Redundant virtual server

We had some problems with mail delivery to external addresses that in the end
only got fixed by creating a new SMTP virtual server.

However, it seems all we can do with the original, Default, virtual server
is disable it. Assuming it was corrupt, and that's why we had problems, is it
not possible to delete it now it is redundant? I can't find the option
anywhere, or a corresponding answer elsewhere within the newsgroups.

Thanks
0
Ben1 (161)

redundant SMTP connectors
I have tried to setup 2 oputbound SMTP connectors with diferent costs, in the hope that if the least cost connector failed it would then use the higher cost connector. However this does not happen, and as far as I can gather the higher cost connector will never be used (when there is overlapping address space). I can add multple servers as bridgeheads in one connector to achieve redundancy, but would prefer to have control of a prefered outbound bridgehead and a backup outbound bridgehead. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks, Marcus Hey Marcus, ...

Redundant data?
This might be a stupid question but... How do i remove redundant or incoorect data? Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else? -- Kelly06 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kelly06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34655 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544213 Kelly06 wrote: > This might be a stupid question but... > How do i remove redundant or incoorect data? The delete key??? > > Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else? De...

POP Server
My ISP is Verizon FIOS and my situation is the following. I had a Email sub-account on Verizon which I recently deleted. When this account was active I had the POP feature activated and forwarded mail to my msn.com account. Since I deleted this VZ sub-account a pop-up keeps appearing on my laptop screen telling me to signin to a "incoming verizon.net server " for this deleted account. This popup appears to come from Windows 7 but I don't know how to stop it. I checked my verizon setup for POP and my primary account has it inactive. This is the only Email ac...

store and forward server
I need to bring my main server offline (it's the only exchange server with 15 users on it). I need to bring the server offline and wanted to know what's available (even a full working 30 day eval of something) that can store incoming mail and forward it when the server is back online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my lack of caffeine. Mike Brearley Your ISP will probably be able to provide a store & forward ser...

Requesting Data from Exchange server.....runs constantly
Within minutes of starting Outlook, it starts to request data from the Exchange server. Other than cancelling the request, which allows me to use Outlook for another 5 minutes before it pops up again, what is it trying to do and why does it never end? I have left it running for hours and there is no data received. Outlook 2002? Make sure Instant Messaging is *not* enabled (Tools/Options/Other). SueM >-----Original Message----- >Within minutes of starting Outlook, it starts to request >data from the Exchange server. Other than cancelling the >request, which allows me to u...

2003 Redundancy
Ok, currently end user is using SBS 2003. We are moving him away from the single server to 2 servers. We are using his current server and a new one with 2003 Standard and Exchange 2003. Not Enterprise, and clustering is not a budget feesable option. I need to ffind some way to keep a copy of the store on the secondary server in case of failure on the primary. It doesn't have to be up to the second, but at least up to the hour would be good. I already have figured for the rest of the file redundancy. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks, Jim This might help you .you have goto...

IOCTL_IEEE1394_API_REQUEST Adding and Opening Virtual Devices
Hello, I've been working on a WDF PnP driver which uses the IOCTL_IEEE1394_API_REQUEST with IEEE1394_API_ADD_VIRTUAL_DEVICE to add a virtual device. Assuming my driver is installed Windows will load it and it will create a device interface. My program then uses SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces and friends to find and open this handle. My problem is as follows. The first time a virtual device is created Windows takes a couple of seconds to delay-install the driver and create the interface. All subsequent uses of the virtual device after this are extremely quick. I want to know ...

Project Server Replication
We are currently maintaining an instance of Project Server and we have clients at another site that would like to have access to a subset of the data. The subset would be distinguished by security caveats that would indicate that those particular .mpp files would be acceptable to be accessed by that site. One of the solutions being proposed is that we replicate our Project Server at this other site, then have a real-time transaction process that determines that a file has been updated on either the primary or cloned Server and then sends a copy of that file to the other Ser...

virtual keyboard #2
Hi, I thank you for you helkp during my previous message. I think I am not far from solution but I am blocked by the following problem. The goal is to make a virtual numpad to my MFC application (visual C++ 6.0) I have tried to code this: in my dialog box (FORM) where I have field to fill, I have declared a non modal dialog box (NUMPAD) where I have several buttons corresponding to numbers 0 to 9. When the field gets the focus, I show the NUMPAD dialog box and I send it the CWnd pointer to the field. When I press button corresponding to a number , I give the focus to the field and I use ...

