Reconnect not available on a disconnected mailbox

Exchange 2002 SP3

I had a user that, even though he could send and receive just fine, was
showing as disabled on in the Exchange Manager.  One of the options (other
than deleting the box) that I read was to remove the Exchange attributes and
then reconnect the mailbox.  Well, I removed the Exchange attributes about
an hour ago, and "Reconnect" is still not available as an option in the
Exchange Manager.

I'm desperate, the longer I wait if I do have to delete the user, the more
mail he's going to have lost.  (I'm assuming that if I delete and recreate
the mailbox, any messages in queue will just get returned--but if you know a
way to get that mail now, I'll take that too.)

Thanks!!

Doreen

0
doreo715 (50)

Hi Doreen,

Did you run the mailbox cleanup agent?

Craig

--
Craig Philbeck
a-cphil@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2002 SP3
>
> I had a user that, even though he could send and receive just fine, was
> showing as disabled on in the Exchange Manager.  One of the options (other
> than deleting the box) that I read was to remove the Exchange attributes
and
> then reconnect the mailbox.  Well, I removed the Exchange attributes about
> an hour ago, and "Reconnect" is still not available as an option in the
> Exchange Manager.
>
> I'm desperate, the longer I wait if I do have to delete the user, the more
> mail he's going to have lost.  (I'm assuming that if I delete and recreate
> the mailbox, any messages in queue will just get returned--but if you know
> way to get that mail now, I'll take that too.)
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Doreen

0
a-cphil (97)
4/8/2004 12:52:43 PM
Right after I posted, I tried that and it worked.
The problem I'm having now is that I reconnect, but its telling me that it
can't replicate to the Destination Server and to wait and try again.
Is the Destination Server one of my AD servers? I've tried this on both
Exchange servers I have.

"Craig Philbeck [MSFT]" <a-cphil@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Doreen,
>
> Did you run the mailbox cleanup agent?
>
> Craig
>
> --
> Craig Philbeck
> a-cphil@online.microsoft.com
> Microsoft PSS
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

rights.
> "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Exchange 2002 SP3
> >
> > I had a user that, even though he could send and receive just fine, was
> > showing as disabled on in the Exchange Manager.  One of the options
(other
> > than deleting the box) that I read was to remove the Exchange attributes
> and
> > then reconnect the mailbox.  Well, I removed the Exchange attributes
about
> > an hour ago, and "Reconnect" is still not available as an option in the
> > Exchange Manager.
> >
> > I'm desperate, the longer I wait if I do have to delete the user, the
more
> > mail he's going to have lost.  (I'm assuming that if I delete and
recreate
> > the mailbox, any messages in queue will just get returned--but if you
know
> > way to get that mail now, I'll take that too.)
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> > Doreen

0
doreo715 (50)
4/8/2004 1:11:13 PM
That would be my guess as ESM is in many respects just a gui interface into
AD.

Craig

--

> Right after I posted, I tried that and it worked.
> The problem I'm having now is that I reconnect, but its telling me that it
> can't replicate to the Destination Server and to wait and try again.
> Is the Destination Server one of my AD servers? I've tried this on both
> Exchange servers I have.
>

> "Craig Philbeck [MSFT]" <a-cphil@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Doreen,
> >
> > Did you run the mailbox cleanup agent?
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > --
> > Craig Philbeck
> > a-cphil@online.microsoft.com
> > Microsoft PSS
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> > newsgroup purposes only.

> rights.
> > "Doreen" <doreo715@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Exchange 2002 SP3
> > >
> > > I had a user that, even though he could send and receive just fine,
was
> > > showing as disabled on in the Exchange Manager.  One of the options
> (other
> > > than deleting the box) that I read was to remove the Exchange
attributes
> > and
> > > then reconnect the mailbox.  Well, I removed the Exchange attributes
> about
> > > an hour ago, and "Reconnect" is still not available as an option in
the
> > > Exchange Manager.
> > >
> > > I'm desperate, the longer I wait if I do have to delete the user, the
> more
> > > mail he's going to have lost.  (I'm assuming that if I delete and
> recreate
> > > the mailbox, any messages in queue will just get returned--but if you
> know
> > > way to get that mail now, I'll take that too.)
> > >
> > > Thanks!!
> > >
> > > Doreen

0
a-cphil (97)

History and Activity Views
Under Account: In the History and Activity views it should be possible to display: The Contact that each item refers to For E-mail the direction (in/out) of the message Under Contact: For E-mail the direction (in/out) of the message ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mes...

Exchange 2003
On Exchange 5.5 you could use Mailbox Cleanup to delete all messages in a users mailbox. How do you do that with Exchange 2003? Thanks! cj A recipient policy. If you go under Recipients->recipient policy you can create a new recipient policy of the Mailbox Manager type. You can there set the settings you would like. Also remember that you will have to setup the filter to get those users that you would like the policy to hit. The process for the E2K3 version of Mailbox manager is very similar to that of E2K. 319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 ...

