Relocating storage to a Stdby server or IP replication for DR

Hi.

I really hope I can find someone who can help me or give me a clue on
how to perform this

I'm trying to setup an environment to test Exchange replication using
3rd party.
The scope of the test is to provide a stdby Exchange server offsite
without relying on backup/restore.



I've setup the following environment in VMware

W2003B (AD + DNS)
W2003C (E2K3+SP1. IS and logs have been relocated and stored on
E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA) Source
W2003D (Nothing installed. Hasn't joined the domain). This is a clone
of W2003C before Exchange was installed and before it joined the domain
but all prereq are ready

Data is replicated at the block level through the network W2003C,E: -->
W2003D,E:.
MS Exchange System Attendant stopped
Replication stopped
MD5 checksum is consistent on the Src and Target servers

Assuming W2003C is not available anymore and therefore switched off

Here's what I've done.

W2003D joins the domain
Installed E2K3 + SP1 on it. Seen in the organization as W2003D with the
default First Storage group and the default path for the stores
C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb and Priv1.edb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question: How do I relocate these stores to W2003D ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked data integrity

1. DB stores Integrity Check Successful
ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb

2. /mh shows a clean shutdown
eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb
eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Priv1.edb

3. /k shows the checksum integrity successful
eseutil /k E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\e00.log

4. I can't run isinteg as W2003C (Src server) is offline now


Within VMware, I made clones and PIT snapshots so I can revert anytime


Has anyone planned a DR of this type or do you always rely on the tape
restores ? The aim of this task is to save considerable time by
switching over to the new server and have all mailboxes available to
the new server when the original server is down. Also, this is
something I have to look at for running Exchange on a GDC.
Unfortuantely, we don't have any Exchange Admin in our organization and
I went on an E2K3 admin course on which the Exchange admin didn't have
an answer.

Thanks for your help

Regards
Gaetan
Regards

0
gaetan1 (4)
1/30/2006 4:32:45 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
420 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Not sure if this will help. Take a look at the XOSoft Geo-clustering 
software as it is a whole lot simpler than the following process.
Nue
Part 1 - Reset Exchange AD objects

 1.       Open up Active Directory Users and Computer.

 2.       Select all the mail-enabled user objects to be moved.

 3.       Right Click the combined group selection and choose Exchange 
Tasks.

 4.       Complete the wizard to delete each of the mail-enabled user 
objects mailboxes.

 Part 2- Associate replicated mailbox stores with new Exchange Server

         1.       Mount appropriate databases within the Exchange Recovery 
Mailbox Center (RMC).

 2.       Using the RMC select all non-connected mailboxes using either the 
CTL or Shift Key.

 3.       Right click and select Find Match. Matching wizard will launch and 
establish GUID matches for each deleted MBX for an active user account.



4.       Right click the group selection for a second time and choose the 
Reconnect option.



Note: The Mailbox connection feature will reconnect each of the deleted 
mailboxes with their original user account thus updating the HOME_MDB and 
HOME_MTA attributes with the new 'dead server' name where the mailbox will 
now be homed.



Part 3 - Change client Outlook profile

 1.       Change the MAPI profile via network script, PROFMAN tools, or 
update DNS and WINS entries.

<gaetan@rocketmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1138638765.157727.7830@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi.
>
> I really hope I can find someone who can help me or give me a clue on
> how to perform this
>
> I'm trying to setup an environment to test Exchange replication using
> 3rd party.
> The scope of the test is to provide a stdby Exchange server offsite
> without relying on backup/restore.
>
>
>
> I've setup the following environment in VMware
>
> W2003B (AD + DNS)
> W2003C (E2K3+SP1. IS and logs have been relocated and stored on
> E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA) Source
> W2003D (Nothing installed. Hasn't joined the domain). This is a clone
> of W2003C before Exchange was installed and before it joined the domain
> but all prereq are ready
>
> Data is replicated at the block level through the network W2003C,E: -->
> W2003D,E:.
> MS Exchange System Attendant stopped
> Replication stopped
> MD5 checksum is consistent on the Src and Target servers
>
> Assuming W2003C is not available anymore and therefore switched off
>
> Here's what I've done.
>
> W2003D joins the domain
> Installed E2K3 + SP1 on it. Seen in the organization as W2003D with the
> default First Storage group and the default path for the stores
> C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb and Priv1.edb
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Question: How do I relocate these stores to W2003D ?
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I checked data integrity
>
> 1. DB stores Integrity Check Successful
> ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
> ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
>
> 2. /mh shows a clean shutdown
> eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb
> eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Priv1.edb
>
> 3. /k shows the checksum integrity successful
> eseutil /k E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\e00.log
>
> 4. I can't run isinteg as W2003C (Src server) is offline now
>
>
> Within VMware, I made clones and PIT snapshots so I can revert anytime
>
>
> Has anyone planned a DR of this type or do you always rely on the tape
> restores ? The aim of this task is to save considerable time by
> switching over to the new server and have all mailboxes available to
> the new server when the original server is down. Also, this is
> something I have to look at for running Exchange on a GDC.
> Unfortuantely, we don't have any Exchange Admin in our organization and
> I went on an E2K3 admin course on which the Exchange admin didn't have
> an answer.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Regards
> Gaetan
> Regards
> 


