Relaying denied, IP Name possibly forged

We have 2 exchange servers, site A and B, all external mail from site B goes
through site A, some users in site B are receiving this message, if the user
re-sends the original message to the same address a second time it goes
through, does anyone know why or what this message means?

johnv@eldoradomg.net on 11/15/2004 4:53 PM
assistance, contact your system administrator.

            <ExchNY.nypdc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1
<johnv@eldoradomg.net>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged
[209.73.208.163]>

--
Thanks
0

Check out these 2 links...it should get you started on the right path:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/tips/Trblsht_Tip01.asp

"Fox" <Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have 2 exchange servers, site A and B, all external mail from site B
goes
> through site A, some users in site B are receiving this message, if the
user
> re-sends the original message to the same address a second time it goes
> through, does anyone know why or what this message means?
>
> johnv@eldoradomg.net on 11/15/2004 4:53 PM
> assistance, contact your system administrator.
>
>             <ExchNY.nypdc.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1
> <johnv@eldoradomg.net>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged
> [209.73.208.163]>
>
> --
> Thanks

0
BobChristian (293)

How to bypass Smart host relay in EX2K3 when delivering SMS to a mobile device.
Hello. How can I configure Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to deliver SMS directly to the mobile carrier instead of relaying to the configured smart relay host? Thanks in advance. I want to enable AUTD for Mobile Devices in EX2K3. Legal disclaimer? Well, that's provided by a specific package rather than Exchange (unless you've done an event sink in years past) So, you need to have a go at working out what that package is and how it's configured. On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:44:50 -0500, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello. > >How can I configure Excha...

Cannot copy (file name). Access Denied
I am trying to copy folders and files from my users local computer to the file server and I am getting the following error message when I try to copy: Erroor copying file or folder --top bar of the box Cannot copy (file name): Access is Denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protect and that the file is not currently in use. 1) the server is not full there is over 500 GB available. 2) it is not write protect since we save files to that server all the time. 3) the file is not currently in use. the only things that are open are 2 Explorer windows, local computer expl...

Unwanted Mail Relaying/ IP Spoofing
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on an NT4sp6a box. Routinely I have several queued messages that have "<>" as the originator that I delete every day. On the routing tab I do have "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" selected and all three valid domain names entered as "inbound". Also under routing restrictions I entered in the range of valid IP's that is allowed to relay. Also, from notifications sent to me from my ISP stating email virus-like activity originating from my firewall and after taking measures such as anti-virus scans and implem...

address being appended to contact's name
If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to it. When I create or forward email, the email address is appended to the name of the contacts in the "To:" line. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks, Jim B. Vista's Windows Mail? microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail "Jim Birke@yahoo.com>" <jimbir<nottthis> wrote in message news:#RKwAWMuKHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > If this is not the proper newsgroup for windows mail, please direct me to > it. > > When I create or forward email, the email...

SMTP relay
Hi. There is a small network (10 computers). Everyone uses Outlook Express and want to keep it that way. I need to find out some way to get input and output archive of all incoming/outgoing messages. I configured a Outlook Express input filter to forward every incoming message to the in-archive@nomatterwhere mailbox. I cant get a simple way to to the same to outgoing mail. I suppose I could install in one of the computers a SMTP relay. Then I could configure all Outlook Express clients to deliver mail to that machine (fixed internal IP or whatever). Then I could configure SMTP relay to ...

Open Relay #8
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help? i have disabled relaying in exchaneg and run a test on abuse.net with the results below (i have replaced our mail servers ip address with 000.000.000.000, our server name with SERVER-NAME-REMOVED and our domain name with OURDOMAIN.net) does anyone have any ideas on why the server is still relaying? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want any spammers using our server to relay. Many thanks Dan. Mail relay testing Connecting to 000.000.000.000 for anonymous test ... <<< 220 SERVER-NAME-REMOVED Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Versi...

Outgoing mail to show display name and not email address.
When users send mail, the recipents see the email address and not the display name. Is there a change I can make to show the users display name in the From field rather than the email address? We are using exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode. Regards, Dave On the properties of your IMS, go to the Internet Mail tab, and click the Advanced Options button and you'll see an option to enable or disable the sending of Display Names to the Internet. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "David Uns...

Relay??
I am using exchange 2003. About 1 or 2 e-mails a day come back to my server as being rejected from the other e-mail servers specifying they do not relay for us. About 2-300 e-mails come out of our sever daily. Is this a problem on their end or mine? Our server is using the serverobjects SMTPQMail to send out e-mails. Here is one of the messages: Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com on 6/29/2004 8:06 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <petpages.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com>... we do not r...

"File access denied" to PST file
I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running Outlook 2003. When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file mailbox.pst" I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install. How do I open my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA How did you try opening it? is this a local .pst file? If it is not on your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Series including text possible?
Is there a better way to create a "series" that is based on characters as well as digits than what I'm doing below? I created 3 columns. I put the text in one, the digits in the second that I could apply the series to, with the 3rd column holding a ":". But when I paste into the text file, I have tabs separating the 3 columsn where I was hoping for no space. So this here - NAQAHDAH 01 : NAQAHDAH 02 : NAQAHDAH 03 : should paste like this - NAQAHD6H01: NAQAHDAH02: NAQAHDAH03: NAQAHDAH04: NAQAHDAH05: NAQAHDAH06: NAQAHDAH07: NAQAHDAH08: NAQAHDAH09 Is there perhaps a w...

