Redirect an account

Hi

I have a user who uses exchange only for the calendar so I need to make all
the mail that gets to that account go to another address

The first thing I tryed was to create a contact just like the other users I
have in the same case

However with this partiular user the contact does not work
I have checked the email adresses he has and ht has an smtp address that
does not exist
He has a contact   and the contact has the correct address does not seem to
work because exchange keeps "intercepting" the mail

I have tried this configuration may times and has always worked except with
this users so

1.- Is there a way to redirect e-mail?? if so how?

2.- Any Ideas why the contact is not working?

Thanxs

0
ardillapaw (18)

Auto-forwards to the Internet are most likely blocked ( a good thing).
Follow this KB to set this up:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281926

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:19:15 -0500, "Jes�s Gutierrez"
<ardillapaw@msn.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a user who uses exchange only for the calendar so I need to make all
>the mail that gets to that account go to another address
>
>The first thing I tryed was to create a contact just like the other users I
>have in the same case
>
>However with this partiular user the contact does not work
>I have checked the email adresses he has and ht has an smtp address that
>does not exist
>He has a contact   and the contact has the correct address does not seem to
>work because exchange keeps "intercepting" the mail
>
>I have tried this configuration may times and has always worked except with
>this users so
>
>1.- Is there a way to redirect e-mail?? if so how?
>

>2.- Any Ideas why the contact is not working?
>

>Thanxs

0
adavid (8731)
8/14/2004 6:57:42 PM
Thanxs a lot =)

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> escribi�
en el mensaje news:mtnsh0d67j1bdjj09h81u7hs53ns6uhl3i@4ax.com...
> Auto-forwards to the Internet are most likely blocked ( a good thing).
> Follow this KB to set this up:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281926
>

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:19:15 -0500, "Jes�s Gutierrez"
> <ardillapaw@msn.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >I have a user who uses exchange only for the calendar so I need to make
all
> >the mail that gets to that account go to another address
> >
> >The first thing I tryed was to create a contact just like the other users
> >have in the same case
> >
> >However with this partiular user the contact does not work
> >I have checked the email adresses he has and ht has an smtp address that
> >does not exist
> >He has a contact   and the contact has the correct address does not seem
> >work because exchange keeps "intercepting" the mail
> >
> >I have tried this configuration may times and has always worked except
with
> >this users so
> >
> >1.- Is there a way to redirect e-mail?? if so how?
> >

> >2.- Any Ideas why the contact is not working?
> >

> >Thanxs

0
ardillapaw (18)

How do I update table with new incrementing ids per each account
I have a table with AcctNo, SecurityName, otherfields. I need to update this table with a new field that would indicate for each AcctNo row the number of SecurityName. for example: ACCTNO NEWFIELD SECURITYNAME 10021 1 IBM 10021 2 SEARS 10022 1 MICROSOFT 10022 2 RIMM 10022 3 GMC Is there a function that can do this? I would appreciate any help. On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:00:01 -0700, Jose G Morales <JoseGMorales@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table ...

new account
I have not used my money account for about 8 months. I want to start completly over. I have tried, by creating a new passport account. Its getting me nowhere. I don't want to delete files one be one. Do I have any options?? All of my account info has changed. In microsoft.public.money, Leah wrote: >I have not used my money account for about 8 months. I >want to start completly over. I have tried, by creating >a new passport account. Its getting me nowhere. I don't >want to delete files one be one. Do I have any >options?? All of my account info has ...

Accounting Integration
Please help!!! We upgraded to SBA 2007 and lost our ability to post batches from RMS 1.3. Microsoft suggested upgrading to RMS 2.0, which we aren't in a position to do so. There is no utility we've found to integrate the two together, like SBA 2006 had. Called Microsoft and there's not even a way to import a simple excel/csv file into SBA 2007. To top it off, Quickbooks 2007 works fine with the RMS postings, but we can't export the info out of SBA 2007 back to quickbooks. ANy help would be appreciated. Ideally at this point, we're so frustrated with the Microsoft SBA...

Redirecting
Anyone know how to create a file which when opened by Excel 2003 causes it to redirect itself and open a second (csv) file? I know how to get a web browser to do this using http-equiv="REFRESH" but cannot do it within Excel. Many thanks T You can have a macro that in the first workbook that opens the .CSV file and then closes itself: Option Explicit Sub auto_Open() Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\my documents\excel\book1.csv" ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://...

