Remove mailbox from Everyone distribution list?

I have a mailbox user that I do NOT want to be part of
the "everyone" distribution list. I don't want to make it
a "hidden" mailbox since I do want people to send emails
to him.

Any ideas if this is possible?

I'm on Exch 5.5 in a Windows 2000 environment.

thanks
0
pmosca (3)

"Pablo" <pmosca@citizensconferencing.com> wrote in news:1fdc01c44a45
$8113e4e0$7d02280a@phx.gbl:

> I have a mailbox user that I do NOT want to be part of
> the "everyone" distribution list. I don't want to make it
> a "hidden" mailbox since I do want people to send emails
> to him.
>
> Any ideas if this is possible?

I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish. Do you mean you don't
want the box to be viewable on the Global Address List? There is no
"everyone" distribution list by default.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

bad file in SMTP mailbox
when i back up the mailboxes (all selected) the SMTP mailbox has an error about an attachement that was sent to our hr department: Access denied to file SMTP (MAIL-{ACDD8910-5F1B-4B18-A0F5-EB290DE08B95}) [connections/cn=smtp (mail)/cn={acdd8910-5f1b-4b18-a0f5-eb290de08b95}]?TempTable#1?#1?Denver Post Opportunities. no one in HR has this file in their mailbox, and the error will only occur when i back up the SMTP (guid) mailbox. how do you get into this mailbox and delete it? it shows no messages in ESM. mike mike menard wrote: > when i back up the mailboxes (all selected) the SM...

List Box to create a Report based on crosstab query
I have a form with a list box to select a value, and a button that is pressed to create a report based on the value selected in the list box. The problem is the query used to create the report and populate the values in the list box is a crosstab query, which is not updateable of course. Here is the SQL for my query: TRANSFORM Avg(Val([tblCourseGrades].[Grade])) AS AvgOfGrade SELECT TblStudents.[ClassNumber], TblStudents.Rank, TblStudents.[Last Name], TblStudents.[First Name], Avg(tblCourseGrades.Grade) AS AvgOfGrade1 FROM TblStudents INNER JOIN (tblCourses INNER JOIN tblCours...

exchange 5.5 mailbox limits exceed message.
I have a mailbox that is recieving limit warnings. I look at it through the Exchange Administrator and it is over the limits. However when io log on to the mailbox it shows that it is well under the limits. I have checked all of the folders and I can not see what the problem is. Anyone have any idieas? Thanks. look to see if they have journaling turned on, a lot of times users click on journal and accept outlook to track EVERYTHING with outlook, you'll know if you go into users mailbox and click journal.. you have to check this with their profile thought, not yours. AL I check and...

turn off indentation of automatic numbering lists
I am trying to figure out a way to turn off the indenting feature of the auto numbering. I need to use auto numbering but I need the list to be completely flushed left. I have searched and searched but been unable to find a way to change this. I know I can do it temporary by decreasing the indent but I need really need to this be a permanent setting change that I do not have to correct with each new report. This is how auto numbering currently looks: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asdfasdfasdf I need it to look like this all the time: 1. asdfasdfasdf 2. asd...

Remove Share and Delete Directories
I have been using a VBscript to systematically remove specified shares on a server and then delete the corresponding directory. Can someone assist in doing this via Powershell instead and provide an explanation? Thanks Using PowerShell v2 To remove the share Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Share -Filter "Name='share'" | Remove-WmiObject to delete the folder structure Remove-Item -Path C:\share -Recurse -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog: http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/ ...

Removal of unused left panel menu items
I would like to remove from users view Quotes, Orders, Invoices, and Products. These are the buttons on the left side vertical buttons from the SALES screen. I do not wish to eliminate altogether and make them easily re-addable as this functionality is used by the org. I think it might be as easy as setting security but am looking for for options and input on implementation. Thanks in advance, Scott Scott, You can't eliminate the tabs from view (in any supported way), but you can stop the users from seeing anything on those tabs. Check out the Roles functionality. Just remove the ...

