Relay question #3

Hi,

I have exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003.  It works fine.
However, I have a customer that regularly visits the office and tries to
access his emails from my network.  His email is separate from my exchange
box.  When he tries to send emails, he gets the following error:

501 This system is not configured to relay mail from 'his email address' to
'xyz@yahoo.com'

What do I have to do?

Thanks
0
Gavin1 (56)

Filtering problem #3
I have run into filtering problem I could use some help with. (using Excel 2003) I have 3 columns of data with about 40,000 rows. Based on a condition of one cell in the rows, a value of Yes or No is set in another column. (there are about 1300 No values). when I filter on No, I get those 1300 but I also get Yes rows. At first I was afraid I hit a row ceiling but I have other files with more columns and rows of data that filter more than 1300 rows just fine. I have never experienced this problem with filters. I have exausted my sources for research and really could use some help. Than...

dynamic charting #3
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI #3
Can anyone think of any reason why I can get this to work on for a menu item under one of the main menu items, but not on a popup (context) menu? I'm using the same code and ID etc. OnBlah() and OnUpdateBlah() both get called. But pCmdUI->SetCheck(m_channelActive ? 1 : 0); for the main menu calls a function that checks and unchecks the menu item, but for the popup menu it calls: void CTestCmdUI::SetCheck(int) { // do nothing -- just want to know about calls to Enable } "Bill Brehm >" <<don't want any spam> wrote in message news:O2JBSZinFHA.708...

newbie XML QUestion
I made a simple XML doc to hold backup file sets i.e. like this repeated per "record" path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive path to backup, inclusion specs, exclusion specs, and if it is recursive 1.) What if I also want to have some information in the XML file only once--say at the top--some special settings related to the whole backup? How do I do this? 2.) I am just saving this doc by WriteXML of ...

newbie question
Hi all, i am reading in an xml stream and validating it against a given schema. the objective is to "mark" "invalid" nodes (according to the xsd type defined, or some rules) with an attribute, and then pass this modified stream to another process in the pipeline. as an example, <bk:book publisher="Addison Wesley"> <bk:title>Mythical Man Month</bk:title> <bk:author>Frederick Brooks</bk:author> <bk:quantity>AAAA</bk:quantity> </bk:book> should become: <bk:book publisher="Addison Wesley" vali...

Edit box banner text question
I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how to implement it myself. My question is, is there a way to make it stay visible when the edit box has focus (as long as the edit box is empty) the way it does in Vista's login screen? I'd like to be able to do this in any OS from XP (SP2) and newer. Having the banner text remain visible when the edit box has focus would be extremely handy for dialogues and property sheet pages that open with the focus on an empty edit box. >I've seen banner text used in edit boxes and have recently discovered how...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...

Service Pack 3 updating from Publisher 2002 disc
When installing SP3 it would not read from my Publlisher 2002 disc. How do I correct this to comlpete the installation? There are known issues installing the service pack. This article lists them. Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832671 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruce37" <Bruce37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCEDB57B-2E76-437B-95EF-D91AE884D023@microsoft.com... > When installing SP3 it would not read fro...

Microsoft CRM 3.0
I'm surprised to be the first to comment on the outstanding application we saw demoed at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference this week. In a word, "Wow"... To all of you who have been hanging in there with what I'm sure MS would agree was a less than fully functional 1.x product, you are about to be rewarded... There are so many fantastic new features that I can't possibly cover them all here. Suffice to say, I believe that at least 90% of the shortcomings in the 1.2 product have been addressed, and some terrific new functionality has been added as well. Some...

Contact synchronization between OL and CRM 3.0
Hi, can someone please provide or point me to a list of the fieldnames (and their respective counterpart) which are sync'ed between OL and CRM 3.0 if you click the "Track in CRM" button? Thanks, Markus Ruppel ...

Using MS Access to ODBC 3.0 Filtered views
I seem to be getting an issue seeing the records in FilteredActivityParty table through a linked table in MSAccess. The view is correctly returing 5 records for one Appointment record but they are all the same Filterrecord. When I do the same query in MS Query I get 5 records returned and they are all different. Can anyone can shed any light on this? ...

Appointment synchronizing (synching) with Outlook in CRM 3.0
I am trying to figure out when appointments created in CRM should synch to a user's calendar? Should they show up immediately or when the synch interval fires (i.e. every 15 minutes by default). I have seen it act immediately but now am having a user not see it show up even after the user synchs manually. If a user creates an appointment for someone else and can view her shared calendar but the user for whom the appointment is being set doesn't have outlook running should the original user who is looking at the shared calendar see the appointment immediately. (i.e. Kim sets an...

autofilter question, quickie
Does anyone know how to do the following: say i'm making this filter... Name Blah Blah Blah <------filters <------blank line <------blank line tom y sue y tim n ...how do i make it so that when i click and filter, the results won' move up to where the blank lines are? for example, this is what ends up happening: Name Blah Blah Blah tom y sue y ...but what I want this to happen: Name Blah Blah Blah <---blan lines stay <---blank lines stay tom y sue y thanks in advance for all your help -- Me...

Basic question: Grids or no grids
How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all I suppose you mean gridlines ? Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" under Window options > OK -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "rs" <r_schiller@SPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message news:ldedneU5D-IhaVjenZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@comcast.com... > How do you turn the cell borders off or on? That is, so you can have each > cell with a light border or no borders? thanks to all > ...

