Relay List

Does anyone know where the list of approved IP's from the property page are
stored? (AD? Registry?)  Thanks.
0
Steve3367 (862)

the relay list is stored in the properties of the Virtual SMTP server in AD.
Right click properties on your Virtual SMTP server and Connection tab.

> Does anyone know where the list of approved IP's from the property page
> are
> stored? (AD? Registry?)  Thanks.

0
craig7427 (5)
10/18/2006 10:59:17 AM
sorry, not in AD in exchange system manager, my bad!!!

those damn typo's I tell you : D

"Halcyon" <craig@halcyonetic.com> wrote in message
> the relay list is stored in the properties of the Virtual SMTP server in
> AD. Right click properties on your Virtual SMTP server and Connection tab.
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know where the list of approved IP's from the property page
>> are
>> stored? (AD? Registry?)  Thanks.

0
craig7427 (5)
10/18/2006 11:32:22 AM
"Halcyon" <craig@halcyonetic.com> wrote:

>sorry, not in AD in exchange system manager, my bad!!!

No, you were correct the first time. The values are stored in the AD.
You use the ESM to manage the set of values.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I know how and where to add the values for the Relays.

The question is once I have input a list of IPaddress or DNS names, where is
that data stored? In AD? OK, Where? How can I report on the several hundred
IP's in the list?

I hope this helps someone answer the question.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "Halcyon" <craig@halcyonetic.com> wrote:
>
> >sorry, not in AD in exchange system manager, my bad!!!
>
> No, you were correct the first time. The values are stored in the AD.
> You use the ESM to manage the set of values.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Steve3367 (862)
10/20/2006 9:56:01 PM
Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>OK..Maybe I am not asking the question in the right manner.
>
>I know how and where to add the values for the Relays.
>
>The question is once I have input a list of IPaddress or DNS names, where is
>that data stored? In AD?

>OK, Where?

In the Configuration naming context.

>How can I report on the several hundred
>IP's in the list?

The list of IP addresses isn't in a format that can be exported and
understood by humans. It's a compressed binary data structure. You can
a COM control that MS has to export the information, ot to import
information, but you'll have to write some code to make it work.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q810913

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Download IPSec.vbs

Download the entire folder ExIPSecurity and save it to your C:
2. Open command prompt and go to your ExIPSecurity directory.

3. C:\ExIPSecurity>regsvr32 exipsec.dll

4. C:\ExIPSecurity>cscript ipsec.vbs -s Exchangeserver -o e -r relay -d
DCServername > c:\ExIPSecurity\relaylist.txt

This will export the relay list to a relaylist.txt file.

James Chong

Steve wrote:
> OK..Maybe I am not asking the question in the right manner.
>
> I know how and where to add the values for the Relays.
>
> The question is once I have input a list of IPaddress or DNS names, where is
> that data stored? In AD? OK, Where? How can I report on the several hundred
> IP's in the list?
>
> I hope this helps someone answer the question.
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > "Halcyon" <craig@halcyonetic.com> wrote:
> >
> > >sorry, not in AD in exchange system manager, my bad!!!
> >
> > No, you were correct the first time. The values are stored in the AD.
> > You use the ESM to manage the set of values.
> >
> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> > Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
> > Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
jamestechman (1266)

How do I cut and paste a column of email addresses into an email distribution list?
I wish to list email addresses in a column in excel then cut and paste to create a distribution list in my email software. Can this easily be done? Thanks Col Hi see as starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Colin" <colincurious@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bbb06f96.0410061103.f2cf8f8@posting.google.com... > I wish to list email addresses in a column in excel then cut and paste > to create a distribution list in my email software. Can this easily be done? > > Thanks > Col hi, see this s...

Find sub-list from a generic list
Given a generic list of items, when each item has some attributes such as name, age, etc. How to get a sublist of the items filtered by an attribute, (say age = 40)? I can only think of looping through each item on the list, and check to see if its age is 40. Is there more efficient way(s) to do this? Curious wrote: > Given a generic list of items, when each item has some attributes such > as name, age, etc. > > How to get a sublist of the items filtered by an attribute, (say age = > 40)? > > I can only think of looping through each item on the list, an...

Unwanted Mail Relaying/ IP Spoofing
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on an NT4sp6a box. Routinely I have several queued messages that have "<>" as the originator that I delete every day. On the routing tab I do have "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" selected and all three valid domain names entered as "inbound". Also under routing restrictions I entered in the range of valid IP's that is allowed to relay. Also, from notifications sent to me from my ISP stating email virus-like activity originating from my firewall and after taking measures such as anti-virus scans and implem...

