Really weird attachment problem.

  There is one company that we cannot send attachments to.  The message goes
through but the attachment is not there.  There is no error or indication
that there was an attachment.  We are using Exchange 2003 with ESafe SMTP
gateway for virus protection.  I have been able to confirm that it is not
the ESafe software causing the problem by bypassing ESafe for sending
external e-mails.

  Whats weird is that if I look in message tracking normaly I will see the
e-mail gateway of the recipient listed with the message "Message transferred
to mail.whatever-domain.com through SMTP".  In the case of this one domain I
receive an error when looking at the message history and it is not sending
to the proper domain name.  The error message is "The object
esafe@receivingdomain.com in the message tracking logs can't be found in the
directory.  The object may have been deleted.  The tracking history may be
incorrect."

  I have done DNS tests from my Exchange server to make sure it is resolving
to the proper recipient domain and it is.  I cannot figure out why it is
trying to send to esafe@receivingdomain.com.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David Sack

0
David

"David Sack" <dsack@no!!!spam.wp-int.com> wrote:

>  There is one company that we cannot send attachments to.  The message goes
>through but the attachment is not there.  There is no error or indication
>that there was an attachment.  We are using Exchange 2003 with ESafe SMTP
>gateway for virus protection.  I have been able to confirm that it is not
>the ESafe software causing the problem by bypassing ESafe for sending
>external e-mails.

Maybe the other servr (or the other clients) doesn't understand how to
deal with the ms-tnef encoded attachment? Even Outlook Express
doesn't!

Try sending the message in plain text format, not in rich text format.
If that doesn't work, encode the message using UUENCODE instead of
MIME.

>  Whats weird is that if I look in message tracking normaly I will see the
>e-mail gateway of the recipient listed with the message "Message transferred
>to mail.whatever-domain.com through SMTP".  In the case of this one domain I
>receive an error when looking at the message history and it is not sending
>to the proper domain name.  The error message is "The object
>esafe@receivingdomain.com in the message tracking logs can't be found in the
>directory.  The object may have been deleted.  The tracking history may be
>incorrect."

Whether it's the right domain or not isn't the issue. The domain isn't
yours, so it's not going to appear in your directory.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks

Dave

> "David Sack" <dsack@no!!!spam.wp-int.com> wrote:
>
>>  There is one company that we cannot send attachments to.  The message
>> goes
>>through but the attachment is not there.  There is no error or indication
>>that there was an attachment.  We are using Exchange 2003 with ESafe SMTP
>>gateway for virus protection.  I have been able to confirm that it is not
>>the ESafe software causing the problem by bypassing ESafe for sending
>>external e-mails.
>
> Maybe the other servr (or the other clients) doesn't understand how to
> deal with the ms-tnef encoded attachment? Even Outlook Express
> doesn't!
>
> Try sending the message in plain text format, not in rich text format.
> If that doesn't work, encode the message using UUENCODE instead of
> MIME.
>
>>  Whats weird is that if I look in message tracking normaly I will see the
>>e-mail gateway of the recipient listed with the message "Message
>>transferred
>>to mail.whatever-domain.com through SMTP".  In the case of this one domain
>>receive an error when looking at the message history and it is not sending
>>to the proper domain name.  The error message is "The object
>>esafe@receivingdomain.com in the message tracking logs can't be found in
>>the
>>directory.  The object may have been deleted.  The tracking history may be
>>incorrect."
>
> Whether it's the right domain or not isn't the issue. The domain isn't
> yours, so it's not going to appear in your directory.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

David

Searching attachments
Hi, I attached a Word document in CRM record and I would like to know if we can search certain keywords within the document. No possible using the out of the box v3.0 Advanced Find. Options: 1. SDK/SRS 2. 3rd Party Add-ons Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Benjamin Fallar III" wrote: > Hi, > > I attached a Word document in CRM record and I would like to know if we can > search certain keywords within the document. > > any idea or tips how to search the content of the attac...

Outlook Attachments almost working
I have been able to configure Outlook 2002 to almost open a *.mdb (Access) database file from the public folder. I am prompted to open the file, then Access starts up. Before the file can run, I get a window telling me the file is located on an untrusted site (Exchange 5.5)? Any suggestions?. I have tried changing security settings in Outlook and IE6.0 with no success. I can find no articles on this in the Knowledge Base. Go to the Control panel and then internet options and change your security level there also. Also check the advanced setting tab. Also open Access and go to tools ...

