Recover a mailbox from a user where exchange attributes removed

I have a user I removed her exchange attributes, I just found out she didnt
copy her
exchange mailbox offline.   Is there an easy way to get her mailbox?  If I
reset her exchange attributes
will it create a new mailbox?  I would like to recreate her account with
mailbox intact if possible.
I do have backups with the bkexec excjhane agent if that is needed.
server is exchaneg 2003

thanks

craig

0
nospam3434 (231)

Hi Craig,

How long ago was this done? If you still have mailbox retension enabled the
mail attributes where not removed any more than 30 days ago and you have not
purged the mailbox from Exchange System Manager, you will be able to
reconnect the mailbox to the account.

Just go into Exchange System Manager | Servers | ServerName | First Storage
Group (Or what ever you have named it) | Mailbox store (ServerName) |
Mailboxes

Find this persons mailbox in the list, it should have a cross thru it then
right click and select  reconnect.

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have a user I removed her exchange attributes, I just found out she didnt
>copy her
> exchange mailbox offline.   Is there an easy way to get her mailbox?  If I
> reset her exchange attributes
> will it create a new mailbox?  I would like to recreate her account with
> mailbox intact if possible.
> I do have backups with the bkexec excjhane agent if that is needed.
> server is exchaneg 2003
>
> thanks
>
> craig

0
ben.hoffman (411)
7/23/2005 2:01:35 AM
"MS-News" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote:

>I have a user I removed her exchange attributes, I just found out she didnt
>copy her
>exchange mailbox offline.   Is there an easy way to get her mailbox?

Assuming you haven't set the Deleted Mailbox Recovery Time to 0 (IIRC,
it's et to 30 by default), you should be able to find the mailbox in
the ESM. Right click the mailbox and select "Reconnect". Then pick the
user's account from the list of mailbox-less users.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

Is it possible to configure 2 Exchange account in Outlook 2003?
We have configured AD and DC in Windows 2003 server and it running Exchange 2003. Domain name is @abc.com. (As an example) We want to configure an exchange server for get mail from @xyz.com for selected users in @ABC.com. When selected @ABC domain users logging to domain they like to check their booth accounts (@ABC and @xyz) in outlook 2003. Is this possible? If it is any links or resources will much appreciated. Rush wrote: > We have configured AD and DC in Windows 2003 server and it running > Exchange 2003. Domain name is @abc.com. (As an example) > We want to configure an excha...

Business Portal Add Users
I am trying to add new users to Business Portal. They have already been set up on the server, but when I try to add them in Business Portal I get the following msg at the very end of the add process. system.exception: soap:server server was unable to process request. -- > The subscriber object cannot be instantiated via its default constructor. PublisherAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework PublisherClass: Microsft.BusinessFramework.Security.UserSecurityRole PublisherEvent: Inserted SubscriberAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal SubscriberClass: Microsoft.BusinessFramewor...

purge user's mailbox
I want to erase all messages from the user's mailbox. As Exchange Admin I connect the system manager, but the option of purge and reconnect are grayed out. How can I erase all user's mails? Thank you Those options will only be available on mailboxes that have been deleted and the mailbox cleanup agent has run. You could consider deleting the mailbox and just creating a new one of the user - that will certainly clean it. That's probably the quickest way for a single user. If you want to process multiple mailboxes, consider using the mailbox manager. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MV...

Batches having user id.
Hi, There is an error where user is not able to open Sales Order processing. This is happening frequently with the same user. Has anybody faced a similar problem frequently where batch number gets stored by used id in SY00500 and then the user is not able to open SOP transaction. Resolution has been given to delete such batches and then the user is able to open the SOP transaction entry screen. Can any one let me know the cause for getting this error? Regards, I believe when the batch ID is the user ID then that means the user was not actually putting the transaction into a batch, jus...

Exchange 2003 Forwarding
The users have set "Prohibit Sent and Receive at..... KB" How can I define a mailbox to receive all the mails sent to users with exceeded limit? 10x in advance On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:41:05 -0800, IVP <IVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The users have set "Prohibit Sent and Receive at..... KB" >How can I define a mailbox to receive all the mails sent to users with >exceeded limit? >10x in advance You can't unless you're journaling the entire store to a mailbox or other location. 10x but this will archive everything... Can I define to stor...

Unable to create attribute
I have been able to create attributes in the past - but this has recently stopped working for no apparent reason -The error appears when creating a new attribute in a custom entity, "An error has occurred. For more infomration, contact your system administrator." does anyone have any suggestions? -- Brendon Reid Brendon, Please review this thread to see if you have the same problem. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/ thread/c2cd23f034c3e65/19845a53d8d0248b#19845a53d8d0248b Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan...

