Relay Problem #3

My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay.  I went
in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none
of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it.  What
should I do?
0
anonymous (74723)

One of my clients running Exchange 5.5 was running a Open Relay.  You can tell this by opening up and telneting into port 25 and seeing if you can send mail through that port.  If you get a blocked message you are not running an open relay, if you can relay a message through your exchange server then I followed a webpage on microsoft on securing exchange 5.5.  I remember that it had to do with locking down who you allow instead of anonymous access.  I recommend checking to see if you are running an open relay first before attempting to lock it down, otherwise if noone comes up with an answer there is information on microsoft.com to help you with this and I will try to find it again if I can

Hope this helps

Wil

     ----- Jason wrote: ----

     My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay.  I went
     in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none
     of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it.  What
     should I do

0
anonymous (74723)
4/23/2004 7:36:04 PM
Undo what you changed, and see
http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7696

Jason wrote:
> My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay.  I went
> in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none
> of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it.  What
> should I do?

0
lanwench (7567)

POP 3 Connector exchange 2003
We are having issues with our exchange 2003 pop connector. We frequently lose mails that have been downloaded. The pop box will have emails in it and when they are downloaded some may disappear. This does not happen to all emails Any pointers anyone??? On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:43:53 -0700, "Dominic Applegate" <Dominic Applegate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are having issues with our exchange 2003 pop connector. We frequently lose >mails that have been downloaded. > >The pop box will have emails in it and when they are downloaded some may >disappe...

Problem in a creating new report
Hi everyone, I have CRM 3.0 with SQL server 2000. Now I installed SQL server 2005 and VS.Net 2005 in another PC for desining CRM reports, this is Ok but when I want to add new Report in MS CRM the following error was appeared: "An error occured while trying to add the report to microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator." Is compatible VS.net and SQL 2005 reports with SQL 2000 report services? If YES what is my problem? (My CRM user is CRM Administrator) -- Mohsen Ahmadi SQL reporting service (SRS) 2000 does not r...

How to bypass Smart host relay in EX2K3 when delivering SMS to a mobile device.
Hello. How can I configure Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to deliver SMS directly to the mobile carrier instead of relaying to the configured smart relay host? Thanks in advance. I want to enable AUTD for Mobile Devices in EX2K3. Legal disclaimer? Well, that's provided by a specific package rather than Exchange (unless you've done an event sink in years past) So, you need to have a go at working out what that package is and how it's configured. On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:44:50 -0500, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello. > >How can I configure Excha...

save problem
I have a workbook shared on a network in which my clients enter information into. Atleast once a day, when a user goes to 'save' it kicks them out of excel and displays the windows desktop. It is completely random and could happen to any of the users at any time. When they go back into the workbook, they find they have lost all of their data. This becomes quite annoying when large amounts of information have been entered! Is there any reason behind this phenomena? Regards. camron Hi reason is probably this 'stable' feature of shared workbooks. If you scan these NGs...

problems with second account
I can make an second email account in het administator and I can sent form the second one to the first and I can see my mail But when I sent an email to the second account I can't see him in my inbox Can anyone help me with this problem Go to the webmail access for your second account (using a browser such as Internet Explorer), and verify whether that test message is=20 sitting there. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "tfenomeen" <tfenomeen@skynet.be> wrote in message = news:OcpZOwc8KHA...

Unwanted Mail Relaying/ IP Spoofing
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on an NT4sp6a box. Routinely I have several queued messages that have "<>" as the originator that I delete every day. On the routing tab I do have "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" selected and all three valid domain names entered as "inbound". Also under routing restrictions I entered in the range of valid IP's that is allowed to relay. Also, from notifications sent to me from my ISP stating email virus-like activity originating from my firewall and after taking measures such as anti-virus scans and implem...

scroll bar problem
When I left click and drag the horizontal or vertical scroll bars in Excel , nothing scrolls. All I get is a pop-up box that indicates a row or column # (and then movement after releasing the left mouse button). Scroll works fine on web pages. Any ideas? That's the normal Excel scrollbar dragging behavior up thorough Excel 2000. Starting with Excel 2002 the scrolling was real time. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

SMTP relay
Hi. There is a small network (10 computers). Everyone uses Outlook Express and want to keep it that way. I need to find out some way to get input and output archive of all incoming/outgoing messages. I configured a Outlook Express input filter to forward every incoming message to the in-archive@nomatterwhere mailbox. I cant get a simple way to to the same to outgoing mail. I suppose I could install in one of the computers a SMTP relay. Then I could configure all Outlook Express clients to deliver mail to that machine (fixed internal IP or whatever). Then I could configure SMTP relay to ...

