Rehome Public Folders from one E2K3 to another E2K3 server

Hi

We have just installed a new Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 and we
need to move all the data fra the old server running Exchange 2003, but we
are having some problems.

We can easily move each users mailbox but we can't get it to move the Public
Folders.
The new server is part of the same domain as the original E2K3 server.

All the documentation we have found on this subject informs us that we
should do the following:
1. Right click the first Public Folder and select Properties.
2. Select the Replication tab.
3. Add the server where the Public Folders should be moved to.
4. Press Apply and then OK.
5. Right click the same folder again and select All Tasks and then click the
Propagate Settings.
And this is were it all goes wrong, the Propagate Settings is not available,
it is present but I can't select it.

We have done the above steps on all the Public Folders that we want to
rehome to the new server but we don't get any further.

Best regards
Lasse Froberg
0
Lasse1451 (9)

Public folders #59
Hi All does anyone know if it is possible to export information from one Public Folder Calender into another public folder Calender on the same exchange 2003 server w On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:51:35 +0100, WMB <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote: >Hi All > >does anyone know if it is possible to export information from one Public >Folder Calender into another public folder Calender on the same exchange >2003 server > >w Sure, you could simply copy the contents between them using Outlook. ...

Discussion groups have "public" in them.
Why do some MS Discussion groups have "public" in them, and other don't? Thanks in advance. Also, can you provide me with a link to the "non-public" newsgroups? Thanks again. "sheana" wrote: > Why do some MS Discussion groups have "public" in them, and other don't? > Thanks in advance. "sheana" in <news:4A91E852-2E26-41FB-BE6F-1BE7DCFE874F@microsoft.com> wrote: > Why do some MS Discussion groups have "public" in them, and other don't? > Thanks in advance. That depends to which NNTP host you conn...

Understanding Rehoming Public Folders
Hey guys, need some clarification. Under Exchange 5.5 I have public folders replicating to Exchange 2003. The home server option to rehome the public folder under 5.5, by changing this to point to the 2003 server, it won't remove it from the 5.5 server will it?? you should read the article written by William Boswell Great approach http://msexchange911.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&topic=204.0 oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Mike" wr...

Public Variable
Hi Folks, I have a template in WORD 2K7 for which I would like to implement a public variable. I will use that variable to cause certain actions depending on the variable's value. Id est, I want to relocate to a specific bookmark within the document but only the first time a subroutine is called. For example, in the template I make use of a routine to throw a calendar on the form from which the user will select a date then push that date to the document. Once the date gets posted, I use the .Range method to reposition the pointer to another bookmark. I call th...

Exchange Server 5.5 Help #2
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector. Thank You leo7802@hotmail.com (Leo) wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather >than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is >off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with >internet mail connector. > >Thank You Out Of Office messages are c...

Folders not set to AutoArchive default.
All the Outlook folders on my system are set to "Do not archive items in this folder". Since I have hundreds of folders it is a tedious process going to each folder and changing the AutoArchive setting to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings". Is there a way to set all the folders to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" without having to do each one separately? Also, is there a way to set up Outlook so all new folders are created with the AutoArchive set to "Archive items in this folder using the default sett...

Exchange 2003
I have OL 2003 SP1 installed on my machine. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 I'm having problem viewing the public folder client permissions. It only shows the owner information instead, and even so, the permissions for owner are not the same as setup in 2003 using ESM. It showed either "reviewer" or "author" instead of owner! Some other clients in the organixation using the previous OL 2003 version (11.5608.5606). This OL 2003 client doesn't ahve problem with public folder client permissions. They can access those folders according to the permissi...

copying data validation to another workbook
am i able to copy my data validation cell that i created in one workbook over to a new excel file not associated with the original. I have no problem copying validation from one area to another within a workbook but can't seem to bring the validation commands over to a new file. Just select the column or range on which you are having the Data Validation and give Cntrl+C and Press Cntrl+N to open a new workbook or open the workbook on which do you want to paste the Data Validation. Now select the Column or Range of cells and do Right Click>>Paste Special>>select...

viewing folders
Is there a way to change the view of email folders, universally - across all folders, instead of having to open view and commands to change each one? I don't know why but the view of my folders changed. The from field disappeared, auto preview came on and preview pane was switched off. Now each time I open an existing folder I have to change the view. Please help. go to View, current view, customize, define views and modify the view by name, not 'current view'. This will apply to all folders using the same view. if you start outlook using the /cleanviews switch before ma...

Cannot Restore Folder in Outlook Express Windows 98
Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Identities (where all my other Outlook Express folders are located) using Windows Explorer. I also removed the read only designation. The folder and mail files appear in Windows Explorer now, but I cannot find them in Outlook Express. Can any one help me? Mary M wrote: > Somehow I deleted a folder in Outlook Express. I had it backed up > and tried to copy it from my backup CD to C:\WINDOWS\Application > Data\Identities (where all my other...

OWA
Hi all! Is there any chance to enable Reply, Reply To All, and Forward buttons in Public Folders in OWA? Thanx for any hint! -- R.V. You can do this in Exchange 2003 as long as you have a front-end server. IIRC, this is a new feature in Exchange 2003 and not available in previous versions. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Radovan Vojtek" <RadovanVojtek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B81446C-73C1-428B-80CC-119B4667C2C4@microsoft.com... > Hi all! > > Is there any chance to en...

Problem with public folders
We are running Exchange 2003. We cannot copy to or create puclic folders. Everyone group given full control permissions to public folders. Error states the the permissions are not valid. Any help or direction appreciated. Thanks Hi Sam, I would like to point you to couple of Kbarticle . http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313866&Product=exch2 003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330752&Product=exch2 003 This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Regards, Amit Mantri ...

