redirecting OWA default website

Can anyone tell me of any possible drawbacks in the future of configuring
the default website for OWA to automatically redirect to the /exchange
virtual directory?

for some reason typing /exchange to the OWA url was an issue, so I was asked
to make http://mail.mydomain.com automatically redirect so OWA would load
normally then.

I did this a while ago and it works fine, but I just wanted to make sure it
wouldn't cause any headaches in the future.

Todd

"Todd Seagraves" <nospam_todd.seagraves@gbe.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me of any possible drawbacks in the future of configuring
> the default website for OWA to automatically redirect to the /exchange
> virtual directory?
>
> for some reason typing /exchange to the OWA url was an issue, so I was
> asked to make http://mail.mydomain.com automatically redirect so OWA would
> load normally then.
>
> I did this a while ago and it works fine, but I just wanted to make sure
> it wouldn't cause any headaches in the future.
>

> Todd

It will only cause a problem if you want to publish any other Virtual
Directories under the Default Web Site.  You will be able to add and see
them in Internet Services Manager, but Exchange will not let anyone access
them from a browser.  You would then have to add another Web Site.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee

How to make a .XLTM template file default to save as .XLSM type?
I have a Excel 2007 macro-enabled template (.XLTM) which I use regularly. Whenever I open this template then use save or save as to create a new file the default workbook type of .XLSX is selected instead of .XLSM. How can I change the default behaviour for this template to automatically select a .XLSM format in the "Save As" dialog wihtout changing it for every document as happens by using the 'Excel Options>>Save>>Save Files in this Format' drop down box. Cheers Perhaps some code in ThisWorkbook module of the Template; Private Sub Workbook_B...

IIS cutting off OWA access
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C59814.0FD28570 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have Exchange 2003 running on several 2003 servers in our = organization. About once a week now I get a call that our OWA is down. I = discovered it was because the firewall address that everyone comes in = through to the OWA server was somehow added to the "IP address and = domain name restrictions" denied IP list of that server's IIS. This = seems to be happening automatically. Is this...

Resourse scheduling and OWA
I have set up mailboxes for our meeting rooms and have them set to automatically book the room from a meeting request. This works with outlook. From OWA I was getting an error that I did not have rights to send to that account, so I enabled the anonymous and gave it author rights, no the email request goes to the mailbox, but it does not autobook the room. What can I do??? ...

OWA ,5.5 sp4
We are having some strange problems with our OWA Exchange5.5sp4. We could not get emails through it from the internet. Has anybody had this problem before. Please Help. Thanks. Thanks for the reply. It works fine from within outlook. However, if you use the browser via OWA this is the error that you get "Error ASP 0115" Atrappable error occured in an external object. The script cannot continue running" Any idea? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Are there any error messages? Does it still work fine when accessing mailboxes through Outlook? Is there mail in t...

Redirecting
Anyone know how to create a file which when opened by Excel 2003 causes it to redirect itself and open a second (csv) file? I know how to get a web browser to do this using http-equiv="REFRESH" but cannot do it within Excel. Many thanks T You can have a macro that in the first workbook that opens the .CSV file and then closes itself: Option Explicit Sub auto_Open() Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\my documents\excel\book1.csv" ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://...

OWA Link redirect issue
I send emails to my exchange server users to view using OWA. if I hyperlink sites that are available in and out of my domain but reside on the same server i get an error.for example, If a user clicks on a hyperlinks in a email within OWA they redirect correctly. say a hyperlink to www.yahoo.com works fine but when I click a link to my own external domain home.dllw.com it fails with a HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden page. here is the link: 1. https://home.dllw.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://home.dllw.com I have followed microsofts kb 817312 and I have a dns record to resolve the home.dllw.c...

smart card logon and OWA
We're planning to implement a smart card based windows logon in conjunction with certificate services. To enforce the use of a smart card, the AD account option "smart card is required for interactive logon" is enabled. But this option seems to break the OWA logon. Is it possible to use this option and OWA? Workaround? We're using Exchange 2003 and USB Tokens from Aladdin. TIA Patrik ...

Exchange Server 2003 OWA Question
Hi There - we are running MS Small Business Server 2003 and using Exchange Server 2003. In the past when a user logged onto OWA, they were NOT required to enter the domain name. They would just enter their user name and password and then when clicking log in or enter, the domain name would automatically populate into the user name field and log the user on. Yesterday, I applied Exchange Server 2003 SP-1 and now when a user logs in using OWA, they are required to enter the domain name, i.e. DOMAIN/USERNAME. Does anyone know how to change this setting so that it will automatically populate? ...

how can I change edit-find defaults in excel?
Want to cgange edit-find defaults from Search 'by rows' to Search 'by columns'. Anyone knwo how to make this default change? TIA Ken Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1")...

Change default for opening Outlook 2007
I don't want to go into the inbox when opening Outlook. I want to go into the calendar. I searched and found Microsoft's suggestion at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347711033.aspx but I kept getting an error that the target I had typed was not valid. How can I go directly into the Calendar portion of Outlook without going into the inbox? Start Outlook and then select Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options button | Browse button to set what folder you want Outlook to show first when starting. "marriedhsdad" <marriedhsdad@discussion...

OWA Query
I have a single Exchange 2003 server in our main site. It's running 2003 OWA and I'm planning on swapping our external webmail URL from the 5.5 OWA to the 2003 OWA once all our users in the main site are migrated. I also have a small remote site running Exchange 5.5. Currently users in that site can use the 5.5 OWA URL at our main site and access their mail. I know they won't be able to do this when the 2003 OWA goes live, so I have 2 choices: 1) upgrade their site to 2003 2) setup a new/separate 5.5 OWA site for their site and take my time upgrading them If I do #1 and...

