Recipients problem in received mails

Hi,

We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4.
Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server.

Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have in
To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the
organization. We started thinking how come the user gets another user's mail
because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field. When I checked
the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message that came
to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the Outlook
2003+SP2 showed only one recipient and not the all recipients. This happened
couple of times for mails coming from outside and not inside mails.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Haim Beyhan

0
haimb (30)

Is it a new sort of spam sending ?
It might be that unseen user names are in bcc ? Cause when I check the
Tracking Center, I see all names in To: field.

Haim

"Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4.
> Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server.
>
> Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have
> in To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the
> organization. We started thinking how come the user gets another user's
> mail because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field. When I
> checked the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message
> that came to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the
> Outlook 2003+SP2 showed only one recipient and not the all recipients.
> This happened couple of times for mails coming from outside and not inside
> mails.
>

> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Haim Beyhan

0
haimb (30)
10/29/2006 3:29:32 PM
"Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote:

>We're using Exchange 2003+SP2 in mixed mode with Exchange 5.5 SP4.
>Most of the user mailboxes already moved to new Exchange server.
>
>Since the move some of the people started getting mails that do not have in
>To: field the real recipient name but another user name from the
>organization.

That sounds like it's a "real" e-mail address.

>We started thinking how come the user gets another user's mail
>because there was only one recipient name in the "To:" field.

The "To:" and "Cc:" headers are the "visible" addresses. The "Bcc:"
addresses aren't visible in the received e-mail.

>When I checked
>the Exchange server, I saw in Message Tracking Center the message that came
>to that user was actually intended for couple of users but the Outlook
>2003+SP2 showed only one recipient and not the all recipients. This happened
>couple of times for mails coming from outside and not inside mails.

>Any suggestions ?

Start using a spam filter. It won't help with what you describe, but
it will reduce the amount of junk e-mail that winds up in user's
mailboxes.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Please urgent help needed: VB problem
Dear Sirs, I tried to add a clock code to my DB form in VB – all out of a sudden I got an electricity failure. I tried to open my DB form again in design mode to continue but immediately a Microsoft message appears (Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error report.). I do not even get a chance to open the VB code, because as soon as I click on “send error report” Access is closing down. If I would like to open my form in form view I get immediately the following error message: The expression OnOpen as the event property setting produced the follow...

outlook sending e-mail error
When I send an e-mail I get the following error: 500 Unauthorized relay msg rejected. my third part e-mail exchanges says it is because Outlook is trying to send the mail before checking for incoming e- mail. Their servers require the incoming to be checked before the it will allow an e-mail to be sent. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Set your authentication on the server tab of your mail account properties to use the same credentials as your incoming server. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.gro...

laptop serious video problem
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop M105-S3084 running Windows XP which today started giving me scary video problems that I do not know how to figure out. When I boot up the laptop, the screen shows the initial BIOS bootup screen (with "click F2 to setup .... etc." at the bottom). This stays on for 1 second and the screen goes dark. The disc drive light goes on but nothing appears on the screen. I have a BIOS password, so when I guess that request has appeared and enter it and press enter and notice that the bootup into XP continues (because the drive light goes back on) but...

WYSIWYG problem with Font
IN the document I created, I used Wordart to create a small headline, which looks great in my document. However, when I do a print preview or print, the headline is moved partially off the page, even tho' it does not seem any larger. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Terry L. Lampel Cup of Cold Water Terry, You are welcome to send the file to me and let me see if I can figure out what's wrong. If you want to accept my offer, send the file to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "BearPair" <BearPair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Lotus Notes not saving e-mail to Sent folder
I'm stumped on this one. I've been all over the Internet looking for a solution as to why this code refuses to save the sent e-mail in the Lotus Notes Sent folder. This is mostly borrowed code, so kudos to the creator, but I'm lost on how to get it to work for my purposes. Thanks! Sub SendEmail(EmailAddress As Variant) Application.ScreenUpdating = False '****************************************************************************** ' Code Created 01/20/2004, MEMSr. ' This Module was created so the end-user can automatically save as an Excel ' file...

Archiving problem
Hi, we have a problem with archiving mails from exchange 2000 to outlook pst file on client pc. If I run archive option, it will only create a directory structure of mailbox but do not move any items. If i run archive from pst to another pst, it works fine. Can anyone help me? Jiri Elias <jiri.elias@spika.cz> wrote: > we have a problem with archiving mails from exchange 2000 to outlook > pst file on client pc. > If I run archive option, it will only create a directory structure of > mailbox but do not move any items. If items aren't moved, chances are their modi...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

