Reject messages with custom message?

A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all
incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to
accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if
there was no longer a AD account and mailbox.

Thank you,
-Bob

I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to
write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message
>A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all
>incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to
>accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if
>there was no longer a AD account and mailbox.
>
> Thank you,
> -Bob

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/5/2007 12:43:31 AM
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to
>write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message
>>A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all
>>incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to
>>accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great
>>if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox.

Doesn't it seem a bit silly not to have such an easy feature?  All I want is
an auto-reply which says this mailbox is no longer available and here is the
contact info for the replacement person. I guess the trick is I do not want
it to save the incoming message.

Every day someone suggests something that seems to silly that it wasn't
included.  There are a lot of creative people out there.  In fact, if you
look at any product, you can suggest things that it should do that it
doesn't.
--

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>>I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to
>>write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message
>>>A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all
>>>incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to
>>>accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great
>>>if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox.
>
> Doesn't it seem a bit silly not to have such an easy feature?  All I want
> is an auto-reply which says this mailbox is no longer available and here
> is the contact info for the replacement person. I guess the trick is I do
> not want it to save the incoming message.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

O2003: Find Related Messages
When I attempt to use the "Find Related Messages" feature in Outlook 2003 I receive the following error message: Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. The folders specified are not available. I followed the directions in KB240697 (which refers to an error message of "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. The folder already exists."), attempting to rectify the problem to no avail. Any suggestions on how to get this valuable feature to work properly, it use too. Referenced KB article: http://support.microsoft....

Spell Check Error Messages in Windows Mail
I type fast for speed and trust Spell Check to review messages before sending them. Out of the blue, I started getting "The spell check was halted on this document. Do you want to send anyway?" message. I unchecked the box in Tools which I had been using to check spelling before sending and tried using Spell Check after I had typed my message and before hitting the send button. I get this message when I try that: "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked." So, I tried higlighting the message and hitting spell check and got the same messag...

Message Size Calculation
Someone asked me how to calculate the storage used by email message: 1. If a email message which is 100K with a 500K attachment, send to 100 people - in total, how much storage is used? Anyone know how to do the calculation? :) It will take 600K plus some small amount of space (_my guesstimate_ 100byte) for each recipient, assuming all recipient mailboxes are on the same server and in the same database. April wrote: > Someone asked me how to calculate the storage used by > email message: > > 1. If a email message which is 100K with a 500K > attachment, send to 100 peopl...

Customize Outlook Today link does not work
When I click on the 'customize outlook today' link ... nothing happens ... why and how do I fix it Outlook 2000 with SP3 There was a security patch that disabled the ability to customize Outlook Today. If you are comfortable working in the Registry (dangerous if you don't know what you are doing), then go to the Microsoft.com website and check the Knowledgebase for a manual work around. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on the 'customize outlook today' link ... >nothing happens ... why and how do I fix it Outlook 2000 >with SP3 >. > OL...

Intelligent Message Filtering
Hi, Say a message isn't deemed as junk according to the filter levels set, how can I tell its assisgned SCL after it arrives in an inbox so that I can make a judgement call on whether to lower the levels. I am counting the assignments. Thanks, Simon Lane You can expose the SCL in Outlook: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/05/26/142607.aspx And in OWA: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/05/27/143297.aspx -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Simon Lane" <st@jpa.co.jp> wrote in messa...

Undeliverable Messages do not get forwarded
An email account has been set up in Exchange 2000 and a rule created to forward undeliverable notifications to a distribution list. This rule does not work and it is vital that we have something in place so the messages can be dealt with. Does anyone know why this would not be working. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 & 2007 Freezing When Browsing Messages
We have a fairly new problem on 3 notebooks and 2 desktops. All are equipped with Windows XP Pro and either Outlook 2003 or 2007. Browsing through emails causes delays, sometimes of up to 6 minutes or more to display an item in the preview pane. All mail items and attachments have been downloaded and previously viewed. The delays are random - some items display quickly, others seem to take forever. It doesn't seem to based on mail or attachment size. I have disabled Symantec antivirus and PestPatrol but the problem persists. Outlook doesn't crash - if you wait long enough the me...

read only message
When I try to open then, all my excel 2000 files from an especific server gives me the message that they are ready only because another user is using then, but no user are realy using it...all my local drive and other servers excel files opens well with no messages. Does anyone konws what this could be? Hi Antonio, I'm not sure if this is your problem. You might want to check out the following Knowledge Base article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q229483 This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. >-----Origi...

0x8004010F message
Outlook 2003 WAS sending/receiving POP3 mail perfectly until I reinstalled Windows XP Home and now with the exact same version of Outlook, I'm getting an error message (0x8004010F) saying that the operation failed. Whats even more maddening is that when I click the "Test account settings" button, the test email sends, which proves my server settings are correct. A colleague of mine in work has the same issue (again only after reinstalling) but he's using XP Pro and Outlook 2002. Can some one please help us, its driving us mad ...

Selective Rejection of Email
My Exchange 2003 server is rejecting email from selective domains that I frequently use, such as microsoft.com and a couple of others. I have nothing to change configuration. What could be causing this issue - I'm using Symantec AV to check email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan What is the NDR that the senders get back ? Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "DLS" <DLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCD03FD-43AF-4753-8C21-144F52440450@microsoft.com... > My Exchange 2003 server is rejecting email from selective domains that I > ...

Microsoft Money Plus Premium Error message
When I try to install the program, I always get error message 0x10106018 reference memory @ 0x6c6e7764, memory cannot be read. How or what do I do to fix so I can install program Tom tom9253@frontiernet.net =?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0MTk2Nw==?= <topcat1967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 10 Feb 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > When I try to install the program, I always get error message > 0x10106018 reference memory @ 0x6c6e7764, memory cannot be read. > How or what do I do to fix so I can install program What version of Windows? Are you up to date on all your patches? ...

