Relay #3

Hi,
I am a bit confused on relaying.
I know that relay allows programs to send email through your exchange /or
mail server.
SO I understand if I have a client that needs to send email through
something like postie or maybe it is symantec needing to send alerts then I
need to add the IP for that machine to the relays in my virtual smtp
properties.
But I know you can do this with authentication instead of by IP, but how do
you do that?

0
none89 (807)

In news:e2sYb0x7FHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
GreenGoblin <none@none.com> typed:
> Hi,
> I am a bit confused on relaying.
> I know that relay allows programs to send email through your exchange
> /or mail server.
> SO I understand if I have a client that needs to send email through
> something like postie or maybe it is symantec needing to send alerts
> then I need to add the IP for that machine to the relays in my
> virtual smtp properties.
> But I know you can do this with authentication instead of by IP, but
> how do you do that?

Better to set it up so that only specific LAN IPs can relay, than use
authentication, IMO.

See http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/authattack.asp

If you don't have strong/complex password policies enabled, force regular
password changes, have enabled guest, etc., someone may exploit
authenticated relay. If you don't need authenticated relay, disable it. You
can always have any external POP users use their own ISP's SMTP server for
outbound mail anyway.

0
lanwench (7567)

Opinions , info ... #3
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info You could setup a single SMTP server somewhere to collect all mail for company.com an...

LDAP Query #3
I am having trouble with my Exchange 5.5 server. I am attempting to do an LDAP query using a number of tools, outlook/Mailsweeper/LDAP Browser, and when I try using Anonymous, it connects, but gives me a LDAP Search request failed with error 11. If I attempt to Login with an account which has service account admin privileges It has an error that states "LDAP Bind failed. Client didn't provide a properly formatted username or the server doesn't allow anonymous access" (Event ID: 1348 MSExchangeDS). As far as I am aware I am formatting it correctly Any help would be app...

How to bypass Smart host relay in EX2K3 when delivering SMS to a mobile device.
Hello. How can I configure Exchange Server 2003 SP2 to deliver SMS directly to the mobile carrier instead of relaying to the configured smart relay host? Thanks in advance. I want to enable AUTD for Mobile Devices in EX2K3. Legal disclaimer? Well, that's provided by a specific package rather than Exchange (unless you've done an event sink in years past) So, you need to have a go at working out what that package is and how it's configured. On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:44:50 -0500, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello. > >How can I configure Excha...

POP 3 Connector exchange 2003
We are having issues with our exchange 2003 pop connector. We frequently lose mails that have been downloaded. The pop box will have emails in it and when they are downloaded some may disappear. This does not happen to all emails Any pointers anyone??? On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:43:53 -0700, "Dominic Applegate" <Dominic Applegate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are having issues with our exchange 2003 pop connector. We frequently lose >mails that have been downloaded. > >The pop box will have emails in it and when they are downloaded some may >disappe...

Unwanted Mail Relaying/ IP Spoofing
Hello, I'm running Exchange 5.5sp4 on an NT4sp6a box. Routinely I have several queued messages that have "<>" as the originator that I delete every day. On the routing tab I do have "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" selected and all three valid domain names entered as "inbound". Also under routing restrictions I entered in the range of valid IP's that is allowed to relay. Also, from notifications sent to me from my ISP stating email virus-like activity originating from my firewall and after taking measures such as anti-virus scans and implem...

Random Selection #3
I have a colum of 10 numbers as follows. 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,3 I need a formula to insert in a different colum and cell that wil randomley select one of the 10 numbers from the first colum. Once tha cell has been selected at random (and displayed in the cell containin this formula) it can no longer be used. Is there a way to do this? Or another method that will get the job done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See if this does what you want http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/03/pick_a_winner.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-...

Mail flow #3
Hi, I have a scenario where I can make mail to subdomain.domain.com work by setting a connector in Exchange to send mail to a machine where that is the address space and that works great. However, along with that I have the need to make Exchange also realize when mail comes in for that domain to use the connector to send it out using that same connector; is that possible? In essense, I need Exchange to accept all mail for that domain, (recipient policy?) then send it out using the connector and if sent from inside the server be smart enough to use the connector (which hasn't bee...

Changing Functional Currency #3
Hi There is a live company ABC. We created the new company XYZ then I restore the live company database ABC to the newly created company XYZ by following the KB article 871973. Then we delete the all the transaction in XYZ company because we need the same company setup and masters with that we added required additional master data. The problem we are facing is we need to change the functional currency in XYZ company. How can we do this? Any one can help us Regards Nizham I don't believe you can change the functional in XYZ since there were transactions. Howabout creating a 123 com...

MS CRM 3.0 ISV using WebServices
I am quite new to MS CRM, especially MS CRM 3.0. I am trying to accomplish the following: Create menus within the contact edit page that point to a page within my application. My application requires the contact's email address in order to look-up relevant information. I need a way of passing the contact's email address via a URL to a page in my application. At this point, I have been able to edit the ISV.CONFIG file to create the menus in the contact area. The ISV.CONFIG file points the menus to an ASPX page that sits on the MS CRM 3.0 box and passes in the MS CRM Contact ID. I...