OAB Problem
I have 2 Exchange 2K3 SP1 servers running in the same admin group, different physical locations. Server A hosts the public folders. I have installed Outlook 2K3 SP1 in cache mode on a user on Server B. A week later, I notice that anyone on Server B can't download the Offline Addressbook in Outlook...? Any ideas...? Will replicating the public folders to Server B resolve the problem. Thanks, Tom... In the Store's properties on ServerB, what's listed under "Offline address list"? Replicating OAB wouldn't hurt. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ------------------...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

problems with tabs
after installing service pack one for Office XP I lost all my tabs in a previous publication. I put them back in and the next time I opened it, they were missing again. The tabs stops are there, just not the tabs only a few spaces. Appears to be a problem with no resolve. -- Hi Wilma (wfreshwater@jam.rr.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || after installing service pack one for Office XP || I lost all my tabs in a previous publication. I put them || back in and the next time I opened it, they were missing || again. The tabs stops are there, just not the tabs only a || few ...

problem with CListCtrl
Hi all I have created a list view control using CViewCtrl of MFC .I also apply sorting in list view . Now when I tried to change any entry of coloum one of listView then it makes duplicate entry , mean two entries by same name ..Although there is no duplicate entry in the file where the items of list view are stored , there is only one entry , but in list view itself it shows two entries untill i reopen the application again . Any help amit bharadwaj VC++(ATL,MFC) developer Not sure exactly because you cannot show any code. But I do know that if you add items to a list based clas...

mail merge problem in publisher
I recently had to reload Office Small Business 2007 onto my computer and now my publisher document won't merge with my excel spreadsheet. When merging the spreadsheet with over 100 address I only get one page and one address. Previously I got one page for each address. I'm sure it's a setting but which one? Are you doing labels? Do you intend to have multiple names and addresses per page? Your problem isn't too clear. If you are doing labels or similar: After you input your fields go to File, Print Merge, be certain "Multiple pages per sheet" is selected. T...

cant send email but receive
WHY cannt i send email please help How would we know? What happens when you try? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Downstairs" <bardel41@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O23Ql0fnKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > WHY cannt i send email please help Umm-mm . . . Give us a few clues to work with . . . . . like, who is your email provider (ONLY the part after the @ symbol in your e-address), your ISP, and copy / paste the entire error message. "Downstairs" <bardel41@microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Address book access problem
I have migrated my old vista laptop to my new Windows 7 laptop and can not get contacts to show up in the address area. Need help. -- Pecan Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using, or one related to Windows. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "pecan@bigpond.com" <pecanbigpondcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

WinCrypt problem
Hi! I'm trying to encrypt a password in my application. I use WinCrypt, but it doesn't work on any computer except mine. I used it on pc with Windows Xp and also mine OS is Windows XP. When I include WinCrypt, I write this code: //---------CODE #define _CRYPT32_ #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500 #include <wincrypt.h> //-----------END CODE On my computer is installated Net Framework, but not on the others I tried. Any ideas? Thanks Giulio "Mails" <mitticoo@tiscali.it> wrote in message news:1144702304.240372.176110@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > I&...

Office 2010, some e-mail will not send
While sending a number of e-mails, a good number of them will not send, blocks all other sends. Outlook 2010 does not offer any error. outlook 2010 x86, Win 7 x86. -- Art what type of account? is there any similarities between the stuck messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

Outlook Locks/Login Problem
I'm not sure this is an Outlook problem or not. If I have DNS enabled, Outlook loads but locks immediately with the mouse pointer behind the Outlook window. If I have DNS Disabled, Outlook tries to load, but can't access the email server and keeps asking for a userid, password, and Domain name. Shut Down/Restart brings an End Task window that doesn't have anything for a Program name. Pressing End Now closes the window but returns to the desktop. The only way out is to power off. Thanks! ...

Excel Advancedfilter problem
Ive got some data item blah MinSize Maxsize blah blah 1 26 32 2 18 24 3 20 26 4 28 33 350 28 30 I want to extract those results where eg 30 is between the minimum & maximum eg MinSize>29 or the MaxSize<31 if I put the on separate lines i get in an advanced filter i get eg item 2 and 3 because the maxsize is <30 If i put the two statements on the same line it does and AND for each record and i get nothing. One ...

Problems with a border of a list control
I'm having trouble creating a CListCtrl on the heap (i.e. new + Create()) whose border would look like a border of a control that is embedded directly into a dialog box. To be more specific, when a list control is dropped onto a dialog box in a dialog editor, its border is black but when the dialog is displayed - either by 'Test Dialog' or running the app - the border gets 'softened' (e.g. 3d on W2K and light blue on XP). My problem is that a dynamically created list control is always displayed with a black ugly border (i.e. as seen in the a dialog editor). It l...

Problem Balancing Accounts Money 2002
The accounts never balances automatically when I import my bank information. Unfortunately there is no direct connection between money and my bank so I must import information. However, it never reconciles itself! The balance is always something that the actual balance is not, then when I manually reconcile it there are large discrepancies which simply sit there as nameless adjustments. So how does this work? Lets say I have my account from Jan. 1 - April 14th. When downloading the new transactions, do I download from April 14th, or April 15th? Some transactions from April 14t...