How to bypass Smart host relay in EX2K3 when delivering SMS to a mobile device.
Hello. How can I configure Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to deliver SMS directly to the mobile carrier instead of relaying to the configured smart relay host? Thanks in advance. I want to enable AUTD for Mobile Devices in EX2K3. Legal disclaimer? Well, that's provided by a specific package rather than Exchange (unless you've done an event sink in years past) So, you need to have a go at working out what that package is and how it's configured. On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:44:50 -0500, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello. > >How can I configure Excha...

Counting Dates In A List
Hi, I have a pretty basic request. I have a worksheet that has 20 columns on it. 2 columns of information are really causing me problems. Col A contains dates and Col B contains an "X" to indicate a reference to an occurrence on a specific date: A B 12/21/2003 X 1/2/2004 2/1/2004 X I need to count the number of occurrences according to date ranges, i.e. how many occurrences between 1/1/2004 and 2/1/2004. It's a fairly large worksheet and it seems so simple, but I don't know the correct function to use. Any help would be ...

SMTP relay
Hi. There is a small network (10 computers). Everyone uses Outlook Express and want to keep it that way. I need to find out some way to get input and output archive of all incoming/outgoing messages. I configured a Outlook Express input filter to forward every incoming message to the in-archive@nomatterwhere mailbox. I cant get a simple way to to the same to outgoing mail. I suppose I could install in one of the computers a SMTP relay. Then I could configure all Outlook Express clients to deliver mail to that machine (fixed internal IP or whatever). Then I could configure SMTP relay to ...

Open Relay #8
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help? i have disabled relaying in exchaneg and run a test on abuse.net with the results below (i have replaced our mail servers ip address with 000.000.000.000, our server name with SERVER-NAME-REMOVED and our domain name with OURDOMAIN.net) does anyone have any ideas on why the server is still relaying? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want any spammers using our server to relay. Many thanks Dan. Mail relay testing Connecting to 000.000.000.000 for anonymous test ... <<< 220 SERVER-NAME-REMOVED Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Versi...

Importing exporting Distribution lists
Hi I have just gotten outlook 2003. I am trying to export a lengthy distribution list to a coworker. I can copy it into a text file as an attachment but I am trying to avoid entering the all the information over. The recepient has outlook also either 2002 or 2003. How do I import export this Sharon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I have just gotten outlook 2003. I am trying to export a lengthy > distribution list to a coworker. I can copy it into a text file as an > attachment but I am trying to avoid entering the all the information > over. The recepient ...

Relay??
I am using exchange 2003. About 1 or 2 e-mails a day come back to my server as being rejected from the other e-mail servers specifying they do not relay for us. About 2-300 e-mails come out of our sever daily. Is this a problem on their end or mine? Our server is using the serverobjects SMTPQMail to send out e-mails. Here is one of the messages: Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com on 6/29/2004 8:06 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <petpages.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com>... we do not r...

Different spaces between bullet points in same bullet list
I have a bullet list with some bullet items. Some of the items have different spaces between the bullets. Meaning the line spacing between the bullets are not all the same. Some are wider. I have formatting marks showing and I don't see anything unusual. At the end of each line, there's the carriage return mark. No extra carriage returns or white space between the bullets. The font used across is the same. I adjusted the line spacing for the whole list. I removed and reinitialized the list. Same problem. Any ideas show to fix this? Does the style include "Don'...

Multiple *.pst in the Folder List ?
Dear All: I'm still trying to find a way to bring multiple *.pst to the folder list. I have about 20 pst folders created in OL 2000 since there was the 2 gig limit. Some are merely archives of emails created over the years ( OL 97 > OL 2000 ) etc. I 've tried to open them and bring to the folders list. However I get a out of memory and resources error message. The machine is a 2.4 gig mhz dual cpu and 2 gig of ram , 500 gig raid hard disk. I've now got several key files, ( business A , business B etc) that are open but it is a real PITA to continue to remove the pst folder...

Adding numbers to a list
I want to make a dvd list through excel and number each of them, bu instead of typing 1 through 200 for example, I would like a formula t do it for me. So typing 1 in the first cell and dragging it down, s that it says 1,2,3,4instead of writing it manually.Can someone hel me? Thanks, Alienyd -- alienyd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alienyde's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2711 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54399 Put 1 in the first cell, right click the lower corner...