Specifying a work distributed across a number of days
I need help on how to schedule the following in MS Project 2003, prof edition. Thanks in advance for your help I have 3 tasks to schedule. Task 1 - Total work 2 days - Work will be done 0.5 days each day (AM sessions) and will end after 4th day by lunch Task 2 - Total work 1.5 days - Work will be done 0.5 days each day (PM sessions) and will end after 3rd day by lunch Task 3 - Total work 1 day - Work will be done 0.5 days each day will start after task 2 is complete (on the 4th day). Paddy -- Task 1 -- Set the Duration to 4 days. Assign the resource to work 50% Units ...

Reconnect mailbox #2
We have: dc01, fp01 (both dc's with AD repl.) and mx01 in a single domain/forest. All are Win2k3 and mx01 is running Exch 2k3 enterprise. We have around 600 user accounts. When a user is deleted, the mailbox is disconnected. If we then try to reconnect this mb to another user and open the select object app. only about 40 user objects are shown, and we cannot find the others. Only one disconnected mbox is shown in exch mgr, and when I click reconnect only a limited list of users is displayed or searchable. Ever if I select a particular group (i.e. 'pupils' which contains 250 users...

Process to delete a mailbox
I was going to remove the exchange attributes, but a very dire warning popped up about loss of data and adversely affecting Exchange functionality if we were using the Active Directory Connector or other directory synchronization tool. It also mentioned that we should consult Microsoft Product support before using this task. I need to get a new mailbox for this user as soon as possible. I noticed that the Mailbox Store Limits properties option keeps deleted items for 14 days and deleted mailboxes for 30 days. Does either of these times relate to the time that the option to purge the...

Outlook 2003: HTML email & attachments list
I am using Outlook 2003, with SP2 installed. I compose & read emails in HTML format. I've noticed that when I reply to an email that had an attachment, there is no reference in the original message below my reply that there was originally an attachment. (The same appears to be true in Plain Text; however, I'm not looking for a way to work in Plain Text.) When using Rich Text formatting, when I reply, the attachment that was in the original email is indicated within a set of << >>'s... <<AttachmentName>> The main reason I compose & read in HTML f...

How to disable or remove a toolbar item of a specific entity?
Hi, I'd like to disable or remove the "create invoice" toolbar item from the salesorder entity. Is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance, Davide Hi Dave, From what you've written I think this might help: You can remove the "create" option from particular users via their User Role securities. To change these go to Settings --> Business Unit Settings --> Security Roles --> Once here you must change all the roles that relate to the users you do not want to have access to the "create invoice" feature. To remove just this feature g...

question on rules on unattended mailbox
I have an unattended mailbox that sends emails to some customers. sometimes the email is not in the sytem correctly, and you get a NDR message. I have created a rule in the mailbox to forward the NDRs to a certain user, but was wondering if we have to open outlook for that unattended mailbox to process its rules? > I have an unattended mailbox that sends emails to some customers. > > sometimes the email is not in the sytem correctly, and you get a NDR > message. > > I have created a rule in the mailbox to forward the NDRs to a certain > user, but was wondering...

Can I sort a list with more than three fields?
Dear all, I use Excel XP. If I choose from the Menu, Data>Sort ... I can only specify three fields heading to sort data. How can I sort more than three fields? For example, I want to sort with the follwong four fields: country, prodcut catagories, product and vendor! ------------------ Country Product Catagories Product Vendor UK Plastic Tray Hightech Plastic Engineering Ltd UK Paper Tray Everlasting Plastic Products Limited China Plastic Tray Durable Plastic Factory China Paper Box Paper Craft Ltd China Paper Box Artist Paper Coporation ------------...

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

Adding a title to a list view.
I have a splitter window with listviews on the top and bottom. I would like to add a title line to each view in addition to the normal column headers. Can anybody help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window with listviews on the top and bottom. > > I would like to add a title line to each view in addition to the normal > column headers. > > Can anybody help? The splitter automatically sizes its panes to fill the pane, so you need an arrangement that puts a parent/child pair into the pane. The parent would provide the title, the child would be the list con...

