Recipient Filtering

Hello Group,

Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter
recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient
Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now
my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses
that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for
additional e-mails addresses?

If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the
right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also
want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or
janetfanclub@music.com. Will the filter allow those e-mails into Janet's
  mailbox or will they be considered non-existent in the Directory?

Thanks

Yes, all the additional addresses will be allowed.
-Peter

"Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23ol$2xEoGHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello Group,
>
> Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients
> who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the
> Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know
> that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the
> Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses?
>
> If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the
> right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also
> want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or
> janetfanclub@music.com. Will the filter allow those e-mails into Janet's
> mailbox or will they be considered non-existent in the Directory?
>
> Thanks

0
pdurkee (276)
7/5/2006 4:41:19 PM
Yes, if they are Secondary SMTP addresses on her account.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23ol$2xEoGHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello Group,
>
> Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients
> who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the
> Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know
> that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the
> Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses?
>
> If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the
> right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also
> want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or
> janetfanclub@music.com. Will the filter allow those e-mails into Janet's
> mailbox or will they be considered non-existent in the Directory?
>
> Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
7/5/2006 4:46:33 PM
Excellent! That was the answer I wanted to hear.

Thanks all.

Kirrin Jones wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter
> recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient
> Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now
> my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses
> that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for
> additional e-mails addresses?
>
> If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the
> right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also
> want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or
> janetfanclub@music.com. Will the filter allow those e-mails into Janet's
>  mailbox or will they be considered non-existent in the Directory?
>
> Thanks

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

cannot protect sheet with auto filter
Hi, heres what I have xp home xp office suite. I am using a sheet for grocery list database with auto filter. the headers at the top are like "quantity", "Item", "catagory". Normally I can select cells that I want to enter data and unlock them. then protect the sheet. but...with an auto filter If I select the headers mentioned above and lock them, then select all other cells and unlock them. the auto filter pull down list's dont pull down cause the headers are locked. Im explaining this the best I can but I may be leaving something out. Anyone? Greg ...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Force Recipient
I'm setting-up a training room with 8 PCs. I'd like all email sent by the students to always be sent to the instructor's email address, regardless of what email address the student uses. Is there a way to force Outlook 2002 to do this? Or, can it be done with Exchange? Thanks! Ted ...

Exporting tasks using filters to create new project
Is there a way to export tasks from an existing project by filtering and then create a new project based on the filtered data? Hello esparza87, You'd have to export the data to excel and then import the excel data into a new project. To export, start with File > Save As and select Excel as the file type. Follow the wizard through selecting the fields you'd like to export. In the export map page, you can select a Filter. To import, open the Excel file in Project, follow the prompts to map the exported data back into fields. Be careful about importing dates i...

This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the = following NDR:=20 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's = mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and = try sending it again. <server name #5.2.3> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox = stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox...

Recipient Filtering
Hello Group, Here's a brain tickler. I am thinking of activating the "Filter recipients who are not in the Directory" option on the Recipient Filtering tab of the Message Delivery properties in Exchange 2003. Now my questions is, I know that it will only accept e-mails for addresses that it finds in the Directory. Does it also accept e-mails for additional e-mails addresses? If I have a user called Janet Jackson (which I do, unfortunately not the right one) with an e-mail address of janetjackson@music.com, but I also want to give her the address sexyjanet@music.com or j...

Running Autosum with Filters
I have filtered a list of data and want to find the total of one of my filtered columns. At present it's not allowing me to do this. Does anyone know a way around it? Many thanks. Hi You have a few options. One is to use SUBTOTAL() to sum your values. This function has various options, so check out Help. Another way, to just see the total, is to click on the column header and use the Sum option in the status bar. If set to this option, it will show the total. -- Andy. "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8402FD-E307-448B-A912-CFE3114B6733@...

How to count the number of non blank cells in a filtered list
There must be a way of doing this, but I cannot see it. I have a spreadsheet with items to be progressed. This list can be filtered on a number of criteria. The filter currently only works on the first 1000 rows. It is not considered likely that it will ever go above this. When I filter, Excel tells me there are "x of y records found" where x is all the filtered items plus any blank rows left until row 999; and y is the number of records in total (minus any header rows). How can I get Excel to just give me the number of filtered rows (minus the blank ones). What I am basical...

Recipient policies
Hi, I have added a new recipient policy, and added some alternate addresses. %g%s@domain.com, etc. I used all users with mailboxes as the filter and applied the policy. None of the users have recieved the new addresses. Any ideas ? What version & SP Exchange? Did you test the LDAP query when you set it up in the recpient policy? Did this return a set of results? How long have you waited for addresses to appear? How many recipient policies do you have set? Is the new policy a higher priority or lower than default policy? D. "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Recipient Policy Not Working #4
Running Exchange 2003 (SP2), recipient policy is not stamping email addresses on new mailboxes created (in User's AD properties, under email tab, there are no addresses (smtp, fax,etc). Any advice appreciated. You can generally get good event information by turning up the logging for MSExchangeAL on the server running RUS to Maximum. If that doesn't get you anywhere, have a read of this excellent 3 part guide on troubleshooting RUS by Bill Long. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx Tony www.activedir.org "PCKC" wrote: > Running Exchange 2003 (...