Only one mailbox gets an email when sent to forwarded mailbox
Hello Have an issue where a user has their mailbox, and a group mailbox that is forwarded to them. What will happen is from time to time, someone will copy both the user, and the group mailbox in an email, and the email will only goto the one group mailbox. There is a rule saying if emails come in from group mailbox, file them in this folder. Is there a way so that the email shows up in both mailboxes? (just so if there are handheld devices with only one mailbox setup it shows up on there). Thanks. On Feb 20, 5:14 pm, "DukeN" <hoopi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello >...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

import and export not available on file menu
hello and thanks in advance for any help provided... When accessing outlook 2003, the import and export feature is not visibnle on the file menu. I am looking for information related to changing this so this option will permamnetly appear on the File menu. thanks jeff Try resetting your toolbars. Right click any toolbar and choose customize. Then switch to the first tab in that dialog box and click the Menu bar. Click the Reset button. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgr...

Save As in Excel
Hi all, Ever seen a situation where the File - Save as option is greyed out - yet if you modify your tolbar to include Save As icon it works and also if you minimuse the file in question and right click it's header the Save as works there also? THanks Gill Does it happen with all your workbooks? If yes, maybe you can just reset that toolbar. tools|Customize|toolbars tab select Worksheet menu bar click reset You'll lose any customization done to that toolbar, though. Gill Leo wrote: > > Hi all, > > Ever seen a situation where the File - Save as option is > ...

MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store, Event 1025
E2K3 SP2 on W2K3 SP1 The event below happend on one of my server. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 7/26/2006 Time: 9:15:07 AM User: N/A Computer: MXCA2 Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\General-MXCA2". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID c-C4E58) Retrying without optimization. Hello, Thank you for posting. According to my research, this event can be safely i...

reconnected mailbox
Hello I disconnected two users in exchange only (ad account still active), UserA wanted UserB mailbox . So reconnected UserB mailfile to UserA account. had the user delete the profile on their PC and recreate. UserA was prompted for UserB ad login. The only way I was able to get this to stop prompting UserA for a password was to give them send as and full to UserB mailfile on the server. Is this the correct why? is there something in AD that needs to be done? thanks ...

When is the first service pack going to be available ????
When is the first service pack going to be available for Money 2005 ? As it is now, it's absolutely useless. I spent more than 6 hours migrating my stuff over from 2003 only to find out that it crashes every time it tries to sync up with banks. I'm aghast at Microsoft actually releasing this thing when it's no obviously not ready. Probably around 9/1/2005 if the past is any indication. It'll be called Money 2006. "Kurt" <kurt123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:206201c4a8d4$38667b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When is the first service pack going to b...

Mailbox Limits #7
I trying to receive an email and I non delivery report stating that This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. it gives me an error code 5.2.3 which I know ot mean that the message length exceeds administrative limit. I chnaged the defualt message delivery options to no limit. Is there any way to change the sending and receiving limit on a per user basis but keep what the defualt global setting is. If I'm not mistaken whatever is more restrictive will...

Disconnected Mailboxes Reconnect After the Owner Is Removed from A
Have the problem listedin this Qarticle- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326593- problem with the resolution is that It has me manually purgine each mailbox. Mailbox clean does not detlete the mailboxes and I have 3000 with this condidtion. I am Running Exchange 2000. Is there a way for me to select multiple mailboxes at one time to be purged. Thanks for any assisitance ...

Delete User Mailbox Exchanger Server 2003
I am trying to delete a user. We have just upgraded to SBS 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Exchange will not allow me to delete the mail box. I get the following error message:4/10/2004 9:08 AM ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- Remove user on date: Sat Apr 10 09:08:50 2004 User account name: LDAP://CN=Allen Olson,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=axiomre2,DC=loc al Home folder: \\SERVER2\Users\Allen Failed to delete user's quota with error [0x80070050]. This can occur if the user still has files on the server. The user account cou...

Moving Connector mailboxes
Hi, I have Zetafax installed in my Exchange 2000 Enterprise environment. It makes use of the Zetafax for Exchange Connector which is in the First Storage group DB created during the Exchange install. I'm trying to defrag the priv1.edb and .stm files, but it crashes out telling me there is corruption. When I run isinteg -fix, it tells me there is one attachement warning. All other tests run through clear yet it won't fix it. For this reason I wish to delete the priv1 DB. I've moved out all the user mailboxes to another Storage group and DB so all that remains is the ZFC...

