Recipient update service

My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mail addresses

I get errors in the event log

The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on the local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any server in the site.

Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address type 'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005.

Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=CONIXARCHITECTEN,DC=LOCAL':'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff.  Taking provider offline.

I did an upgrade from exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to the 2003 platform of Windows and exchange
I already went through the troubleshooting guide of recipient update service but did not find a solution

Can someone please help me?

It sounds like you may have had a 3rd party product (like a fax product)
installed either on this server or on another server in the organization and
it's looking for that file before the Recipient Update Service will start.
This product may also stamp addresses of some sort to users.  I've seen
something similar in this KB article:

283134 XADM: Recipient Update Service Does Not Create Proxy Addresses for
Newly
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283134

Hope that helps!

--
 Iona Wilson
Microsoft PSS

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
**Disclaimer**
"Jorgen De Wael" <jorgen.dewael@thebrightgroup.be> wrote in message
> My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mail
addresses.

> I get errors in the event log:
>
> The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on the
local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any
server in the site.

> Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address type
'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005.

> Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient
Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=CONIXARCHITECTEN,DC=LOCAL':'MAD.EXE
', error=8000ffff.  Taking provider offline.

> I did an upgrade from exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to the 2003 platform
of Windows and exchange.
> I already went through the troubleshooting guide of recipient update
service but did not find a solution.

> Can someone please help me?

0
ionam (38)
2/23/2004 7:19:17 PM
Thx

but I am pretty sure that I never installed any faxsoftware or other third party tool that uses Exchange
In the error log you can see that Exchange for the "smtp"-dll of Exchange itself

Do you know anything else that can be checked

Thx again

Jorge

     ----- Iona Wilson [MSFT] wrote: ----

     It sounds like you may have had a 3rd party product (like a fax product
     installed either on this server or on another server in the organization an
     it's looking for that file before the Recipient Update Service will start
     This product may also stamp addresses of some sort to users.  I've see
     something similar in this KB article

     283134 XADM: Recipient Update Service Does Not Create Proxy Addresses fo
     Newl
     http://support.microsoft.com/?id=28313

     Hope that helps

     --
      Iona Wilso
     Microsoft PS

     Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is fo
     newsgroup purposes only
     **Disclaimer*
     "Jorgen De Wael" <jorgen.dewael@thebrightgroup.be> wrote in messag
     > My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mai
     addresses
     >> I get errors in the event log
     >> The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on th
     local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on an
     server in the site
     >> Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address modul
     'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address typ
     'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005
     >> Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipien
     Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsof
     Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=CONIXARCHITECTEN,DC=LOCAL':'MAD.EX
     ', error=8000ffff.  Taking provider offline
     >> I did an upgrade from exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to the 2003 platfor
     of Windows and exchange
     > I already went through the troubleshooting guide of recipient updat
     service but did not find a solution
     >> Can someone please help me

I found notes in another case we handled like yours that indicate that if
you don't have the proper (NTFS) permissions on the Exchsrvr folder and
subfolders, this could happen...

*** Problem Description ***
The proxyaddress attribute is not being added to new users.  Most of the
other
email attributes are being added to the users.  One or more of the
following events
are logged in the application log:

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	(1)
Event ID:	2036
Date:		10/30/2002
Time:		4:39:37 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	OFSHOUCORPMSX01
The file version of 'C:\Exchsrvr\address\MS\i386\pcproxy.dll' installed on
the
local server is not current. Looking at servers in the site for a current
version.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	(1)
Event ID:	2027
Date:		10/30/2002
Time:		4:39:40 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	OFSHOUCORPMSX01
Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
'C:\Exchsrvr\address\MS\i386\pcproxy.dll' for address type 'MS'. Error
0xc0070005.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeSA
Event Category:	(1)
Event ID:	2027
Date:		10/30/2002
Time:		7:44:36 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	OFSHOUCORPMSX01
Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
'C:\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address type 'SMTP'. Error
0xc0070005.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<>
*** Resolution ***

Grant the System Account Full Control of the Exchsrvr directory and all
subfolders
and files.
This is the default setting.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9yZ2VuIERlIFdhZWw=?=" <jorgen.dewael@thebrightgroup.be>
>Subject: Re: Recipient update service
>Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:31:08 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>Thx,

but I am pretty sure that I never installed any faxsoftware or other third
party tool that uses Exchange.
In the error log you can see that Exchange for the "smtp"-dll of Exchange
itself.

Do you know anything else that can be checked?

Thx again.

Jorgen

     ----- Iona Wilson [MSFT] wrote: -----

[...]

rights.
     "Jorgen De Wael" <jorgen.dewael@thebrightgroup.be> wrote in message
     > My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mail
     addresses.
     >> I get errors in the event log:
     >> The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on
the
     local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any
     server in the site.
     >> Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
     'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address
type
     'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005.
     >> Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for
'CN=Recipient
     Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsoft

Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=CONIXARCHITECTEN,DC=LOCAL':'MAD.EXE
     ', error=8000ffff.  Taking provider offline.
     >> I did an upgrade from exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to the 2003
platform
     of Windows and exchange.
     > I already went through the troubleshooting guide of recipient update
     service but did not find a solution.
     >> Can someone please help me?

