Relay operation rejected ASAP!

Dear All,

I got this message when i try to send test message.

I telnet the port and it response and also use online
utility to check if my mail is working and it is.

What I could be missing?

I even delete all the entry in the Relay Option in the
SMTP Virtual Server!

The message could not be sent because one of the
recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail
address was 'administrator@tcl.com.ph'. Subject 'test
using the mailserver on mailserver',
Account: 'mailserver', Server: 'mailserver', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '554
<<administrator@tcl.com.ph>>... Relay operation rejected',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79
0
anonymous (74718)

"disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I got this message when i try to send test message.

Probably related to your client?

>I telnet the port and it response and also use online
>utility to check if my mail is working and it is.

From 203.104.87.242:

220 tagasapot.tclwebmail ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet
Mail Service
5.5.2653.13) ready
helo
250 OK
mail from: r@xxxx.com
250 OK - mail from <r@xxxx.com>
rcpt to: administrator@tcl.com.ph
250 OK - Recipient <administrator@tcl.com.ph>
quit
221 closing connection

From 203.104.87.243:

220 tcl.com.ph Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready
at  Sun,
29 Aug 2004 05:08:43 +0800
helo
250 tcl.com.ph Hello [66.92.xx.xx]
mail from: r@xxx.com
250 2.1.0 r@xxx.com....Sender OK
rcpt to: administrator@tcl.com.ph
250 2.1.5 administrator@tcl.com.ph

The only difference is the mail server software.

>What I could be missing?

If the 554 error was sent from the server at address 203.104.87.243 it
could mean that your IP address (or domain, or email address) has been
blocked.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How to bypass Smart host relay in EX2K3 when delivering SMS to a mobile device.
Hello. How can I configure Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to deliver SMS directly to the mobile carrier instead of relaying to the configured smart relay host? Thanks in advance. I want to enable AUTD for Mobile Devices in EX2K3. Legal disclaimer? Well, that's provided by a specific package rather than Exchange (unless you've done an event sink in years past) So, you need to have a go at working out what that package is and how it's configured. On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:44:50 -0500, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello. > >How can I configure Excha...

Unwanted Mail Relaying/ IP Spoofing
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on an NT4sp6a box. Routinely I have several queued messages that have "<>" as the originator that I delete every day. On the routing tab I do have "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" selected and all three valid domain names entered as "inbound". Also under routing restrictions I entered in the range of valid IP's that is allowed to relay. Also, from notifications sent to me from my ISP stating email virus-like activity originating from my firewall and after taking measures such as anti-virus scans and implem...

Error message0x8004010f Operation Failed
I keep getting this error message each time I try to send an email. I am connecting to a POP3 account. I have verified that my account settings are correct with my ISP. I have set up my address book. What can I do to correct this? -- Jay Thomas Jay Thomas <zaxon5002@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep getting this error message each time I try to send an email. > I am connecting to a POP3 account. I have verified that my account > settings are correct with my ISP. I have set up my address book. > What can I do to correct this? 1) Disable any antivirus scanning of incoming m...

"between" comparison operator
i have had a mental block -- what is the formula in Excel for "between operator. I have a number in A1, so in A2 I need to display a "Y" of this numbe is greater than 84 or less than or equal to 10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You could use an AND statement: =IF(AND(A1>84,A1<=108),"Yes","No") -- Andy. "matmich >" <<matmich.17jes6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:matmich.17jes6@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have had a mental block -- what is the formula in Excel for "between"...

Using the Like operator with a perameter query
Using Like "A*" will find all agents names starting with "A"....Is it possible to use "Like" with brackets to have the user decide what letter they want to start with? For instance is there a way for me to run a query and get all instances that Alex and Andy worked a service call without having to open the design view and change it everytime? Yes, like this --- Like [Enter start of search] & "*" To find something that might be in the middle of field use this --- Like "*" & [Enter search] & "*" -- KARL DEWE...

