Remote Active Sync

Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have
no idea how to setup Mobile Access.  I would like to sync
my pocket pc remotely.  Does anyone know where I can get
step by step instructions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Jose
0
anonymous (74725)

Sync Issues with Sales for Outlook Client
In short, I haven't touched this product for about 18 months and unfortunately, I have virtually forgotten everything about this application. Therefore, I could really use your help in addressing an issue that I think we encountered before deploying it. Let's say user Joe Cool got a new PC (Windows XP SP2) in which we installed the Sales for Outlook Client. Ever since he got the new PC, he's had trouble syncing when he goes offline. When online, we see what we're expected to see while in the Sales for Outlook Client wihin Outlook. When we go offline, we don't se...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Activating Workbooks...
I'm creating a VB macro that needs to activate multiple workbooks that all have a different name. I.E. workbook 1 = 91547.645 workbook 2 = 93284.670 workbook 3 = 91549.680 where the first five characters are the fund number, and the last three characters are the workstation number I don't want the macro to care which workstation the fund is on, and just activate the workbook based on the fund number... I got the workbooks to open using fundnumber & ".*"... but I can't activate or close the workbooks by using the ".*" Anyone know a solution?...

Remote Active Sync
Hello, I just upgraded to Exchange 2003 Server and I have no idea how to setup Mobile Access. I would like to sync my pocket pc remotely. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to do this? Thanks, Jose ...

Mail Merge Activity
Is it possible to create activities(mail merge) when using the web client to do a mail merge? I know when we use Outlook client we can do it. Thanks Andrew -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ Hi Andrew, Our inexpensive VEM add-in enables you to use standard email templates and datafields in quick and normal email campaign activities by utilising a merge-send plug-in - plus much more besides. See http://www.vizola.com/vem. -Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com Hi Chris, Do your tool can run Mail merge? -- MS CRM consultants at M...

validating username and password in Active Directory
I am looking for help with the following task: 1. User clicks button on worksheet 2. Userform opens asking for username and password 3. The username and password information is verified against active directory 4. If username and password match AD, the user's initials are entered into a particular cell 5. If username and password do not match AD, a msgbox advises the user of the incorrect information. I already have the userform created and know how to do the msgbox stuff, I am just looking for the code to validate the user entered information to that in AD. Any sugges...

Remoting
Can I launch with some api an application in a remote pc that is connected to the same lan? If the answer is positive, can I supply also parameters? Regards Mark Overall, the simple answer is "no". In fact, if you can do this, there is a security hole in your network large enough to drive a freight train through. Sideways. However, you can create secure techniques that can allow this; creating the security is a topic well beyond the scope we can discuss here, but what you have to do is create some kind of server process that launches the program with appropriate security cred...

Be notified when any of the windows is activated
I want to write an application that is notified when any of the windows (created from my application or not) is activated by windows either by clicking on them or by any other means. These windows need not be my child frames, also need not be related to my application at all. All I need is to know which window is activated currently. You will need to setup a system wide WH_CALLWNDPROC hook and keep an eye out for WM_ACTIVATEAPP messages. Take a look at SetWindowsHookEx, and search google for examples. AliR. <yvzsahin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172678224.158012.128220@q2g20...

remote connections
In SS2K , how to enable remote connections ? For example, from my machine, within SEM I'd like to create a "New SQL Server Registration" connection to that machine. This has always worked for me in the past, but today I've encountered an SS2K instance which gives me a "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen (Connect())" error. Does it matter if the target instance is configured as "Windows Authentication" vs "Mixed Mode" ? I'm attempting the "New SQL Server Registration" via Windows Authentication. I...

Campaign Activity Appointment should syncronize with Outlook
When an Appointment is created from Campaign Activities, the appointment should syncronize with Outlook and allow Contacts and Users to be added/invited to the Appointed the same way an Appointment create from a Contact or Account Activity syncronizes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Verizon Wireless Sync Problem
I hope this is the right place to post this question. Having difficulty setting up Verizon's wireless sync in the workgroup option where it connects with Exchange. Verizon tech support was no help at all (after 90 minutes on the phone told me it was my problem not theirs). Here's the issue: When I set up the account I get the following error when it tries the intialization: Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\MAPIField s.cpp 9071 8/22/2005 7:41:28 AM Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\Outlo...