Help required: Automatically completing a list
I have a lengthy list (app. 8500 rows) in the following format: Customer1 OrderNum1 Line1 Value Line2 Value OrderNum2 Line1 Value Customer2 OrderNum1 Line1 Value Line2 Value Line3 Value Is there a formula / macro which would, for the empty cells only, copy the value of the cell above ? Basically I need the list to look like: Customer1 OrderNum1 Line1 Value Customer1 OrderNum1 Line2 Value Customer1 OrderNum2 Line1 Value Customer2 OrderNum1 Line1 Value C...

Can a macro read a list and insert the names into a web address?
I want to know if a macro can read a list of names (can be from 10 - 100 long) from 1 sheet and copy each name individually into a web address. Then place the results onto another sheet at pre determined places. Heres what I have: On Sheet xp from cell B3 is the list of names b 3 Thrasherfan 4 Mummybear58 3 Galadriel107 I want to read each name, 1 at a time and place them into: http://hiscore.runescape.com/index_lite.ws?player=*Insert name here* Then place that information onto:\ Sheet Team 1, cell B1 for 1st name Sheet Team 1, cell B41 for 2nd name Adding 40 ce...

How can I get To-do's to show up in the Today screen Task list?
Hi, I am a new Outlook user, and have recently run into a problem in that I missed doing some things I had made "To-Do" to remind me to do. Unfortunately, I assumed that the Today screen would show my active "To-Do's" but I realize it only show's "Tasks". I'm a unclear what the difference is. Is there anyway to integrate them so they both show up on the Today screen? Why are they in different folders? Thanks for your help. Ed Outlook 2007? They are on the To-do Bar... it's replacing Outlook today because few users use it. The to-do list ...

Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes
Hi there, Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created? Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000 server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment). Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form). Thanks! Uri. ...

remove last character in a series of different length part #'s
i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but all end in "v'. I want to remove just the "v". I tried text to coulmns and all the functions i know. If the v only shows up in the last character, maybe just select your range edit|replace what: v with: leave blank replace all If you don't want to do that, maybe a helper column of cells: =left(a1,len(a1)-1) drag down copy|paste special|values and delete the original column leo wrote: > > i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but > all end in "...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

Removing items on Sheet1 that are common to Sheet2
Sheet1 and Sheet2 have identical data on some rows. In Excel 2003, how do I find and remove all the rows on Sheet1 that are also on Sheet2? ?? SAME row on each?? sub delduprows() dim i as long for i = cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if cells(i,"a")=sheets("sheet2").cell(i,"a") then rows(i).delete next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "email4kh" <email4kh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F35355C6-75A7-4941-8011-97B6F4CEA7A8@microsoft.co...

SQL Error when running Paid Trx Removal
When running Paid Trx Removal, we get the following error: Microsoft ODBCSQLServerDriver Cannon insert duplicate key row in object RM30101 with unique index AK4RM30101. Then another error: The stored procedue RMPaidTransRemoval returned the following results DBMS 2601, Great Plains: 0. I ran check links and that didn't fix it. What can I do? Is there a query that I need to run to delete this dup. key? Any help would be great, this removal/report needs to be run asap. Thank you. Beth Beth, The problem here is that the RM30101 has duplicate key for one your transactions. If you kn...

How implement combo box sliding list?
I have to implement my own combo box from scratch. When the user clicks on the down arrow, I want the list to slide down the way it does for any ordinary Windows combo box. Does anyone happen to know how this is implemented? TIA Simon On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:51:29 +0100, "Simon" <sorde@gotadsl.co.uk> wrote: >I have to implement my own combo box from scratch. When the user clicks on >the down arrow, I want the list to slide down the way it does for any >ordinary Windows combo box. Does anyone happen to know how this is >implemented? I would guess som...

Ex2k: everybody has access to every mailbox
Hi, we have put our exchange 2000 server on new hardware and since than everybody can open any mailbox he or she wants. Can someone post the default access rights to the users mailbox and on the information store ? I have made a reference installing on a separate machine already and compared the rights but I see no difference. Our System: 1 Domain controller W2k SP4, 1 Mailserver W2K SP4, Ex2k SP3 Thanks for any help! Ulli ...