Custom Recipients and Recipient containers?
Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. 1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient containers? 2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when you install ADC and Exchange 2000 or 2003? Ross "Rustom" <RogueRKM@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, I have two Exchange 5.5 questions. > >1. Can you move mailboxes and Custom Recipients between Recipient >containers? No. You can't move any directory object to a different container. >2. If you have multiple Recipient Containers how do they get converted when...

Red "recipient could not be resolved" messages.
Has anyone come across red "At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system" warning messages on emails sent to/from CRM? Is this normal? Composing and sending an email via the CRM homepage.. Create an Activity.. Email, I have no problems. Composing and sending an email to the same user via the "CRM Email" button in Outlook, however, differs. The recipient receives the email, but addresses other than the recipient are displayed in red username@domain format, not the normal blue Last Name, First Name account format. The "recipient coul...

Multiple recipient policies
My Exchange 2003 hosts two email domains, domain1.org and domain2.net. Domain1.org has about 20 users and domain2.net has about 5. My Recpient Default Policy has both domains listed there, but domain1.org is the default. I just manually set the 5 domain2.net users to their proper default addresses. However, I found a couple weeks later that their emails addresses had all reverted. I imagine that the policy re-propagated itself and overwrote my manual adjustments. I have a feeling i am not doing this the proper way. What should I do in this two-domain scenario? Hello Tim, Thank you for pos...

email recipients
Hi I am trying to understand why I am now unable to delete an email recipient from a drop down list that appears when you are typing the first couple of letters of a name in the TO box e.g. duplicate first names David Hill David Judd I have in the past deleted by right clicking on the name and delete. Outlook 2002 office XP SP2, windows 2000 pro sp3. Second to this I have another user that is unable to receive the auto list even with it enabled. Any help appreciated. Grant Do you arrow down to the name and press delete? If you are and it does not work, then it sounds like your nk...

Junk E-mail filter won't disable.
Our environment is OL2K3 and Exchange 2K3. I have a few clients starting to complain that legitimate emails are being put into the Junk E-Mail folder. They have filtering set to none. In fact, two so far were not set to Cached mode and had to have it enabled in order to change the Junk E-Mail setting. Any ideas how to fully disable the OL2K3 Junk E-Mail filtering? thanks in advance. Hi, 1. Do these users have anything on the "Blocked Senders" tab? 2. Are you running any client-side anti-virus software? Thanks -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Recipies of South INDIA
Do you want to know to how to make mouthwatering,spicy foods? If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please visit http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ What in god’s name does Excel have to do with “Recipies of South INDIA”? Please use this board to learn and ask sensible questions, DO NOT POST JUNK HERE!!!!!! "Santhosh" wrote: > Do you want to know to how to make mouthwatering,spicy foods? > > > If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please > visit > > http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ &g...

Filtering text Criteria - Win XP
I have a database that lists checks by date in numerical sequence. Some of the checks are voided. Voided checks are listed with the letter "v" in front of the number. When attempting to filter the database to copy to another location the "v" checks show up in the filtered output. I tried using a formula to filter out any checks that start with a "v". For example, in the criteria range I inserted the formula =+AB8>=54119. The formula shows checks that start with the letter v return as true? Why? Shouldn't a letter be viewed as text? To make matters w...

Message to inexistent recipient
Hi I have the following problem: I want that if someone sends me a mail to "wrongname@mydomain" goes to a specific account postmaster or other. But i don't want to receive any NDR only just the mail. Thanks Dexin On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:32:01 -0700, "Dexin" <Dexin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the following problem: >I want that if someone sends me a mail to "wrongname@mydomain" goes to a >specific account postmaster or other. But i don't want to receive any NDR >only just the mail. > >Thanks > >...

group recipients and naming of sender
I have been receiving emails lately that have either 'undisclosed' as the recipient or showing the senders name as both the sender and recipient. How is this done? Using 2007 Outlook Also have one email that comes in with the sender and recipient names the same and it shows as being forwarded out on arrivial. Why would this be, there is no rule set up to do this to anyone that I can see and I can not find how to tell who it has been forwarded to. You were BCC'd on those messages. Sender sent the message to himself and BCC'd you. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &a...

Activity Filter View
In the activity/history view associated to accounts/contacts/opportunities etc the default view is Next 30 days or in the history view 'Last 30 Days'. How can this default option be changed to 'All'? -- Jonesy I have tried modifying the AppGridFilterSelector.htc file. This seems to be partially working, but the listview isn't always updated correctly. I'm interested in a good solution for this as well. -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Jonesy" wrote: > In the activity/history view associated to accounts/cont...

Blocking A Domain using the Junk E-Mail Filter
Outlook 2003 has a very nice junk email filter. In the pull down you are able to 'Add Sender to Blocked Sender's List' and you can 'Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders List'. There does not seem to be a way using the pull down to quickly 'add the senders domain to the blocked senders list'. This is a large functionality gap from other anti- spam programs. The normality I have found is that if I get spam from a domain I normally want to block the entire domain not just that sender. Does anyone know if it can be added or turned on in the pull down? You ca...