Recover Exchange 2000 Server

I need to do a job tomorrow and could really use some input :-)

Anyway if your still reading I would like to ask if anybody had any
ideas on restoring Exchange 2000 to a new Windows 2000 installation on
the same server. A proper backup should by the way BE present!

Anyways is it really as easy as installing Exchange 2000 on the new
server and then, provided the domain and machine-name are the same,
just restore the Mailstore from backup?

Would be great if it were! ;-)

Anyways hope you can help me out here.... thanks!

Sol
0
solko (6)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326052

On 13 Sep 2004 14:44:01 -0700, solko@xs4all.nl (consol) wrote:

>I need to do a job tomorrow and could really use some input :-)
>
>Anyway if your still reading I would like to ask if anybody had any
>ideas on restoring Exchange 2000 to a new Windows 2000 installation on
>the same server. A proper backup should by the way BE present!
>
>Anyways is it really as easy as installing Exchange 2000 on the new
>server and then, provided the domain and machine-name are the same,
>just restore the Mailstore from backup?
>
>Would be great if it were! ;-)
>
>Anyways hope you can help me out here.... thanks!
>
>Sol

0
adavid (8731)

Backup exchange 2003 verify
Hello Friends, I am new user of Exchange and I have one question reagrding the backup of Exchange Server 2003. In backup log file, it say Backup of "Server name\Microsoft Information Store\First storage group" In Backup Status: Files count is 5 and in Verify Status: File count is 0 and different is 0 But bytes are same as in Backup Status. I want to know is this normal. Am I able to restore exchange from this backup, if any thing goes wrong. Thank you Verify is a waste of time IMO. You either get a successful backup or not. Then you test your backups as you have. Turn off verif...

Outlook 2000 problem sending
When I send emails; a copy is now showing up in my outbox. I have about 70 emails I have sent all in my Outbox and where it says "Sent" there is the word "none" What is this crazy problem? ...

Is it possible to configure 2 Exchange account in Outlook 2003?
We have configured AD and DC in Windows 2003 server and it running Exchange 2003. Domain name is @abc.com. (As an example) We want to configure an exchange server for get mail from @xyz.com for selected users in @ABC.com. When selected @ABC domain users logging to domain they like to check their booth accounts (@ABC and @xyz) in outlook 2003. Is this possible? If it is any links or resources will much appreciated. Rush wrote: > We have configured AD and DC in Windows 2003 server and it running > Exchange 2003. Domain name is @abc.com. (As an example) > We want to configure an excha...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

OWA
I have 2 Exchange 2000 servers (same domain) in 2 different cities - is there a way I can direct all the users to only 1 OWA server to be able to access their e-mail, no matter which server their mailbox is on? Setup a Front-End server. Users will still be able to go directly to the URL on both back-ends if they know it/want to. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Steele" <ksteele@summitnetworking.net> wrote in message news:eCvO3gk2FHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have 2 Exchange 2000 servers...

Compatablility of Exchange 5.5 with Server 2003
Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable with Server 2003? "Waxxie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable >with Server 2003? Yes. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm Then how can you upgrade... >-----Original Message----- >"Waxxie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >>Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable >>with Serv...

Excel 2000 spreasheet starts at line number 2
Hello dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. Please I would need your kind help on this one here. I've got an Excel 2000 documents inluding many differents spreadsheets. One of those spreasheet present the following characteristic, the lines begins at number 2. Even if I do insert a new line the new one is the line number 2. How could I remediate this please. Thank-You Octavio First go to cell A1 by pressing F5, entering A1 and clicking OK. Then do a Format, Row, Unhide. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP It sounds like you might have Windows/Freeze Panes selected. Andy...

