rebuild of exchange 5.5 on win2k server

ok, my nt4, exch 5.5, server crashed, setup new win2k server box,
installed 5.5, can't do 2k or 2003 exchange yet, no active directory..

only issue is that when installed 5.5 on new box it DOESN'T have SMTP?
so inside corporate email works, but not internet email service, which
doesn't even show up on the list of services?

anyone have any knowledge base article or MAYBE even have had this happen?

please SEND HELP...

AL
0
ascs_99 (20)

In Exch Admin click File\New Other\Internet Mail Service and floow wizard.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Renaming an Exchange server
Can I just go ahead and change the computer name of an Exchange 2003 server or do I need to reinstall the Exchange software? Regards, Sam. Good question, I've asked exactly the same for Exchange 5.5. Steve "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543401c4004c$725e3e70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I just go ahead and change the computer name of an > Exchange 2003 server or do I need to reinstall the > Exchange software? > Regards, > Sam. No, you can't rename the server. The databases have a reference to the server name and onc...

Mail Forwarding, Exchange 2003
I am currently on 5.5 but am going to move to Exchange 2003 shortly. Several users need their corporate business mail fwd to personal SMTP addresses. How do you do this in Exchange 2003? basically the same way you did it in 5.5...create a contact, and specify that contact as the "Forwarding address" in the Delivery Options section of the Exchange General tab of the properties of the user...it will just be in ADUC, now, rather than the Exchange Administrator program, where you configure this... "jessem" <jessem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:390...

Scheduling conference rooms
Hi, I am trying to configure conference rooms so that people can direct book them and then add in specific people to be able to modify the meetings if need be. I am not ready to implement the auto accept utility yet so can someone point me how to do this just using the accounts? - Create profile for the mailbox - start Outlook, Tools | Options | clear "Default reminder" checkbox - click "Calendar Options.." | Resource Scheduling | check "Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations" and "Automatically decline conflicting meeting reque...

Exchange 2003 NDR's not generated
Our Exchange 2003 server recieves all company mail through a third party virus & spam scanning mailservice (MessageLabs). Sending NDR's is allowed for the Default Internet Message Format. Using message tracker I found out that no NDR's are generated. Instead of the line "SMTP:Non-Delivery Report (NDR) Generated", the message tracker lists "SMTP:Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delivery" followed by "SMTP:Started Outbound Transfer of Message". If I understand this right, my mailserver doesn't recognize the recipient's address, but instead o...

Message tracking in Exchange 2003 #3
I am trying to enable the Mesage tracking in the company's Exchange 2003 server but I am having the following message: LDAP Provider ID. no 80070005 Access denied while enabling message tracking in Exchange 2003. Exchange has SP3 and latest updates. Gave write access to log file. Can you please help. Thanks Sevi Make sure you try to do this with an account that has appropriate rights. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <stefan.sevasta@maltanet.net> wrote in message news:1158763578.918097.67560@h48g2000cwc.googlegro...

Database rebuild
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am using Entourage X on a iMac (10.6). I have been unable to rebuild the database - it freezes on start to rebuild. I did copy the database to another Mac running Entourage X (10.4.11) and was able to rebuild it. <br><br>I duplicated the database on the iMac for backup, then copied the rebuilt database (and other other files) from the other Mac to the iMac. It would not boot and suggested a rebuild. I tried to rebuild, on the iMac and it froze. I forced quit and restarted Ento...

Windows 2003 Exchange server won't log off
I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I can click on start, log off and click yes for "are you sure?" but nothing happens. It's also running Exchange 2003. This should be posted in the windows newsgroups - this has nothing to do with Exchange. Try one of the newsgroups in microsoft.public.windows.server, or microsoft.public.win2000. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <jules.farrell@james-chapman.co.uk> wrote in message news:1124183408.839364.223120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I can't log off our Windows 2003 Exchange server. I ca...

What are the service names for Exchange 2003
What are the service names for Exchange 2003. ie Net stop ? I know you can type out the entire name with "Name" but what are the short names? Is there a MS Article on it? Open the properties for the service and they are shown by the Service Name Why do you want to stop the services using Net Stop? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "JD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1782e01c418f0$ecfcbaa0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > What are the service names for Exchange 2003. > ie > Net stop ? ...

Duplicate emails in Exchange 2003
Hi, One of my users (out of 30) is getting occassional duplicate messages from KNOWN recipients - they come in usually at the same time, or maybe 1 minute difference (but not always)...and the message has a legitimate subject and body. We use Exchange 2003 on Win2003 using Outlook 2002 client and we do NOT use PST for email storage. Any idea? Should I run an offline defrag will that help?? Any tools I can run to see if her mailbox is bad?? Thanks. Dale We have an open call with Microsoft. I will let you know how it goes....if they can figure it out! "Dale" wrote: &g...

Public Folders missing after going from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003!!! HELP!
Ok - this is what happened. I was following along in MS KB #316886, and I was on page 5 where it talks about the migration of Public Folders and Mailboxes. What I did was (I didn't read the directions carefully, I know) I went to move the Public Folders to the new 2003 Exchange server. I went to the 5.5 Admin program, and went to the Public Folder that I wanted to move, and I went to Properties, and the Replicas Tab. I misunderstood the directions. So basically, how it was set up was: BEFORE: Servers: Replicate Folders To: EXCH3 EXCHANG EXCH2K3 AFTER: Servers: ...

Cannot Access Reports. CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 on Separated Servers
I have CRM 3.0 and MS SQL 2005 64 bits on separated servers. When i access the Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contact the system administrator. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 14, 1:06 pm, Allan Macha...

