Recipient policies

Hi,

I have added a new recipient policy, and added some
alternate addresses.  %g%s@domain.com, etc.

I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied
the policy.

None of the users have recieved the new addresses.

Any ideas ?
0
anonymous (74717)

What version & SP Exchange?

Did you test the LDAP query when you set it up in the recpient policy?  Did
this return a set of results?

How long have you waited for addresses to appear?

How many recipient policies do you have set?  Is the new policy a higher
priority or lower than default policy?

D.

"matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have added a new recipient policy, and added some
> alternate addresses.  %g%s@domain.com, etc.
>
> I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied
> the policy.
>
> None of the users have recieved the new addresses.
>
> Any ideas ?

0
David
12/22/2003 3:14:00 AM
Thabks for you answer dave.

I have solved the problem, but just for completeness and
for the archive, I will answer your questions.

I did test the LDAP query, and was happy with the results.
I waited about half an hour, but also my Recipient update
service was set to always and I did apply 'update now' too.

The new policy was set to '1', higher than the default.

The actual problem ws, I was using %g.%s, this was fine,
except I did not have and data in my users %s and %s
fields.

Instead of generating garbage addresses, the policy
skipped the addresses completely.

matt

0
anonymous (74717)
12/22/2003 12:01:52 PM
Matt, you shouldn't have conflicting (non-default) policies (conflict as in
LDAP filter covering same user from different policy), However, from what
you said, I'm guessing that this is probably a behavior due to inherent
delays for recipient update process and is now healed itself.

If you like these to happen immediately, follow these steps:

1. Launch Exchange system manager and know to which DC it has connected. You
can control this behavior if you do start/run/mmc/add-snap-in: Exchange
system manager
2. Then, review your recipient update service instances and understand which
Exchange servers in your organization are responsible from processing
recipient updates.
3. Also note, on those recipient update service instances, which Domain
Controllers are being monitored.
3. Then, review DSAccess tab on each of these Exchange server properties and
note which DCs are used for "configuration"
4. Now you have a list of DCs where Exchange uses one way or another.
5. Using ESM, add the recipient policy & apply.
6. Make sure that all the DCs in your "list" successfully performed AD
replication. There are ways to manually enforce that. Such as AD Sites &
Services.
7. Then, on each of the relevant recipient update service instances, right
click and select update.
8. Repeat step 6.
9. Wait for Exchange servers to do config-refresh.
10. You now have stable environment where all objects are stamped per your
recipient policies.

Hope this helps,

Baris.

"matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have added a new recipient policy, and added some
> alternate addresses.  %g%s@domain.com, etc.
>
> I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied
> the policy.
>
> None of the users have recieved the new addresses.
>
> Any ideas ?

0
barise (94)

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Overriding FIPS Policy in ASP.NET
I was getting an error about the encryption not conforming the FIPS policy. And I found a nice article from MS on how to override the encryption default in my ASP.NET application (using a web.config setting) to use an encryption algorithm (like 3DES) that was FIPS compliant. Problem is that didn't work I still get the error and the only way to stop it is to turn off FIPS policy in the registry. This is not an acceptable solution. Why doesn't setting the encryption algorithm in web.config not work? Thx. APA ...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

Disabling options via policy
Hi sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs? Thanks Regards John wrote: >Hi > >sbs 2003 standard. How can I disable control panel and the Internet >Options menu under Tools in the Internet Explorer on client pcs? > Group Policy is the tool to use for this, though I'm not certain that you can remove the Internet Options dialog completely (you may have to settle for hiding some of the tabs). On your SBS, go to Administrative Tools > Group Policy Mana...

Recipient Filtering
Hello Group, Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses? If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or j...

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the = following NDR:=20 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's = mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and = try sending it again. <server name #5.2.3> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox = stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox...

Map drives with group policy
I'm trying to set up a group policy to map a network drive when our users log into our sbs2008 server (which was once done with loigin scripts in sbs2003). I have never quite made it work so I have been doing it manually. I think I have it set up properly because it works on our 32bit server2008 that we use for accounting software. I read somewhere that I need group policy client side extensions but when I try to push them out using wsus It says that the update has expired??? How do I tell if clients have the client side extensions installed? Is there a good set of instructio...

Recipient policies
Hi, I have added a new recipient policy, and added some alternate addresses. %g%s@domain.com, etc. I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied the policy. None of the users have recieved the new addresses. Any ideas ? What version & SP Exchange? Did you test the LDAP query when you set it up in the recpient policy? Did this return a set of results? How long have you waited for addresses to appear? How many recipient policies do you have set? Is the new policy a higher priority or lower than default policy? D. "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Folder redirection with group policy
I use group policy in a Windows 2003 domain to redirect a user's My Documents folders to a network share. For some reason, the policy does not work with Publisher 2003. It does work on all the other Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Any idea how to resolve this issue? ...