OWA Link redirect issue
I send emails to my exchange server users to view using OWA. if I hyperlink sites that are available in and out of my domain but reside on the same server i get an error.for example, If a user clicks on a hyperlinks in a email within OWA they redirect correctly. say a hyperlink to www.yahoo.com works fine but when I click a link to my own external domain home.dllw.com it fails with a HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden page. here is the link: 1. https://home.dllw.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://home.dllw.com I have followed microsofts kb 817312 and I have a dns record to resolve the home.dllw.c...

renamed account
I have a user who had to be renamed (married). After the account is renamed everything works fine but if I use Outlook 2003 to send the user an email. When I put in their new name in the TO field - their old name shows up in <carrots> in the TO field behind the new name. I have tried creating a new outlook profile. This happens in my test lab and my production network. I have Exchange 2003 SP1. Any ideas? Create her a new SMTP address and make it the primary. Keep her old one for about a month so people can get used to the new one. Or simply just change the display name fo...

using money for my school PTO account
Please help me use my new money program in the manner which best suits the reporting needs of my PTO. I need to record budget amounts. As I write checks, I would like the program to deduct those expenses from my budget categories to get a budget/actual report in order to find out how much we are spending and what remains in each category. I entered my categories, but I am unable to enter values to those categories. I do not want to enter income totals. I would like to track our fundraisers separately. I simply want to enter our proposed budget amounts, and track how our expense...

how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites?
how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other sites? Hello! > how to detect who redirects traffic to a aspx page? is this info passed > along in request object or can sites anonymously redirect traffic to other > sites? What do you mean by "redirecting traffic"? Linking to a certain page? The page, the user came from can be read from the Referer-Header. For example: User clicks on a link on the page http://example.org/a.html wich leads to http://example.org/b.aspx - s...

Last Updated date wrong on Account List
Hi- When I click on Accounts it shows the Last Updated date for my broker to be 12/29/04 but I just updated it today and got transactions. When I click on the date it brings up the little box with the passwords and everything and in gray says last updated as 1/1/05. Now I just recently switched brokers and changed this account over to a new login and password so I am wondering if it might have something to do with that. It is not a huge deal just kinda annoying when I am trying to figure out if everything is up to date. Does anyone know what might be causing this discrepancy? Thank...

On-Line Account chaos
I want to remove on-line account properties from an account but cannot find out how. Two cases are typical: 1) The company is out of business but I need to retain the MS Money account (i.e. not delete the account) 2) I uploaded information into an asset account, one that should not have an on-line statement, but now is listed in my on-line accounts forevermore. The real issue is the latter, because I have all sorts of non-sense accounts listed for on-line updates? They do not connect to any bank, but I can't find out how to remove this attribute, and thus remove them from my list. Thanks...

Include accounts in scan
In Outlook Express there was a checkbox for each account that said something like include this account when doing a send/receive. Is there a similar option in Outlook? Thanks, Rick Rick Morrison;124373 Wrote: > In Outlook Express there was a checkbox for each account that said > something > like include this account when doing a send/receive. Is there a similar > option in Outlook? > > Thanks, > > Rick that's send and receive settings - Ctrl+Alt+S, then Edit the existing S/R group or New to create a new one. -- Slipstick ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

Outlook Email Account File
I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files so that I don't have to re-enter all the accounts. Anybody know the name of the file? Thanks, John John P. Chambers, LCSW, LMFT, LPC wrote: || I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem || finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the || file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files || so that I don't have to r...

help! how to remove reference to MS Exchange account?
I do NOT have MS Exchange account, only Internet email. By mistiake I specified Exchange in the installation, but with no valid account, Outlook will only allow me to open local files. I have removed and reinstalled Outlook 2000 twice, and there appears no opportunity to remove the reference to MS Exchange. Thanks rockypierre <rocky_pierre@yahoo.com> wrote: > I do NOT have MS Exchange account, only Internet email. > By mistiake I specified Exchange in the installation, but > with no valid account, Outlook will only allow me to open > local files. > > I have re...