RPC Over HTPPS on FE Server with OWA #2
Hi, I have a front end owa server configured as a OWA server using SSL (with a custom made certificate). Can I also utilise this server and the same certificate to make it run rpc over https as well? Thanks in advance. ...

Web Server & Exchange Server
Hello, here is our setup: Box 1: Domain 1 Win NT 4.0 (being upgraded next month) Exchange Server 5.5 sp4 (also being upgraded) Box 2: Domain 2 Win 2000 IIS with SMTP Virtual Server Here's the situation. On our web server, we have several instances where .asp is used to generate an email message and deliver it. When sending an email to an "outside recipient" it works fine. When we try to send an email from our .asp page on our web server to our "real domain" which resides on Box 1, the message doesn't go through. We get an event log on Box 2 saying :srvc: ...

Have URL and Web Server, but can't publish to web from Publisher 2
I have a website already, that I published and put to the web through Publisher 2000. With the 2003 version though I cannot send my completed website to the net. After entering the filename I am prompted for my Bigpond username & password. I have entered these correctly...but the Bigpond prompt keeps coming up. Is there a setting that I need to change ? I have tried uploading without my firewall, but the result is the same. I have put this question to Bigpond as well, and am waiting for my reply. Thanks for any help this thread has moved to appropriate forum. David Bartosik ...

Problem copying some files from virtual PC
I am running MS Virtual PC v5.3.582.27 on a Windows XP Pro SP3 system. On the virtual PC, I am running a second instance of Windows XP Pro SP3. I use this to test new software installations, because if something goes wrong the consequences are minimal. I use file sharing between these two systems, and frequently copy a setup file from one system to the other. Occasionally when I try to do this, a file won't copy and I get this error message: "Cannot copy file so-and-so: Access is denied. Make sure the disc is not full or write protected and that the file is not curren...

importing XML doc into SQL Server
Hello, I am trying to import an XML document into SQL Server. I have tried DTS, bulk loading into SQL server and anything else I can think of... The only thing that has worked slightly is : Dim objSQLConn As New SqlConnection(Constants.ConnectionString) Dim objAdapter As SqlDataAdapter Dim objDataRow, objDBRow As DataRow Dim objDSXML As New DataSet() Dim child As Xml.XmlNode Dim objDSDBTable As New DataSet("tblStandardstest") Dim ObjCmdBuilder As SqlCommandBuilder objDSXML.ReadXml("c:/inetpub/wwwroot/olpt7/ACH_STATE_SUBJECT_Ohio_2001_Engli sh.xml") objSQLConn.Open(...

Can we access SQL Server 2008 R2 Database Engine with other Management Studio ?
I just install SQL Server 2008 R2 Database and try to access from other machine with SQL Server 2005 / SQL Server 2008 Management Studio but not successful. I would like to know whether it is possible to access SQL Server 2008 R2 database via previous release client ? I have started SQL Browser and enabled all Network Protocol, is there anything being missed out ? Thanks Although I haven't tried it yet I am pretty sure it is possible but not all features will be supported. Did you get an error? If so what was the error? -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality ...

Using Access as Data Source for Report Server
Does anyone have any experience using Access with report server (SQL Server 2005)? I can't find much on the Report Server boards. I can link using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB 4.0 in my connection string and I can see the tables, but none of the columns. I think it may be due to the security on my Access DB. (The instructions I have say to use "Admin" as user name and leave the password blank.) The .mdw file sits on a different drive altogether. How much do I have to open up my Access db to be able to link it? Thanks for your help or any direction you can give me. With Access tryin...

pop3 server
When i open outlook 2000 i get a setup wizard and it asks for a pop3 server and an outgoing stmp server. i don't know what those are. These details are supplied by yr ISP They are required if you have an ISP email account, as opposed to a web mail account David "newell" <newellbaxter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:060901c35e4f$1c50f1c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When i open outlook 2000 i get a setup wizard and it asks > for a pop3 server and an outgoing stmp server. i don't > know what those are. ...

