Reconnect multiple users

Hello,

I have to reconnect many users from a restore to their respective AD
accounts. Is there any way to automate this task with a script so that I
don't have to reconnect users one by one.

Thanks,

Lotfi
0
Lotfi (3)

MBConn.exe
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Lotfi" <Lotfi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have to reconnect many users from a restore to their respective AD
> accounts. Is there any way to automate this task with a script so that I
> don't have to reconnect users one by one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lotfi

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/24/2005 4:55:32 PM
Tested and it works fine.

Thanks,

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> MBConn.exe
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "Lotfi" <Lotfi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have to reconnect many users from a restore to their respective AD
> > accounts. Is there any way to automate this task with a script so that I
> > don't have to reconnect users one by one.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lotfi

0
Lotfi (3)
10/24/2005 5:57:02 PM
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:57:02 -0700, "Lotfi"
<Lotfi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Tested and it works fine.

Note that if you are using Exchange 2003 , you can use the Mailbox
Recovery Center in the ESM to accomplish this as well.

>Thanks,
>
>"Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> MBConn.exe
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "Lotfi" <Lotfi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have to reconnect many users from a restore to their respective AD
>> > accounts. Is there any way to automate this task with a script so that I
>> > don't have to reconnect users one by one.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Lotfi

0
adavid (8731)

Can I unhide multiple sheets at once?
Some of my Excel files contain many hidden sheets. When I want to make changes to the hidden sheets, I have to individually unhide them and this takes a long time. Is there a way to unhide all hidden sheets at once? This would be a huge timesaver! How about a toggle that flips Visible to Hidden and vice versa Sub ToggleHiddenSheets() 'If only selected sheets are to be hidden, then a toggle works well Dim wkSht As Worksheet Dim statStr As String Dim cnt As Long cnt = 0 For Each wkSht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets If wkSht.Visible = False Then ...

Saving User Selections in Access Pivot Table
I am working with an Access 2003 application that contains 6-7 Pivot Tables. The actual database file is in Access 2000 format. I've been tasked with finding a way to save the user's field selections so they can be easily reloaded if and when the database, including the query on which the Pivot Table is built, is refreshed. Can anyone tell me a) where and how Access stores those settings b) how I can access them to save and reload them Much of the reading I have done always begins with creating a form. These queries are not linked to a form. ...

How do I display multiple charts on one page?
Is there a way to display multiple charts from different worksheets on one page for print out in Excel? Or, is there a way to somehow merge the chart information of two or more charts into one single graph without altering the unique characteristics of each one? I have 4 charts of the stacked column type with related information that I need to display on the same sheet. Hi, Yes you can use the charts Location option to place a chartobject on a chart sheet instead of a worksheet. To create a blank chart sheet press F11 making sure the active cell is empty and not adjacent to any popula...

Excel
Is it possible to produce a top 10 using a column range across mutiple worksheets within a workbook. If you copy this down 10 rows you will get the 10 largest values if there are ties they will be included (of course if there are 3 10th values only the first will be included) =LARGE(Sheet1:Sheet3!$A$1:$A$10,ROW(1:1)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "quality831" <quality831@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AAFCE77-76CE-4F1F-98C8-ABB019CF13FE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to produce a top 10 using a column range across mutiple > worksheets within a w...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

MULTIPLE COPIES USING SELECTOBJECT
I need to be able to tell the printer how many copies to print depending on the type of invoice. I am using the following logic DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, rst!ReportName, False DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2 However, the database window is not visible when users are running the program. How do I get it so that the db window does not pop up when they go to print? I do not want print preview, it has to be a direct print sent to the printer. Any help appreciated. Kim P -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200709/1 ...

inventory user access any location & update balance
inventory user can access any location defined in GP setup locations and perform transactions (transfer, adjustment) that affects the item's balance without control from user side. expected to have the transactions came from outside user to my location to be pending and will not update any item balance unless it is approved from user and those transactions should be stored in DB with information about who, when, where those transaction are made. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

Sorting multiple columns
Howdy everyone, I'm having a problem in excel that I can't figure out, and I thought someone here might have a good solution. Basically what I am trying to do, is take anywhere from 2-10ish columns of data, sort it, and have identical data lined up on the same row. The data will always be names. For example.... The original data might look like: Code: -------------------- A B C D 1 Bill Chuck Dave Derek 2 Chuck Bill Derek Dave 3 Jane Jane Fred Murphy 4 Jim Murphy Murphy Chuck 5 Fred Jim ...

