Recover lost messages in send receive

I had a user logon to exchange this moring via a pop account. His send /
receive window said downloading message 1 of 160. He left this running and
returned later to find the process had completed, I am told there were no
error messages, but there is no sign of the messages at the client. Also the
messages have been cleared from his exchange inbox.

Is there any way of recovering / undelete'ing messages pop'ed from exchange ?
0
dave871 (679)

Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had a user logon to exchange this moring via a pop account. His send /
>receive window said downloading message 1 of 160. He left this running and
>returned later to find the process had completed, I am told there were no
>error messages, but there is no sign of the messages at the client. Also the
>messages have been cleared from his exchange inbox.
>
>Is there any way of recovering / undelete'ing messages pop'ed from exchange ?

Use the "Tools | Recover deleted items..." menu. You'll probably need
the "DumpsterAlwaysOn" registry value on the Outlook client to recover
the messages becasue the POP/IMAP clients do a "hard delete" and don't
use the "Deleted Items" folder.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How to prevent some users to send internet mails ? (exchange 2003) #2
Hello all, I try to prevent some users to send mails to ppl outside organisation but without any luck... I tried to add them in the SMTP connector restriction tab but nothing happens, they still can send mails to outside... Can someone help me ? Regards Coer "Coercitas" <coercitas@hotmail.com> wrote: >I try to prevent some users to send mails to ppl outside organisation but >without any luck... > >I tried to add them in the SMTP connector restriction tab but nothing >happens, they still can send mails to outside... > >Can someone help me ? Rat...

unusual window message
when pressing the enter key after formating a cell in excel 2003 file, a window message will say "to many different cell format". If I press OK, and later save the file, the other previous formatting will be gone once I opened the same file. hi excel 03 allows 4000 different format combinations. this has been increased to 64000 for 07. see this site for more details and possible fixes. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 regards FSt1 "edwin_dammam" wrote: > when pressing the enter key after formating a cell in excel 20...

Error Message #6
error message - unable to save to batch activity table. You will not be able to use this batch. has anyone come across this message in AR, and how can I deal with it. Rarely. You can get an unabbreviated error description. Look at how your company database has been configured in SQL Server. Is it unlimited growth or restricted growth. Yank up the size and you should be back on track. "rcr" wrote: > error message - unable to save to batch activity table. You will not be able > to use this batch. > > has anyone come across this message in AR, and how can I deal wit...

Lost product key for O2003 standard, is my cousin SOL?
I just got called this evening to help an elderly relative of mine. Her copy of Office 2003 Standard Edition was suddenly telling her that it needed to be activated after four years of faithful service. She is an AOLer, and her computer skills match the stereotype. She doesn't use the internet much, so has a limited dial-up plan. Anyways, after being unable to help her over the phone, as it seems the option to activate it via telephone was dimmed and the option to activate it via internet failed, I went over there. Once there, I discovered that somehow some strange way it had reve...

Lost logs files
Hi I have one Exchange 2003 and I have lost the disk where I had the logs, so know I can't work with Exchange. Could I recreate the logs with a command?. The last backup I have is of the last day, 24 hours. Thanks, 1. First of all make a copy of your edb and stm files jsut if it is required later. 2. Add the logs drive and create the same directory structure and see if the exchange server mounts the database. 3. If not your bet would be to restore the last backup. 4. If you have exchange 2003 restore your database in RSG and run a repair (long process) and then exmerge the new ...

Error message after Opportunity customization
Hi there, After customizing the Opportunity Record, (form view and attributes) and publishing the changes, I am unable to open the opportunity record (either new or existing). I get the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. No idea what has caused this error or how to fix it :-( I have rebooted the server and still no change. Can anyone help? Happy New Year :-) Sinead. -- Sinead O''''Shaughnessy Did you backup your entity XML beforehand by exporting out the customizations.xml file? If so, you can simply rei...

Not receiving email in outlook
Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, but not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Do you get any errors when you try to receive mail? Also, you mention XP. Is that your OS or version of Outlook? "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE654FB-4900-4D6F-BC77-DFFF4F944191@microsoft.com... > Help!! Pc challenged here. I'm sending mail in Outlook with no problem, > but > not receiving any new or return mail. Running XP, SP2. Hi Vince, and thank you for responding. XP is my ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Sent messages are not going to the SENT ITEMS folder
When I send messages in Outlook 2000, sent messages are not going into the Sent Items folder. I've got the check box set at Tools, Options, E-Mail Options, Save Copies of Sent Messages in Sent Items Folder. It seems it was working, but not for the past three days. Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP Home, Office 2000. hgfd ...

