Rebuild OAB in Exchange 2003

Hi. When I create a new user and mailbox the account does not show up in the
OAB. I understand the reason is because we are using Outlook 2003 in cached
mode. Is there a way to immediately update the OAB and push the change out.
Do I need to rebuild the OAB in Exchange 2003 to make the changes immediate
and have the user click Send/Receive to get the changes? What are the exact
steps to rebuilding the OAB in Exchange 2003? Will it affect anything else?
Thanks.

Start Exchange System Manager and go to Recipients > Offline Address Lists.
R-click on the Offline Address book on right and select Rebuild.  Once you
are satisfied that Exchange has had enough time to rebuild the address book,
then start Outlook on your desktop and select Tools > Send/Receive >
Download Address Book.

Rebuilding the offline address book doesn't hurt anything.

"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hi. When I create a new user and mailbox the account does not show up in
> the OAB. I understand the reason is because we are using Outlook 2003 in
> cached mode. Is there a way to immediately update the OAB and push the
> change out. Do I need to rebuild the OAB in Exchange 2003 to make the
> changes immediate and have the user click Send/Receive to get the changes?
> What are the exact steps to rebuilding the OAB in Exchange 2003? Will it
> affect anything else? Thanks.

0
neo7948 (622)
7/27/2006 12:42:43 PM
Thanks neo.

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Start Exchange System Manager and go to Recipients > Offline Address
> Lists. R-click on the Offline Address book on right and select Rebuild.
> Once you are satisfied that Exchange has had enough time to rebuild the
> address book, then start Outlook on your desktop and select Tools >
> Send/Receive > Download Address Book.
>
> Rebuilding the offline address book doesn't hurt anything.
>
> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hi. When I create a new user and mailbox the account does not show up in
>> the OAB. I understand the reason is because we are using Outlook 2003 in
>> cached mode. Is there a way to immediately update the OAB and push the
>> change out. Do I need to rebuild the OAB in Exchange 2003 to make the
>> changes immediate and have the user click Send/Receive to get the
>> changes? What are the exact steps to rebuilding the OAB in Exchange 2003?
>> Will it affect anything else? Thanks.

Constant Outlook crash after Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration
We are an Exchange 5.5 shop (gasp!) and we have finally begun our migration to Exchange 2003. I was able to build our first 2K3 server, and have it joined successfully into our 5.5 environment. The ADC is up and running and is transferring data back and forth as I expect it to. Unfortunately I still have some lingering issues, one of which is a complete showstopper. This main problem is that both of the accounts I have moved from a 5.5 server to the 2003 server have *constant* crashes in Outlook 2003. All I have to do is change to another folder, and at least 60% of the time I will get a...

Printing Color-Coded Worksheet in Black & White Mode in Excel 2003
I work with farily complex Excel worksheets which require print outs as both hard copy and PDF. I normally keep the formatting as they are and select [Black and White] in [Page Setup] [Sheet], as this preserves the integrity of the financial model while printing out a clean copy for the enduser. However, this function basically converts everyting color-coded to black & white, including cell shading patterns; I normally accentuate certain important cells by shading them in black and using a white font color. While I want the output to be black & white, I do want to preserve this p...

CRM3.0 needs to support single Exchange 2007
Microsoft CRM needs to support Exchange 2007 without the need to have an Exchange 2000/2003 server deployed. It is not acceptable for customers to wait and be expected to wait to CRm4.0 is released then upgrade to this CRM version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Outlook 2003 HTML emails
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP3 with all updates installed. Quite often I receive HTML emails that has one of more solid lines to the left of the text and/or pictures in the body of the message. I suspect that these lines are the HTML equivalent of > found in forwarded plain text messages. Can anyone suggest how I can clean up the email by deleting the solid line(s) before forwarding the message on to other recipients? -- Cheers . . . JC In article <3n7o451ierhkjb2dltgturi1bu6m5fh94l@4ax.com>, jc@invalid.net says... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook 2003 unde...

Re: Outlook 2003, can it look like OXP?
The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay the way they are off to the left. -Patrick "John Smith" <etacr11inst@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e3LvfVUpDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop > down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will > be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay > the...

Migration Wizard in Exchange 2003
Hello, I am migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using the Inter-Organization Migration Method utilizing the Migration Wizard. I understand that the Migration Wizard migrates the Exchange Directory and Mailbox Data to Exchange 2003. How can I prevent it from migration the directory and migrate only the mailbox data (just like exmerge)? What I am noticing, the migrated user ends up with several e-mail address of various type which is coming from 5.5. I don't want that junk in my new Exchange 2003 environment specially when they are worthless because they don't exist. When I cre...

InvalidCastException in outlook 2003
Hi In my VB.net application i got on different times (and not allways) an System.InvalidCastException. The line of code is: objAppointmentItem = objItems.GetFirst Does anyone know what to do??? Peter Are you testing first for any items in the collection? Are you sure that all the items you are getting are really AppointmentItem? -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Peter van der Veen" <...