Recipient Policy Not Working #4
Running Exchange 2003 (SP2), recipient policy is not stamping email addresses on new mailboxes created (in User's AD properties, under email tab, there are no addresses (smtp, fax,etc). Any advice appreciated. You can generally get good event information by turning up the logging for MSExchangeAL on the server running RUS to Maximum. If that doesn't get you anywhere, have a read of this excellent 3 part guide on troubleshooting RUS by Bill Long. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx Tony www.activedir.org "PCKC" wrote: > Running Exchange 2003 (...

Custom Recipients and Recipient containers?
Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. 1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient containers? 2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when you install ADC and Exchange 2000 or 2003? Ross "Rustom" <RogueRKM@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. > >1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient >containers? No. You can't move any directory object to a different container. >2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when...

Multiple recipient policies
My Exchange 2003 hosts two email domains, domain1.org and domain2.net. Domain1.org has about 20 users and domain2.net has about 5. My Recpient Default Policy has both domains listed there, but domain1.org is the default. I just manually set the 5 domain2.net users to their proper default addresses. However, I found a couple weeks later that their emails addresses had all reverted. I imagine that the policy re-propagated itself and overwrote my manual adjustments. I have a feeling i am not doing this the proper way. What should I do in this two-domain scenario? Hello Tim, Thank you for pos...

Red "recipient could not be resolved" messages.
Has anyone come across red "At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system" warning messages on emails sent to/from CRM? Is this normal? Composing and sending an email via the CRM homepage.. Create an Activity.. Email, I have no problems. Composing and sending an email to the same user via the "CRM Email" button in Outlook, however, differs. The recipient receives the email, but addresses other than the recipient are displayed in red username@domain format, not the normal blue Last Name, First Name account format. The "recipient coul...

email recipients
Hi I am trying to understand why I am now unable to delete an email recipient from a drop down list that appears when you are typing the first couple of letters of a name in the TO box e.g. duplicate first names David Hill David Judd I have in the past deleted by right clicking on the name and delete. Outlook 2002 office XP SP2, windows 2000 pro sp3. Second to this I have another user that is unable to receive the auto list even with it enabled. Any help appreciated. Grant Do you arrow down to the name and press delete? If you are and it does not work, then it sounds like your nk...

Recipies of South INDIA
Do you want to know to how to make mouthwatering,spicy foods? If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please visit http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ What in god’s name does Excel have to do with “Recipies of South INDIA”? Please use this board to learn and ask sensible questions, DO NOT POST JUNK HERE!!!!!! "Santhosh" wrote: > Do you want to know to how to make mouthwatering,spicy foods? > > > If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please > visit > > http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ &g...

Message to inexistent recipient
Hi I have the following problem: I want that if someone sends me a mail to "wrongname@mydomain" goes to a specific account postmaster or other. But i don't want to receive any NDR only just the mail. Thanks Dexin On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:32:01 -0700, "Dexin" <Dexin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the following problem: >I want that if someone sends me a mail to "wrongname@mydomain" goes to a >specific account postmaster or other. But i don't want to receive any NDR >only just the mail. > >Thanks > >...

group recipients and naming of sender
I have been receiving emails lately that have either 'undisclosed' as the recipient or showing the senders name as both the sender and recipient. How is this done? Using 2007 Outlook Also have one email that comes in with the sender and recipient names the same and it shows as being forwarded out on arrivial. Why would this be, there is no rule set up to do this to anyone that I can see and I can not find how to tell who it has been forwarded to. You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to himself and BCC'd you. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &a...

default mail recipient
Hello. Does anyone know how to make outlook 2003 my default mail recipient? Currently outlook express 6.0 is my recipient and I can't shutoff it's default status. Control panel, internet options, programs. Set Outlook as the default mail client. pATRICK wrote: > Hello. Does anyone know how to make outlook 2003 my > default mail recipient? Currently outlook express 6.0 is > my recipient and I can't shutoff it's default status. pATRICK <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello. Does anyone know how to make outlook 2003 my > default mai...

Sink for unknown recipients
Dear All! I am building something like a sink for all mails which are send to an unknown recipient. I found some articles in the Technet belonging to this, but my configuration does not really work. The additional Virtual SMTP Server reacts on the configured IP and if I put mails in it over Telnet everything works fine. If the mails are coming on the first SMTP the "Unknown Recipient" Mails are not forwarded to the second Virtual SMTP Server which then should put these mails in a special mailbox. System: Exchange 2000, W2k Server Any Ideas?? Regards Matthias ...

Help please: You do not have permission to send to this recipient.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C6C860.EA0C2D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this problem with a new exchange server that I'm installing. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Tst Sent: 8/25/2006 3:53 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: userxx@yahoo.com on 8/25/2006 3:53 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, = contact your system administrator. <domain.com #5.7....

Hide recipients
Hi I want to send out a mailshot to loads of people and only want the recipients to see there own address not others it has been sent to. "lorraine" wrote: > Hi > I want to send out a mailshot to loads of people and only want the > recipients to see there own address not others it has been sent to. Well, you could use: BCC; however, there is a caveat. BCC is a common method used by SPAMMers to deliver mail. Many users, including myself, have set up SPAM filters that block just such mail. There is a very good possibility that unless your intended audience is ...