LIST of COMMANDS
Someone asked how to get a cent symbol and responses came back to use Control/c or ALT 0162 which are great assists. How do you find these out. Is there a list of all the Control or ALT commands that can be used? If so, it would prove extremely helpful. -- Thanks, Pat You can use the Windows character map (Start | Run: charmap) or the Insert Symbol dialog box in Word. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B558A95-2EF9-4123-B6ED-7EE3CCF08F55@microsoft.com... > Someone asked how to get a ce...

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

Address List Conversion Column to Rows
I have been handed a list that I need to convert and I am stumped. The worksheet contains three columns of addresses. The addresses are generally in one of three formats: Company Contact Street number and name City State Zip or Name Street number and name City State Zip or The repeat of the above with two lines for street information. As far as I can tell so far, these four are the only the different formats. Some of the addresses have a comma between the city and state. One final complication, some addresses use the 5 digit zip, some use the zip+4 with a dash. Is there a way to conv...

RELAY
just want to inquire about smtp relaying. we dont have any mail server we are just acquiring it from a company that host email and web. any way my question is about this relay. Each email has a limit of 250relays per day. When this is reached we can't send out any email. How does this relay works. Any information about this would be a great help. Thanks Allan Hi Allan You'd be better off posting this to one of the Exchange groups - see http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/default.mspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Allan M. Grafil" wrote: ...

Intermittent 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
Running Exchange 2000 SP3. We have a simple domain, one mail server. We're intermittently experiencing the 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@ourdomain.com rejection message sent from our exchange server when sending to various domains. When we receive this message, we just resend the message 5 minutes later and it goes through ok. Reverse DNS is fine, 90% of the time email delivery is fine. Anything I can check? ...

How to create stock watch list?
How do I create a watch list of certain funds, stocks, bonds? I only have a Roth IRA retirement account created. There doesn't seem to be a watch list option. Money 2004 Small Business Brett If there isn't already an Investments to Watch account, you can create one by creating an investment account and setting the Watch Account flag in its details. If the account is there, go to Portfolio, Work with investments, Add an investment and add the investments you want to watch to the watch account. "Brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:c003b25a.0404071613.1f...

Open Relay #12
Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and authinticate check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in one of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay Thank You Can we see their diagnostics? D whitten wrote: > Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes > about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. > i have in my smtp acesss...

Relay Servers?

Saving Favorite Folders list
I have dragged some folders into my Favorite Folders in the navagation panel but it goes back to the default list when I close Outlook and reopen it. I can't find anything in the help about how to save the settings for Outlook. Will someone please help me? Thanks, Ken ...

Why am I relaying???
Hi, I have a customer who has a couple of domain names. We have recently installed a new server (2003SBS with Exchange 2003) and configured this to handle his mail. This is working fine for the main domain name he uses, but he is unable to get email sent to his other domain name, even though the DNS and MX record info is set up perfectly. The MX records for each domain point to the same server. When I try to send him a mail to the failing address this is the reply I get from my server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test - 10:40 ...

Team email list updates
Hi guys, I have a user who uses team email feature to send emails to her team members from Outlook 2010. It works well, except that they got a new employee and she complains that the team email list has not been updated with the new employee for a week now. I found that it is possible to update (change) the list manually, but don't want to start doing it for all users on the system. It would be nice to now if there is anything I can do globally on MS Exchange or to script and apply thru GPO to make (force) these lists to update regularly. The user in question used OL in online mode for s...

Italics in drop-down lists
Any idea how I can get some (but not all) text in a drop-down list entry to be italic? The entry might be "streptococcal bacterium" where "streptococcal" is italic but "bacterium" is not. Presumably I'll have to populate the entry from somewhere that gives a cue about where the italic begins and ends, maybe like so: <i>streptococcal</i> bacterium but how do I then present it within the list with italic formatting? TIA --larry Larry Sulky wrote: > Any idea how I can get some (but not all) text in a drop-down list > entry...

How block a highlighted list of Senders not one-at-time ?
New Windows 7 (prof level but for single-user home use) with Office 2007, trying to add hundreds of Junk emails to list of Blocked senders but think that is failing beause still geting many of the same senders coming through. Tried deleting them, both in highlighted lists and one-at-a-time, but Adding to Blocked Senders list can only be dome one-at-a-time; and still seems to be not working. Somebody know what I'm not doing, or doing wrong, please ? Blocked Senders is only marginally useful because the spammers just change their apparent addresses on a near-hourly basi...