Remove SMTP addresses from users

I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the wrong
set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I already
created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I want
to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts.

How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses?
--
---
Richard Perry

It is not straightforward but read this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318774/en-us

Nue
"Richard Perry" <RichardPerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the
>wrong
> set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I
> already
> created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I
> want
> to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts.
>
> How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses?
> --
> ---
> Richard Perry
> Systems Administrator/Programmer
> Shadow Mountain Ministries
> San Diego Christian College
> Southern California Seminary
> Christian Unified Schools of San Diego

0
imaneophyte (3005)
5/31/2006 11:17:40 PM
Hello Richard,

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Scripting-Exchange-VBScript-ADSI-Part2.html

> I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the
> wrong set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee
> users. I already created the correct policies, and applied it to the
> correct users. Now I want to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other
> accounts.
>
> How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses?

0
berniec (5)
6/1/2006 12:01:21 AM
Thanks! This article worked perfectly!
--
---

"Nuevo" wrote:

> It is not straightforward but read this:

> Nue
> "Richard Perry" <RichardPerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the
> >wrong
> > set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I
> > already
> > created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I
> > want
> > to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts.
> >
> > How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses?
> > --
> > ---
> > Richard Perry
> > Systems Administrator/Programmer
> > Shadow Mountain Ministries
> > San Diego Christian College
> > Southern California Seminary
> > Christian Unified Schools of San Diego

Remove Excel Icon ??

Distribution list without e-mail address
I run an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for a family owned corporation. Most of the executives are family members. We have maintained a distribution list in the GAL with the e-mail addresses of all family members, both in-house and external. The main purpose of the list is for ease of sending out important family news to the entire family in one fell-swoop. The problem with this, is that because this is a family owned business, many things go one that would not be tolerated in a public corporation. One of the main problems I have is that I am not allowed to police what users do with ...

All Address Lists -- Exchange 2003
I have created new address lists in Exchange 2003 under Exchange System Manager | Recipients | All address Lists. Is there a way to prevent a user from seeing the address list name in their Outlook client? For example, I have an address list called "Confidential Email Addresses", and so far I have been able to figure out how to set permissions so specific users cannot see the contents of the address list. However, these same users can still see the heading or name of the address list. I am trying to prevent questions as to why users can see an address list heading but ...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

ActiveSync fails if the SMTP primary e-mail is not the same as the user ID #2
Please help. I have already made a posting below. Is there any fix for this. Or some configuration changes. ...

How to Remove SRS

Limit to GDI Handles and User Handles
Hi, My software is a highly interactive application that uses lots of windows with sub windows (a few hundred windows is not an exception). Not all windows are visible at the same time, but at certain moments the user must be able to quickly switch to another window so I keep the relevant windows invisible and make them visible when needed. Due to the structure of the software, it is not possible to decrease the number of windows. Nevertheless I have succeeded to decrease the used pens, brushes, .... Cleaning up the used menu handles and icon handles is planned for the medium- to long-term. ...

Some SMTP mail not received
Hi Guys. Recently upgraded corp network from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Now (and presumably even prior to the upgrade) some mailboxes do not receive all the email sent from external mailservers. Some is received. The mail that is not received does not generate any NDR at the sender's side. I cannot find any common base for the messages that are not received (size, specific sender etc) This is not an Outlook rules issue, nor is it an antivirus deleting messages arbitrarily. HELP! Thanks "Arnon" <arnonf@hotmail.com> wrote: >Recently upgraded corp network from Excha...

remove Fax from address book?

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Territories
Please can we have a solution to the problem of not allowing users to be assigned to more than one territory. I have Support Team members who manage more than one territory and would like to be able to split up the territories in CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Restrict OWA to user groups
Hello all, Does anybody know if it's possible to restrict Outlook Web Access to certain security groups? In the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, in the Exchange Tasks, there is a possibility to disable OWA access for a user. But we would like to grant access to OWA based on group membership. Is there a way we can use Group Policies to configure these settings? I searched the Microsoft knowledge base to no avail... Many thanks in advance. -- Richard W The OWA Permission is base on Mailbox enable object so I think it's not support your demand -- Jammy "Rich...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Want Access database to appear as Outlook Address Book 05-04-07
We have an existing database which we work with and maintain daily. It contains email addresses. Is there a simple way for Outlook to use it as an address book while allowing us to continue using the database normally? Outlook has a 128 character GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) which, if stored in an Access table can be used as a link to connect an Outlook record, you an Access record. Ask how to write it to an Access table in an Outlook newsgroup. I only have code which works with an Exchange Server. Have a look: Private Sub cmdOutlook_Click() Dim olApp As Object Dim ns...

email addresses #9
Can I automatically add new incoming or outgoing email addresses to address book R click the address > Add to Contacts... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rilo52" <rilo52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:742502FE-82BA-4BDF-9E1F-37A81F7C3D22@microsoft.com... > Can I automatically add new incoming or outgoing email addresses to > address > book only with an addin or by right clicking on the message and adding it - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm for addins that can do it. Note that it's generally better to add the ones you...

Outlook hanging for remote users after Blaster...?
I am getting reports from many of my users that when connecting from home using VPN, their Outlook hangs and shows 'Not Responding'. This has only started happening since the Blaster outbreak last week. Would be interested to hear of anyone else has the same issue....thanks Nick, My guess is that if you take a network trace of the logon sequence you would see port 135 getting blocked. For VPN users, the simple workaround (usually) is to modify your Hosts file to include something like the following: <internal IP of Exchange server> <FQDN of Exchange server> Hope...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

HELP - Samne SID on 6 Users
The SID S-1-5-32-544 was found on 6 users in the DS, so the store cannot map this SID to a unique user. The users involved are: /DC=domain_name1/CN=Builtin/CN=Administrators /DC=domain_name2/CN=Builtin/CN=Administrators /DC=root_domain_name/CN=Builtin/CN=Administrators /DC=domain_name3/CN=Builtin/CN=Administrators /DC=domain_name4/CN=Builtin/CN=Administrators /DC=domain_name5/CN=Builtin/CN=Administrators Please use the Exchange Active Directory Cleanup utility to merge the duplicate objects together. What should I do to fix this error? In news:E2D9991D-C068-4096-8360-736C8FD7942C@micro...

Removing password protection on a sheet