Derivation problem
I'm trying to derive a class from CArchive to handle a special type. This type is handled fine (i.e., it is written to and read from disk correctly), but I can't also archive the standard types (e.g., int, double, BYTE). Here's an example of how I am using my class: class CArchiveEx : public CArchive { public: ... CArchiveEx& operator<<(MySpecialType mst); CArchiveEx& operator>>(MySpecialType& mst); }; MySpecialType mst; int i; double d; CFile file(...); CArchiveEx ar(&file, ...); ar << mst; ar << i; // I get a compiler error o...

"save "problem in excel
Hi expert , i got the following problems on excel : 1. it can't show "read only" when other people want to open my excelsheet at the same time. and it cause "sharing violent" when they want to save the sheet that I am currently open. so , how to fix it ? 2. when some user open the excelsheet and want to save/save as something , excel displayed "save not complete" ... (some kind of not allow to save) why this situation happened ? and how to fix it ? Thank you so much for your help indeed ...

Layaway problem in RMS
I have just upgraded QS2000 to RMS. I am able to bring up the list of layaways in progress and see payments, balance due etc. but when I go to apply a payment on an 'old layaway' that was created in QS2000, it will only allow me to make a payment on a single item in a layaway of multiple items. For example, I choose the customer acct, then recall a layaway. This brings a list of multiple items in a single layaway, each with its own line and layaway number. I am unable to select multiple lines to process payment as a single layaway. Any thoughts on how to fix this? This is th...

Problems with cell references
I have just updated to EXCEL 2003 and i have a large EXCEL2000 file. It has loaded ok, but, everytime I copy the cell reference changes (from ABCD for Columns and 1234 for rows, to R1C1 format i.e 1234 for both columns and rows) This changes all my formulas !!! I then have to go into options and unselect the R1C1 tick box. This chages it all back to ABCD etc Question is how do I keep normal references permantently I have tried selecting all sheets going to options and unselecting the tick box, then saving. This doesntseems to work ! Any suggestions Yours in frustration Paul Hi Pau...

Open Relay #8
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help? i have disabled relaying in exchaneg and run a test on abuse.net with the results below (i have replaced our mail servers ip address with 000.000.000.000, our server name with SERVER-NAME-REMOVED and our domain name with OURDOMAIN.net) does anyone have any ideas on why the server is still relaying? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want any spammers using our server to relay. Many thanks Dan. Mail relay testing Connecting to 000.000.000.000 for anonymous test ... <<< 220 SERVER-NAME-REMOVED Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Versi...

more than 3 conditional formats #3
I'm trying to produce a spreadsheet whereby a date is entered when an activity should be completed by. I want it to produce the following outcomes: 1) when activity is selected and cell is orange and shows date to be completed by 2) when completed before due date, date is entered and cell turns green 3) when due date has passed cell turns red I can't seem to fit all this into conditional formatting and don't know how to carry all this out using IF. Help!! ...

Combo Box problem 05-07-07
I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a value the form reverts to the first record it doesn't stay with the current record. I have a NotinList procedure that opens another form to enable the user to add to the list of values in the combo control and when I close this second form the new value is recorded but again the form goes to the first record and doesn't stay with the current one. Anyone any ideas where I can start looking for the reason why this happens? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: > I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a val...

OutLook express unexpected problem
Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlook...

Opening attachments
Windows Live Mail: Attached a Word Document to an Email, sent it off. Then tried to check the Email from Sent folder - tried to open the Word Document but unable to do so - message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action...". I have Word on this PC. Tried again saving as PDF, same result. Tried sending attachemnts from one Email address to another with same result - unable to open attachments despite presence of appropriate programs on this PC. This did not happen previously using Outlook Express. What do I do to have these at...