Exchange Operating Mode? urgent pls
Hi, I know that if we want co-existance between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 then you need to run exchange on Mixed mode. I dont have exchange 5.5. However, I plan to migrate and co-exist with Lotus. In that case, can i switch my exchange to Native mode? pls suggest. You can move to Native Mode. Mixed mode is only used if you have, or plan to use, Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment and has no bearing on Lotus. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "Jack Dorson" wrote: > Hi, > > I know that if we want co-existance between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 > then you need to...

Tender buttons on touchscreen not functioning in Store Operations
Tender buttons on touchscreen not functioning in Store Operations I found Article ID : 862004 on customer source. But I am confused after step 9 After I run query for step 4 I found this ID Description ADDITIONAL DETAIL Display Code 1 CASH 1 0 1 2 CHECK 2 1 2 3 MASTER/VISA 3 4 3 4 CASH OVER 1000 1 9 ...

Sent Email rejected
" When I send email, it won't go thru and I get the message, "Relay operation rejected:Authenticate with POP first" What setting do I need to change? If you have Outlook 2002 or 2003, go to the "Outgoing server" tab of your account, enable authentication, and select the "log into incoming server before sending". -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:15:02 -0800, Sue wrote: > " When I send email, it won't go thru and I get the messa...

SMTP relay
Hi. There is a small network (10 computers). Everyone uses Outlook Express and want to keep it that way. I need to find out some way to get input and output archive of all incoming/outgoing messages. I configured a Outlook Express input filter to forward every incoming message to the in-archive@nomatterwhere mailbox. I cant get a simple way to to the same to outgoing mail. I suppose I could install in one of the computers a SMTP relay. Then I could configure all Outlook Express clients to deliver mail to that machine (fixed internal IP or whatever). Then I could configure SMTP relay to ...

Outlook Hangs during operations
Hi all From today morning there is a problem with outlook 2000 users. When they forwared or Reply for a massege it tends to hang and when close outlook and loging off from the machine it displays a ending task massege title with WMS IDLE. Outlook 2003 users doesn't seems to have any problem. Is this a Exchange 2000 server issue or client version issue. please give me a solution. Thank You Janaka If you've installed the connector for Lotus Notes, please read this article (though it specifically states Exchange 5.5 and 2003, you may find it helpful): http://support.microsoft....

Open Relay #8
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help? i have disabled relaying in exchaneg and run a test on abuse.net with the results below (i have replaced our mail servers ip address with 000.000.000.000, our server name with SERVER-NAME-REMOVED and our domain name with OURDOMAIN.net) does anyone have any ideas on why the server is still relaying? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want any spammers using our server to relay. Many thanks Dan. Mail relay testing Connecting to 000.000.000.000 for anonymous test ... <<< 220 SERVER-NAME-REMOVED Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Versi...

Relay??
I am using exchange 2003. About 1 or 2 e-mails a day come back to my server as being rejected from the other e-mail servers specifying they do not relay for us. About 2-300 e-mails come out of our sever daily. Is this a problem on their end or mine? Our server is using the serverobjects SMTPQMail to send out e-mails. Here is one of the messages: Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com on 6/29/2004 8:06 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <petpages.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com>... we do not r...

Log Rejected Incoming Mail
I am trying to troubleshoot an issue with a SPAM Filtering Provider and an Exchange 2003 server SP2. We are experiencing intermittent bounce back issues where messages will be bounced 552 exceeded storage allocation. According to the SPAM filtering provide’s log files the messages are being rejected by the Exchange Server however the messages are way under the limits set on incoming messages and the users mailboxes are also way under the mailbox limits. I would like to actually log each time the server rejects delivery. Is this an option and can anyone point me in the right directio...

Help ASAP. Changing number string into date?
I pull reports from an internet site into excel for state reporting purposes and need to calculate the duration from one date to another. The problem is when I pull the table in it chages the dates to a string (i.e. 06/02/2001 looks like 6022001, and 12/02/2001 looks like 12022001). Is there a formula that will take the 6022001 and 12022001 and chane them into date format? I tried the format tab and it wouldn't work. TIA John, You need to include an example date that shows us where the day/month appear. I believe all US dates are m/d/y, but UK, Australian, etc. dates are d/m/y. Use a...

