recipient policy stopped working

Hello All,
I'm seeing an issue in my Exchange 2003 environment where an admin will
create a new account and the recipient policy does not populate the users
email address. This just started happening a few days ago here in the US...
It happened in our UK office last week but I thought that might have been
user error on the admin. We are in mixed mode with Exchange5.5, which we have
been for almost a year. I did how ever remove some old 5.5 servers but the
last one I removed was almost a month ago, so i don't think it would be that.
 I know you need to ask this question so yes the automatically update email
addresses based on recipient policy is checked. :-) I did a rebuild last
night to both the enterprise and domain service, I also ran Apply this policy
now this morning, I deleted and created a new account and I’m still seeing
the same issue. I am getting the Exchange 2003 x 500 addresses; I'm not
getting the SMTP addresses or the x400 address. I also made sure that the OAB
is replicated to the Exchange 5.5 servers.
Regards,
0
Dburg (6)

dburg507 <Dburg@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:

>I'm seeing an issue in my Exchange 2003 environment where an admin will
>create a new account and the recipient policy does not populate the users
>email address. This just started happening a few days ago here in the US...
>It happened in our UK office last week but I thought that might have been
>user error on the admin. We are in mixed mode with Exchange5.5, which we have
>been for almost a year. I did how ever remove some old 5.5 servers but the
>last one I removed was almost a month ago, so i don't think it would be that.
> I know you need to ask this question so yes the automatically update email
>addresses based on recipient policy is checked. :-) I did a rebuild last
>night to both the enterprise and domain service, I also ran Apply this policy
>now this morning, I deleted and created a new account and I�m still seeing
>the same issue. I am getting the Exchange 2003 x 500 addresses; I'm not
>getting the SMTP addresses or the x400 address. I also made sure that the OAB
>is replicated to the Exchange 5.5 servers.

How many recipient policies are there? Is it possible that a policy
was moved to a different priority and some other policy is now being
applied to the user?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks for your reply

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> dburg507 <Dburg@newsgroups.nospam> wrote:
>
> >I'm seeing an issue in my Exchange 2003 environment where an admin will
> >create a new account and the recipient policy does not populate the users
> >email address. This just started happening a few days ago here in the US...
> >It happened in our UK office last week but I thought that might have been
> >user error on the admin. We are in mixed mode with Exchange5.5, which we have
> >been for almost a year. I did how ever remove some old 5.5 servers but the
> >last one I removed was almost a month ago, so i don't think it would be that.
> > I know you need to ask this question so yes the automatically update email
> >addresses based on recipient policy is checked. :-) I did a rebuild last
> >night to both the enterprise and domain service, I also ran Apply this policy
> >now this morning, I deleted and created a new account and I’m still seeing
> >the same issue. I am getting the Exchange 2003 x 500 addresses; I'm not
> >getting the SMTP addresses or the x400 address. I also made sure that the OAB
> >is replicated to the Exchange 5.5 servers.
>
> How many recipient policies are there? Is it possible that a policy
> was moved to a different priority and some other policy is now being
> applied to the user?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Dburg (6)

SMTP not working for External use: Can't Send Emails
I am unable to send emails from my email address on my domain(netzpro.com). I can get emails in fine to any email address on my domain. I can send to an email address that is on the same domain. I have used dnsstuff.com to ensure my DNS is correct and I can't find any problems. When I check the exchange Queue, the emails are stuck in the "Retry" state. If I perform a force connect it will go back into the "Retry" state. I am running Widow 2003 and Exchange 2003 What events in your smtp log , or in your event logs ? Your smtp connector "transfer to an ...

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

stop duplicate mail
Using Outlook 2000, have two profiles setup, both getting mail from a POP3 server and then saved to .pst file. I have one profile I use in the office and one while out of the office. The profile I use out of the office I have the 'leave on server' checked, the obvious reason is I have no way to back up while out of office. Annoyingly when I return to the office and start outlook with my office profile, it downloads all the messages again, this seems sensible enough as I have checked the box, is there a setting so that I do not re-download messages already in my inbox ?? Thanks. I ...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

My links no longer work . . .
The first thing you will ask is . . did you move the file? The answer is no. Here's my problem: I have developed fully functional MES and MRP system with excel. I may have pushed the envelope of what excel can be expected to do as the MRP workbook itself is about 15 MB and contains several hundred links. I was very impressed that excel was able to handle this . . . until today (the system worked quite well for about 6 mos). Now, when I open any of my main files and update, I only get returns of info on apparently random links. The majority of them don't work. I am not aware of an...

Stopping mouse wheel in Access 2003
Private Sub Form_Load() ' Turn the MouseWheel Off Dim blRet As Boolean ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll. ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I ' have modified the function to allow the caller to ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook. ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of Access! ...

