Recommendations for Exchange Monitoring

Hi,
Anyone have any 3rd Party recommendations for monitoring Exchagne 2000/2003
environments? I am looking for something beyond basic Performance Monitor
type stuff.
Thanks.
0
markj (32)

There are several.

Microsoft Operations Manager
NetIQ
Quest

I'd stay away from Tivoli, BMC or CA.

"markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Anyone have any 3rd Party recommendations for monitoring Exchagne
> 2000/2003
> environments? I am looking for something beyond basic Performance Monitor
> type stuff.
> Thanks.

I have not had much luck with Quest either.

Fred

"Jim Schwartz" <shamusnc@not.spam.earthlink.net> wrote in message
> There are several.
>
> Microsoft Operations Manager
> NetIQ
> Quest
>
> I'd stay away from Tivoli, BMC or CA.
>
> "markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> Anyone have any 3rd Party recommendations for monitoring Exchagne
>> 2000/2003
>> environments? I am looking for something beyond basic Performance Monitor
>> type stuff.
>> Thanks.

0
fredt2 (48)

exchange *.log files ASQ
ASQ=another stupid question thanks for you help with my previous question about log files I have another silly question : after backuping with msbackup, the log file disappear. If I rotate my backup tapes, one day I will "overwrite" my first day backup - and with it my *.log files....is it ok? its stupid question, but because everywhere is written that log files are important for DR , i am nervous about this... thanks Yes, it is OK to overwrite old backups. Just make sure that you check result of previous backup often even to not to lose last successfull backup. Also please re...

Pre and post script for Exchange 2007 backup
How would I do a pre-backup and post-backup script for my clustered exchange 2007 environment? An example on how to set archive bit is available at: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager&mid=c8627b13-acc8-4f91-b751-9a2fa0f33f5d&sloc=en-us Please find more information about using the pre/post scripts for other data source like exchange and others at:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808870.aspx Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Need to recreate Exchange virtual directory
Hi Running Exchange 2003 sp2 on Windows 2003 sp1. I need to recreate the Exchange Vdir's how do i go about this? Thanks I've done this successfully a couple of times using option #2 in the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380/en-us "skip" wrote: > Hi Running Exchange 2003 sp2 on Windows 2003 sp1. I need to recreate the > Exchange Vdir's how do i go about this? > > Thanks Right on! Thanks "kj2n" wrote: > I've done this successfully a couple of times using option #2 in the > following KB article: http://s...

Anyone using GFI Faxmaker Exchange?
Can anyone tell me if they use this product? I am trying to get a high-level overview of its usage - can someone describe their setup? Thank you. Faxmaker has a nifty little feature that will detect the faxnumber from the document and fax it without any further user intervention. For instance, each month I have to fax off 50 suppliers remmitance advices. These advices are generated from our accounts package and in the "old days" we would print them out and stand over a fax machine sending them one by one. Now, we print them to a Faxmaker printer called "NetPrintQueue2Fax...

Hardware and Software Recommendations?
Hi, I work for a non-profit agency, and have a server I need to replace. Cost is a factor, but I want to buy something that will last for several years, so I'm trying to find the right mix of price/performance. We have a SBS 2003 server and 3 Windows 2003 servers. The machine I need to replace is one of the Win 2003 servers. It currently acts as a DC, print and file server. I have 2 mirrored EIDE drives for the OS and I have 2 mirrored 250Gb EIDE drives that have user shared folders on them, with about 150Gb in use. I also have a couple of 3rd party apps that will need...

IMS Routing question Exchange 5.5
Anyone got any thoughts on this issue? I work for Siemens and every Siemens employee has a @siemens.com address. Our Exchange servers are not tied together either. So when a generic smtp process from our company needs to send a email to a external @siemens.com address, it will get a undeliverable because its trying to route that back into our server. I dont know how to make it try the inside then route to inside if it doesnt find the match in our GAL. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks. Tie the servers together. On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:07:04 -0700, Jerry Farkas <JerryFarkas@disc...

NDIS Passthru and Network Monitor
Hi. I am writing a driver that is based on the NDIS Passthru from the WDK. I would like to work this driver on the WAN interface for logging PPP frames. If the driver is installed with Network Monitor, the logging is OK. But if without Network Monitor, the logging is NG and the PtReceive function of the passthru isn't called. Why? OS: Windows Vista SP1 WDK: 7600.16385.0 NM: Network Monitor 3.3 It is a NDIS 5.1 Intermediate Filter Driver and isn't NDIS 6.x Filter Driver. Because we have to support Windows XP too. The installation order is not important and the...

