Recovery Storage Group #19

I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server.  I restored - from backups - an older
InformationStore DB into the RSG to retrive an email account.  All went well;
however, now that I am done with the DB when I go to delete it from the RSG
it errors out with
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is busy.
IDno:c104173c
Echange System Manager

I am right mouse clicking on the store inside the RSG and selecting delete.
The store is unmounted.
Any ideas?
0
Andy3691 (18)

I restarted the Email server and that cleared the problem for me.

"Andy3691" wrote:

> I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server.  I restored - from backups - an older
> InformationStore DB into the RSG to retrive an email account.  All went well;
> however, now that I am done with the DB when I go to delete it from the RSG
> it errors out with
> The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is busy.
> IDno:c104173c
> Echange System Manager
>
> I am right mouse clicking on the store inside the RSG and selecting delete.
> The store is unmounted.
> Any ideas?
0
Andy3691 (18)

Can't restore from Recovery Storage Group via Sys Manager or Exmerge.exe
I have successfully restored my old servers store to a recovery storage group, and see the users and the number of items etc. If I try to restore one to the new info store on the rebuilt server I get an error that it failed and the following in the report: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Recover Mailbox Data" dcName="MBSERVER01" buildNumber="7638" runningAs="Administrator@mynet.NET"> <timespan startTime="2006-07-23 02:40:03.484" milliseconds="172" /> - <...

Recovery #4
Hope someone can help me, I have the problem I think that article KB889528 will fix, but after reading it I have Event ID 217 did you call for the hotfix? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ECB53B-3B7D-4BB2-A138-87ECC840687A@microsoft.com... > Hope someone can help me, I have the problem I think that article KB889528 > will fix, but after reading it I have Event ID 217 Yes I did buy I have not yet applied it and I was wondering 2 things 1 If I should do an offline back up first? 2 If I should skip the hotfix a...

Modifying the Storage Limit Warning message
In Exchange 5.5 it was possible, using rltools, to modify the warning message for Storage Limits. It meant modifying the MDBSZ.DLL file. In this way you could put more meaningful text in the message, or even a link to a web page outling hints to clean up your mailbox Is it possible to modify the Storage Limit Warning message in Exchange Server 2003 "=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3487D8C5-10D9-4E11-AD59-E1B22D59D360@microsoft.com: > In Exchange 5.5 it was possible, using rltools, to modify the warning > message for Storage Li...

How do I setup a recovery server and do the recovery?
How do I setup he recovery server? I have a spare 2003 server box, do I just put exchange server on to that and restore the database file into the mdsdata directory and then run integrity tools? Does it have to be the same organization or can it be a stand alone server. Thanks. Are you trying to rebuild a server to get it back online? Or are you trying to restore a database to get some data out of it. If you are trying to restore a database, try restoring to a recovery storage group. If you are just doing test restorations or testing D/R procedures, you do NOT want to put the...

Permissions Add Distribution Group members
We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP clients environment. I was wondering if there is a way to allow a specific user to add/remove members to any distribution groups that are created. I found that one user can add/remove members by adding that user as the manager of each individual group but I was wondering if there was a way to give more than one member this ability and to also not have to go to each distribution group and configure this permission. Thx! In news:3E4CBF22-74BC-4788-BFE3-4B44F5CA6959@microsoft.com, rfIPS <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have an SBS 2003 w/ XP ...

Creating stacked bar for multiple groups and multiple years
Hello. I'm trying to create a stacked bar graph for multiple groups. I've looked at other posts but still can't figure this out. Given the following: FY 07 Group A ATB increase = 2.5% Step increase = 0.75% Longevity increase = 0.5% Group B ATB increase = 3.5% Step increase = 0.5% Longevity increase = 1.5% Group C ATB increase = 1.5% Step increase = 1.75% Longevity increase = 0.25% FY 08 Group A ATB increase = 6.5% Step increase = 0.75% Longe...

Number Records by group in Report
I would like to number or rank records in a report by grouping. The ranking or numbering would be based on the lowest time. I have a field of [HandleTime] in "nn:ss". The groups would be based off a department. Any Ideas. I have looked out numbering them in a query, but that does not help for the groupings. Thanks - David Add a text box to the Detail section, and give it these properties: Control Source =1 Running Sum Over Group This assumes the Sorting And Grouping box is sorting by the times within the group, and you don't have to show 2 identical times as...