Merge records problem
Hi! I am currently buiding an ASP.NET web page to delete and merge some records (accounts). "delete" works ok but "merge" always give me an error "Server was unable to process request". Is there any one have a clue why? Thanks in advance! My code looks like this: // Create the target for the request. TargetMergeAccount target = new TargetMergeAccount(); // EntityId is the GUID of the account that is being merged into. target.EntityId = new Guid("10293BA6-8B15-DB11-90F3-00065BA9C089"); // Create the request. MergeRequest merge = new MergeRequest(); /...

Free/Busy problem #3
I recently completed an upgrade to Exchange 2003. Ever since I have a couple of users with problems with their Free/Busy information. When you try to invite these people to a meeting, their availablity shows as //////. I've run /cleanfreebusy and it appears correctly for an hour or so but then it shows //// again. I'm not sure if I have corrupted Mailboxes or if I have a corrupted Free/Busy folder. Any ideas? ...

send problem
Hello I have problems with my outlook 2002 sending. When i want to send a new mailin send/receive progress window it shows me same several send processes repeatedly .I'm using windows xp with sp1 and office xp with sp2. ...

Problems with a simple formula
Using Excel 2002 Can't believe this! I have a spreadsheet that totals my services; calculates the taxes and than I send it of as an invoice. I've taken up a job that involves traveling and the company pays fuel expenses at 14% of my total daily invoiced amount. I'm attempting to add this amount to my invoice and I can't get it to work. The formula is about as simple as you can get: this is what I have been trying. =sum(.14*I28). I28 is the total of my invoice before I add the fuel charge. All that will show is a blank cell; no error shows at all. Interesting th...

C sharp problem
Hi i am making a web browser in c sharp i creat problem when i write something on a tab two combox it througs an expection about index 1 is out of range position plz any help me to solve my problem *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "faisal ghulam ghulam" <faisal_ali_146@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:eyicliCBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > i am making a web browser in c sharp i creat problem when i write > something on a tab two combox it througs an expection about index 1 i...

Really?!
According to my Xnews reader . . . (and Excel) . . . Did you know that since December 14 last year over 43000 messages appeared in this newsgroup?! That means that we were able to place an average of 209 messages per day in microsoft.public.excel.misc! Congratulations to us all! Think a detailed summary picture, with monthly figures stretching back almost 10 years, a host of interesting stats (live) & clickable links is availed for say, excel.misc at Googles: "About microsoft.public.excel.misc " page at: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/about?h...

Problem with viewing photos from Windows Media Player library
I am using Windows XP Media Edition and WMP11. All functions of the player work normal except photos. The photos appear normal in the library but once they are selected to view they become distorted. They show only as colorfull vertical and horizontal lines. Not all pics do this only the ones that are dscf or img numbered! Any help will be appreciated. ...

email from access and automatical attach a PDF file
What i would like to do is for a PDF to be printed and then attached to a email to send to a customer, Is there a easy way to do this with access with our attaching the pdf to the email after it has been saved Thanks Simon Simon <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote: >What i would like to do is for a PDF to be printed and then attached >to a email to send to a customer, For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/repor...

Outlook Archiving problem
Just a quick one, When I try to archive my emails whether be by autoarchive or manual, it wont move my old emails to my archive.pst. I have custom folders and it creates the folders in the archive.pst, but none of the old emails are moved across. When manual doing a manual archive, I select "include folders with do not archive", but still nothing. When autoarchiving, I make sure all folders are set to archive usiing the default settings and again nothing. Any ideas? I am currently using the outlook that comes with officeXP professional. Folders are created, but no emails a...

Visio 2003 Enterprise Architect: Problem with Code Generator
Hello, I recently discovered a flaw in the way the code generator handles shared aggregation. Basically, say you have ClassA and ClassB joined by an association where ClassA is the source and ClassB is the target. Now say that the association is defined as such: ClassA association end (Source): Aggregation: shared End Name: none Multiplicity: 1 ClassB association end (Target): Aggregation: none End Name: m_ClassBObj Multiplicity: * Visibility: Private Normally, if we want to translate this into code (i.e C#), we should implement 2 classes where ClassA ...