How to force rebuild and update data from msproject to project server database
Hi all, (I use MS Project Pro 2003 connect to Project Server) I have a ms project file (ABC.Published), in this file I have 800 task. In the project server database, table MSP_TASKS, this project has 800 rows, but there are 600 rows in the MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD. I forced rebuild data with this help: http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/BinaryRebuild.aspx but data in MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASKS_STD remain 600 rows. Is there another way to force rebuild MS Project Server Database? I need to see the log for project server error, where can I see? Thanks ...

Exchange not using backup MX for outbound mail
When delivery to the primary MX of a given domain fails, the Exchange 2003 is not using any of the backup mailservers listed for that domain. Currently we are experiencing this problem for a domain with 4 mailservers. I checked this with telnet and only the primary server doesn't respond. Our Exchange only tries the first server, generating "delay messages" for the senders and eventually giving up entirely. Any ideas what can be wrong? TIA. Bj�rn Olievier If the OS isn't Windows 2003 you might want to upgrade it. I know we had issues with this in Windows 2000 / Exchan...

Can Exchange 03 Small Business Server receive email from 2 DNS?
1. With Exchange 03 is it possible to receive mail from two different DNS's. 2. If we have two DNS sites named mysiteA.org and mysiteB.com can a user receive email into the same box from either of those DNS's? Any information on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you, JW Yes, you will need to create an additional recipient policy. See, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;249299 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "JW" <user@example.net> wrote in message news:%23RiphC7VEHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.g...

Outlok to Exchange
Hi, I've just installed my first Exchange 2003 server and would like to know how to get all the outlook contacts from the desktops imported into the Global Address Book. Cheers, CSVDE: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327620 LDIFDE: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237677 On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:02:41 -0700, "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I've just installed my first Exchange 2003 server and >would like to know how to get all the outlook contacts >from the desktops im...

Rebuilding OWA
Hello - I installed SP2 without installing SP1 for Exchange 2003 and ran into the infamous problem with OWA. I managed to get the pages to work by replacing the \Exchsrvr\exchweb\controls with \Exchsrvr\exchweb\6.5.7226.0\controls. However, last night the server was reboot and this morning I am having problems with OWA agian. This time - I'm getting a "invalid procedure call or argument" line 1038 char 1 in ctl_view.htc on every page. I've tried reinstalling SP2, replacing the controls directory with the 6.5.7226.0 version, and a little tinkering, but no soap. Anyone...

E-Mail Exchange Router
I've installed the CRM/Exchange E/Mail Router and I'm trying to capture outgoing e/mails from CRM users of my domain to external contacts (created in CRM) using Outlook Express. I haven't had any positive results so far. I wonder if I have to configure additionals features in exchange. Did you read the IG word for word? Theres a special exchange field you're suppose to modify. How are you testing it? Try sending a CRM email to some outside account (eg hotmail, yahoo), and see if there is a GUID on the subject line (it looks like this: CRM:{12321-xfg42-123ffs23}:MRC ) -G...

Exchange Sync Error?
Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Server 2003 SP1 Outlook 2003 SP2 Every so often a user will get the following Sync error. I've tried searching around for that error code and have not come up with much. Naturally, the link does not provide much help to me. Any ideas on what that error actually means and how to fix it? 12:39:53 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352 12:39:53 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User, Joe' 12:39:53 Synchronizing Hierarchy 12:39:53 Terminated in error 12:39:53 [80040119-100A0103-0-610] 12:39:53 Microsoft Office Outlook Offline Folders 12:39:53 For more information ...

Exchange store size does not reduce
My exchange store is getting too large so I have asked all staff to delete their sent items and make sure there deleted folder was empty. Some had as many as 20,000 notes in there. I understand exchange stored deleted items for 7 days, but even after 7 days the exchange store was the same size. What am I missing? There must be something that can be done to reduce the size of the exchange store. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. The database file size won't shrink just because you delete items - Exchange will reuse the whitespace in it before increasing the size. If you look ...

Rebuild address list
Hi! Is it possible to set up Exchange 2003 to rebuild all offline address lists e.g. every hour? We host several organizations so we have tons of address lists. I'd like to avoid having to make a custom schedule for each. Thanks in advance Morten On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:09:48 +0100, "Morten" <morten_skovgaard@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Is it possible to set up Exchange 2003 to rebuild all offline address lists >e.g. every hour? We host several organizations so we have tons of address >lists. I'd like to avoid having to make a custom schedule f...

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

how to migrate imap user to mapi exchange
I have a user that was doing a imap to a email server and had only downloaded the headers. Now I wanna move all the folders and email within the folders to mapi exchange mailbox. How do I do that? I mean there was a pst file that I imported into the exchange mailbox but only the headers were showing. Please advise Thanks did he have the full messages downloaded? if not, he'll have to connect to the imap and download them. Tony wrote: > I have a user that was doing a imap to a email server and had only > downloaded the headers. Now I wanna move all the folders and email within...

exchange antigen???
why when my antigen finds a virus it still lets it through to the email recipiant and i can't delet it form my system?????why is antigen so tough to use. it finds things but does nothing about it and dosent let me do any thing about it Are you thinking of this new Kukudro virus in particular? Kukudro comes in as an infected doc file, and Antigen treats Word macro viruses differently that "regular" viruses in that it assumes that even though the attachment may be infected, the message itself is something you want. As such, it tries to clean the attachment and removes it if...