Microsoft Outlook PST Problems Help
Good Day Folks, I am having a rather huge problem with my Outlook PST File. Everytime I pull mail I get an error code 0x80040119 which relates back to the corrupted Outlook file. Microsoft site only recommends that I run the Inbox repair tool which I already ran and it hasn't detected any errors. The problem is everytime I try to pull e-mail I get an error saying no. of messages couldn't be retrieved from server. This usually hapens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. Now... how can I reslove this? I tried Compacting my PST File, copy...

Site Problems . . .
Is there a problem with the site at the moment as the posts that I see are all dated Jan 9th and before (not after)? Thanks in advance for any replies. "trip_to_tokyo" <info@pierrefondes.com> wrote: > Is there a problem with the site at the moment as the posts that > I see are all dated Jan 9th and before (not after)? Well, I would tell you to read my posting titled "FYI: MSDG not displaying posts;...". But since it appears that you posted your query using the MSDG web interface, it is not likely that you will see your posting, much less m...

print problem
I have 2002 publisher. when I print a document 1 inch on the left side does not print. excample, If I do a 8.5x11 photo and stay in the arrange guides 1 inch on left does not print. I design the photo its in the arranged guides when I press preveiw 1 inch on the left is cut short and thats the way the picture prints 1 inch short. Is there a additional setting I should do to get the full page 8.5 x11 to print. I have a job that must get to the printer by Monday. HELP! Thank You Rick Partridge Rick Partridge wrote: > I have 2002 publisher. > when I print a document 1 inch on the left...

problem running application
I am running a Terminal Server on Windows 2008 r2 but cant get to run this application called Urdu Inpage, it seems everytime i try to run it it gives out Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: inpage24.exe Application Version: 1.0.0.1 Application Timestamp: 384c9e12 Fault Module Name: inpage24.exe Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1 Fault Module Timestamp: 384c9e12 Exception Offset: 0025e786 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 00000008 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.16.7 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Addition...

problem with inventory items with lot numbers
Hello everybody, We have finished goods setup in Great Plains with track on lot numbers. That gives us the possibility to trace each lot and the system not allowed us to go to negatives. But we had a bad experience: if you pick an inventory item “ABC” that have 100 units available under lot number “123” and you want to make a negative variance of 10 units for this lot, after you fill the fields in “Item Transaction Entry” window, it is open “Item Lot Number Entry” window where you need to enter the lot information. Here you can pick the lot & type the quantity (middle of the screen...

Relay??
I am using exchange 2003. About 1 or 2 e-mails a day come back to my server as being rejected from the other e-mail servers specifying they do not relay for us. About 2-300 e-mails come out of our sever daily. Is this a problem on their end or mine? Our server is using the serverobjects SMTPQMail to send out e-mails. Here is one of the messages: Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com on 6/29/2004 8:06 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <petpages.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com>... we do not r...

time_t problem
Hi, I having a problem to convert time_t to DateTime in .Net. Eg. In C++, I used the following method: time_t a 1149719862L; CTime timeTemp = a; timeTemp.Format(_T("%Y-%m-%d %I:%M:%S %p")) Result: 2006-06-07 03:37:42 PM In .Net, long time_t = 1149719862L; long win32FileTime = 10000000*time_t + 116444736000000000; DateTime dt = DateTime.FromFileTime(win32FileTime); String.Format("{0:dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt}", dt); Result: 08/06/2006 06:37:42 AM May I know why the above convertion is wrong? Please guide me on how to convert time_t to DateTime. Thank you in advance. ...

Creating appointment problem
Hi.. I have installed Exchange server 2007 on my machine.I have installed Exchange server 2007 sdk on my machine.I am studing the sample examples from SDK. There is one example called as Createappointment.Its not working properly. When I try to run this particular program it gives following errror : CreateAppointment threw the following error: IDispatch error #3105 Make sure you are running this on an Exchange server. Can anybody help me? Thanks Ashwin Sancheti. ...