Exchange Server 2003 #7
Does anyone know how to check if there were any blocked emails? What I have is exchange server 2003 getting email from an external pop3 server then delivering the email to differwnt mailboxes within my company. I have been having a problem getting ALL the mail. I think some of it is being blocked somewhere. Thanks in advance, Alma In news:6C3D7561-926F-429C-88EE-A3EA8091A7BB@microsoft.com, Alma <Alma@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Does anyone know how to check if there were any blocked emails? What > I have is exchange server 2003 getting email from an external pop3 >...

Software Recommendation
Hello, I don't usually post a recommendation for software that helps out the software developers, however today is different. A little while ago I was looking around on the internet for programs, and I stumbled across an application that will analyze a computer program, and will tell you what DLLs and other files (like OCXs) that the application needs in order for it to run. This program is called Dependcy and can be found at: http://camtech2000.com/Pages/Useful.html I hope everyone will try this software, because it sure has helped me find out what files my software needs at r...

Questions on Exchange 2003 (smtp & exch attributes)
Good day, Well bit by bit my exchange migration is proceeding. I'm quite impressed with the tools available for this procedure and hope the project wraps up without incident (touch wood). Having said that, I do have 2 questions - one on smtp (5.5 <> 03) that wasn't really covered in the deployment guide and another on recipient exchange attributes (which is just due to my inexperience with the product). SMTP. - Our 5.5 server (192.168.0.1) is currently running IMS and a smtp connector to the 2003 box, mail flows both ways fine. Our firewall routes mail from our valid...

Book Recommendation Needed
Can anyone suggest a good book or other source of comprehensive information about C++ as implemented in Visual Studio 2008? I learned a lot about C from various books, particularly the Waite Group's "Microsoft C Bible," which is very useful. I was introduced to C++ by studying the Gurewich book "Teach Yourself Visual C++ 4 in 21 Days." Again, very useful, but much of it doesn't relate to the current version of C++. I'm struggling to learn how to use the current version of C++. Microsoft's Help files indeed contain a lot of information, but most topics...

Exchange Key Management Service enrollment problems
I have a problem regarding Exchange Key Management Service. When I try to enroll or recover user e-mail security token I get this error: "The message from the Microsoft Exchange Key Management Server could not be processed. Contact your administrator for a new security token, and set up advanced security again." Any help will be appreciated Best Regards, Raz ...

Office 2008 "Student Select" and Exchange
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi. My university is offering Office 2008 at a discounted price for students and faculty. It's listed as the &quot;Student Select&quot; version. The product features say that it has support for Exchange Server. I want to make sure that's true before buying. I already have the &quot;Home and Student&quot; version of Office 2008, and it does NOT allow for Entourage to connect to Exchange servers. We are running Exchange 2003 at work. Will the Student Select version allow me to have a full c...

Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation on MDB
Hi, I have the following problem with my exchange server. After moving the store to an other server. The old server is out of service. ======================================================= Event Type: Error Event Source: EXOLEDB Event Category: General Event ID: 111 Date: 3/7/2005 Time: 10:23:02 AM User: N/A Computer: EXRW01 Description: Microsoft Exchange OLEDB was unable to do Schema propagation on MDB startup HRESULT = 0x80040e19. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ====...

Exchange 2003 Question #4
First question: Are there any MS Newsgroups devoted to Exchange 2003 and/or Windows 2003 Server?? I see groups for 2000, but nothing for 2k3. Now the BIG Question: How/Where do i set permissions to give myself "God Rights" in Exchange 2003? In my Exchange 2000 environment i have full access to every mailbox. I can open any of them by going through OWA using the syntax http://Exchange.ServerName/Exchange/UserName/inbox. When the logon security prompt comes up, i just put in my own account information and voila, i'm in! I've checked all the layers of security within the ...

Who could recommend me an article about class CListView?
Hello all: I want to know well the class CListView in detail, such as style,extended style,and message,and so on, Who could recommend me an article about class CListView? Thank you very much. "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23PCH3dPNGHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > I want to know well the class CListView in detail, > such as style,extended style,and message,and so on, > Who could recommend me an article about class CListView? > Thank you very much. > > Here's a place to start. From this link, you'l...