Sending Multi-page e-mails out of Publisher
My wife has a 4-page resume and cover letter that she is trying to send as one continuous (scrollable) document in an e-mail. So far, we have only been successful at sending one page at a time. Does anyone know how we can send the entire 4 pages as one long e-mail? She thinks she has to reformat it all over again into one large page, but if there's a way to save doing all that work over again, it'd sure be nice to know about it. Thanks, Jim Carruth jcarruth wrote: > Does anyone know how we can send the entire 4 pages as one long e-mail? She > thinks she has to reforma...

Lost All Forms
Has this happened to anyone else? Designing a form and all of a sudden all form objects are gone in Access 2007. Access asked to save the design of a form and that was the last I saw of 10 objects in this db. Showing tables and related views find no more forms in my db. James Did you try to compress and see if they come back? "JamesJ" <jjy@Darwin_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23mWH4NTgHHA.4868@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Has this happened to anyone else? > Designing a form and all of a sudden all form objects are gone in Access > 2007. > Access asked ...

How do I control where the new message window appears?
Whenever I create a new message the associated window appears with the maximise button off of my desktop. How do I change the default position of the new message window such that all of it is visible on my desktop? Resize and position it accordingly and hold CTRL when press the X to close the window. This should force storing the location and size of the window in the registry. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, R...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Cannot send messages
Hi all, thanks in advance for reading this. Our router died and we got a new one. I had the port 25 and 110 mapped, which allowed all the incoming to come in, but the outgoing is still qued and will not send. Any ideas? Exch 5.5. THANK YOU. Question 1 Do you have a Firewall ? What Flavor ? Question 2 What version of Exchange are you running ? Question 3 Did you do the following in MS Knowledge Base article. 153119 "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1222c01c3c011$df8ad2e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all, thanks in advance for reading...

Consuming web service receiving/returning objects
How is it possible to consume a web service receiving/returning object using GET/POST methods? SOAP is working fine,need to know about possibilities of using GET/POST Thank you Regards Raj On 1/9/2010 4:12 AM, Raj wrote: > How is it possible to consume a web service receiving/returning object using > GET/POST methods? > > SOAP is working fine,need to know about possibilities of using GET/POST > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj Yes, you can, and probably by default it is enabled. Here is the MSDN page on how to allow it: http://msdn.micros...

Send/receive loop?
I run OL 2003 with Business Contact Manager, XP Professional, SP2 not installed. Since yesterday I am not able to retrieve my mail from all of my accounts. I know the mail is there, I see it through webmail. I have problems with mailservers from different providers, and I have full web access. The icon in the tray says "MS Office Outlook is synchronizing folders" constantly, it never stops. A send/receive will freeze at a certain % and stay that way for hours until I cancel it. It sounds like a network problem; however I have restarted my router, have made no changes and have access...

IE 8 File > Send > Link by Email does not open Outlook 2007 messag
When I try to e-mail a link in IE 8 using the "File > Send > Link by Email " menu option, nothing happens. The Outlook 2007 message window will not open automatically as it should. Thanks in advance for your help. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Assuming Win7... You must set OL as your default for Mail in the CUSTOM (<=important!) section of http://win...

New message #2
I don't seem to be able to save my template ( with a footer disclaimer) so that it opens every time I hit the new message button. Can anyone help and tell me where the actual new message template is and what its called. Thanks I always used the "signature" section to put footer advertising or disclaimers. You can have multiple accounts and signatures and when you open a new email, it will open with the "Default" account and signature but you can change accounts using the button on the menu bar of the newly opened email. -- Lenny V "Arlene" wrote:...

User reports lost messages from Inbox in exchange 2000
Good day. I have a disconcerting issue. A user logged onto his email at a remote location yesterday where he had 400 messages in his inbox. Today he reports that he has only 16 messages in his inbox. He said he did not archive on the remote machine. Is there any system log that I can access to check this type of mailbox activity? -- Network Administrator Neal & Massy Automotive Limited Trinidad Nigel I think you have two options. The first is a Mailbox manager process ran and the inbox items were processed. Check your Exchange server to see if this true. Two, a client side proces...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Lost Dog
Has anyone seen my dog? Blind in one eye Missing one leg Recently fixed Goes by the name "Lucky" ...

Message converted to plain text
I converted to Outlook a couple of months ago from OE. Initially, I had no issues when receiving HTML messages, however lately there is a note specifying This message was converted to plain text. If I convert back to HTML, the hyper links don't work. How can I restore the settings to allow HTML? Thanks What folder are you looking in? That is standard for the Junk mail folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@list...