Please help #3
Each time I open a workbook, I get the save dialog box, with the message "file not found" This started when I cut some rows from this workbook and pasted it into another workbook. I can not find the links to deactivate the connection and don't know how to stop the workbook from trying to sync with the other workbook. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Isaac --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.543 / Virus Database: 337 - Release Date: 11/21/2003 It kind of sounds like you ended u...

Saving password in Outlook #3
Even though I checked the save password during setup, outlook keep asking me to enter pass all the time. This happens only on this computer. I have outlook 2000,Win Xp. Larry ...

SMTP relay
Hi. There is a small network (10 computers). Everyone uses Outlook Express and want to keep it that way. I need to find out some way to get input and output archive of all incoming/outgoing messages. I configured a Outlook Express input filter to forward every incoming message to the in-archive@nomatterwhere mailbox. I cant get a simple way to to the same to outgoing mail. I suppose I could install in one of the computers a SMTP relay. Then I could configure all Outlook Express clients to deliver mail to that machine (fixed internal IP or whatever). Then I could configure SMTP relay to ...

more than 3 conditional formats #3
I'm trying to produce a spreadsheet whereby a date is entered when an activity should be completed by. I want it to produce the following outcomes: 1) when activity is selected and cell is orange and shows date to be completed by 2) when completed before due date, date is entered and cell turns green 3) when due date has passed cell turns red I can't seem to fit all this into conditional formatting and don't know how to carry all this out using IF. Help!! ...

Open Relay #8
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help? i have disabled relaying in exchaneg and run a test on abuse.net with the results below (i have replaced our mail servers ip address with 000.000.000.000, our server name with SERVER-NAME-REMOVED and our domain name with OURDOMAIN.net) does anyone have any ideas on why the server is still relaying? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want any spammers using our server to relay. Many thanks Dan. Mail relay testing Connecting to 000.000.000.000 for anonymous test ... <<< 220 SERVER-NAME-REMOVED Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Versi...

Relay??
I am using exchange 2003. About 1 or 2 e-mails a day come back to my server as being rejected from the other e-mail servers specifying they do not relay for us. About 2-300 e-mails come out of our sever daily. Is this a problem on their end or mine? Our server is using the serverobjects SMTPQMail to send out e-mails. Here is one of the messages: Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com on 6/29/2004 8:06 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <petpages.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <Angela-Marie@PolarCountry.com>... we do not r...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 03-07-10
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 I still having the same problem please some help me to fix this isue i disable my anti virus plus I delete my fil i386 same problem and i dont know what to do please help Same problem as...? chons wrote: > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family > Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 I still having the > same problem please some help me to fix this isue i disable my anti virus > plus I d...

RELAY
just want to inquire about smtp relaying. we dont have any mail server we are just acquiring it from a company that host email and web. any way my question is about this relay. Each email has a limit of 250relays per day. When this is reached we can't send out any email. How does this relay works. Any information about this would be a great help. Thanks Allan Hi Allan You'd be better off posting this to one of the Exchange groups - see http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/community/default.mspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Allan M. Grafil" wrote: ...

Intermittent 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
Running Exchange 2000 SP3. We have a simple domain, one mail server. We're intermittently experiencing the 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@ourdomain.com rejection message sent from our exchange server when sending to various domains. When we receive this message, we just resend the message 5 minutes later and it goes through ok. Reverse DNS is fine, 90% of the time email delivery is fine. Anything I can check? ...

Find and replace #3
I have a table with 6 columns, A to F. Column A contains unique item numbers. Column B contains descriptions of those items. Columns C-F contain a random listing of the numbers from column A. I want to replace the random listings of items in C-F with the descriptions of the items from column B. There are 1300 items. Can I do this without running 1300 Find and Replaces? I would be happy with four new columns added that have the descriptions for the random items in C-F in the same order (not exactly a replace). Thanks! Al -- ovid962 -----------------------------------------------------...

Open Relay #12
Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and authinticate check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in one of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay Thank You Can we see their diagnostics? D whitten wrote: > Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes > about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one. > i have in my smtp acesss...

Multiple PST files #3
I have a user that uses offline files when they travel. Their PST files is over 2 GB and is now causing problems. How can I correct this? Can you make 2 or more PST files for 1 Profile? Thanks. Tim you can have as many pst files in the profile as you want - while I think a handful should be enough, there are a few souls with 60-70 and even some with 150. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Relay Servers?

Why am I relaying???
Hi, I have a customer who has a couple of domain names. We have recently installed a new server (2003SBS with Exchange 2003) and configured this to handle his mail. This is working fine for the main domain name he uses, but he is unable to get email sent to his other domain name, even though the DNS and MX record info is set up perfectly. The MX records for each domain point to the same server. When I try to send him a mail to the failing address this is the reply I get from my server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test - 10:40 ...

550 Relaying is prohibited
Does anyone know what to do about the error message ""550 Relaying is prohibited"", preventing me from returning e- mails? Thanks You probably just need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server so your ISP knows it's you sending the messages and not a spammer. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:022401c3cccb$1af5a740$a101280a@phx.gbl, aern...