0
rroddy (682)
2/25/2004 3:42:48 PM
Dear Richard

this resolved my problem indeed

A lot of thx!!!

Jorge

     ----- Richard Roddy [MSFT] wrote: ----

     I found notes in another case we handled like yours that indicate that if
     you don't have the proper (NTFS) permissions on the Exchsrvr folder and
     subfolders, this could happen..

     *** Problem Description **
     The proxyaddress attribute is not being added to new users.  Most of the
     other
     email attributes are being added to the users.  One or more of the
     following events
     are logged in the application log

     Event Type:	Informatio
     Event Source:	MSExchangeS
     Event Category:	(1
     Event ID:	203
     Date:		10/30/200
     Time:		4:39:37 P
     User:		N/
     Computer:	OFSHOUCORPMSX0
     Description
     The file version of 'C:\Exchsrvr\address\MS\i386\pcproxy.dll' installed on
     the
     local server is not current. Looking at servers in the site for a current
     version.

     Event Type:	Erro
     Event Source:	MSExchangeS
     Event Category:	(1
     Event ID:	202
     Date:		10/30/200
     Time:		4:39:40 P
     User:		N/
     Computer:	OFSHOUCORPMSX0
     Description
     Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
     'C:\Exchsrvr\address\MS\i386\pcproxy.dll' for address type 'MS'. Error
     0xc0070005

     Event Type:	Erro
     Event Source:	MSExchangeS
     Event Category:	(1
     Event ID:	202
     Date:		10/30/200
     Time:		7:44:36 P
     User:		N/
     Computer:	OFSHOUCORPMSX0
     Description
     Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
     'C:\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address type 'SMTP'. Error
     0xc0070005.

     <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
     *** Resolution ***

     Grant the System Account Full Control of the Exchsrvr directory and all
     subfolders
     and files
     This is the default setting

     Thanks
     Richard Rodd
     Microsoft Exchange Suppor

     -------------------

          ----- Iona Wilson [MSFT] wrote: ----

          It sounds like you may have had a 3rd party product (like a fax
     product
          installed either on this server or on another server in the
     organization an
          it's looking for that file before the Recipient Update Service will
     start
          This product may also stamp addresses of some sort to users.  I've seen
          something similar in this KB article:

          283134 XADM: Recipient Update Service Does Not Create Proxy Addresses
     for
          Newly
          http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283134

          Hope that helps!

          --
           Iona Wilson
          Microsoft PSS

          Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
          newsgroup purposes only.
          **Disclaimer**
     rights.
          "Jorgen De Wael" <jorgen.dewael@thebrightgroup.be> wrote in message
          > My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mail
          addresses.
          >> I get errors in the event log:
          >> The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on
     the
          local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any
          server in the site.
          >> Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module
          'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address
     type
          'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005.
          >> Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for
     'CN=Recipient
          Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsoft

     Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=CONIXARCHITECTEN,DC=LOCAL':'MAD.EXE
          ', error=8000ffff.  Taking provider offline.
          >> I did an upgrade from exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to the 2003
     platform
          of Windows and exchange.
          > I already went through the troubleshooting guide of recipient update
          service but did not find a solution.
          >> Can someone please help me?

0
anonymous (74722)

HowTo disable cell reference update
I want to disable cell reference updates when I am inserting a row. My chart has series data in A2..A7. After row insert with MoveDown at row 2 the references are updated to A3..A8 How do I preserve the original cell refernce? ...

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Newbee :: Question about windows service
Hi, i'm new on C++ and I'm trying to write a simple windows service for learning purposes. I created it on MS VC 6 (i'm sorry, this is the official version of the company I work for) using the wizard. I'm pasting only the code I've changed indicating them with *****. The question is: when I run the service from inside the VS IDE, the file writes normally. But when I go to a DOS window, register the service and start it (using NET START command or Control Panel Services applet), the file is not created. I though it was a question of credentials and I configured the service ...

Windows Update error 80070103 05-27-10
I have a laserjet 1200 and every time i go to get the updated driver for it from microsofts web site it keeps sayying failed to install the update. i have the most current driver installed for this printer. any idea's or clues on what to do? -- ELGGY Windows Update error 80070103 <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e5f5a9a7-dfeb-46c4-4345-ce26afedabcd1033.mspx> Vista: Run Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. WinXP: Go to Window Update website | select CUSTOM and scan | "hide" the update -=- "ELGGY&qu...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

group polciy not updating through active directory
Hi i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in this i am getting frustrated here... You need to ask ...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Money 2006 Web Updates
I purchased and then download Money 2006 Deluxe. I installed it over Money 2003 Deluxe. Now many of the features are unavailable because the rest of the install needs to update from the Internet and for some reason it won't. For instance, if I go to 'Budget' is states that "This feature is not available until the upgrade is complete" and the progress bar has been stuck at 1% for the past 4 days! Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Phil, See if anything at the following link can help: http://www.microsoft.com/money/special/ThankYou2006.mspx Good Luck,...

