Redundant exchange services

Our primary exchange data HD has failed, and I am trying to activate the
2ndary exchange server, but everytime I try to configure Outlook it always
picks up the original server. I am missing something in the transfer. I have
lost all of my mailboxes and just need the server online to receive email
0
Wayne (81)

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:16:02 -0700, Wayne
<Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Our primary exchange data HD has failed, and I am trying to activate the
>2ndary exchange server, but everytime I try to configure Outlook it always
>picks up the original server. I am missing something in the transfer. I have
>lost all of my mailboxes and just need the server online to receive email

What are you trying to do?
Why aren't you recovering the primary server?

0
mark7219 (5667)

Prolems with Exchange Server
We have Outlook 2003 on client computers connected to Small Business Server 2003. We originally had the email configured on Outlook for our ISP's POP server. Now, however, on one computer it tries to connect to Exchange Server. It cannot log on to Exchange Server, and it cannot open the default mail files, so Outlook shuts down. So we can't get into Outlook on that machine. We can configure email accounts in Control Panel/users/email settings, but all attempts to get back to the POP email configuration don't change the behavior of not being able to enter Outlook because i...

Exchange 2003 public folder permissions
In the exchange system manager (even on the server) we cannot make any changes to the public folders When you right click on them you get an access denied. I have made changes to the permission up one level with no success Any ideas on how to reset the permissions. ...

Microsoft Clustering on Exchange 2003 #2
We have been running two MS Clusters on Exchange 2003 for about a year now and we have never benefited from the redundancy. To the contrary we have actually had a significant amount of down time due to the cluster failing over when it shouldn't or becoming unstable. (The configuration is one active node and one standby server in the cluster.) The real kicker here is the convergence time. I was familiar with Linux clusters that take a few seconds to fail over, so you can imagine my surprise when the Exchange cluster can take up to 10 minutes to fail over! The MS consultant who was helpin...

Exchange Server Unavailable
I have one and only one user that gets an "Exchange Server is Unavaialble Message" when he sends a link or page by email. Basically, whenever an external program needs to access Outlook he gets that message. He has to close down Outlook, close the program that was accessing it, and try again. It works when he does this. I set his send and receive to be about a minute. This seemed to work in that the message doesn't come up as often. But it still comes up. Any ideas? ...

telnet to exchange server not available from FW-1 (nokia box)
Here's the scenario; have a win2k server, exch 5.5, sp4... trying to get checkpoint fw-1 (nokia box) to do mail alerts, but times out, when we try to telnet from fw-1 to exchange box, denies it... but any windows box can? where and what can i check to fix this? any help, please.... AL By denies it, are you saying the Exch box rejects your connection or just times out? ip restrictions on the IMS? Check the fw logs as well and make sure Checkpoint is allowing port 25 out from itself to your exch box. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:43:15 -0500, FOAD <ascs_99@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

Hyperthreading Exchange
Greetings, We have an Windows 2000/Exchange 5.5 SP5 Dell Poweredge server that has dual 2.4Ghz processors that are Hyperthreading enabled. This is by default. Is there any benefit to disabling hyperthreading? We are not having any problems with the server but was just curious is there is a performance hit with hyperthreading enabled. Shih There is most definitely NOT a performance hit from having hyperthreading enabled. Conversely, there will be a performance GAIN by having HT enabled. While HT does not equate to a doubling of processors (although it will appear to the system as y...

Exchange ActiveSynch problems
This has been working wonderfully until recently when users are complaining that when they do a synch they don't get their calendar information. I myself don't have this problem but many users (with different devices) are reporting this. We are running Exchange 2003 fully patched. The users get their mail but not calendar info. No errors are reported on the devices or the server that I can find. Any suggestions as to where to begin to track down this problem? TIA Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote: >This has been working wonderfully until recently when users are...

Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003 Mixed Environment For CRM
Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange mail routing for CRM.) My question is this. In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'. What process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role / install do we use for the Exchange 2...

redundant SMTP connectors
I have tried to setup 2 oputbound SMTP connectors with diferent costs, in the hope that if the least cost connector failed it would then use the higher cost connector. However this does not happen, and as far as I can gather the higher cost connector will never be used (when there is overlapping address space). I can add multple servers as bridgeheads in one connector to achieve redundancy, but would prefer to have control of a prefered outbound bridgehead and a backup outbound bridgehead. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this with Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks, Marcus Hey Marcus, ...

Redundant data?
This might be a stupid question but... How do i remove redundant or incoorect data? Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else? -- Kelly06 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kelly06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34655 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544213 Kelly06 wrote: > This might be a stupid question but... > How do i remove redundant or incoorect data? The delete key??? > > Also to find trends would you use charts or somthing else? De...

Exchange 2003- whos right, the documentation or the product?
I have set my pop3 connector to route undeliveral pop3 mail to my inbox, as the documentations says, but any mail that can not be delivered is returned to sender with a 5.1.1 error?. My exchange documentation states that bbc is not supported in pop3 connector using the global mailbox - my exchange server does!, and the documentation sates that any mail delivered through pop3 must match the mail box username i.e for chris@widgets.com to be delivered i need to have a mailbox named chris - i have a number of e-mail addresses in my mailbox, confused@techxel.co.uk now beinmg another, and m...

2003 Redundancy
Ok, currently end user is using SBS 2003. We are moving him away from the single server to 2 servers. We are using his current server and a new one with 2003 Standard and Exchange 2003. Not Enterprise, and clustering is not a budget feesable option. I need to ffind some way to keep a copy of the store on the secondary server in case of failure on the primary. It doesn't have to be up to the second, but at least up to the hour would be good. I already have figured for the rest of the file redundancy. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks, Jim This might help you .you have goto...