100+ Users w/CTI Integration, Predictive Dialer & Blackberry
Our company is in the process of implementing a CRM solution. Since we're in the early stages, we're looking for existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 customers with a similar environment that we can talk with about their experiences. Our solution will have more than 100 users active in the system at any given point in time. It will be integrated with our Predictive Dialer (outgoing calls) and our PBX (via CTI) to allow screen pops on incoming and outgoing calls. Our outside sales team will leverage their Blackberry phones for mobile access. If you or anyone you know has a s...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Compatablility of Exchange 5.5 with Server 2003
Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable with Server 2003? "Waxxie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable >with Server 2003? Yes. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm Then how can you upgrade... >-----Original Message----- >"Waxxie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >>Is it true that Exchange 5.5 / 2000 are NOT compatable >>with Serv...

Into Thin Air: Having User Define Variables
Hello, I am trying to place a button on my form that a user could click which would automate the import of an excel spreadsheet. I am fairly certain that I will use the TransferSpreadsheet command DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, acImport, microsoftexcelspreadsheet3, filename, tablename, true However, I would like the open file dialog box to popup so that the user can browse for the specific file (My thinking is that whatever file the user chose would define the filename variable?) that is to be imported and also I would like a dialog box to pop up so that the user could define the table name wi...

HELP!!! Exchange 5.5 Crashed, eseutil /r didn't work
I have a PowerEdge 2400 single PIII-733mhz, 1GB Ram running Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 5.5. The Exchange server is on Drive C, the Store & Logs are on Drive D: with rest of data. There is currently 6gbs Free space on Drive D: (I know, but we are migrating to Windows Small Business Server 2003 in 4 days) Yesterday at 4:41PM our PowerEdge Server Froze, I was already gone for the day. I came in today and noticed it. I did a reboot of the server and the MSExchangeIS, SA, MTA, DS didn't start. Event ID 5000 and 1120. I attempted ESEUTIL mh on pub and priv edb. Both show inc...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

User Form Landscape
Hi All On a userform I have the following code Private Sub CmdPrint1_Click() UserForm1.PrintForm End Sub Is it possible without changing the print option in the control panel to have the UserForm print in Landscape by adding to or changing the above code. Thanks for any help Cheers Mully ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Exchange 5.5 Tracing Spoofed Email
I am administrating an Exchange 5.5 server with about 100 mailboxes. For financial reasons we are not able to upgrade. 5.5 works well most of the time, but lately we've run into a problem with SPAM. It appears that some PC on our network is sending spam. The outbound email appears in the queue. It goes to seemingly random addresses (not any that would be in anyone's Outlook contact list) and the sender is blank. Relaying is turned off (per the MS Knowlege Base article) and I have gone through the steps to verify it. My guess is that the worm is on our local network and th...

Mailbox Manager help
Will Mailbox Manager on Exchange 2003 search inside new folders created by users on root level of users mailboxes?? I have seen conflicting accounts on this. In testing I have not been able to delete messages out of a newly created folder. Can anyone put this question to rest for me Also inside of Mailbox Manager settings what is the system cleanup folder ...

Which category for currency exchange?
Which category should a currency exchange go under? This isn't the exchange fee. It is the withdrawal from an American bank to purchase Euros for example in Europe. It's the actual conversion. Not really an income or an expense. Using MS Money Small Business 2004. Thanks, Brett This is hard because Money doesn't provide a great way to treat it. In my case for short travel, and I don't use the Business edition, I create a cash account for the foreign currency, set it up to use that currency, and use a transfer in from one of my normal cash accounts. With the acco...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Creating New Users
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. When I create a new user in Server Management, it does not create a new mailbox in Exchange. What am I doing wrong? TIA Scott "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am running Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. When I create a >new user in Server Management, it does not create a new >mailbox in Exchange. What am I doing wrong? > >TIA > >Scott Does it ask you if it should create a mailbox? (Not familiar with that ridiculous SBS console) The reason I ask is that you will not...

How to prevent some users to send internet mails ? (exchange 2003)
Hello all, I try to prevent some users to send mails to ppl outside organisation but without any luck... I tried to add them in the SMTP connector restriction tab but nothing happens, they still can send mails to outside... Can someone help me ? Regards Coer http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Coercitas" <coercitas@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cascoj$i7q$1@reader1.imaginet.fr... > Hello all, > > > I try to prevent some users to send mails to ppl outside orga...

Deleting an exchange 2000 server
Hi All Does anyone have any thoughts on how to remove an Exchange 2000 server that doesnt exist from an Exchange ORG ? I know of a way to remove it using the ADSI EDit utlity... Expand Configuration (Server name)--> CN=configuration,DC=.example,DC=.COM--> CN=Services --> CN=Microsoft Exchange --> CN=Organization --> CN= Administrative Groups --> CN=(Name of the RG or Admin Grop) --> CN=Servers --> Rt. Click on the server which you wannna delete and delete it. Can I / Should I delete this server from the members in the routing group so no email gets routed to ...

priv1 mailbox
All! I have created a new Exchange Server 2003 and created new mailstores on e:\. I have migrated over my mailboxes to the new mailstores and all seems fine. However I still have c:\program files\exchsvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb on the boot volume and it's 5GB in size. How did it get so big if it's not in use? Can I safely remove it? I would have thought so but given it's size I am no longer sure. Mark ...