Why can get the virtual function address by using this way?
Hello all: Look: class A { public: virtual void dspa()=0; }; class B { public: virtual void dspb()=0; }; class AB:public A,public B { public: virtual void dspa() { cout<<"A Class"<<endl; } virtual void dspb() { cout<<"B Class"<<endl; } } void main() { AB obj; A *pa; B *pb; pa=&obj; pb=&obj;//I think it must get by this��pb=(B*)((char*)&obj+4); } Because the class AB has two vptr,and pb is on the second vptr,but why can do:pb=&obj to get the address?Thanks very much. On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 17:40:24 +0800, "Lee ...

Agent issue w/ DPM 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ Hyper-V
I've installed the DPM 64-bit client on a Win 2008 R2 server w/ Hyper-V (using manual installation) that is not a DC, and is in the same domain as the DPM server. When I try to use SetDPMServer, using 3 formats for server name: NetBIOS name alone, FQDN style, and domain-qualified, I get failures each time. In the domain-qualified case it's an "RPC server is unavailable", in the other cases it's an 0x80004005 "Unspecified error". I've disabled the firewall internally (I can ping the DPM server), and I've confirmed that the DPM server is i...

Redundant folders?
We just upgraded from old computers running Win2K & Office 2000 to new computers running WinXP and Office 2007. When I went to move my Outlook.pst files, I did a search on the new (WinXP/Office 2007) machines for Outlook.pst and discovererd that they were in: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Microsoft\Outlook I was surprised at the "redundant" last two subfolders. On the old (Win2K/Office 2000) machines, the pst files are in the same path except for the last two subfolders: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrat...

Multiple Instances of HQ Server?
A new client of mine has two HQ databases hosted on their main server. They have several remote stores of two differnt types. One type sells themed clothing and the other sells outdoor gear. The server is running one instance of HQ Server and a workstation is running another instance of HQ Server. Each are using different port numbers. One type of store connects to the server, and the other type of store connects to the workstation. As far as licensing goes, they have several dongles and are operating legally. It makes me uncomfortable for a workstation to be hosting a vital link for the...

OWA In Windows Server 2000
I have a Windows 2000 Server running Exchange. I would like to setup Outlook Web Access using https instead of http. I didn't see an option to use https. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks To setup SSL for OWA you will have to decide if you want to use Private Cert or Public Cert. Once decided, then you can configure SSL for OWA. Here are two well written articles that explains both Private and 3rd party cert configuration, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL-Enabling-OWA-2003-Using-Free-3rdParty-Certificate.html http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_...

Not enough virtual memory
Using Office 2000 and extensive use of Excel for mailing list. Very slow and telling me not enough virtual memory. Anyone know how I can expand virtual memory so I can run my workbook? Hi VA! For optimizing speed, I'd suggest you take a look at the Charles Williams website and especially: http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm Virtual Memory manipulation is an operating system setting so for increasing Virtual Memory you might try: Start...

SMTP
Is there any way to NOT have to run SMTP on the Exchange server and some how connect internet mail to the Exchange MTA? We had a recent incident where the SMTP service died. It was installed on the same box. no error in system/application log. make a long story short, it appears that it was adversely affected by an upgrade of GFI Mail Security 9.0. My question is: how can I make several SMTP servers outside the exchange box to handle redundant SMTP mail delivery? I don't want to seem like an idiot: But the gist is: Can SMTP be removed from the Exchange box to another and have some...

How to connect to public server
Emory has a server for patients. When you open Explorer, there is a welcome screen with a "button" at the bottom that takes you a TOS screen with an "agree" button. You are then required to enter an email address. Is there any way to have this done automatically ...