0
imaneophyte (3005)
1/30/2006 9:17:45 PM
Hi Nuevo

I will try this out. Thanks for the suggestion.

How do I mount appropriate databases within the Exchange Recovery
Mailbox Center (RMC) ? Where does this RMC reside ? Is this part of
Geo-clustering ? I have the userguide and can't find anylink to it

Thanks again
Regards
Gaetan


Nuevo wrote:
> Not sure if this will help. Take a look at the XOSoft Geo-clustering
> software as it is a whole lot simpler than the following process.
> Nue
> Part 1 - Reset Exchange AD objects
>
>  1.       Open up Active Directory Users and Computer.
>
>  2.       Select all the mail-enabled user objects to be moved.
>
>  3.       Right Click the combined group selection and choose Exchange
> Tasks.
>
>  4.       Complete the wizard to delete each of the mail-enabled user
> objects mailboxes.
>
>  Part 2- Associate replicated mailbox stores with new Exchange Server
>
>          1.       Mount appropriate databases within the Exchange Recovery
> Mailbox Center (RMC).
>
>  2.       Using the RMC select all non-connected mailboxes using either the
> CTL or Shift Key.
>
>  3.       Right click and select Find Match. Matching wizard will launch and
> establish GUID matches for each deleted MBX for an active user account.
>
>
>
> 4.       Right click the group selection for a second time and choose the
> Reconnect option.
>
>
>
> Note: The Mailbox connection feature will reconnect each of the deleted
> mailboxes with their original user account thus updating the HOME_MDB and
> HOME_MTA attributes with the new 'dead server' name where the mailbox will
> now be homed.
>
>
>
> Part 3 - Change client Outlook profile
>
>  1.       Change the MAPI profile via network script, PROFMAN tools, or
> update DNS and WINS entries.
>
> <gaetan@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1138638765.157727.7830@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi.
> >
> > I really hope I can find someone who can help me or give me a clue on
> > how to perform this
> >
> > I'm trying to setup an environment to test Exchange replication using
> > 3rd party.
> > The scope of the test is to provide a stdby Exchange server offsite
> > without relying on backup/restore.
> >
> >
> >
> > I've setup the following environment in VMware
> >
> > W2003B (AD + DNS)
> > W2003C (E2K3+SP1. IS and logs have been relocated and stored on
> > E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA) Source
> > W2003D (Nothing installed. Hasn't joined the domain). This is a clone
> > of W2003C before Exchange was installed and before it joined the domain
> > but all prereq are ready
> >
> > Data is replicated at the block level through the network W2003C,E: -->
> > W2003D,E:.
> > MS Exchange System Attendant stopped
> > Replication stopped
> > MD5 checksum is consistent on the Src and Target servers
> >
> > Assuming W2003C is not available anymore and therefore switched off
> >
> > Here's what I've done.
> >
> > W2003D joins the domain
> > Installed E2K3 + SP1 on it. Seen in the organization as W2003D with the
> > default First Storage group and the default path for the stores
> > C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb and Priv1.edb
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Question: How do I relocate these stores to W2003D ?
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > I checked data integrity
> >
> > 1. DB stores Integrity Check Successful
> > ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
> > ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
> >
> > 2. /mh shows a clean shutdown
> > eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb
> > eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Priv1.edb
> >
> > 3. /k shows the checksum integrity successful
> > eseutil /k E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\e00.log
> >
> > 4. I can't run isinteg as W2003C (Src server) is offline now
> >
> >
> > Within VMware, I made clones and PIT snapshots so I can revert anytime
> >
> >
> > Has anyone planned a DR of this type or do you always rely on the tape
> > restores ? The aim of this task is to save considerable time by
> > switching over to the new server and have all mailboxes available to
> > the new server when the original server is down. Also, this is
> > something I have to look at for running Exchange on a GDC.
> > Unfortuantely, we don't have any Exchange Admin in our organization and
> > I went on an E2K3 admin course on which the Exchange admin didn't have
> > an answer.
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > Regards
> > Gaetan
> > Regards
> >

0
gaetan1 (4)
2/1/2006 11:34:51 AM
That should be mailbox recovery center part of ESM.