Distribution Groups AND Users In an Address list
I am in a exchange 2000 and 2003 tree - on top of server 2003 in a multi state domain. The global address list contains about 3000 users. I obviously don't want all of those to appear to the clients at this local site. I created an address list for the local company - but - and here is the kicker - I cannot figure out how to create that list with the distributions groups (which are universal groups with e-mail accounts and viewable on the global address list) AND the users. I can make one with the users or the groups. This seems like it should be easy.. but it isn't - 2003 search ...

Pivot table-show all grouped items
I am very frustrated as I think this is very doable, but I just don't know how to do this...so I have a pivot table: USA | June | Volume | July | Volume Canada | June | Volume | July | Volume etc... (except first line for each country is on the same line-i am having a hell of a time trying to format posts for this board) But I want this pivot table report to show in a tabular format, meaing that the countries should show up on each page: USA | June | Volume USA | July | Volume Canada | June | Volume Canada | July | Volume etc. I several more groups and want all of them to show up on e...

Restore to Recovery Storage Group Failed
I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup. I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per kb824126, the restore fails right away. It says it's restoring to the first storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group? Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't mention? you added the store you want to restore to the RSG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Accessing This Group without a NewsReader..?
Hi, My friend has finally got on the net using one of those usb-wireless modems. The company he uses doesnt have a server, so he cant even use Outlook Express. (I tried setting it up for him supplying the same details that I use;(not My actual details) he is not too computer literate.) What can he do to get access to this and other groups on the microsoft server? Is there a browser way-in? (he has FireFox) Xp home, SP2, fully patched. Thanks From: "achoo" <sneezy@cold.com> | Hi, | My friend has finally got on the net using one of those usb-wireless modem...

Recovery server #4
Hi, I am setting up a recovery server to restore an online backup of the info store of an Exchange 2003 server. I can not use the recovery storage group as it is a snapshot backup and not supported by Symantec. I know that the log file path does not matter but does the database path matter? I have done this restore to a recovery server in earlier versions of exchange without issue. The only diffenences in this case is that 1- I am restoring from a snapshot backup 2- I got lazy and recreated the recovery server with only a C: and the production server has the exchange databases on ...

SBS 2003 disaster recovery: advice?
Until today our SBS 2003 from Dell has been working perfectly. Now I'm looking at a screen that says: *** Hardware malfunction Call your hardware vendor for support *** The system was halted *** (no kidding) I have the CDs that came with the machine. Before I start plugging them in at random and rebooting I thought I'd ask for some advice. (My wife will be so proud of me ...) TIA. - Tony Lima -- Tony Lima Associates Los Altos, CA, USA 650-243-1286 Hi Tony, Maybe a little troubleshooting... Hardware Malfunction Results in System Error Message http://su...

Can't select storage group to create mailbox
Hi, I have an problem where the Help Desk is starting to create mailboxes in AD. When they get to the screen to create the mailbox they can select the server but no storage groups appear. I'm pretty sure it is some sort of permissions problem. The Help Desk has the role of Exchange View Only Admin. If someone can let me know what I am doing wrong that would be great. Thanks! Scott Good afternoon Scott, First thing to check - do your helpdesk operators have exchange view only role assigned to the administrative group? Joe "sabel@1800flowers.com" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Subtotals in Group Footer
I have 2 grouppings: Reason and Reason Category. Each Reason has it's own group of Categories, where I use the following to code to count: =IIf([Dist]=26 Or [Dist]=27 Or [Dist]=40 Or [Dist]=62 Or [Dist]=7 Or [Dist]=8 Or [Dist]=31,Count([Wdrw_Cat]),0) The count comes out ok. However, I'm unable to Total for each Reason group with the same formula. Can anyone help? I question every time I see multiple values in an expression like this. Why these Dist values? Will the collection of numbers ever vary? I would expect this is dynamic and shouldn't be hard-coded like thi...

pivot grouping
Already have one set of groupings, and now have added another list of data. Need to incorporate that data (which only has the "sublevel" of data right now) into the higher level grouping. So now, the new data shows up in the grouping, but it basically creates its own group for each piece of data (since it hasn't been grouped yet). If it makes it any clearer, the sublevel is a number of aging days. The grouping is for sets of aging days (<30, 30-60-60-90, etc.). So what's happened is the first set of data is showing only at the grouped level, and when I add t...