AD users&computers
Windows 2k3 Server and Exchange 2k3 I installed adminpak on another XP workstation to setup users account. After created account I realised the user's account didn't have Exchange email account created. What sort of application I need in order to have user's account created within AD and Exchange apart from accessing the server physically? You need the Exchange System Manager integration with Active Directory Users and Computers. Install ESM by using the Exchange CD (Custom Install). After that, you should be able to right-click on the user in question to add a mailbox. Alt...

Etech should log a user out when they close internet explorer
When a user closes internet explorer while logged into Etech it does not log them off. Not sure if this is bug or not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1fef...

Multiple Offsets
Hi all, I have a worksheet with the following code listed below. The idea is that once a cell in a particular row is populated with an 11 digit claim# it will jump to the first cell 2 columns over at the top of the particular table of claim#'s. I hope that makes sense. Anyways the first Function works fine, when I put an 11 digit claim# in row 11 and press enter the correct cell is selected at the top of the next column I want to enter in. However when I try to do the same in Rows 23, 35, and 47 nothing happens. My code is the same for these functions so I can't fig...

selecting multiple sheet tabs and open another workbook
I often have to move or copy data from multiple worksheets at a time and paste them in a new workbook. My problem is that when I have multiple sheets selected, and then open another workbook, Excel 'forgets' about the multiple sheets I have selected, and remembers only the first sheet. The result is that when I think I am copying data from mutliple sheets at once (which is what I want to do), I am actually only copying data from the first sheet. This is extremely annoying - why does Excel think it knows what I want to do better than I do? If I select multiple sheets I expect the...

reconnected mailbox
Hello I disconnected two users in exchange only (ad account still active), UserA wanted UserB mailbox . So reconnected UserB mailfile to UserA account. had the user delete the profile on their PC and recreate. UserA was prompted for UserB ad login. The only way I was able to get this to stop prompting UserA for a password was to give them send as and full to UserB mailfile on the server. Is this the correct why? is there something in AD that needs to be done? thanks ...

Join Multiple Pages
I am creating a huge family tree and will need to join multiple pages. What is the best way to do this? Also, is there a place / business that could print a large (i.e. 2 feet X 3 feet) document on one page from my file? You can set the size of a Visio page as large as you like (within reason). YOu can then print on multiple pages of A4 or letter or a larger page found. Kinkos, Staples and any of the other businesss stores can print in a large format. YOu will have to check with them for a common format they can use. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/...

spam getting sent to users other than recipient
I have a user who is getting email that was sent to other users. It is usually spam. There is no forwarding set on the accounts in question. I have an exchange 5.5 server running on a Windows 2000 Server. Both have the most recent service packs and the clients are Windows 2000 Pro with Outlook 2000. How can it be sent to the user when they weren't even in the original email header? They may be in the BCC field. You'll never be able to see that, not even in the header. "Jason Gallas" <jgallas@usa.nospam.net> wrote in message news:Of5tFjtqDHA.2440@TK2MSFTNGP10.p...

Multiple Criteria Lookup Question
How do I do a table lookup with more than 1 criteria? On Sheet1, I have a range containing Last Names, First Names, and Phone Numbers. For example, 1 Last_Name First_Name Phone_Number 2 Smith Bob 555-1231 3 Jones Tom 555-6789 4 Smith Sue 555-2345 5 Anderson Tom 555-3456 etc... This table is not sorted. There are may be multiple people with the same last name (e.g. many Smiths) and multiple people with the same first name (e.g. many Toms), but the combination of last name and f...