Nue
<gaetan@rocketmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1138793691.524430.136350@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Nuevo
>
> I will try this out. Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> How do I mount appropriate databases within the Exchange Recovery
> Mailbox Center (RMC) ? Where does this RMC reside ? Is this part of
> Geo-clustering ? I have the userguide and can't find anylink to it
>
> Thanks again
> Regards
> Gaetan
>
>
> Nuevo wrote:
>> Not sure if this will help. Take a look at the XOSoft Geo-clustering
>> software as it is a whole lot simpler than the following process.
>> Nue
>> Part 1 - Reset Exchange AD objects
>>
>>  1.       Open up Active Directory Users and Computer.
>>
>>  2.       Select all the mail-enabled user objects to be moved.
>>
>>  3.       Right Click the combined group selection and choose Exchange
>> Tasks.
>>
>>  4.       Complete the wizard to delete each of the mail-enabled user
>> objects mailboxes.
>>
>>  Part 2- Associate replicated mailbox stores with new Exchange Server
>>
>>          1.       Mount appropriate databases within the Exchange 
>> Recovery
>> Mailbox Center (RMC).
>>
>>  2.       Using the RMC select all non-connected mailboxes using either 
>> the
>> CTL or Shift Key.
>>
>>  3.       Right click and select Find Match. Matching wizard will launch 
>> and
>> establish GUID matches for each deleted MBX for an active user account.
>>
>>
>>
>> 4.       Right click the group selection for a second time and choose the
>> Reconnect option.
>>
>>
>>
>> Note: The Mailbox connection feature will reconnect each of the deleted
>> mailboxes with their original user account thus updating the HOME_MDB and
>> HOME_MTA attributes with the new 'dead server' name where the mailbox 
>> will
>> now be homed.
>>
>>
>>
>> Part 3 - Change client Outlook profile
>>
>>  1.       Change the MAPI profile via network script, PROFMAN tools, or
>> update DNS and WINS entries.
>>
>> <gaetan@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1138638765.157727.7830@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > I really hope I can find someone who can help me or give me a clue on
>> > how to perform this
>> >
>> > I'm trying to setup an environment to test Exchange replication using
>> > 3rd party.
>> > The scope of the test is to provide a stdby Exchange server offsite
>> > without relying on backup/restore.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > I've setup the following environment in VMware
>> >
>> > W2003B (AD + DNS)
>> > W2003C (E2K3+SP1. IS and logs have been relocated and stored on
>> > E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA) Source
>> > W2003D (Nothing installed. Hasn't joined the domain). This is a clone
>> > of W2003C before Exchange was installed and before it joined the domain
>> > but all prereq are ready
>> >
>> > Data is replicated at the block level through the network W2003C,E: -->
>> > W2003D,E:.
>> > MS Exchange System Attendant stopped
>> > Replication stopped
>> > MD5 checksum is consistent on the Src and Target servers
>> >
>> > Assuming W2003C is not available anymore and therefore switched off
>> >
>> > Here's what I've done.
>> >
>> > W2003D joins the domain
>> > Installed E2K3 + SP1 on it. Seen in the organization as W2003D with the
>> > default First Storage group and the default path for the stores
>> > C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb and Priv1.edb
>> >
>> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Question: How do I relocate these stores to W2003D ?
>> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> > I checked data integrity
>> >
>> > 1. DB stores Integrity Check Successful
>> > ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
>> > ESEUTIL /g E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb
>> >
>> > 2. /mh shows a clean shutdown
>> > eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Pub1.edb
>> > eseutil /mh E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\Priv1.edb
>> >
>> > 3. /k shows the checksum integrity successful
>> > eseutil /k E:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\e00.log
>> >
>> > 4. I can't run isinteg as W2003C (Src server) is offline now
>> >
>> >
>> > Within VMware, I made clones and PIT snapshots so I can revert anytime
>> >
>> >
>> > Has anyone planned a DR of this type or do you always rely on the tape
>> > restores ? The aim of this task is to save considerable time by
>> > switching over to the new server and have all mailboxes available to
>> > the new server when the original server is down. Also, this is
>> > something I have to look at for running Exchange on a GDC.
>> > Unfortuantely, we don't have any Exchange Admin in our organization and
>> > I went on an E2K3 admin course on which the Exchange admin didn't have
>> > an answer.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Gaetan
>> > Regards
>> >
> 


0
imaneophyte (3005)
2/1/2006 8:12:49 PM
Thanks.