People sending me email get a Mailbox Full Message
Hi People are getting this message even though my mailbox is empty. It's a Dell we just bought and got up and running so our Outlook Express is empty except for a few emails. Where can I go to change settings or see details on why it's telling people the mailbox is full and kicking back their emails? "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42C6F515-A0BF-485A-B2BF-680CE5BD95AC@microsoft.com... > Hi > > People are getting this message even though my mailbox is empty. It's a Dell we just bought and got up and running so our Out...

visual report in excel is disconnected from the Project plan
hello, i've generated an excel visual report. i open the excel, and get the message: "cannot connect to cube file..." is there anyway to overcome that and reconnect to the Project program? thanks, Nirit. Hi all. i figured it out. go to Visual reports tab. press "save data" and save cube file. then connect the cube file you saved to the program. (with the wizard). "nirit" wrote: > hello, > i've generated an excel visual report. > i open the excel, and get the message: "cannot connect to cube file..." > is there an...

New storage
Hi, We have installed a new shelf where we will be relocating our mailbox stores to (multiple SGs with multiple stores in each). We have two options to move: 1. Straight move the databases via the ESM 2. Create a new mailbox store on the new volume, then use the move mailbox wizard to move mailboxes to new mailbox store, once all mailboxes moved from source we delete the source store. I would like to use option 2, this would minimise the downtime that users will experience, are there any disadvantages associated with this option? Thanks Matthew Hi, Either is fine really. 2. Is a b...

Forecast available on site : http://www.forecastmarket.com, Next Forecasts at midday #2
Best Regards ! Al ...

Autotext Available in Outlook?
Is Autotext available in Outlook 2003? In the last email client I was using I could create Autotext "shortcuts" for common phrases that I use frequently. For example, I had created several "signoffs", as they can vary so much from message to message, it's not practical to build them into signatures. Following are a few examples: kr = Kind regards, br = Best regards aml = All my love ld = Love, Dad And so on. When finishing an email message, depending of course on whom the recipient was, I could just type one of the above Autotext shortcuts followed immediately by ...

Mailbox Cleanup
Where can I find some information on what happens when I run mailbox cleanup. I would like to know if this (archives) older emails or if it just makes sure that all of the accounts are in good shape. My client has to have access to all of their emails, inclunding past sent, recieived, and deleted items. I am just curious if Mailbox Cleanup will move/delete any of these form their Echange account. Thanks in advance. Chris Mailbox cleanup make these thinks: - remove the deleted mailboxes after the retension delay has expired - remove the deleted email after the retension delay has exp...

QSImport Availability?
I am looking into migrating my current POS/inventory environment to the RMS system. I have acquired the demo, but am surprised by the lack of migratory tools included with the cd. I have heard of the mythical QSImport utility and accept all disclaimers, this tool would really help me convince my employer of the feasibility and functionality of the transition, not to mention save me hours of blood, sweat and tears. Please advise as to where I can acquire this software. Thanks! ...

Visio 2003 SP1 now available
Microsoft has released Service Pack 1 for Visio 2003. This coincides with the release of Office 2003 SP1. (Some language versions of the product will be released over the next few weeks.) The simplest way to get SP1 is to go to Help > Check for Updates from any Office application. This will take you to the Office Online site where you can update your system. If you want to download the Visio service pack directly, here is the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AFCA0578-E1FB-4540-B0CC-FF83DEF61CC6&displaylang=en For a description of changes, check here: ...

The Webpage you requested is not available off line.
I use Windows Vista Home Premium and Int. Explorer 8. When I sign into my ISP I get the following message: “The webpage you requested is not available off line.” How can I eliminate this message? Thanks, Jerry 6/8/10 On 08 Jun 2010, =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I use Windows Vista Home Premium and Int. Explorer 8. > > When I sign into my ISP I get the following message: “The > webpage you requested is not available off line.” > > How can I eliminate this message?...

Reconnect Mailboxes
Hi there, I've just finished doing a restore of mailboxes using Veritas 9.1. For some reason it hasn't mapped the email accounts to the user accounts (in ESM all mailboxes have a little red cross next to them)!! Is there a simple way of reconnecting multiple user mailboxes? I have 1000+ users and don't fancy doing them one-by-one!! Thanks very much/... On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:41:25 -0700, "Alan Jones" <Alan Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I've just finished doing a restore of mailboxes using Veritas 9.1. For some >reason...

Reconnecting after ODBC timeout
I have an Access 2003 database that has linked tables in a SQL Server 2000 database. My problem is that when the ODBC connection to the SQL Server database times out, I have to exit Access and start the Access database back up to reconnect to the ODBC data source. Is there a way that I can programmatically reconnect to the ODBC data source without having to exit and start over? Thanks, Larry On Dec 19 2007, 10:37 am, Larry <La...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an Access 2003 database that has linked tables in a SQL Server 2000 > database. My problem is that wh...

archiving old mailboxes
Hello. We are using Exch 2003 with Outlook 2003 on client machines. What is the absolute easiest and quickest way to archive mailboxes for people who leave the organization? I'd like to take them completely off of the mail server to free up space, but be able to recall there mail in some fasion if need be...would it be to exmerge the boxes to a pst file...and then have a dedicated drive with the archived pst files on it with Outlook installed (but not Outlook Exchange Mode)? .....or is there an easier way?? Thanks Use Exmerge to extract to PST (some orgs require storing this on ...