Recipient limits in Exchange 2003

I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 Environment......
An Ex 5.5 user sends emails to a distribution list that has 8000 members
using a Shared 2k3 mailbox and has no problems sending to that dl.  Another
Ex 2k3 user sends emails to the same distribution list using the same shared
2k3 mailbox but receives the following error:

          The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
recipients.
            <servername #5.5.3>
The global settings Message Delivery in ESM is set to 5000.  I do not want
to increase this number in global settings so I thought by increasing the
"Recipient Limit" size on the Ex 2003 AD Users account would override this
global setting but the problem user gets the same error.  Does the recipient
limit need to be set instead on the Shared mailbox?

Thanks

0
Weegie10 (2)

Does that user have limits on the number of recipients he can send to?
Unfortunately, a difference between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 200x is that
Exchange 200x expands the distribution groups before counting recipients,
whereas Exchange 5.5 counted a distribution list as one recipient.  The good
news is that Exchange 2007 changes this back.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Weegie10" <Weegie10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 Environment......
> An Ex 5.5 user sends emails to a distribution list that has 8000 members
> using a Shared 2k3 mailbox and has no problems sending to that dl.
> Another
> Ex 2k3 user sends emails to the same distribution list using the same
> shared
> 2k3 mailbox but receives the following error:
>
>          The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
> addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
> recipients.
>            <servername #5.5.3>
> The global settings Message Delivery in ESM is set to 5000.  I do not want
> to increase this number in global settings so I thought by increasing the
> "Recipient Limit" size on the Ex 2003 AD Users account would override this
> global setting but the problem user gets the same error.  Does the
> recipient
> limit need to be set instead on the Shared mailbox?
>

> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/16/2007 6:59:14 PM
Hi,

I changed the recipient limit on the Ex2k3 User account from the default
setting to 10,000, whereas in the Global settings it is set to 5000.  The
distribution list fully expanded has 8000 members.  I thought the users
recipient limit setting would override the global settings and allow the user
to send to this dl but it still fails.

Does the fact that the user is setting the "from" field to the Shared
mailbox name make any difference?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Does that user have limits on the number of recipients he can send to?
> Unfortunately, a difference between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 200x is that
> Exchange 200x expands the distribution groups before counting recipients,
> whereas Exchange 5.5 counted a distribution list as one recipient.  The good
> news is that Exchange 2007 changes this back.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Weegie10" <Weegie10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2003 Environment......
> > An Ex 5.5 user sends emails to a distribution list that has 8000 members
> > using a Shared 2k3 mailbox and has no problems sending to that dl.
> > Another
> > Ex 2k3 user sends emails to the same distribution list using the same
> > shared
> > 2k3 mailbox but receives the following error:
> >
> >          The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
> > addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
> > recipients.
> >            <servername #5.5.3>
> > The global settings Message Delivery in ESM is set to 5000.  I do not want
> > to increase this number in global settings so I thought by increasing the
> > "Recipient Limit" size on the Ex 2003 AD Users account would override this
> > global setting but the problem user gets the same error.  Does the
> > recipient
> > limit need to be set instead on the Shared mailbox?
> >

> > Thanks

0
Weegie10 (2)

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

Exchange as file storage
I have a client who asked whether they can use their Exchange Account (Outlook Anywhere) as a way to storage some files. They are planning on doing that basically via files attached to emails and also to notes in Public folders. Now, I know this is generally not a good idea and I know the general Exchange storage limits. But I am trying to quantify it all a little bit. Of course it is ok to have say 25 MB worth of emails and attachments in an Exchange account. And of course, a mailbox size of say 3GB is not OK. So somewhere in between is a limit and I am trying to find out what that is. It m...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Rename Exchange Database file
Could anybody show me the safe way to rename exchange database file: priv1.edb to priv2.edb ? Thank you. I want to rename it because I was reading an article that says that I can have problem restoring exchange if the two databases .edb and .stm have the same name, backed up and restored at the same time. Thank you I would not bother about renaming them, and I cannot understand why you would have problems. -- Mark Fugatt "Thuan Pham" <thuanp@advancedcableties.com> wrote in message news:17a501c48c68$ed6f5380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Could anybody show me the safe way t...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

new 2003 server/exchange owa issue
So I built a new 2003 server, and installed exchange. Moved everyone over to the new exchange server and all is well. When I try accessing the new server via I.E. I get nothing. When I access the old server via I.E. I'm prompted to login , and all is good. How do I get the new server to accept OWA requests? My last step... thanks! Sean Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327843 "Sean Branam" <sbranam@coronado.k12.ca.us> wrote in message news:u1SiPZ6OFHA.2748@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > So I built a new 2003 server, and installed exchange. > Moved everyone...

restore Exchange 2007 mailbox
I have tried to restore a mailbox to a recovery storage group but receive the following error message. The DPM Server is up and available and it is accessible from the Exchange Server. No firewall or AV on either machine. I'm not using backup LAN. Affected area: First Storage Group Occurred since: 3/24/2010 2:02:17 PM Description: The recovery jobs for Storage group First Storage Group that started at Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:55:02 PM, with the destination of ExchangeServer, have completed. Most or all jobs failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111) DPM failed t...

Exchange Mailbox Restore
Friends, Now that I'm done kicking myself, I need some advice. I'm running Exchange 2003. My machine crashed. I rebuit it and it is running fine except that all I have for mailbox backups is the original databases (also Exch 2003) from the file system (priv1.edb/stm) I used eseutil to defrag and repair the database and that went well but I am not haveing alot of luck restore via the RSG in the system manager. My question is this: Is it possible to restore an Exchange database when all I have it the file system database and transaction logs? ( not backup files ) and if...