I'll give it a try.

Will let you know
Cheers
Gaetan

0
gaetan1 (4)
2/3/2006 2:09:03 PM
Hi Nuevo,

Did try the procedure but unfortunately the mailboxes wouldn't
reconnect because they couldn't find the user object in the AD

After replication from W2003b to W2003c with the stores dismounted on
the target and after selecting "this database can be overwritten by a
restore" for each store
- I mounted the private store and ran the cleanup agent, the mailboxes
appeared with a red cross
- I used the mailbox recovery center but no mailboxes were in there

then I tried to reconnect the mailboxes but it couldn't find any user
in AD to reconnect to.
I just found a new trace to follow about the LegacyExchangeDN to
correct the server name. This might be worth checking out.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. The more I'm trying to sort this out, the
more I learn about E2K3. There's a lot to learn there.

0
gaetan1 (4)
2/9/2006 4:35:35 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Links/documents on how to migrate exchange 2003 to a new server
we have exchange 2003 on a domain controller!! Wwe have recently purchased a brand new server, installed windows server 2003 on it. Now we want to install exchange 2003 onto it and then remove exchange from the domain controller. Do you have any links/ documents showing step by step instructions on how to complete this. Also when i install exchange 2003 on the new server will i have to reconfigure everything again i.e SMTP connectors, smart hosts etc etc... or is there a way i can somehow migrate all the configuration settings from the domain controller to the new server? Thanks On Tu...

Redoing Exchange 2002 Server
This coming Friday I will be adding a Windows Server 2003 to my current Windows 2000 domain. Yes, the 2003 server will be the new domain controller. At this point, I feel comfortable with the addition of the server 2003. My question is more centered around my exchange server. I have Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2000, and what I want to do after moving to Active Directory 2003 is run Exchange on Server 2003 and not on Server 2000 like it is now. Currently I backup exchange with Symantec (Veritas) Backup Exec 11d. I have both the exchange agent and the open files agent. I hav...

Move Exchange Server 2003 to a different hard disk
Hi all, Our current hard disk where I have the Exchange 2003 std server installed is starting to go bad. I starting to encountered some bad sectors. I have the replacement hard disk installed and ready to go. They both identical drive. Right now, I'm having a difficulty of moving the Exchsrvr folder to the new disk. I know how to move the database over to the new disk by using the ESM but I don't know the best way to move the installation (exchsrvr) folder to the new disk. Right now the exchrvr folder is currently located on the D: drive and the new drive is called the E: dr...

What is the temporary storage of custom attribute values?
Hi I made a full migration from one CRM system to another. I have created the custom attributes through the Deployment Manager tool. Currently I have the previous StringMap table which holds all the values of built-in and custom attributes. But once I delete all values from new StringMap table and insert all previous values considering changed OrganizationId field, new attribute values doesn't populate on form, like picklist values. So I am curious that there exists a temporary place which hold values of attributes until one makes a publish. I have two argument supports the tempor...

Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Hello, I am running Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. I am attempting to restore from Netbackup a copy of one of our Exchange DBs to mount in my Recovery Storage Group. Anyone else have a similar setup that can shed some light on how to do this? My initial idea was to restore the priv.edb and priv.stm files and manually mount them in the Recovery storage group, but I have seen other posts mentioning restoring straight to the Recovery Storage Group. Documentation for Netbackup doesn't say specifically how to do this. I wouldn't mind doing this manually...

Microsoft Exchange Server
I am using Outlook 2003 for my emails from microsoft exchange server. A few days back I neede to reinstall my windows. Everything with the installation and configuration goes fine at my outlook 2003 but I am unable to get back all of my inbox and Sent items from my microsoft exchange server. I can see some of the items in my inbox and some in sent items however a lot of things are still missing. Can anyone help for this problem? Early response is highly appreciated. Thankyou all, Best Regards, Rizwan. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are all messages shown whe...