RELAY
just want to inquire about smtp relaying. we dont have any mail server we are just acquiring it from a company that host email and web. any way my question is about this relay. Each email has a limit of 250relays per day. When this is reached we can't send out any email. How does this relay works. Any information about this would be a great help. Thanks Allan Hi Allan You'd be better off posting this to one of the Exchange groups - see http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/default.mspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Allan M. Grafil" wrote: ...

Intermittent 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
Running Exchange 2000 SP3. We have a simple domain, one mail server. We're intermittently experiencing the 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@ourdomain.com rejection message sent from our exchange server when sending to various domains. When we receive this message, we just resend the message 5 minutes later and it goes through ok. Reverse DNS is fine, 90% of the time email delivery is fine. Anything I can check? ...

Open Relay #12
Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and authinticate check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in one of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay Thank You Can we see their diagnostics? D whitten wrote: > Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes > about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. > i have in my smtp acesss...

Cleanup operations?
We recently built an Exchange 2003 server with an ADC to our Exchange 5.5 server. All mailboxes moved from 5.5 to 2003 with no trouble. However, now I see a problem where users will exceed mailbox limits, delete excess mail to get below the limit, but the mailbox in the Exchange system manager still shows them as over the limit and will not allow them to send mail. I run the cleanup agent- doesn't help. I did some research, and moved the mailbox to a different store within the same storage group. That worked to reduce the size in ESM, but now, a week later, when I try to move ...

VBA syntax to indicate times/multiply operator after "Like"
Using XL 2003 & 97 In VBA code what is the correct syntax after "Like" (to indicate "wildcard before" + Multiply sign (Asterick) + "any number" + "wildcard after." The challenge is how to code the use of the Asterick 1) as a wild card; then 2) as an operator; then 3) as a wild card again Attempted: Like "*" & * & "#*" Thoughts? TIA Dennis From XL/VBA Help ("Like operator") > Note To match the special characters left bracket ([), question mark (?), > number sign (#), and asterisk (*), enclos...

Relay Servers?

Why am I relaying???
Hi, I have a customer who has a couple of domain names. We have recently installed a new server (2003SBS with Exchange 2003) and configured this to handle his mail. This is working fine for the main domain name he uses, but he is unable to get email sent to his other domain name, even though the DNS and MX record info is set up perfectly. The MX records for each domain point to the same server. When I try to send him a mail to the failing address this is the reply I get from my server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test - 10:40 ...

operation failed #6
I am using Outlook 2002 and out of the blue, message pops up "Operation failed due to network or other communications problems". At that point, I can't send or receive mail. Shut down Outlook and restart Outlook and it will work briefly, then message again. Any suggestions? ...

550 Relaying is prohibited
Does anyone know what to do about the error message ""550 Relaying is prohibited"", preventing me from returning e- mails? Thanks You probably just need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server so your ISP knows it's you sending the messages and not a spammer. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:022401c3cccb$1af5a740$a101280a@phx.gbl, aern...

Allow relaying thru Exchange 2003
My users that use email from home can't respond/send to a message through the Exchange server without getting a relaying prohibited error. Is there any way to fix it so these people can use email from home? Im not sure exactly how to do explain with exchange 2000/2003, but on the SMTP interfaceor connector in the system manager, there should be something similar to relay restriction in the properties... You will need to use authentication for your users, as well as have your users set up thier mail clients to use thier domain credentials to authenticate with. I cant find the MS instru...

Block Relay Access
I work for a small company that uses MS Exchange running on a 2003 SBS server with ISA firewall. We're having a problem with people using our server to send their emails. At any given time, we can take a look at the current sessions and see 5-10 sessions connected. As I said, we're a small company and there is no way that all those emails are originating with us. What we would ideally like to do is force everyone who wants to send an email out from our server to authenticate using their username/password from the Active Directory. I've tried a variety of settings, but n...