Exchange 2003 doesnt send email while logged on
When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails are queued. Once I log off the server everything works correctly. The accounts im using to log on are the domain admins accounts and even the local admin account, neither works. I tried running domainprep and forestprep while logged on as domain admin but that didn't resolve the issue. Any ideas?? On 8 May 2006 07:53:00 -0700, Bbruce2k5@gmail.com wrote: >When im logged onto the server using RDP or from the server console >itself all of my SMTP outbound smtp emails a...

Exchange SMTP forwarding
Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using authentication. Thanks, David =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgR3JlZW5l?= <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DE97CE9E-2B5D-44BA-A368-CFEC11170D39@microsoft.com: > Hi, I would like to know how to configure an exchange server to > forward all non local mail to another SMTP server using > authentication. Which version of Exchange are you using? I'm sure we can point you to a tutorial ;) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.excha...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

Antigen on Exchange
This question is for the Antigen users. I am new with the software and I am just using the trial right now? Do a lot of you like the software? I am kind of confused by it's Incidents and Quarantine reports. I get that it found them, and I know that Antigen is setup to clean, but it doesn't let me know if it was able to clean them or not. I want to make sure that these viruses and SPAM e-mail messages are being removed. I added more words to the filters, but all it does is notify me that they have come through. It doesn't actually block them. I think the same goes for the vir...

Non taxable exchange of mutual funds
What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable exchange of mutual funds in ms money? In microsoft.public.money, Fred Kennedy wrote: >What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable >exchange of mutual funds in ms money? > Handling a Mutual Fund Reorg or conversion from B to A shares. If your mutual fund is involved in a tax-free reorganization, your "B" shares are being converted to [fewer generally] "A" shares, or a merger where you don't originally hold both funds: 1. Do an appropriate split of the...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Outlook 2003 and Hotmail #2
OL2K3 does not play nicely with Hotmail, regardless of what the marketing people want you to believe. Every time I fire up OL2K3 and do a global "Send and Receive" I get an error list like this: www.raindayspa.ca/emailerrors.gif On a mass email recieve like that, my Hotmail folders almost never populate. I assure you my passwords and logins are correct -- after closing the error window I can access the HM accounts individually and OL2K3 will retrieve the mail. What's more, Hotmail access is still slow. In contrast, OE6 integrates hotmail without any fusses. You'd think th...

Install 2003 with 2002
I have Office 2002 with Outlook 2002. Can I install Outlook 2003 (I bought the stand alone program) and have them both running on Windows XP or must I uninstall Outlook 2002 prior to installing 2003? Dale Only one version of Outlook can be installed on a given drive partition at a time. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:103ctds37ffvnf6@corp.supernews.com, Dale Ireland wrote: > I have Office 2002 with Outlook 2002. Can I install Outlook 2003 (...

Excel 2003 calculation set to manual after an update was run
Hi I have an user which uses alot of formulas. Updates ran about 2 weeks ago and since then any spreadsheets she worked on she needs to set the calculations from manual to automatic. When she does start a new spreadsheet calculations is set to automatic, but I need fix the problem with the previous spreadsheets. This setting is saved with the workbook. Just open each of the manual workbooks, set the mode to Automatic and save the workbook. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200735 "AntonZA2" wrote: > Hi > > I have an user which uses alot of formulas. Updates ran a...

Adding and removing Exchange 2003 Servers
I currently have 1 front end exchange server and 4 back end exchange servers. I am adding 2 larger backend servers. I want to migrate the first for server mailboxes to the 2 lager servers and then remove the first 4 server from my exchange env. Since my front end server is staying in place, and I add the two new server in before i remove the others should I have SMTP routing issues when I remove the first four back end servers. Can anyone suggest the best way to to what I am about to do, am I on the right track. Thanks, Mike I just wanted to add. The current front end server is EX20...

OWA 5.5 with Exchange 2003 Backend
Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be running in the site? Any insight would be helpful TIA! "Scott" <swilliams@internosis.com> wrote in message news:OVyMlHGjEHA.1904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if OWA 5.5 (Only OWA components installed) will access > Exchange 2003 backend mailboxes? Does an Exchange 5.5 server need to be > running in the site? > > Any insight would be helpful > > TIA! You might try this; it's for E2K, but I t...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

Exchange 5.5 Tracking Log
Hi all, For the tracking service at Exchange 5.5, log files should be placed at the floder => c:\exchsrvr\tracking.log\. But all log files are deleted by virus and tracking service gets error that can't find log files. Do you have any idea to resume tracking service. Please help. Thanks Exchange will recreate the tracking logs if the directory exists, is shared correctly and has the correct permissions. If you actually mean the database logs, that's different. Are the logs in your virus quarantine? If so, put them back into the right place. If not, at the very least, sto...

Money 2003 Installer Terminated Prematurely
I downloaded the trial version of Money 2003 to see if it would work with my new HP 2215 running Pocket PC 2003 (I used the workaround instructions for installing Pocket Money 2003). The installation goes all the way to the end (based on the bar graph), then I get the message "Installer Terminated Prematurely." After I click OK, I get the message "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request." Anybody have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Jim Hughes wrote: >I downloaded the trial version of Money 2003 to see if it...