HQ client Error, HQ server shutting down
Hi there We are having a problem with the data upload (worksheet style 401). All other worksheets process correctly, but when client gets to worksheet style 401 we get the following messages after about 5-10 seconds: <<PostMessage>> Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure <<CCstatemachine:ExecuteState>> Error 3704: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed (unhandled Error, State = '9') I can also see that HQ server dissapears once I get this message. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am not aware of any significant chan...

profile storage
My computer tells me that I have exceed Profile Strorage Space and I am to delete file in my Profile Storage before logging off, how do I do that? This is not related to Word. You should ask in a Windows newsgroup, or talk to your network administrator. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ainslie" <Ainslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6895058D-14A8-4B02-B3C7-7518799C4BD5@microsoft.com... > My computer tells me that I have exceed Profile Strorage Space and I am to > delete file in my Profile Storage before logging off, how do I do t...

Storage Limit question #2
Using Exchange 2003/sp1 When a user goes over their mailbox size and cannot send emails the normal procedure is to increase their mailbox storage limit (Don't ask why) sometimes when I do this it can take several hours to unlock their mailbox to allow them to send emails. Have tried rebooting client using OWA or Outlook nothing works. This is only a occasional problem say 1 out of 5 but when it happens and someone is locked from sending for 3/4 hours it can cause problems. Have a local GC server and local Exchange in some cases others have Local GC and remote exchange over a ...

Upsize AutoNumber field to SQL Server
The Upsizing Wizard Add-In in Access 97 would automatically create an Insert Trigger when upsizing to SQL Server. But when I use the built-in Upsizing Wizard in Access XP (2002), it doesn't seem to create those triggers. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere or will I have to manually create those triggers for my upsized DB? TIA! ...

externalize an exchange server to a data center
hi, i have actually an exchange server 2000 in my office with another server(DC, DNS etc..) with windows 2000. i must externalize the exchange server to a data center. i have a VPN between this data server and my office and i search documentations or informations about externalisation of exchange (the AD problems, or replication probleme and the architectures solutions) thanks a lot for your answers. bye As long as your VPN is stable, putting Exchange in a hosted datacenter isn't that big a deal. I would perhaps strongly consider also placing an AD Global Catalog server there wi...

No clients can download updates from WSUS server
When I try the URL in a browser (http://fnbcutl2:8530/Content/51/CA4AC1BE482D12C8982F9DF5580A9EBDC317D351.cab) the server returns a 404. I've checked MIME types in IIS and .cab is in the list. I check to make sure the .cab file actually exists in the WsusContent\51 folder. I'm not sure where to go to find a solution. Do you have any suggestions? Below I've attached pertinent log information. Thanks in advance for any direction. 2010-04-15 10:52:34:412 888 14c8 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download job [UpdateId = {6275596C-6E83-4558-81D4-20457A6340D5}.101] ...

server 2003 64bit will not let me "run" any programs.
i can log in over terminal services, and use the machine, its file shares are still up and running, print server is still working, but i keep getting this error when i try and run any of my usual programs on the machine (internet explorer, firefox, etc), what was strange with, that i install IMAPI on the machine so i could use the windows 7 usb install tool on the machine, and after the reboot, it went nuts, wont allow me to run any program or i get the following error messages: --------------------------- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe --------------------------...

Relocate Bad Mail Directory
My BadMail directory is causing me to get a message that my C:\ size is getting lesser everyday and I found out that it's due to the Bad Mail directory. Right now it's about 1.2 GB in size. Is it possible to relocate this to another bigger volume? If yes, what are the precautions, like permissions to the new volume/folder? Can I delete files in the directory before moving? Do I have to stopped any services or dismount any stores. Please help. Thanks. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO First I would ensure you are not open for Relay, this could be the cause for your BadMail folder growing so...

Exchange Server Public Calendar & iPhone
We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Thanks for any help! "Elizabeth Reynolds" <ElizabethReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9997D826-9CAD-4A07-91C5-18889EC1FF46@microsoft.com... > We have an exchange server at work. I can view my personal calendars on my > iPhone. Is there anyway to view the public calendar on my iPhone also? Ask the question in an iPhone forum. This one deals with neither Exchange nor iPhones, on...