POP3 stop service after reboot
I did config the POP3 service automatic start, but i found that after reboot the mail server the POP3 shutdown, pls advise!!! I'm by no means the world's biggest POP3 expert, but I'd be looking at the event log here for clues. Consider ramping up diagnostics logging, too. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "stanley_lau" <stanleymcse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ei4h0JwUGHA.5372@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I did config the POP3 service automatic start, but i found that after >reboot > the mail server the POP3 shutdown, pls advise!!! > > How?...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Overriding FIPS Policy in ASP.NET
I was getting an error about the encryption not conforming the FIPS policy. And I found a nice article from MS on how to override the encryption default in my ASP.NET application (using a web.config setting) to use an encryption algorithm (like 3DES) that was FIPS compliant. Problem is that didn't work I still get the error and the only way to stop it is to turn off FIPS policy in the registry. This is not an acceptable solution. Why doesn't setting the encryption algorithm in web.config not work? Thx. APA ...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

LoadMappedBitmap not working?
I have the following code in my OnInitialUpdate method for a CFormView. m_logo is a CStatic member variable, and m_logoBitmap is a CBitmap member variable: COLORMAP colormap; colormap.from = RGB(255,255,255); colormap.to = GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE); m_logoBitmap.LoadMappedBitmap(IDB_BITMAP_3M_RFID,0,&colormap,1); m_logo.SetBitmap(m_logoBitmap); This loads and sets the bitmap just fine, however it displays the bitmap unaltered. The white background is still white, when I thought it should be the dialog color. Can anyone see what I am missing? "Ken" <Ken@discus...

Disabling options via policy
Hi sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs? Thanks Regards John wrote: >Hi > >sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet >Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs? > Group Policy is the tool to use for this, though I'm not certain that you can remove the Internet Options dialog completely (you may have to settle for hiding some of the tabs). On your SBS, go to Administrative Tools > Group Policy Mana...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

Recipient Filtering
Hello Group, Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses? If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or j...

Map drives with group policy
I'm trying to set up a group policy to map a network drive when our users log into our sbs2008 server (which was once done with loigin scripts in sbs2003). I have never quite made it work so I have been doing it manually. I think I have it set up properly because it works on our 32bit server2008 that we use for accounting software. I read somewhere that I need group policy client side extensions but when I try to push them out using wsus It says that the update has expired??? How do I tell if clients have the client side extensions installed? Is there a good set of instructio...

OMA and activesync not working on front end
So wireless Activesync errs with the famous 0x85010014 error. OMA gives the following error: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. I am sure they are related. OWA works fine. I am using forms based authentication. This is when connecting to the Front End server. If i connect to the backend EVERYTHING works perfectly. I have tried doing the fix in KB817379. that did not help. I am out of ideas, and resources to resolve this at this point. Obviously we do not want to open up the BackEnd to...

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the = following NDR:=20 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's = mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and = try sending it again. <server name #5.2.3> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox = stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox...

Games not working
Contact recently got a new computer, Windows 7. With their old computer we could connect and play games (solitaire mostly). Now we cannot connect. My computer workls as usual. Their computer gets to connecting window and just sits there trying to connect. Any specific suggestions on what might be wrong and how to solve it? I know these could be a problem but don't know what and how to check each. Firewall, active x, flash, Java, windows Live, etc??? ...

Outlook 2003 New Mail Desktop Alert Not Working
Hi Since installing Office 2003 a while ago the new desktop alert feature along with the old envelope icon have been working fine. However, they now no longer work. Neither the envelope nor the desktop alert appears. I have checked the option settings and they are all ticked to have the new email alerts displayed. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks Mark ...

Stop Word 2007 updates to fields before printing
I do not want Word 2007 to update the fields before I print a particular 500 page document so I have cleared the checkbox (Word Options/Display/Printing Options). Even with this check box cleared, Word still goes through the motions of updating the fields. I need this option turned off or it takes several minutes just to print one page. Is there another location to turn off the update fields in Word 2007? You can lock the fields to prevent them from updating. To lock all fields in the selection, press Ctrl+F11. (Later, if you want to unlock the selected fields, use Ctrl+Shift+F...

Recipient policies
Hi, I have added a new recipient policy, and added some alternate addresses. %g%s@domain.com, etc. I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied the policy. None of the users have recieved the new addresses. Any ideas ? What version & SP Exchange? Did you test the LDAP query when you set it up in the recpient policy? Did this return a set of results? How long have you waited for addresses to appear? How many recipient policies do you have set? Is the new policy a higher priority or lower than default policy? D. "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

i think my brain stopped working
I have a database that tracks estimator usage by dispatcher. It also tracks the date the info was entered. I want to have a report that shows % of each estimator (there are 4 types) used for each dispatcher. I also want the ability to select the date range in which these entries fall in. Can someone get me pointed in the right direction. For some reason I have had a mental block on this. I dont think it is overly difficult, but I just cant get it to work. I figured it out with some help from someone in the office. No need to reply "DanG" wrote: > I have a databas...

save all attachments in outlook 2k3 not working with exchange 2010
Hi, I have recnetly upgraded to exchange 2010, everything is great but one issue I have noticed is that my outlook 2k3 users no longer have the save all attachments option on messages sent since the migration. older mail items with multiple attachments still function as they used to do, there is no error message and it isnt that the save all attachments option is greyed out, it doesnt even show up. any help? many many thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and give your input. Regards Mike Sharp BUMP anyone? "Mike Sharp" wrote: >...

Folder redirection with group policy
I use group policy in a Windows 2003 domain to redirect a user's My Documents folders to a network share. For some reason, the policy does not work with Publisher 2003. It does work on all the other Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Any idea how to resolve this issue? ...