Follow-up activities 12-17-03
How can a sales rep create a follow-up activity to an activity which is going to be closed? As an example, initially, I created telephone call activity to contact the propsect on a certain day. The activity screen reminded me to call the prospect that day and I did. During the telephone call I agreed to perform a task for this prospect. I do not want to leave the screen to set up a new activity when this screen has all of the information to establish a new activity... Where is the functionality to establish a follow-up activity? You have to leave the activity screen...unless you b...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

changing contents of a sheet remotely
Hi, I have a list of jobs on sheet1 col A contains the job number, Sheet2 is an invoice, i enter job numbers into col A and Vlookups operate in the other cols. When i enter a number into sheet2 i would like the row which contains this job number to have the date entered into col M so i can easily check if a job has been charged out. What is the command for this, will it have to be run as a macro? If i then go on to enter numbers in a list down to cell A38 on sheet 2 is the best way to write code to look at all the numbers at once and adjust sheet1 accordingly? Or input the job numbers via a...

Syncing Outlook to Yahoo
Since upgrading to OL2003, I am no longer able to sync my calendar contacts, tasks with Yahoo as their Sync program does not yet suppor OL2003. Does anyone know a way around this other than being patient for Yaho to upgrade? Thanks, Nic Showalte ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com No, Microsoft does not program for Yahoo! so you will have to wait. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWE...

Remote Web Workplace / Remote Destop Web
I'm trying to set up remote desktop access for several of my key users . I found / enabled "TSWeb", however as far as I can see - and this is where I need some help - this only allows all users to access a specific computer within the LAN. I did make this work but there's really no advantage to running the web interface if it just connects to 1 computer. I next located the Remote Web Workplace that comes as part of SBS 2003. (I look after several networks, one of which uses SBS2003). This is the functionality I'm looking for however I am unable to make...

Active Sync
I have recently purchased Outlook 07 and a HTC Pro Touch Phone. When I sync I get an error message "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I close and restart there was no sync. My contacts from the phone are still not listed in Outlook. I have uninstalled and re-installed both active sync and outlook. What next? Thanks JB did you look in event viewer for clues? what version of activesync are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Reporting Exchange User Activity
Hi, I am looking for a means (3rd Party recommendations welcome) on how to get the following information from our Exchange server. The "client" list of domains may be up to 500 domain names. How many emails per day are sent by our company to its clients? How many emails per day are received by our company to its clients? How many emails per day are sent by a specified department to our clients? How many emails per day are received by a specified department from our clients? How many emails per day are sent by an individual to our clients? Thanks Promodag: http://www.promod...

VBA Delete a row in active sheet Please help
As you can see below i am grabbing all the used cells and i want to delete each row where column Y = "Page:" but i get type mismatches ... can someone refer me to references or spin me to the right direction. Thank you. ============================================= Sub DeletePageHeaderRows(DeleteRange As Range) ' Deletes all empty rows in DeleteRange ' Example: DeleteEmptyRows Selection ' Example: DeleteEmptyRows Range("A1:D100") Dim rCount As Long, r As Long If DeleteRange Is Nothing Then Exit Sub If DeleteRange.Areas.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ...

How to highlite the row and colum of the active cell?
Hello, How to highlite (or another optical indication) the row and colum of the active cell, and making the highliting moves along with the position of the active cell. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Maxim mdw, have a look at Chip's row liner addin at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "mdw" <abc@123....

"Message delivery to the remote domain '<ISP SMTP server>' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host."
"Message delivery to the remote domain '<ISP SMTP server>' failed for the following reason: The connection was dropped by the remote host." For the past couple of weeks I have been getting the above message every 10-15 minutes on Exchange 2000 SP3, Windows 2000 SP4. The SMTP queue also clogs up for a while then suddenly clears out. I have asked our ISP to look at their end & they claim there are no problems. A while ago I had this problem & switching off 8 bit MIME appeared to work (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=262168). I have made no ...

Activities 04-25-05
Hi, does anyone know if there is a slick way to schedule a new activity when closing an existing one. EG I am just adding sone data about a phone call just made, and want to schedule another call. I have to save and close the currect call, then create a new activity with the same contact data. I'd like something like "Clase and create follow up call". Thanks Ian Current functionality does not support being able to do that. It is a request i have seen made to Microsoft to change in future releases. Brett "Ian Kelsall" wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone k...

Stupid Question: Remote Register for Shows
I'm having a lovely time trying to update the system at work to POS. The conversion has been put off time after time due to the store being busy. As it's a small retail shop, not a surprise, but it does make it difficult to accomplish much. Latest question to come up: We have a single regular register in the store. We also have a laptop that the boss takes to shows to sell with. For shows, it's possible that the boss will be away from the home store for over two weeks. Are we going to have trouble (ie revert to eval mode) when the laptop is away from the dongle for tha...

Outlook 2003 Remote/Internet
Is it possible to have one profile for Outlook 2003 for both local and remote access to exchange? Remote meaning no VPN, but using the "Outlook over the Internet" functionality with HTTPS. If so, how? It should automatically use the same profile and credentials. What version of Exchange are you using? (Outlook Web Access is actually a component of Exchange, not Outlook - you would probably do better to ask in an Exchange group - probably Admin.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sen...