Delayed email message in exchange
I'm having a strange Exchange 2000 issue with only 1 user on my network. Someone sent him a message yesterday at 9:59 a.m. and he received the message at 2:00 p.m. This email did not get on time in the box, why is this happening and where do I look for more information about what happen during that time, this was an internal email, and he is the only person who had this problem yesterday. I'm running SBS 2000. Any help would be appreciated on this matter. I have already looked on the application error log and haven't seen anything related to Exchange Thanks in advance. Denise ...

Check Name returns No Suggestions
To the group: Outlook 2003, Windows XP I type in a name in the To: box and click the Check Names icon and it returns 'No Suggestions' The Order of Check Names Address Lists is set to Contacts first (Address Book > Tools > Options) - kb296948 I have reset the nickname and automatic completion cache - kb287623 I have even deleted some of the auto-complete names - kb292928 Still I get 'No Suggestions' when I type in a name I have in my Contacts. Any assistance or suggestions most welcome. Thank you. John Can you give an example of what you're typing in and wh...

Stopping mouse wheel in Access 2003
Private Sub Form_Load() ' Turn the MouseWheel Off Dim blRet As Boolean ' Call our MouseHook function in the MouseHook dll. ' Please note the Optional GlobalHook BOOLEAN parameter ' Several developers asked for the MouseHook to be able to work with ' multiple instances of Access. In order to accomodate this request I ' have modified the function to allow the caller to ' specify a thread specific(this current instance of Access only) or ' a global(all applications) MouseWheel Hook. ' Only use the GlobalHook if you will be running multiple instances of Access! ...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Block imbedded GIF SPAM email in Outlook 2003?
As I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to. "Penis Patch" .Gif file SPAM. The whole email is a Gif file. I love Outlook's new Junk engine. I already have about 50 'Permanently Delete' rules, and the SPAM I see has gone down a lot. But......How the heck do you fight this type email? The subject is always different, so that doesn't help. I've viewed the source for keywords, but I don't see anywhere in the Rule options to block this type of email. If there is a way, I would sure like to hear it. Thanks. same domain all the time? otherwise Outloo...

Exchange Server
How do I remove unwanted connectors (CCMAIL and MS) from an exchange server so that the email addresses are not created when I add new users? what version of Exchange? "Scott" <spaul@sayrevillek12.net> wrote in message news:1103223087.251877.214130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How do I remove unwanted connectors (CCMAIL and MS) from an exchange > server so that the email addresses are not created when I add new > users? > ...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

Exchange Client IP Address
Exchange Server-2003 Exchange Clients - Office 2003 Hi, I suspects that one of my clients is sending spam. I enabled message tracking and enabled the SMTP log files,icluding all the extended properties available. (Some of the outgoing mails has <> in the "From" field and in the queue i can see its probably the Postmater replying to the originators wich are most of the time other spammers sending to my domain junk mail.) Is there a way where i can see the IP Address of my client besides of his mail address? Thanks, Shif Arad ...

You server administrator has limited ...
I am having an issue with Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista Business connected to an Exchange 2003 server. After a bit of use Outlook prevents me from opening folders, moving e-mails, ... with an error message: Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing. I have no unsent message. I have looked at my add-ins, and the appropriate ones are there. Brian Ross <bross@ci.ocoee.fl.us> wrote: > I am having an issue with Outlook 200...

Exchange logon failure
I get a "login info inccorrect..." when I try to logon on to my Exchange server with Outlook 2002. This began after repairing WIndows XP Pro. I have tried uninstalling Office, and deleting and adding profiles. Please help if you can. Ray Basaldua, Arizona State University ...

Compatibility between MS Office XP and Publisher 2003
I run Windows XP and MS Office XP on my laptop at work. Our helpdesk folks are sometimes less than accurate. They are stating that Publisher 2003 is incompatible with Office XP and I'd have to go with Publisher 2002. Is this an accurate statement? When I look at sys requirements for Publisher 2003, I see nothing about requiring Office 2003 to operate. Any information would be most appreciated. Around here we refer to that department as the Helpless Desk. Yes, they are compatible. As are Office 2000 and Pub 2003. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "ATheobald" <ano...

How do I reissue a KMS certificate to a user in Exchange
Hi All, I need to know how to reissue a key management service (KMS) certificate to a user.How do we go about this please. Thanks . -- Buchi ...

permission needed to change storage limits?
What level of permission is needed to be able to change the mailbox size limits for users accounts? We currently have top level admins that have full control and regular admins that can just create mailboxes with new accounts. We want the regular admins to be able to modify certain user's to be at settings other than the information store defaults when needed. Thank You. Wendy- Delegate the admins access to read/write these attributes on the user object: mDBOverHardQuotaLimit - prhibit send/receive mDBOverQuotaLimit - prohibit send mDBStorageQuota - warning mDBUseDefaults - whethe...

Migration from Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction for tips and tricks on doing this migration. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.workthin.com Please try the follwin links below. If 2003 information is scarce I would look at what it says for 2000 version of Exchange. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2003_06/magazine/departments/productroundup/ "Marc jacobs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e...

what do the symbols in the inbox of outlook 2003 represent
I have tried a few ways to find out what all the symbols are that appear in the inbox but have not had much luck. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. When I go on-line I only get the one for the calender. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this the information you're looking for: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "trinity" wrote: > I have tried a few ways to find out what all ...

1000 object limit on Exchange query
Hi all: I have found lots of info on this topic, but just can't figure out how to put it all together. The script shown below hits a hard stop at 1000 mailbox aliases. I know that there is a limit on the number of objects returned by a query (1000), but I can't find the exact code that will overcome the limit. What piece do I need to add to this to make it work? The original script is located at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding-Events-Multiple-Mailboxes-Exmerge.html if you want to see what I'm trying to do. It works perfectly...except the script stops at 1000 and...