receive email error

Hello,

my problem it's that I can't receive external emails in my
mairelay.
yes I can sent but a can't receive.

I don't know tecnical commands to test my Exchange server.
My supplyer from the Internet connection told me that it's
a problem from my fireWall server.

How can I test my exchange from outside.

0
anonymous (74723)

EVIANA wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my problem it's that I can't receive external emails in my
> mairelay.
> yes I can sent but a can't receive.
>
> I don't know tecnical commands to test my Exchange server.
> My supplyer from the Internet connection told me that it's
> a problem from my fireWall server.
>
> How can I test my exchange from outside.

Try the following commands from an external host's command prompt.  Hit
enter at the end of each line, and don't miss the last line which is
just a period.  Make sure that the 'yourdomain.com' is the domain which
you're administering or else it may not relay.

telnet yourservername smtp
helo myhostname
mail from:anyuser@anydomain.com
rcpt to:someuser@yourdomain.com
data
this is a test message
..

0
dlandry (13)
12/16/2003 3:55:29 PM
EVIANA wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my problem it's that I can't receive external emails in my
> mairelay.
> yes I can sent but a can't receive.
>
> I don't know tecnical commands to test my Exchange server.
> My supplyer from the Internet connection told me that it's
> a problem from my fireWall server.
>
> How can I test my exchange from outside.

BTW... when you connect to the server with the first line (telnet
servername smtp) you should get a welcome message similar to this:

220 myservername.com ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail
Service 5.5.xxxx.xx) ready

If you get 'connection refused' or 'connect failed', then you need to
open the appropriate SMTP port on your firewall (port 25 TCP).

If you get responses other than '220 OK' to some of the commands, post
them for us to see.

Dean
0
dlandry (13)
12/16/2003 3:59:09 PM
EVIANA wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my problem it's that I can't receive external emails in my
> mairelay.
> yes I can sent but a can't receive.
>
> I don't know tecnical commands to test my Exchange server.
> My supplyer from the Internet connection told me that it's
> a problem from my fireWall server.
>
> How can I test my exchange from outside.

Make sure this command returns something valid from an external host too:

nslookup -type=mx yourdomain.com
0
dlandry (13)

Custom Error Message 06-27-07
I have a table that holds information about construction sites. Three of the fields (account number, lot number and street address) are a mulitiple field primary key. I have a form that is used to enter the information into this table. If the combination of the account number, lot number and street address have all ready been used, it will not accept this entry (which is what I want). But I get an standard Access error message. How can I give an error message box that will really tell the user what is wrong and how to correct the entry? Phil Trap the Access error message in the On_Error...

Email groups some working some not
I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a pattern to which work and which don't. It isn't the incorrect setting of the expansion server (checked that). There is no logging trail - the emails just go to the ether. With no faults being reported I've no idea how to go about a fix. On 18 Jun 2006 21:30:54 -0700, imscott@bigpond.net.au wrote: >I've upgrade from 5.5 to 2003 - now running native mode. Emails groups >working fine for months now most but not all work. Can not see a...

BMP Export - Error in Excel 2007 but OK in 2003
Hi, I am trying to execute a code which should save a range of cells as image. Here is the code: Option Explicit Private Declare Function OpenClipboard Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long Private Declare Function GetClipboardData Lib "user32" (ByVal wFormat As Integer) As Long Private Declare Function CloseClipboard Lib "user32" () As Long Private Declare Function OleCreatePictureIndirect Lib "olepro32.dll" _ (PicDesc As uPicDesc, RefIID As GUID, ByVal fPictureOwnsHandle As Long, _ IPic As IPicture) As Long '\\ Declare a UDT to store a...

The messaging has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Ou
I have Outlook 2003 /Windows XP.The message in the subject field is the message I receive when I attempt to send a mail, record a new contact. I am blocked to send/recieve Email. Restarting Outlook does not help. Removing and re installing Office 2003 does not help. Any clue.... Create a new mail profile and see if that helps. If it doesn remove the old mail profile. To create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery l...

Default account when replying to certain email address
I experienced a problem last evening that is really confusing me. I emailed a friend I had not corresponded with in some time. Outlook 2003 is refusing to use my default email account when replying to this one email address. I have five different email accounts set up for particular purposes, and xyz@kirtland.com (example) is set as default. Nearly everything I send uses this address unless I specifically tell Outlook to do otherwise. When I send email to one particular person, Outlook insists in using an alternate account to send, regardless of telling it otherwise. I'm out of i...