Setting Outlook 2007 as the default RSS reader
I figured out the key that i need to set. it is hkcr\feed\shell\open\command. However i dont know what argument to add to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe" to make the feed get added into outlook. Any ideas? ...

how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites?
how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites? Hello! > how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed > along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other > sites? What do you mean by "redirecting traffic"? Linking to a certain page? The page, the user came from can be read from the Referer-Header. For example: User clicks on a link on the page http://example.org/a.html wich leads to http://example.org/b.aspx - s...

changing book1 default
Hello everybody How can I find and change the book1.xls defaults? Changing the font or the page defaults. Thanx Yoa -- yoa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yoav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1457 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 go to Tools - Options. you can change the default font at the Genera tab. could not understand what you meant by page default -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra'...

Anonymous Public Folder Access via OWA
I need to have an individual access a public folder calendar via OWA but do not want to setup an account for him. Is it possible to set permission such that this is possible? Thanks in advance. -- IT Manager Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra Hi Greg, don�t even think about that. You have to open your system to wide. cheers, Andy "Greg Starr" <GregStarr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B1F5D07A-3DAF-4574-B9CF-EAB2015F5A8E@microsoft.com... >I need to have an individual access a public folder calendar via OWA but do > not want to setup an account f...

Comment box defaults
Can I change the comment box default font and stop it inserting my name in each box? Peter delete user name from the tools > options > general > delete user name from the tools > options > general and replace with a space To change the default font size (Note: this will change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs) -- Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type he...

OWA Change password webpage : How to edit ?
Hi, How to edit the OWA "Change Password" webpage because I would like the "Domain" and the " Account" will be automatically added in the input box based on the current user logon. Is it possible ? or how to automatically added in the "Domain" value ? What or where is the file ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:28:06 +0800, "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote: >Hi, > >How to edit the OWA "Change Password" webpage because I would like the >"Domain" and the " Account" will be...

Change password in OWA #2
When I click the button to change my password in Outlook Web Access, the proper page won't open and an error "The page cannot be displayed" is shown. I searched support.microsoft.com and found this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;301428 After trying this, it still didn't work. Who can help me with this problem ? Thanx Arthur Louwerse The one you saw doesn't quite cover it all. Do this and it will work. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;268419 >-----Original Message----- >When I click the button to change my pas...

Certain groups have "Send as" permission applied by default?
I just performed a clean install of Windows Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 on a new test domain. I have been examining the ACE's on default and new user object that I am creating in the directory and I'm finding that the following groups have the "Send As" permission: Administrators Domain Admins Enterprise Admins Account Operators As user accounts are created, these groups are given "Full" access to the object. The rights are not inherited. It seems to me that this constitutes a security risk. I do not want users in any of those groups, especially Accoun...

OWA Attachments #7
Hello, I know it`s possible to set a policy to attachments but is it possible to set them for specific users? I have seen owa 2007 can do it but is it possible in owa 2003? Thnx, Jos I don't believe this is possible within Exchange itself. Per user segmentation has some functionality but not control of attachments. In general (all users) you can control/block attachments: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555001/en-us Per user segmentation: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833340 AM "Josvds" <josvds@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168511535.528779.77080@i39g2000h...

mailbox redirect URGENT
Hi, Wilma has just take out power in our US office in Boca :-( I have a couple of people who really need email. I said we should have moved their email boxes before, but people seemed to think they were too large. So here's my setup... I have a frontend server here in the UK which receives all mail for my company and then either delivers to boca or here in the UK. I have setup a new user for one of the users and given him the email aliases that he had on his other mail box and told it to create the email box on our server here in the UK, but so far, the mail box doesn't seem...

counter on owa 2003
Hi guys, I need to monitor the number of users who are connected to the service and the number of mails that are read. Can someone tell me about counters that do this job? Thanks ..yo.mo. ...

OWA wants to install 'MIME Edit binary behaviour'
Today I got a pop-up upon logging in to Outlook Web Access (FE is exch2k3 sp2 on Win2k3 sp 1) that says that it wants to install the add-on: 'MIME Edit binary behaviour.' It has the publisher listed as 'Microsoft Corporation (unverified publisher).' I did a quick google search and found a reference to mimectl.dll but cannot find any information on Microsoft site pertaining to .dll Can anybody tell me: 1) What it is? 2) Why it's come up today? Recent changes to server: Installed the ActiveSync support pack a while back but just got it working a couple days ago. Recent...

Disabling Win.Integrated Auth for OWA
My customer is on Exchange 2003 and wanted to type just "user" instead of "domain\user" to logon to OWA. Eventhough BASIC AUTH - default domain was entered in 3 VD's (Exchange, ExchWeb, Public) it still required user to enter their name in "domain\user" format. They had both Basic & Windows Integrated enabled and so I DISABLED WIN.INTEGRATED and now it works fine! They can simply enter "user" without domain name. My questions about this are: 1. Are there any downsides to disabling Win.Integrated that I should be considering? e.g. less secur...

folder redirection
Dear ALL We had migrate the file server which was using the folder redirection one of its drive . The group policy of Folder Redirection is modified with new server's name. The problem is that the Desktops have still the old server's entry & try to sync & shows on task bar as off line. Pl. suggest me any registry editing to remove the entry to solve the issue Regards gaurav -- gaurav_abbot ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gaurav_abbot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141088.htm View this thread: ht...