Error Synchronizing Account Records
Hi together I encount the following problem while going offline with Microsoft CRM 3.0: I cannot take my accounts offline, the error description sais: "Failed move data for entity "account" during action salnsert, countRows:93. Contact your system administrator for assistance and try going offline again" Well, since I am the system administrator (and I have no idea) and try going offline again does not seem to work even if I filter my account differently does not seem to make a difference, the only way I can go offline is when I disable the accounts from the local data. S...

Recurrring accounts
When I download my account transactions into the account register, Money is not recognizing accounts and auto assigning categories to these recurring accounts. Currently +/-5% of all recurring accounts are recognized with specific categories assigned. In microsoft.public.money, gwoody@entouch.net <gwoodyentouchnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I download my account transactions into the account register, Money is >not recognizing accounts and auto assigning categories to these recurring >accounts. Currently +/-5% of all recurring accounts are recognized with &g...

Missing cash receipts distribution account
Recently the default cash account for a checkbook disappeared from the cash receipts distribution screen. After the cash receipt amount is entered, you can open the distributions screen and the A/R account (from the customer class) is there, but not the cash account. No changes to an individual customer, class or checkbook could make the cash line account field populate. I've run every reconcile and check links possble. Has anyone else seen this probelm? Make sure the customer and the class are set up to get the cash account from the checkbook and not from the customer. "...

Assigning Staff to accounts
What is the best way to assign staff to customers (Accounts) in CRM? I cannot create a Contact for each staff and assign him to a customer because apparently each Contact can be linked to only one Account. In our situation, each staff is assigned to multiple customers. If all staff members had CRM user licenses, I could transfer ownership of the Account to the staff member's User, however we do not have enough licenses. So what is the best way to assign staff (employees) to multiple customers (Accounts)? The best way is sharing, a member will be the client's owner and the rest c...

mailbox redirect URGENT
Hi, Wilma has just take out power in our US office in Boca :-( I have a couple of people who really need email. I said we should have moved their email boxes before, but people seemed to think they were too large. So here's my setup... I have a frontend server here in the UK which receives all mail for my company and then either delivers to boca or here in the UK. I have setup a new user for one of the users and given him the email aliases that he had on his other mail box and told it to create the email box on our server here in the UK, but so far, the mail box doesn't seem...

Could Excel be used as accounting software?
If so, any tutorials. (I don't want to learn or bky quick books) I jus want to keep tabs on business expenses and I would rather not do it o paper -- Freddy_Kruge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Freddy_Kruger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52382 Theoretically yes but practically no. There a lot of other softwares particularly databases that could do a lot than Excel. These include SAP,Oracle etc., Are you saying that excel wou...

How to see Accounts in Actitity list
how can I add Account column in My Work-> Activities or in any Activity List view?. for example, when Advanced Find is used for Activities, adding filter as Regarding Accounts, editing columns does not include Accounts so I do not find a way to add the Account column that any activity belongs to. ...

Import account
Hello Can I import accounts from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2002, I export from Outlook 2000 all accouts (.iaf files) but I'm not able to import them thank you ...

stationary and signature in different accounts
Hi all I have two accounts set up in Outlook xp one for personal mail and one for business mail. Is it possible to use stationary and signature in my business mail without it appearing when I compose a new message in my Personal mail? I would like to be able to create a business style mail template solely for business mail. At the moment when I create a new mail in personal mail the formatting appears in that mail also. TIA NO If you login to XP as two different users, each user can create a setup. But Outlook doesnt know the difference between Mark and Mary. So, you must select what...

folder redirection
Dear ALL We had migrate the file server which was using the folder redirection one of its drive . The group policy of Folder Redirection is modified with new server's name. The problem is that the Desktops have still the old server's entry & try to sync & shows on task bar as off line. Pl. suggest me any registry editing to remove the entry to solve the issue Regards gaurav -- gaurav_abbot ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gaurav_abbot's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/141088.htm View this thread: ht...

MS Small Business Accounting 2006
Does anyone know if Small Business Accounting 2006 will integrate with RMS? Thanks, Dave Bellevue Just curious as to why there's been no answer to my question? (posted last Friday) It would seem that my best choice would be a complete Microsoft solution rather than trying to work with RMS and Quickbooks. Do I want to spend $1000+ for Small Business Financials? No. Other option is Quickbooks POS.... "Dave" wrote: > Does anyone know if Small Business Accounting 2006 will integrate with RMS? > > Thanks, > Dave Bellevue As of right now, there's no direct in...