Sorting more than 3 columns of Numeric data.
I have a spreadsheet with six (6) columns of numeric data and would like to sort if ascending in each row. So the end result would be the lowest numbers in each row at the top of the spreadsheet. Is this possible? Thanks! -- JMax ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JMax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6305 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494208 This is an exert from the help on sorting lists with more than 3 columns. Basically, you need to sort the list twice. If y...

Protection causes unwanted cursor movement #3
Yes, that rather was the whole point of my post. Debra Dalgleish Wrote: > When you protected the worksheet, did you allow users to selec > unlocked > cell, but not locked cells? > > Dave Peterson wrote: > > Ok. What am I doing differently? > > > > I selected a range of cells: > > E4:k8 > > I unlocked those cells > > I changed the MSAE to right > > I protected the worksheet > > I changed the MSAE to off. > > > > xl didn't move right when I entered a value into one of those cells. > > > > (xl2002 sp2)...

2 questions #2
Instead of putting the news button on the go menu, can I create a custom button directly on the toolbar for OE? Also, in the "folder list" view, is there a way to get rid of the window with "folder sizes" and "data file management" in it? Thanks!~ perhaps a shortcut? "%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:Tolec.14325$wP1.33453@attbi_s54... > Instead of putting the news button on the go menu, can I create a custom > button directly on the toolbar for ...

Calendar Control 8.0 question
Is it possible to restrict the date ranges of the Calendar Control 8.0?? I only want the year 2009 to be selected from the drop down box. Thank you! You can't change what is in the drop-down for years, but you can limit the year to 2009 on the calendar even if they select another year from the drop-down. Put the following code in the Worksheet code module that your calendar is on. Private Sub Calendar1_NewYear() Calendar1.Year = 2009 End Sub Mike F "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:loDNm.45264$de6.38509@newsfe21.iad....

Pub 2k3 Business Card Question
Ok Gang, I have really beat myself up over this one and am hoping someone can help me out. What I'm trying to do: Print glossy business cards in pub2k3. What I'm using: Canon i450 & pub 2k3. What I'm trying to print onto: Avery cards '38373' - 8 cards per sheet (2 rows of 4) What my great big brain is having problems with: I can't seem to find anywhere to select the proper type of cards. Even when I go and look at the margin settings it seems to be set at 5X2 with no way of changing it to 4X2. I made a sample card (one) in the centre of the sheet. No problems ...

CString #3
Does CString has a max number of characters? Henry wrote: > Does CString has a max number of characters? > > No. The only limit is if it can get the required memory from the heap. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] This structrue is from afx.h struct CStringData { long nRefs; // reference count int nDataLength; // length of data (including terminator) int nAllocLength; // length of allocation // TCHAR data[nAllocLength] TCHAR* data() // TCHAR* to managed data { return (TCHAR*)(this+1); } }; ...

Error When deleting from CRM 3.0
All of a sudden I cannot delete any data from CRM 3.0. I recieve an error that states "SQL Server Error Happened. Please contact an administrator" I cannot find any information in the Event viewer. Has anyone seen this problem or know of a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lee I have equal problem. already does someone have a solution for it? Thanks... "Lee" schrieb: > All of a sudden I cannot delete any data from CRM 3.0. I recieve an error > that states "SQL Server Error Happened. Please contact an administrator" I > c...

Outlook 2003 upgrade questions; "Grouping" view and OST file ...
Just upgraded Office from 2002 (XP) to 2003; a couple of questions arise: 1) Outlook icon is no longer on the desktop?? this wasn't just a shortcut; used to be able to use it to set profile options; have to do this from control panel now? 2) Every folder in Outlook (including public Exchange folders) is sorted by "Sent date", as intended, but now they are also "Group by" (View-Arrange by-Show in Groups). I hate this, and I can turn it off one folder at a time, but I have > 200 public folders!! How can I turn this foolishness off for all folders in one swoop? 3...

findall question
I have 2 classes (one an generic list of the 1st class) ******************************************************** namespace rez { public class JobBucket { public string Job { get; set; } public int Bucket { get; set; } public JobBucket() { Job = ""; Bucket = 0; } public JobBucket(string job, int bucket) { this.Job = job; this.Bucket = bucket; } public override string ToString() { return Job + " / " + Buc...

Time Problem #3
I've got an excel spreadsheet that tracks attendance (time in/out). We work 8 or 10 hour days depending on the shift. We are required to be as close to 0 hrs over/under at the end of each month however we sometimes carry a balance of x amount of minutes. My goal is to create a cell that you can input your time over/under into which represents any overage/underage from the previous month. This cell will then add into the cumulative +/- total for the current month so that you know when to clock out for the day. My Cumulative +/- cell has this formula =SUM($F$16:F$46+D8) Where column ...

Combo Box if... then... else question
Hello, I would like to change a cell source base once a selection made from a combo box. After making a selection from the combo box the code should do something like: If MyComboBox = “test1” then B1 = Sheet2!A1 Else B1 has no data source (null) End if What’s the easiest way to accomplish my goal in Excel 2007? PS. B1 is the cell in my fist Sheet. Thank you, Silvio Assuming you named your Combobox MyComboBox this should work for you. Put this code into the ComboBox_Change Event. This will fire each time someone changes the combobox value. Hope this hel...