Postmaster@IP Exchange 5.5
Hi How can I set this Address in Exchange 5.5? postmaster@[212.71.106.117] Thanks, Rick On the routing tab add a new domain of [212.71.106.117] and rather than inbound, set it as Route to this domain, selecting your actual domain. Restart the IMS, and any email send to user@[212.71.106.117] will be delivered to user@yourdomain.com. Postmaster email should automatically be accepted by whichever account is set as the IMS Admin Mailbox. -- hth, SusanV "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB609F6A-6575-4EDD-94E9-E2E62707DB6E@microsoft.com... >...

excel duplicate range name warning
When copying worksheets in excel it is possible to duplicate range name causing local (worksheet specific) range names. Sometimes Excel warn you when this is going to happen, sometimes the warning does no appear. Could anyone tell me the rules as to wether the warning i given or no -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think you get the warning when there are formulae on the sheet you are copying referring to range names that could refer to either the new or the old workbook. "Key_masteruk >" wrote: > When copying worksheets in excel it is possible to duplica...

Stopping outlook matching name of recipient?
Hi, Is there any way of stopping Outlook from trying to match the name o the sender I wish to send an email to, as I'm typing in the name?? Cheer ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com which version of outlook ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Outlook 200 ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted f...

Merging multiple personal data files possible ?
When I viewed a friends outlook data file location list (in Outlook XP/2002 (Not: Outlook Express)) I was rather surprised: There were up to 10 different *.pst files listed. We decided to remove some of them resp. to merge them into one (or at most two of them). I am not sure about the dependencies of these multiple *.pst files. If there are more than one *.pst file in this list: Does that means that e.g. an eMail "xxxxxx" is stored in only ONE of them or is a copy if this eMail stored in each of them? Is there a way of merging all these *.pst files into one of them ? Autoarchiv...

RELAY
just want to inquire about smtp relaying. we dont have any mail server we are just acquiring it from a company that host email and web. any way my question is about this relay. Each email has a limit of 250relays per day. When this is reached we can't send out any email. How does this relay works. Any information about this would be a great help. Thanks Allan Hi Allan You'd be better off posting this to one of the Exchange groups - see http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/default.mspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Allan M. Grafil" wrote: ...

Access denied error
We have a series of Word 2003 templates. These templates sit on a network folder with security permissions of Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. Not Modify. A user can open these templates, make a change and save the changes using Word 2003. The same user using an Office 2007 installation receives an error message of "Access denied. Contact your administrator". Does anyone know why? ...

PWA Access site access denied inside sharepoint
When we are trying to access to PWA site, We have got the generic message "An unexpected error has occured" I've conttrolled event logs. I have got the error below. Web application pool account (sp_portalapppool) has access to Office Server Web services application and SSP,PSI directories. What else can I look up ? Event code: 4007 Event message: URL authorization failed for the request. Event time: 01.01.2010 16:05:42 Event time (UTC): 01.01.2010 14:05:42 Event ID: 123fa184e4314464a0d1f66ce6a30b23 Event sequence: 2 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Applicat...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

Intermittent 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
Running Exchange 2000 SP3. We have a simple domain, one mail server. We're intermittently experiencing the 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@ourdomain.com rejection message sent from our exchange server when sending to various domains. When we receive this message, we just resend the message 5 minutes later and it goes through ok. Reverse DNS is fine, 90% of the time email delivery is fine. Anything I can check? ...

How to find the number of rows in a named range?
Dear all, I have a named range called "rng" in a worksheet. How can I write a function to count the number of rows in "rng"? It seems that "rng".rows.count does not work. Best Regards, Andy msgbox worksheets("sheet99").range("rng").rows.count if that range is a single area. Andy Chan wrote: > > Dear all, > > I have a named range called "rng" in a worksheet. How can I write a > function to count the number of rows in "rng"? It seems that > "rng".rows.count does not work. > &...

Open Relay #12
Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and authinticate check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in one of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay Thank You Can we see their diagnostics? D whitten wrote: > Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes > about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. > i have in my smtp acesss...

Excel Spreadsheet from Access. List of names changes as names are
I have a Excel sheet from Access. List of names and other info. Then I use MS Attendance Sheet and pick up names from the other Excel sheet. Problem. When a name is added in Access and the sheet is outputted to Excel it comes into the Attendance sheet, adding a row for the name but not the whole row so that the attendance info from the row below becomes info for the new name. How do I get Excel to add the whole row automatically? I'm using MS template "Weekly Class attendance Record" "Gordy w/Hi Expectations" wrote: > I have a Excel sheet from Access. List of n...

Seeing Text File Names when Saving Excel Files
I am new to Excel 2007. I am saving a new Excel file and I want to give it a similar name to an existing text file so that I know by the filename that the two files are related to the same project. However, when I "Save As" the Excel file in the selected directory, the only other files I see in that directory are the other Excel files. I don't see any of the other files that I know are in there (word, powerpoint, pdf, etc.). In prior versions of Excel, I have been able to see all of the files in a destination directory....is that still possible with the 2007 version of ...

Naming Worksheet
I am wanting to automatically name a range of worksheets based on the values contained in a range of cells located in another worksheet in the same workbook. Can this be done and how would I go about it -- Denis Denis, Try something like the following. It will change the name of the first sheet in the workbook to the value in A1 of Sheet3. Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) If Sh.Name = "Sheet3" And Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Worksheets(1).Name = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("A1").Text En...

Relay Servers?