Site connector between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003
Hi, Can I run a site connector between an Exchange 5.5 server and an Exchange 2003 server. Basically what we want is to have Site A running Exch 5.5 (NT4) and receiving all the mail from the internet and site B running Exch 2003 receiving all its mail from Site A. Is this environment possible? Many thanks, Al Sure, you will have to bootstrap it though. Its not the most clean of environments but it can certainly work. Check out: 300129 XADM: How to Establish Mail Flow and Directory Replication Between http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300129 -- Dan Winter, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Suppo...

Exchange 5.5 OWA and GAL
I know I've read on this site before about a third party tool that allows Exchange 5.5 OWA users access to the GAL. Does anyone know where I can find that product?? Thanks. Emily There's a link to a few options: http://www.slipstick.com/exs/owa.htm >-----Original Message----- >I know I've read on this site before about a third party >tool that allows Exchange 5.5 OWA users access to the >GAL. Does anyone know where I can find that product?? > >Thanks. > >Emily >. > ...

USA Exchanges Today.com
We publish daily news summaries on all US Exchanges. www.USAExchangesToday.com regards, Editor USAExchangesToday ...

MS Exchange and graylisting
Hi! First of all I'd like to sorry for my english hovewer please help me if you can. I've got problem with sending emails from accounts in MS Exchange to the another free mail serwer which uses graylisting... In smtp log I have standard output according to graylisting on outbound server: OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MAILSERVER - 25 - - 450+4.7.1+try +again+later+[0400.-1]+ 0 0 207 0 2375 SMTP - - - - OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MAILSERVER - 25 RSET - - 0 0 4 0 2375 SMTP - - - - OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MAILSERVER - 25 - - 250+2.0.0+Reset +processed,+now+wai...

Exchange 5.5 queue
My 'outbound messages awaiting delivery' queue keeps filling up with messages, immediately after I clear it almost. Most of the domains are silly ones, like 80-20.net, bkkmail.com, but the originator shows <> I've already confirmed relay isn't open, and I disabled auto reply to the Internet. How can I tell what machine is sending these out, sounds like a possible virus? NDRs sent by your server. No virus, not relays. -- hth, SusanV "Scott Saldana" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O1M23QpuDHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > My 'outb...

Deploying Exchange server 2003 administrator tools on an exchange
Hi all, I'm posting this question here because I do not know very much exchange... There is an known problem using an old version of exmerge wich is stated in this document : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872947 . Unfortunately, I've recently runned into this exact problem and althought the solution looks quite simple (deploy exchange 2003 administrator tools, then replace exmerge.exe) I am not sure about the stability. To be a little more precise, I'd like to know if you already deployed the exchange 2003 administrator tools on an exchange 2000 s...

How to Deliver to multiple exchange mailboxes.
Hi. Im new on Outlook and Exchange. Could someone tellme how or where can i find information about howto configure Outlook to receive emails from several web email accounts from Internet and deliver to their respective local mailboxes on Exchange Server. Im the only one who has access to Internet, and I have access to several web emails accounts. sistemas@evacolors.com, ventas@evacolors.com, compras@evacolors.com And Id like to deliver the new mails received on those accounts to to their local email account respectively. Web Email Exchange mailboxes siste...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

Redundant folders?
We just upgraded from old computers running Win2K & Office 2000 to new computers running WinXP and Office 2007. When I went to move my Outlook.pst files, I did a search on the new (WinXP/Office 2007) machines for Outlook.pst and discovererd that they were in: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Microsoft\Outlook I was surprised at the "redundant" last two subfolders. On the old (Win2K/Office 2000) machines, the pst files are in the same path except for the last two subfolders: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrat...

SMTP
Is there any way to NOT have to run SMTP on the Exchange server and some how connect internet mail to the Exchange MTA? We had a recent incident where the SMTP service died. It was installed on the same box. no error in system/application log. make a long story short, it appears that it was adversely affected by an upgrade of GFI Mail Security 9.0. My question is: how can I make several SMTP servers outside the exchange box to handle redundant SMTP mail delivery? I don't want to seem like an idiot: But the gist is: Can SMTP be removed from the Exchange box to another and have some...

exchange between two domains
Hi.. I have a windows 2000 advanced server domain with sp 4 and exchange 2000 with sp3 my users use windows xp. i made a new child domain like "child.main.com" and i installed the exchange server on the same machine...now using the dial up connection i managed to creat users in active directory and see the address book, my problem is that all users in the child domain can send messages to the users in the main domain but they can't recieve any message from the main domain. can anyone tell me where i went wrong. thanks for your help. samer in main domain user recieve any ND...

Exchange #2
Hello is there any way if i can find out if someone is using ou exchange for sending emails? I ask of this because we keep gettin funny emails to our admin inbox where people are asking for us to sto sending the hoax emails. I am using Exchange 5.5. I would be entrirely grateful if you could help Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Restore Exchange 2007 AD config
Hi there, I'm currently setting up a test-lab which will be used by several parties using VMware. This test-lab needs to be setup using an existing test-forest, because a lot of interfacing products (exchange 2003, enterprise vault etc) are all setup in there. I would realy like to restore Exchange 2007 back to its initial setup after certain test activities. This was what I was thinking: Before testing: - create snapshots of vm's. - backup exchange part of configuration partition. - using a script to create test ou with users and mailboxes. After testing - use script to remove ...