POP3 stop service after reboot
I did config the POP3 service automatic start, but i found that after reboot the mail server the POP3 shutdown, pls advise!!! I'm by no means the world's biggest POP3 expert, but I'd be looking at the event log here for clues. Consider ramping up diagnostics logging, too. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "stanley_lau" <stanleymcse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ei4h0JwUGHA.5372@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I did config the POP3 service automatic start, but i found that after >reboot > the mail server the POP3 shutdown, pls advise!!! > > How?...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Update Query for Form
Thanks for taking the time to read my question I have a form with a bunch of checkboxes on it. The user can check and uncheck what they want. I would like to have an option where the user can reset the values to the original (default) settings. To do this, I have a table with the default settings that shares a name with the table that the form is based on. I have an update query that updates the values in the table equal to the default table values. It works. When I look at the table the data changes. I can't seem to get the change to reflect on the form. Not sure what I am d...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the = following NDR:=20 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's = mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and = try sending it again. <server name #5.2.3> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox = stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox...

Paste picture link not updating
Hi, I had posted this a few days back as a problem with the Camera Tool. I tried out the Paste Picture Link in Excel 2007. The updated source data is not displayed in the picture link in a few machines although it works ok in others. Does it have anything to do with the monitor display settings?. Tried a few combinations but still did not work. Any idea why this happens? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj ...

Recipient Filtering
Hello Group, Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses? If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or j...

Recipient policies
Hi, I have added a new recipient policy, and added some alternate addresses. %g%s@domain.com, etc. I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied the policy. None of the users have recieved the new addresses. Any ideas ? What version & SP Exchange? Did you test the LDAP query when you set it up in the recpient policy? Did this return a set of results? How long have you waited for addresses to appear? How many recipient policies do you have set? Is the new policy a higher priority or lower than default policy? D. "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Custom Recipients and Recipient containers?
Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. 1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient containers? 2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when you install ADC and Exchange 2000 or 2003? Ross "Rustom" <RogueRKM@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. > >1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient >containers? No. You can't move any directory object to a different container. >2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when...

AllowAdditions updates record?
Greetings:I have a form that opens with AllowAdditions set to false. When theuser clicks the Add command button, I set AllowAdditions to true, moveto a new record, and set AllowAdditions back to false. Trouble is,setting AllowAdditions to false apparently causes Access to try tosave the new record, which in turn throws a key violation errorbecause the user hasn't entered any data yet.1. Am I correct in assuming the changing the AllowAdditions propertytriggers an update?2. Is there a way to disallow additions without Access trying to savethe new record?TIAKeith > 1. Am I correct in assum...

update chart automatically
I need to know how to update a chart automatically so it wil incorporate new months data as it is entered into a log. I have a data log with a complete list of the required data in column and the dates listed for each. When a new month begins I would like to plot data for it automaticall in a pre existing bar graph as it is entered into the log. My goal is to make this a user friendly program so I don't have to b the only one to know how to use it. Another problem I have run into is my graphs use several series to sho the data, I would like each month to contain data from each se...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

Recipient Policy Not Working #4
Running Exchange 2003 (SP2), recipient policy is not stamping email addresses on new mailboxes created (in User's AD properties, under email tab, there are no addresses (smtp, fax,etc). Any advice appreciated. You can generally get good event information by turning up the logging for MSExchangeAL on the server running RUS to Maximum. If that doesn't get you anywhere, have a read of this excellent 3 part guide on troubleshooting RUS by Bill Long. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx Tony www.activedir.org "PCKC" wrote: > Running Exchange 2003 (...

Red "recipient could not be resolved" messages.
Has anyone come across red "At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system" warning messages on emails sent to/from CRM? Is this normal? Composing and sending an email via the CRM homepage.. Create an Activity.. Email, I have no problems. Composing and sending an email to the same user via the "CRM Email" button in Outlook, however, differs. The recipient receives the email, but addresses other than the recipient are displayed in red username@domain format, not the normal blue Last Name, First Name account format. The "recipient coul...

Multiple recipient policies
My Exchange 2003 hosts two email domains, domain1.org and domain2.net. Domain1.org has about 20 users and domain2.net has about 5. My Recpient Default Policy has both domains listed there, but domain1.org is the default. I just manually set the 5 domain2.net users to their proper default addresses. However, I found a couple weeks later that their emails addresses had all reverted. I imagine that the policy re-propagated itself and overwrote my manual adjustments. I have a feeling i am not doing this the proper way. What should I do in this two-domain scenario? Hello Tim, Thank you for pos...

trendline equation updates
I am using copying a chart, which has trendlines dispalying the equations, from another spreadsheet and updating the chart for the new data. I noticed some of the equations were not right. Please be noted that these equations were formated for text size and colour. Could anyone suggest why the equations are not right and is there a way to get it right automatically? ST - You may need to provide more details before anyone has suggestions: (a) What version of Excel? (For example, I mostly use Excel 2003 SP3 and Excel 2007 SP2.) (b) Specifically, how are you "updating the cha...