OFFICE MESSAGE
Good Morning I saved some outlook 2003 messages as .msg in various folders. When i try to open it from a MS Access 2003 program using Hyperlink i receive this message: Italian Version: MICROSOFT OFFICE Apertura in corso di PathFile\Nomefine.msg Alcuni files potrebbero contenere virus o danneggiare il computer. E' Importante assicurarsi che il file che si sta aprendo sia attendibile. <OK> <ANNULLA> (pulsanti) English Version : (more or less should be) MICROSOFT OFFICE Opening PathFile\Nomefine.msg Some files could contain virus or damage computer. Be sure the file is safe. &l...

5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons
ALL. has anybody seen this issue ? remote host said: 5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons. This is an error message i am getting from Messsagelabs and they say it is my exchange server. Ha, cointainer policy ??? thanks Ziggi Check through ClientNet if you are not allowed to send encrypted zip files, or possibly any other file attachements/types. This would generate this 5.5.0 Oliver "ziggibond" <ziggibond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F7D076-6D2D-40E1-B4BF-3E52C38A7BDC@microsoft.com... > ALL. has anybody seen this issue ? > &...

Updated KB: Error message when you print a publication that contains one or more text boxes with border art in Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];840343#appliesto -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

How to create a custom welcome msg for a new create mailbox?
I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody can give me a sample code?Thanks! Here is a very simple script from MS: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/smtpmail/mssmvb01.mspx Nue "Samuel" <Samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811F5927-7163-4382-A7CC-384AEC3BADBE@microsoft.com... >I know having to script.But I haven't such programming experience.Somebody > can give me a sample code?Thanks! Thanks for reply. Is there any method that send welcome msg auto by exchange when mailbox cr...

Recipient address rejected
Version: 2008 Whenever I send or collect new mail, a popop window appears right after successfully sending/receiving, saying that reciepient address rejected: need fully-qualified address. It also says that the email couldn't be sent in spite of the fact that it has been sent, and refers to the error as '-17099'. It started yesterday only. Hope you can help. ...

Annoying Message at Start Up
This is not an XP problem, but since there is no Windows 7, I'm going to ask it here. I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7. On start up, I got the message that I need to download Microsoft.net framework 2. I did so, but I continued to get the message. The next time I got it, I tried to download it again, but got the message that it is already on my computer. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02EB_01CA6A0C.A2FD1FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable loo...

Can't track message from outside to inside after enable message tracking on exchange 5.5
Dear, I am using a Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Window 2000 SP4 We would want to track all message for debug use. So, I have enable the message Tracking. After enable it, I find that it can track the information for send mail between internal and send mail from internal to external But can't tray the information from outside to internal mailbox. I have do below setting on my exchange server, Is there any missing on the setting. Hope anyone can give me some help 1) Information Store Site Configuration Properties --> General --> tick Enable message tracking box 2) MTA Site Configuration P...

Deleted Customer History
How do I recover a customer that was deleted in error by an employee? I need the data for historical purposes. Also, is there a way to see if other customers were deleted? -- Thanks, joel ...

Specify custom TraceListener in App.config
Greetings. I have overridden the WriteLine method of the TextWriterTraceListener in my own derived class: namespace IOIShared { public class TextWriterTraceListenerWithTime : System.Diagnostics.TextWriterTraceListener { public override void WriteLine(string message) { base.Write(DateTime.Now.ToString()); base.Write(" "); base.WriteLine(message); } } That compiles just fine. To go along with this, I use this App.config file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <system....

Can't delete e-mail messages
When I try to delete an e-mail message I get an error message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." After doing a Detect and Repair, restarting numerous times I still can't delete any e-mail messages. HELP!! I have the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? The only way I have been able to delete emails from the inbox is to use shift+delete. Dan Can you MOVE them to the Deleted Items folder? -- ____________________ Bill DeShawn office of Gregg B. Creighton, Architect bdeshawn@gbcarch.com http://my.sterling.n...

Forward Non-Delivery Reports for Message Size Limits.
I was wondering if it is impossible to have NDR's for inbound Message Size limits to be forwarded to the administrator. I have setup the process for that to happen but get everything except message size limits (after testing). Any help would be great! Sincerely, Mark ...

Your password was rejected!
I have just recently started migrating from Novell to Microsoft. In this move we went from GroupWise to Outlook Express 6. Now I am moving people over and I have come upon this problem about 20% of the time. When I get done setting the user up, pointing him to POP3 server, giving his E-Mail account and etc. I get this error message when I click send and recieve? (There was a problem logging on to your server. Your password was rejected. Account: 'hrc2003', Server: 'hrc2003', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon Failure', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,...

Message format and signatures in outlook
When I select "new" to start a message, the type of my signature block and the type I add to the message appears to be double spaced. I have tried everything to change it using the options offered under tools. When I highlight the test and got to format/paragraph it says it is single spaced. I can make it look single spaced by changing the spacing before and after....but I don't want to have to change the format on each email I write. When I respond to an incoming email it is singled spaced. Help!!!! ...

New messages going to Deleted Items
Hi. I have Outlook 2002 running on my Windows XP machine at home. I have it configured to access my Hotmail account. Whenever I receive a new message into Hotmail, it appears briefly in the Inbox, then moves itself automatically to Deleted Items (on the Hotmail server) before I can read it. This does not happen when I check Hotmail through their web site. This did not happen with my old Windows 98 machine. Also, while this is happening, the Inbox appears too small in the preview pane for a few seconds before expanding to fit the frame, which is when the email moves into Deleted ...