External Error
When I try to run CRM under domain administrator account i get this error: "External Error - No Such Object on Server - The selected object could not be found." But administrator account exists both in Active Directory and mscrm database - what could cause this problem? Everything worked fine, but after I had to restart the CRM server, it started to give me this error instead of CRM interface. mac And could you log in using another account ? Perhaps all the CRM Services aren't configurated to an automatic launch. "mac" wrote: > When I try to run CRM under d...

Exch2003 How to use "smarthost" and have multiple servers ?
Ok i'm having a conceptual problem that I'm sure i'm overlooking a simple solution. Basically I want my exchange server to send all outbound mail to my MailMarshal server, I can do this by specifying it in the SMTP Smarthost field. The problem is that by doing this, internal mail no longer routes between my 2 exchange servers. DOH ! There has to be a way to use smarthost and have multiple internal servers yes ? You want to use an SMTP connector.....see http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Configuring-SMTP-Connector.html <trichert@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

Virtual Server to real machine?
Hi Is it possible to install and configure a virtual server...back it up to file using NTBACKUP and then restore to a real live machine? TIA KIWI Oops...clearly the wrong group...no need to reply. "KIWI" <john_hastie@nospanhotmail.com> wrote in message news:uTvmeaUFGHA.3892@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible to install and configure a virtual server...back it up to > file using NTBACKUP and then restore to a real live machine? > > TIA > KIWI > > > ...

Relocation
I need to transfer Personal Folders and current Inbox emails, calendar and contacts from MS Outlook XP. The emails and folders will go to MS Outlook express but Calenadar and contacts should go in Lotus Notes. Any ideas of how to do this? Many Thanks, Marios Koumides ...

SBS Exchange
Hi all, I am having the same issue with all my SBS Exchange servers. Whenever the server reboots (whether deliberately or power failure) I have to manually go in and restart the Exchange services. Last night it was a Small Business Server Service Pack 1. Also running Symantec antivirus and Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange. Thanks, laura On 19 Jan 2007 06:28:52 -0800, leia0804@earthlink.net wrote: >Hi all, > >I am having the same issue with all my SBS Exchange servers. Whenever >the server reboots (whether deliberately or power failure) I have to >manually g...

How to handle abnormal user disconnection condition from server?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I developed a simple network application to send message inter-clients and the number of clients also only a few persons ( about less than 10 persons ). I have succeeded in establishing server-client and client-server connection, sending and receiving messages from client. Now my problem are: 1. I need to send a message from a client to other client. How to know that the message I sent will be received by the correct user intended, not missed to other user? 2. How to handle the condition of unexpected user disconnection from server? E.g. : the user worksta...

Exchange 2003 Member server disjoined from the Domain
Hi If Exchange 2003 server has got disjoined from the Domin. What detail procedures i have to follow to re authenticate the Exchange 2003 member server to Domain Please guide me. This hasn't been my experience. I've had plenty of Exchange servers removed from the domain and re-joined in our dev lab. They seem to act just fine. No reinstall of Exchange has been necessary for me. Remember - you aren't removing any of the Exchange information from AD if you disjoin the server from the domain. All the Exchange information remains intact. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Mess...

Storage Folders Disappear? some times?
when i like to move some messages to storage folders, i did not see some folders that i have created earlier. some times these folders appear and some times disappear, it looks that WLM is affected with some virus? anybody please suggest a solution. Are you "expanding" all of the little arrows to the left of the folder names when you search the storage folders? Do you have View - Layout - folder pane - "Show Storage folders" enabled? "ji" <ji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14D2AEE5-0AEF-4C80-8798-BF493D454773@microsoft...

Move the Directory Replication Connector over to Exchange 2000
Hi there I am removing the last Exchange 5.5 from an Exchange Site and I am unsure how to move the site connector and directory replication connector from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. I have moved all the mailboxes and rehomed the Public Folders. Can anyone help here or point to a URL. Kevin "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am removing the last Exchange 5.5 from an Exchange Site and I am unsure >how to move the site connector and directory replication connector from >Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. Site Connectors become "Routing G...

About storage
Should put all mailbox strage into one stroage group, or separate into several strage groups, which is optimal? On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:38:50 +0800, "lv ming tong" <lmt@taeco.com.diss> wrote: >Should put all mailbox strage into one stroage group, >or separate into several strage groups, >which is optimal? > The optimal is to fill up all the stores in a single storage group before embarking on a 2nd storage group. great! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> ???? news:avgpu05ne42mu4svlgg6cgnm2t23n9472v@4ax.com... > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:38:50...