Recipient policy - how to remove addresses from _existing_ users?

Hello All,

We were having an old SMTP address in our Exchange recipient policy that is
no longer needed. Secondary address, of course. I have removed it from the
recipient policy and applied changes. Now the new users are not assigned
this address anymore. Good. However, this address is NOT removed from the
list of e-mail addresses of the _existing_ users. How am I supposed to clean
those?
The fast search over KB didn't give me any useful ideas...

Thanks,
Boris

0
msexpert1 (171)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:24:25 -0800, "Boris Lokhvitsky"
<msexpert@community.nospam> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>We were having an old SMTP address in our Exchange recipient policy that is
>no longer needed. Secondary address, of course. I have removed it from the
>recipient policy and applied changes. Now the new users are not assigned
>this address anymore. Good. However, this address is NOT removed from the
>list of e-mail addresses of the _existing_ users. How am I supposed to clean
>those?
>The fast search over KB didn't give me any useful ideas...
>
>Thanks,
>Boris

ADModify is your mate on this one.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity/post570732.asp

0
mark7219 (5666)
11/1/2004 6:32:21 PM
Therein lies one problem with recipient policies (IMHO).  They will not
remove existing addresses.  Period.  In order to remove the addresses, you
would need to run LDIFDE to export user information, then modify the file to
change the information, and specify that the smtp address in question be
removed.  LDIFDE must be used instead of CSVDE because LDIFDE is the only
tool that can modify user information.  CSVDE can add and delete, but cannot
modify.  It's pretty much a pain in the rear, nothing like Directory
Export/import in Exchange 5.5.  The following links may be helpful for
LDIFDE.
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/CSVDE_LDIFDE.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/technologies/activedirectory/howto/bulkstep.mspx

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Boris Lokhvitsky" <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> We were having an old SMTP address in our Exchange recipient policy that
> is
> no longer needed. Secondary address, of course. I have removed it from the
> recipient policy and applied changes. Now the new users are not assigned
> this address anymore. Good. However, this address is NOT removed from the
> list of e-mail addresses of the _existing_ users. How am I supposed to
> clean
> those?
> The fast search over KB didn't give me any useful ideas...
>
> Thanks,
> Boris

0
Ben
11/1/2004 6:45:10 PM
It worked - thanks a lot Mark!

Boris

> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:24:25 -0800, "Boris Lokhvitsky"
> <msexpert@community.nospam> wrote:
>
> >Hello All,
> >
> >We were having an old SMTP address in our Exchange recipient policy that
is
> >no longer needed. Secondary address, of course. I have removed it from
the
> >recipient policy and applied changes. Now the new users are not assigned
> >this address anymore. Good. However, this address is NOT removed from the
> >list of e-mail addresses of the _existing_ users. How am I supposed to
clean
> >those?
> >The fast search over KB didn't give me any useful ideas...
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Boris
> >

> ADModify is your mate on this one.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity/post570732.asp

0
msexpert1 (171)

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

Address syncrhonisation between different Ex versions?
We are running Ex2003Sp1. We have an associated agency that is running Ex2k. Users in each organisation want to see the contact addresses from the other organisation in the GAL. We have no need to exchange any other information (ie public folders). We have major filewall constraints between us that makes the simplest transport mechnism to get approval for SMTP (as we already let it through). What is the simplest way to sync address info between the Orgs? I used Interorg in an early incarnation between Ex55. sites years ago but I have no experience of it since then. Most of the tech info I can...

Auto completion of email addresses
I am new to Outlook 2002. Does anyone know how to make Outlook only look at the contact list when automatically completing the "To:" email address? Alternatively, is there a way to clear the cache of addresses that Outlook accesses (aside from the contact list)? I know how to turn the auto completion function off altogether. Thanks ...

set end of spreadsheet address
Sometimes you have a spreadsheet that Excel thinks is quite large. Is there a way to 'set' the ending address (cell) for a spreadsheet? I know 'Ctrl-End' will show you the last cell, but how do you change it? Thanks for any help. Hi Bill Look here http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Bill Beacom" <Bill Beacom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36033734-6465-4DDD-9FF1-313F00F6D032@microsoft.com... > Sometimes you have a spreadsheet that Excel thinks is quite large. Is there...

Can't remove office 2007 trail-language of installation package i.
I downloaded the trial offer of Office 2007 Home and Student, I haven't been able to use/remove it: I receive the error message language of installation package not supported by your system. I thought if I purchased the program from a retailer and installed it, this would solve this problem. However, I continue to receive the error that the installation encountered an error. How do I remove the trail version so I can install the purchased version? I'm still running XP and the trial version has expired. Try the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Pet...

how to add a user to outlook.
We have a couple of new employees, and I have been given the task of setting them up on the e-mail system, etc. I have no clue how to do this. I did manage to get the names in for email, but they cannot access other calendars in public folders, and it keeps saying they are not recognized names. So, how DO you set up a new user for e-mail, etc.? Thanks for any help! ...