Delayed Email Reception
Hello. I have a client who is using SBS 2008 Standard. On several occasions in the last week or so he has called to complain that he is receiving some email messages one day after they had originally been sent. Other mail is not coming in at all. There was a recent issue where he had his client on the phone while said client attempted to re-send the mystery mail message. He is receiving mail for the most part. However, there are times when mail does not arrive, or it arrives a day after it had been sent. Thank you Mail Client = Microsoft Outlook -- Osteele --------------...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

Emailing Newsletters
I would like to find out how to email a four page newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be able to see all pages, not only the front page. Any help? Thanks ..pdf it. Works every time. If that isn't an option, visit http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html JoAnn "jc" <jcpagan@fir.com> wrote in message news:0bc201c3dc4c$fe7c4c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to find out how to email a four page > newsletter to contacts in my database and have them be > able to see all pages, not only the front page. > > Any help? > Thanks ...

Email rules??
If I set the email 'rules' option in Outlook or Outlook express to detect the word "pain", they both also pick up the word 'Painting" as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Thx ...

New email moved in Deleted items folder
Hi, After we activated a rule to transfert new e-mail to another mailbox all new e-mail were automatically moved to the deleted items folder. We had used this rule before with no problem. I first deactivate the rule and e-mail are still going to deleted items. I've also tried to delete the rule but still have the problem. It's an Exchange 2007 user mailbox and we are using Outlook 2007 on client side. Line Open Outlook with the /cleanrules switch to deactivate all rules both client and server side. You may have rules in conflict. "LM" <LM@discussio...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Emailed documents sent as Read-Only
When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? If we email it internally, users on the network can edit it, no problem. Thanks. compsosinc@gmail.com wrote: >When we email documents, the recipient receives them as "read-only". >We do not set this maually on the document so how is it getting set? My guess is that they're opening the attachment from the preview/reading pane of the client. Ask them to open the message and /then/ open the attachment. -- Rich Matheisen ...

PM_Key_MSTR Table Error
I am trying to post my batches in Cash Book Management. But I get the error " Value exists in the PM_Key_MSTR table" I went to check the table, PM00400 but did not find the the check numbers am trying to post there and neither are there duplicate values/records found. Please what is wrong? -- pibsng Its the first two fields that must be unique, the CNTRLNUM and CNTRLTYP combined. Run a checklinks and reconcile on this table. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our b...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

email partial worksheet
How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you wan to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you email just part of a excel 2002 worksheet? Example: you want >to only email 4 or 5 items from a 5 page worksheet in outlook. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Error message in Outlook
When I try to open a link in Outlook I get this error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effec on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am the administrator, and I have tried Microsoft 'Fix it' and other sites. I am at a complete loss. Can anyone help? I'm not sure any question has been answered more often than this one. Never hurts to search the group before you reveal the fact that you haven't bothered to do so. It would save both you and us some time if you did. http://www.slipstick.com/prob...

hidden pictures in email (Outlook2002)
Hi Getting some spam - when looking at the spam-email using my PPC (Dell Axim 3 connected to my PC and sync'ed (including emails)) I sometimes see on the PPC that the spam-email have an attachment which is not shown in Outlook on my PC when I open such a spam-email with the PPC the email is empty but a picture (with a lot of text) is attached 8-) why do Outlook on my PC not warn me about the attachment? can you tell me why it is done, what is the trick???? -- erik Denmark -- erik Denmark "erik" <fox44REMOVETHIS@c.dk> wrote in message news:%23OaOjXegGHA.357...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

Resoure Calender error
I was wondering if someone can help me with this error. When some users try to book a conference room as a resource, they get the following error: "The operation failed. An object could not be found. Unable to directly book a resource for this meeting" What I have figure so far is its an issue with users from one private store booking the resourece that resides in another private store. Both stores are on the same sever, or on an exchange 2k3 cluster. For example, if conference room 1 is on priv store 1, all users on priv store 1 can make reservation with out a problem....

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

2 Email addresses One Exchange and one IMAP
I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >> "Email acounts" but it is not there. Curentaly the Email acount on the exchange server is the only one setup Thanks for your time Chris In message <<D204664E-9F1C-4E72-B337-6C2C91CD719E@microsoft.com>> "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> did ramble: >I am trying two use two email addresses one is on an exchange server, the other acount is on an IMAP server. I would go to "Tools" >&...