HELP!!! Exchange 5.5 Crashed, eseutil /r didn't work
I have a PowerEdge 2400 single PIII-733mhz, 1GB Ram running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 5.5. The Exchange server is on Drive C, the Store & Logs are on Drive D: with rest of data. There is currently 6gbs Free space on Drive D: (I know, but we are migrating to Windows Small Business Server 2003 in 4 days) Yesterday at 4:41PM our PowerEdge Server Froze, I was already gone for the day. I came in today and noticed it. I did a reboot of the server and the MSExchangeIS, SA, MTA, DS didn't start. Event ID 5000 and 1120. I attempted ESEUTIL mh on pub and priv edb. Both show inc...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Exchange 2003 Forwarding
The users have set "Prohibit Sent and Receive at..... KB" How can I define a mailbox to receive all the mails sent to users with exceeded limit? 10x in advance On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:41:05 -0800, IVP <IVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The users have set "Prohibit Sent and Receive at..... KB" >How can I define a mailbox to receive all the mails sent to users with >exceeded limit? >10x in advance You can't unless you're journaling the entire store to a mailbox or other location. 10x but this will archive everything... Can I define to stor...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Exchange 5.5 Tracing Spoofed Email
I am administrating an Exchange 5.5 server with about 100 mailboxes. For financial reasons we are not able to upgrade. 5.5 works well most of the time, but lately we've run into a problem with SPAM. It appears that some PC on our network is sending spam. The outbound email appears in the queue. It goes to seemingly random addresses (not any that would be in anyone's Outlook contact list) and the sender is blank. Relaying is turned off (per the MS Knowlege Base article) and I have gone through the steps to verify it. My guess is that the worm is on our local network and th...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Which category for currency exchange?
Which category should a currency exchange go under? This isn't the exchange fee. It is the withdrawal from an American bank to purchase Euros for example in Europe. It's the actual conversion. Not really an income or an expense. Using MS Money Small Business 2004. Thanks, Brett This is hard because Money doesn't provide a great way to treat it. In my case for short travel, and I don't use the Business edition, I create a cash account for the foreign currency, set it up to use that currency, and use a transfer in from one of my normal cash accounts. With the acco...

2000 to outlook 2003
how do I get all my settings from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003 Dear, You may need your PST file and Archive folder files and also, (you may need to locate your pst and archive folder files in your harddisk) The following is not necessary - but if you get it, then useful outcmd.dat - Registered Microsoft Exchange extensions (.dat) Outlook.srs - Send/Receive settings (.srs) Outlook.NK2 - Outlook contacts nicknames (.nk2) Outlook.xml - Navigation Pane settings (.xml) Outlook.NK2 may be of special interest because it contains the e-mail address nicknames that may not be stored on the Contacts f...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #15
Can Exchange 2K3 SP2 be configured to include a corporate msg on the bottom of all emails leaving the organization? For example a disclaimer message or an invititational msg? Not Exchange 2k3, 2k7 has introduced this feature. Recommendation would be to look into third party apps. http://www.exclaimer.com/ James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Apr 10, 3:12 pm, Andy3691 <Andy3...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can Exchange 2K3 SP2 be configured to include a corporate msg on the bottom > of all emails leaving the organization? Fo...

send mail from Outlook through MS Exchange to Unix machine
Hello, I need to lay the path for the network admins in order to enable a Unix box to receive message sent from Outlook through an exchange server. All the traffic is done through the intranet and thus do not require firewalls or others internet specific security. The Unix machine and our network being on two different IP root, we need probably to tell the exchange server how to route message to this unix box. How to I achieve this? If I have an exchange server already configured to 'communicate' to my IP environment where the Unix boxes sit, does outlook support to exchange servers?...

1 domain and 2 email servers
Hi All, There are 2 domains: domain1.com domain2.com Each domain has there own email server. Now we purchase a 3rd domain: domain3.com. I need to setup email address for both companies to have a @domain3.com address. I can get this work fine with one mail server as I have the MX record pointing to it but how do I get it to work for both mail servers. Thanks. JN You really should consolidate Exchange but in the meantime: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "JN" <jnsimex@rogers.com> wrote in message news:elEYkbEVGHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Migration Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003
I have completed the migration from NT4.0 Exchange Server 5.5 to Server and Exchange 2003. It appears that I missed a step in the migration process. I am not able to go to Native mode for Exchange server 2003 as I cannot remove the old server (Now in the bin with no chance of recovery). Does anybody know how to remove the old server? Hi, Have you decommissioned your ADC and SRS? -- Scott Schnoll Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only...

What are the CCI: field limitations under Outlook 2000 ?
Hi everybody, I'm in a bad fix using the CCI: field under Outlook 2000 so I need more document about the CCI: field. All I succeed to find on microsoft.com is that 'it allows to send email to <> people without revealing the other recipients email'. What I need to know is informations like : - maximum size of the field, - behavior when one of the listed email in CCI: doesn't exists, - and so on... Please help folks... Thank you. Marc ...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

How do I make a second server known to the front end server
I've set up a second exchange server in hopes of moving some of the mailboxes to this second server until we get a new server in that can hold all of our mailboxes. I'm able to access my mailbox using Outlook but cannot access it using OWA. I'm thinking my front end server doesn't see this second server. "julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've set up a second exchange server in hopes of moving >some of the mailboxes to this second server until we get a >new server in that can hold all of our mailboxes. I'm >abl...

Comparison b/w Exchange 5.5 and 2003
Hi all, Any document that has the features comparison b/w Exchange 5.5 and 2003? Basically, I want to push our Management to upgrade to Exchange 2003 (Clustered preferably). TIA. ,Sur Here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/ex_compare.mspx Not many blue dots in the 5.5 column. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Sur" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:e0Rq$Y9HFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Any document that has the features comparison b/w...