Bug in XML signature??? Are there users than CAN answer????
Hi, I already posted two items - but no one seems to have the knowledge to help me out... In the mean time I found out the following: My existing signatures are testet using SignedXml sXml = new SignedXml(licenses); sXml.LoadXml(signature); RSA csp = RSA.Create(); csp.FromXmlString(context.GetSavedLicenseKey(typeof(MyLicense), Assembly.GetCallingAssembly())); sXml.SigningKey = csp; if (sXml.CheckSignature()) m_SignatureState = Signature.Valid; else ...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

CRM Users?
Folks: Any Idea which SQL Server User table stores the CRM User Information (CRM USERS) ? It is SQL 2000, CRM 3.0 version. Thanks ! Systemuserbase HTH, Niths "SQL DBA" wrote: > Folks: > > Any Idea which SQL Server User table stores the CRM User Information (CRM > USERS) ? It is SQL 2000, CRM 3.0 version. > > > > Thanks ! ...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Importing addresses #2
Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses into my outlook 2007, thanks Assuming they are web access accounts you need to check them as to what options there are for exporting the addresses to file that OL can import "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBBDA469-5781-4393-82D0-6809779BFDC2@microsoft.com... > Hi may i know if it's possible to import my yahoo and hotmail addresses > into > my outlook 2007, thanks Amin <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi may i know if it's possi...

Outlook Contacts vs. OL Express Address Book
Is there any way to keep the 'Address Book' in sync with my Outlook Contacts - e.g. thru Imports\Exports, etc.? Alternatively, can Outlook Express be set up to use the Outlook Contacts list? My 'Address Book' is years out-of-date compared to my Outlook Contacts list.. ...

Overriding FIPS Policy in ASP.NET
I was getting an error about the encryption not conforming the FIPS policy. And I found a nice article from MS on how to override the encryption default in my ASP.NET application (using a web.config setting) to use an encryption algorithm (like 3DES) that was FIPS compliant. Problem is that didn't work I still get the error and the only way to stop it is to turn off FIPS policy in the registry. This is not an acceptable solution. Why doesn't setting the encryption algorithm in web.config not work? Thx. APA ...

Removing last Subtotal
In Excel2000, how do I remove the last subtotal I created without removing all. For example, I have data Subtotaled by Area, Business Area, Workcenter, and Month. I wanted to get rid of just the Monthly subtotal but keep the other subtotals without starting from scratch. Thanks AFAIK, you can only Remove All when a list is subtotalled. You could record a macro as you create each level of subtotals, and run the macros to rebuild the subtotals when required. snax500 wrote: > In Excel2000, how do I remove the last subtotal I created without > removing all. For example, I have data Sub...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Extracting addresses from my sent folder
I'm looking for a way to easily extract all email addresses from the messages in my Sent folder. Is there an app, maybe even freely available, that will perform such a task? Extracing to any text readable format would be fine. thanks in advance "Tim H" <lifestooshort@comcast.net> wrote in message news:WdadnVJzu_SKVVDbnZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@comcast.com... > I'm looking for a way to easily extract all email addresses from the > messages in my Sent folder. Is there an > app, maybe even freely available, that will perform such a task? > > Extracing to any te...

Link Removed??? Help
When ever I try to send a link to a site while surfing, I get a message that the link has been removed for security reasons. Is there a way to change Outlook 2003 so that while surfing a link can be sent from Internet Explorer to an e-mail recipient? TIA -- FrankO The link is sent, just blocked from your access. You can unblock it, but the recipient might not. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. I recommend mailto_url instead. it's linked at getexe.htm. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/e...

Address Window not performing search
I inadvertantly downloaded third party software that kept taking me through their site for internet searches. After 2 hours I finally found the software hidden in my files and I deleted them....I tried the uninstall but it wouldn't work. Now I can't perform searches using the address window on my browser. I've already reinstalled Internet Explorerer...didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks, Allyson This is the wrong newsgroup for this question, but I'll do what I can. I'd be willing to bet it's something like xupiter or something like that. It has a nasty habit...

Printing names and addresses
I have Access, Excel Word etc, How do I print out names and addresses from any of these, once I have created a database. Must be simple I know, but there is no button that says to print out names and address on a label or on an envelope separately press here.!!! "PGraham" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F469873-0A84-42A8-AD25-60503AEE7D72@microsoft.com... > I have Access, Excel Word etc, How do I print out names and addresses from any of these, once I have created a database. Must be simple I know, but there is no button that says to print out n...

Disabling options via policy
Hi sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs? Thanks Regards John wrote: >Hi > >sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet >Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs? > Group Policy is the tool to use for this, though I'm not certain that you can remove the Internet Options dialog completely (you may have to settle for hiding some of the tabs). On your SBS, go to Administrative Tools > Group Policy Mana...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

Can a group by clause be used with a user input? Please help me.
Can a group by clause be used with an input parmeter? select count(field1),field3 from Table Group by field1, @field3 <--user inputs what field I want the user to be able to decide on specific field group by clause. The count will be on the same field everytime however, instead of making 6 functions, I thought I could make only one and have the user select from a list of different groupings. If I am not making sense let me know. I know this is a kind of weird situation. If you have done this before will you tell me what you did. I have considered a macro but I do not know if this will...

How can I remove "@" as a direct hyperlink to e-mail?
thanks Kev ...

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the = following NDR:=20 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's = mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and = try sending it again. <server name #5.2.3> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox = stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox...