arbitrarily. HELP! Thanks "Arnon" <arnonf@hotmail.com> wrote: >Recently upgraded corp network from Excha...

Removing an item from menu

Distro list mail acceptance
How can i make my distribution lists not to accept emails from outside the company email addresses? If you are running Exchange 2003, you can click a checkbox on the Exchange General property (I think) page that tells it not to accept mail from anonymous connections. Otherwise, you have to put in a list of authorized senders. You could create a DL of your internal users, then put that in the list of people that are allowed to send to that DL. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsof...

how to send HTML e-mails with images?
I can't figure out how to set up an HTML newsletter (i.e. same format each time) to send via e-mail. I receive these things all the time and I know how to create HTML web pages, but I can't figure out how to send an e-mail from Outlook that is basically formatted like a web page, which calls images from a server (rather than attached)...can anyone help? Depends how complex you want the email, there is an easy way using Outlooks add a signature. send me a email ross@trainingcomputersolutions.co.uk, I will show you >-----Original Message----- >I can't figure out how to set u...

Suddenly cannot receive mail through outlook express
I cannot receive my e-mail. As I open mail, I get this error message: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have been through the phone tech help nighmare at Microsoft and HP, trying to get it figured out...any ideas? Thank you so much. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 9...

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Set up e-mail account in outlook 97
How do I setup an E-mail account in outlook 97 malta <malta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I setup an E-mail account in outlook 97 Tools>Services. -- Brian Tillman If you want to use a POP account, get the IMEP patch or the service packs. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/imep.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "malta" <malta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1E076BE...