OST recovery
I took on a client whose SBS 2003 network went down due to a server disk problem, Active Directory was not recovered, and a new domain name was used. As a result, the PC was removed from the old domain, then joined to the new domain, resulting in a different user profile on the PC (was Mary, now is Mary.001). There is no Exchange server running, she just used Outlook on her PC for the calendar. Is there a way to recover the calendar information in the OST file? If she's been joined to a new domain, not without buying a third-party = tool.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

recovery
hi folks, backup and recovery is driving me nuts and i need your help very badly. i am running win 2003 srvr enterprise with exchange 2003 enterprise. i have backed up my information store/first storage group/mailboxstore & public store i am using ntbackup that comes with 2003 server i did a normal backup then a differntial backup both were a success now when i try to restore i get a restore failed message i dismount the stores and set each store with database can be overwritten when restored... i have tried to restore over 30 times and always get a failure message...i get these ...

can this macro be adapted for 4 groups?
Hi, Below is a code from Jim Cone which provides a way of drawing arbitrary names from a bag. I need to adopt this code such that it can be used to establish 4 groups (A,B,C and D each having 4 teams) out of 16 team. The only problem is that I need to select 4 teams out of the 16 team before I start drawing. Can you suggest solutions? TIA ============================== 'July 06, 2004 - Jim Cone Sub DisplayRandomNames() Dim RS As Long Dim objRangeA As Range Dim objRangeB As Range Dim objRangeC As Range Dim blnNotThere As Boolean ' Establish where everythi...

Can a group by clause be used with a user input? Please help me.
Can a group by clause be used with an input parmeter? select count(field1),field3 from Table Group by field1, @field3 <--user inputs what field I want the user to be able to decide on specific field group by clause. The count will be on the same field everytime however, instead of making 6 functions, I thought I could make only one and have the user select from a list of different groupings. If I am not making sense let me know. I know this is a kind of weird situation. If you have done this before will you tell me what you did. I have considered a macro but I do not know if this will...

Map drives with group policy
I'm trying to set up a group policy to map a network drive when our users log into our sbs2008 server (which was once done with loigin scripts in sbs2003). I have never quite made it work so I have been doing it manually. I think I have it set up properly because it works on our 32bit server2008 that we use for accounting software. I read somewhere that I need group policy client side extensions but when I try to push them out using wsus It says that the update has expired??? How do I tell if clients have the client side extensions installed? Is there a good set of instructio...

permission needed to change storage limits?
What level of permission is needed to be able to change the mailbox size limits for users accounts? We currently have top level admins that have full control and regular admins that can just create mailboxes with new accounts. We want the regular admins to be able to modify certain user's to be at settings other than the information store defaults when needed. Thank You. Wendy- Delegate the admins access to read/write these attributes on the user object: mDBOverHardQuotaLimit - prhibit send/receive mDBOverQuotaLimit - prohibit send mDBStorageQuota - warning mDBUseDefaults - whethe...

Recovery
I have recovered over 1000 excel and word files from a disk I formatted by mistake, now I have to go through each one to see if I want to keep it or delete it and to rename each file, is there a way I can view each file by the press of a button instead of opening them one by one? Thanks Clayton Code could be written to iterate a folder but the simplest way would be to select say files 1-20 and right click and select 'Open' from windows explorer. Excel would open with those 20 files, you could view, save as and then delete any you didn't want. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP...

Expanding Storage folder tree
I have a number of Storage folders and many subfolders. When I try to drag a message to one of the storage folders, the folders almost instantly expands to show all their subfolders as soon as I mouse over them. This results in a huge cascade of folders I have to navigate around not to mention eventually close. Is there anyway to slow down the speed with which the folders expand? No...speed of display is not an option. You can right click the message and use the copy or move function on the context menu -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "davebroxton" <davebroxton...

NZ function 11-19-09
I am trying to use an nz function on a query, so that I get a zero instead of a blank. I can't figure out where to actually type the nz function. Do I type it in the criteria field of the column on the query? Whenever I do that it never stays, or doesn't want to work. What is the correct format for an nz function? - maybe that's my problem. Hi Erin For Null numerics In the "Field" line of the query design panel type: "NoNulls: NZ(MyField,0)" For Text Data In the "Field" line of the query design panel type: "NoNulls: NZ(MyFie...