Get user to enter all information
I've developed a project database that works quite well - but often times users can be lax in entering all necessary data. I've got a sub routine that fires for the Form's BeforeUpdate event that can check the main form's controls - but I run into trouble with the subforms. In order to stop the user leaving the record before the information is entered, I Cancel the BeforeUpdate event...but the record must update in order to set focus to a subform. At the moment I'm using the following logic: If ControlName = 0 then MsgBox "Enter Data message" ControlName.S...

Can I move a mailbox while the user is connected to it?
Hi, Can I move a mailbox to a new Exchange Server while the user is connected and using the mailbox through Microsoft Outlook? Thanks in advance Faustino Well, yes, but the user will not maintain their connection :-) It's generally not recommended to move mailboxes while Outlook is active - it normally shoudn't cause problems with the actual move, but different version of Outlook behave differently when the connection is forcefully closed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Faustino Dina" <ffdina@matusa.com.mx> wrote in message news:O8tO2tQwEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11...

Multiple pages
When I use Publisher, it allows me to make a multiple page document on A4 paper folded in half, giving me four pages on one sheet of paper. (i.e. If I made it 8 pages, it would automatically print it out on pages oriented to make up a booklet with the pages in the order they appear on the screen.) Is there a way to set up word to do the same thing? On my PC at work I don't have publisher, but I do at home. I want to produce a specification in Word at work and print it out the same way publisher does. Is this possible? If so, could someone please explain in 'idiots guide' language h...

Importing contacts for various users
Is there a way to use the import procedure to bring multiple user's contacts into MS CRM at one time? In my tests, the account owner defaults to the logged in user at the time of the import. Thanks, David The import tool in the web GUI lets you import .csv files, so you could just export each Outlook address book into a csv file. Add columns in it for owner name, and then when you import them you can map the owner name column to the user in CRM (make sure you set up each user first in CRM). You will be prompted to do a lookup to match each owner name with the user. If you have a ...

multiple SMTP under X.400 Queues
to whome it may concern: I also notice that my newly installed Exchange 2000 server has 2 SMTP Queues under the X.400 Queues. Is this right? most of my Exchange Server has only 1. thank you. ...

set the print area print multiple tabs
I am trying to designate the same print area on 70+ different tabs in the same work book so that I can send them all to print at once as 70+ individual pdf's. If I select more than one tab at a time, I dont have the option to set the print area. I think there are two issues: 1) How do I set the print area for all the tabs at the same time 2) How do I send each tab to print to Adobe PDF one at a time so that they each become their own .pdf? Is there another way to batch print different tabs? Help Me Automate!! Please! veng The PDF stuff is out of my realm but I'll addres...

Disconnected Mailboxes Reconnect After the Owner Is Removed from A
Have the problem listedin this Qarticle- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326593- problem with the resolution is that It has me manually purgine each mailbox. Mailbox clean does not detlete the mailboxes and I have 3000 with this condidtion. I am Running Exchange 2000. Is there a way for me to select multiple mailboxes at one time to be purged. Thanks for any assisitance ...

Multiple OLE Inserted objects
Hi, It we attach more than one object (for example 2 separate excel worksheets), what is the visual clue that will tell me that there are in fact two attachments and not one. I have tried attaching as an icon but the second icon sits on top of the first and hides it. Any comments or suggestions would be most helpful! Thanks JP, Not sure I understand. If the Icons are one on top of the other, why can't you just unstack them? You can move around and/or drog and drop icons or objects in the container window at will. As far as visual cues go, the paper clip holding the paper is the...

Sorting multidimensional tables/multiple selections
I have several big matrices (1200*50) on different worksheets. It is a time-series data, so row headings are dates and column headings are firms. Cells are stock earnings, every worksheet using a different principle for calculating them. I need to sort this data like this: every row (daily revenues) in the first matrix (1. worksheet) in a descending/ascending order and all the other matrices should sort accordingly. This is because I need for example the smallest five values from the first matrice's rows and then the according values of those five firms from the other matrices. So I sh...