Public folder Access #7
On my exchange 2003 server while i try to access public folder i get an error message "The object is no longer available.Press F5 to refresh to display and try again. ID NO:80040e19 Exchange system manager." On client there is an error message" Unable to display the folder. This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator for assistance." Based on the ID NO we have checked the number of settings such as 1) There is only 1 website configured (Virtual Server).The defaul...

concatenate several of record in a field to one record
Hi all, what is the best way to concatenate several of records from a field to 1 record? Duane Hookom (MVP) has previously (and many times) posted a generic concatenate function that may be what you seek: -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> Function Concatenate(pstrSQL As String, _ Optional pstrDelim As String = ", ") _ As String 'example 'tblFamily with FamID as numeric primary key 'tblFamMem with FamID, FirstName, DOB,... 'return a comma separated list of FirstNames 'for a FamID ' John, Mary, Sus...

Exchange 2003: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization" when sending to ONE INTERNAL user
We run Exchange 2003 in a WIndows 2000 domain. Most of our clients (including the problem user) use citrix, so the setup for individuals has little variation on basics such as Outlook 2003. We have a bizarre problem with just one user, in that sometimes when other (internal users) send to her email, they get this error: 'Jane Doe (jane.doe@ourcompany.com)' on 25/09/2007 12:34 The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <emailserver...

Administrator appears to have lost rights to change Public Folder permissions
A few weeks ago we had a major hardware failure on our PDC running SBS 2000. I ended up having to build a complete new server to run as the PDC, re-installing SBS 2000 and then restoring Exchange 2000's Mailboxes and Public Information store from an off-line backup. We had the normal issues like re-attaching mailboxes to the new user logins however everything appeared to be OK. I then decided to take this opportunity to add some new Top Level folders to the Public Folders section and re-organise things. However, on trying to create the new Top Level folders (through Outlook 2002) I...

Error : The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time
Dear all, I open a SQL table (connections via ODBC) and want to delete record. I can't delete the record because I get the following error : The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time What is the solution for this error ? Thanks. Chlaris ...

publication problems
I am trying to print a program agenda on 11x17 paper...it's showing me (print preview) that it is a 6 page document, however...when it prints, I get 2 blank pages inserted. How do I delete these? Are you trying to print it like a booklet? Two pages per side of paper? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C0D0F6F-2DFA-44AA-A8C4-427BA3C0494B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a program agenda on 11x17 paper...it's showing me ...

Public folder permissions after pfmigrate
Hi We are doing an Ex5.5 to 2003 migration. We've run pfmigrate and those users (a handful) whose mailboxes are on the new server are having problems accessing the replicated public folders. I think we have fallen foul of the permissions issue where the DLs get replicated as Universal Distribution Groups in AD, but the E2k store.exe process cannot convert them to Universal Security Groups (as it must do) in a mixed mode domain. There are event log entries about being unable to convert from one group type to another. My question of course is what can we do about it? Cheers Mike I jus...

transfering Outlook contacts from one computer to another
How do I transfer all Outlook contacts from my old desktop to my new laptop? go to FILE | EXPORT Choose Export to a file. Choose Personal Folder File (.pst) Click on your Contacts folder. (include subfolders if necessary) Name it something like contacts.pst in your doc folder. ( Choose Do not duplicate items) Copy the new .pst file to the laptop. Open Outlook. Go to FILE | IMPORT Choose Import from another program or file. Find the .pst and import. Do not import duplicates. Done. Kenny "Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079801c3dc61$893e0f...

Recover mailboxes/public folders without private/public stores #2
Here's the problem: The mailboxes and public folders are backed up; however, the actual priv.edb and pub.edb are not. Server crashed requiring complete rebuild. Is it possible to restore the mailbox/public folder data and reconstruct the pub/priv databases somehow? Pedro ...

Populate matching Data from another column into one
Hi - I hope that you can help me. I need to populate a column in my SQL table with information from other columns, where there is a specific match, and don't know how to do it. I'll keep the example small. If I had the following data: CostCentre Account Owner CoOwner 1111 A Lee Lee;John 1111 B John Lee;John 2222 A Mark NULL 2222 B Mark NULL 3333 A Bill NULL etc, etc I basically...

Making custom Outlook 2007 folders emptiable like "Deleted Items"
I want to create a "MyDumpster" subfolder under "Inbox" and have it offer the "Empty 'MyDumpster' Folder" option in the context menu appearing when I right-click it in the Navigation pane. I do not want to write a "Delete Folder" macro and bind it to a new menu button. Instead, I want the new folder to possess something akin to an "Emptiable" property similarly to the "Deleted Items" folder. How do I do this, please? Use the Application.FolderContextMenuDisplay() event. You will need to add a CommandBarButto...

Saving a journal in a public folder
Can someone please help me with an Outlook problem? I have a "Contacts" and a "Journal" folder in my "All Public Folders". All Public Folders resides on an exchange server. When I save a journal entry for a particular contact by opening a contact in my public contacts folder and go to actions and new journal entry for contacts. When I save the journal entry it gets saved in my local Journal folder. I want the journal to be saved in a public journal folder that resides in All Public Folders. Please Help. Thanks, Justin ...

changing folder inside CFileDialog
I have derived CMyFileDialog from CFileDialog. Defining the OnFolderChange I can handle CDN_FOLDERCHANGE void CMyFileDialog::OnFolderChange() { // Code to change folder } I can access the "look in" ComboBox (cmb2) and the list box that displays the contents of the current drive or folder (lst1). http://tinyurl.com/3lwoc How can I change the folder so that also the list box change its content? I tried with GetCurrentDirectory(), but obviuosly it doesn't work, neither cmb2 nor lst1 are graphically updated. Using SetCurSel on cmb2 the lst1 is not updated. I need that both ...