Read-Only Recommended
Is it possible to set a document as Read-Only Recommended in Office 2007? It was pretty easy to do so in 2003 but I cannot find the option in 2007. On May 17, 5:49=A0pm, adlerdm <adle...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to set a document as Read-Only Recommended in Office 2007?= =A0It > was pretty easy to do so in 2003 but I cannot find the option in 2007. WORD 2007 1. Review / Protect group / click on on Protect Document / the Restict Formatting and Editing Task Pane should open on the right hand side. 2. In:- 2. Editing restrictions - p...

Touch Screen Recommendations
Does anyone have any touch screen recommendations? This includes hardware and anything that would be important to know in setting them up. Thanks. The ELO's are VERY nice worked great so far J "Doug W" <doug.wiesner@PTDTechnology.com> wrote in message news:29ceb7c9.0408310719.2f13a31c@posting.google.com... > Does anyone have any touch screen recommendations? This includes > hardware and anything that would be important to know in setting them > up. > > Thanks. Try CRS IT 2000 15" Touch and computer all in one. "ParkRanger" <bfgpaint...

Exchange 2003 in 2000 AD Domain
Hi All: Any known issues with bringing up a 2003 Exchange box in a 2000 AD domain Thanks No "issues". Certain functionality (like RPC over HTTPS) requires Windows 2003 GCs. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "DJ" <no@none.com> wrote in message news:ee5Y2lgbGHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi All: > > Any known issues with bringing up a 2003 Exchange box in a 2000 AD domain > > Thanks > ...

Find the MS Exchange Server I use to set-up Outlook 2003
Outlook will not open without entering the Exchange Server. How do I find that? Are you trying to just collect Internet mail or are you in an office that might have an Exchange Server? "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DFA33B0-79C4-4837-A77A-4475D74BE87F@microsoft.com... > Outlook will not open without entering the Exchange Server. How do I find > that? go to control panel, mail and delete the profile and create a new one with the correct acct type. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

No Files stored when Backing up Exchange Information Store using NTBackup
Hi, Hope someone can help with this: We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition on a Windows Server 2003 box and using NtBackup for nightly backups. While other backups run and verify ok, the Information Store backup(or EXIFS job as we have named it) appears to run ok, stating that it has backed up what appears to be the correct numbers of files & bytes. However if this is then verified as part of the backup job the verification shows 0 files but the correct number of bytes. If we then browse the backup media using ntbackup's restore tab it shows the correct folders but ...

Exchange Recovery Question #3
I use Symantec's LiveState to do most of my system backups at work. Early Monday morning (around 1 - 2 AM )a power failure took down our exchange server. Testing the database showed some corruption, as well as a couple damaged / missing log files from around that time. I did a restore of the E: drive (mail store) that had completed around midnight. We're back up and working; however I have lost almost a full day (Monday) of email. Before restoring the E: drive, I xcopied all the files that had originally been on the E: drive to a temp directory on C:. I'm unsure now how to integrat...

Installing Exchange
Test envoirenment. One forest 2 domains. Local.com and Comp.com local.com -> All five roles holder. (Win2000 DC) comp.com->holds 2 roles. (Win2003 DC) Admin can create/manage users on either domains from both sides. Ran ADPREP and Forestprep etc Trying to install Ex2003Enterprise Version on a member server in comp.com domain. And end up with this error message ..... COMPONENT"MICROSOFT EXCHANGE MESSAGING AND COLLABORATION SERVICES"CANNOT NE ASSIGNED THE ACTION ISNTALL .....You either do not have permissions t complete the operation or AD has not replicated all the nec...

Exchange 2003 Problems
Exchange 2003 allowed one of my users (using Outlook 98) to copy an empty folder onto its subfolder (with 23 items) and created a nest of subfolders that was almost 7000 layers deep with over 80,000 items (same 23 items repeated almost 3500 times). The loop continued until Exchange 2003 ran out of memory and shut off leaving a 1.8 Gigabyte mailbox that could not be purged from the server. How was this possible since the system will not allow the user to open more than 500 folders at a time (limit for MAPI) ? I did find the "Information Store Viewer" (MDBVU32) on the Microsoft websi...

Book Recommendation?
Hi, I am an Access developer with some experience writing macros in Excel. I wonder if someone would be able to recommend a good developer level book for excel programming. I have the Access Developers Handbook set and VBA Developers Handbook by Ken Getz & Mike Gilbert. Looking for something that details the Excel object model and how to make best use of the power of Excel formula's and functions (especially from a financial point of view). Any guidance would be much appreciated. Barry-Jon I would recommend Excel 2002 VBA Programmers Reference by John Greem, Stephen Bullen, Ro...