Moving email messages without the attachments
I would like to move only the email message and not the accompanying attachments to a personal folder. (My email format is HTML.) Any idea of how to do this? Christina <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to move only the email message and not the > accompanying attachments to a personal folder. (My email > format is HTML.) Any idea of how to do this? Move the message then open it in it's new folder and delete the attachment. Close the message. When asked if you want to save the changes, say "Yes". -- Brian Tillman ...

blocked attachments #21
I read the article posted at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011894211033.aspx and I completely appreciate the need to block harmful attachments. In my particular case, I was e-mailed a help file (.chm extension) a couple of years ago. I filed the e-mail in an outlook folder and whenever I needed to refer to this file, I knew where to find it. My e-mail folders have survived several OS upgrades and Microsoft office upgrades. Somewhere along the way, .chm files are "blocked". Now ,when I try to open this e-mail I can't get to the attachment. All of the ...

Problem with custom listbox still
I don't why I can't get this other than I am just ignorant of the internals of MFC. I have a Dialog which contains a TabCtrl which hosts a CWnd object which contains a group of CWnd object controls. Each control has a buddy CWnd object which I use as a listbox. I want the listbox to be able to display outside of the host dialog. I've done this by creating the listbox with the dialogs handle. All of this works. The problem I had was that control underneith the listbox were processing the mouse and button messages when the listbox was showing, giving the incorrect coordinates for th...

sorting in Excel 2007 problem
I've copied data from a list and pasted it into a pre-existing list in an excel worksheet. I cannot get the two lists (the pasted one if just underneath the original data) to sort together. Can someone help? Thanks! -- Courtenay Lambert Hi, Manually select the entire range and then sort -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "courtenaylambert" <courtenaylambert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0B8287F-BD6A-4A46-90EC-0410DBF93A4F@microsoft.com... > I've copied data from a list and pasted it into a pre-existing list...

Office 2003 "Sent To As Attachment" issue
Hello all ;) One user is experiencing an issue when trying to send for instance an excel sheet using the menu option - "send to as attachment". When this options is selected a new mail windows opens -so far so good. But the user is not able to switch to another Outlook/Office application until this new windows is opened. If the user discards that email or clicks on SAVE and closes it (heh, the message will not be saved in drafts folder as many of us would expect, but in the INBOX!!! folder, huh), then the user is after that able to switch to another application. The i...

How attachment is treated
If I send an e-mail with attachment to 25 people, how is it going to be treated--meaning is it going to be stored once or 25 times? Where is the option on how to treat attachment? Thanks for feed back. -- Dipti On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:38:01 -0700, Dipti <Dipti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I send an e-mail with attachment to 25 people, how is it going to be >treated--meaning is it going to be stored once or 25 times? Where is the >option on how to treat attachment? Thanks for feed back. Google "Single Instance Storage" Depends where the 25 people a...

CRM Install Problems
Greets All. I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k. I think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine, exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to where it's removing installation files. But then, at the very end...BAM! "Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server. Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create organization. Unknown error. (80041A04)" Anyone run into this one and have some pointers? Also on a side note, I kind of inherited a preexisting d...

How to attach a company AND a contact person to an order?
I'm having trouble attaching a contact person to an order. Having selected the customer (company), I also want to be able to select a contact person in a lookup field (a perfect solution would be to select only between contacts from the company chosen). Is it possible at all? Thanks Hi, only if your´re customizing the order form. There´re some ways to enable this, but not by default. best regards "Thomas H. Bech" wrote: > I'm having trouble attaching a contact person to an order. > > Having selected the customer (company), I also want to be able...

Weirdness with Compass Bank transfers
Suddenly yesterday when I try to make a transfer between accounts at Compass Bank, it won't let you do it except a week later. It said that 11/22 was the only date I could use! Today it says I have to use 11/21! Compass Bank tells me that it is supposed to be today and they cannot figure out why it is doing this all of a sudden. It is like the XFER thinks it is an EPAY. I did screen captures and mailed it to them. I had to cancel the XFER from within Money (Compass said they couldn't do it on their end, which seems really strange). Then I went to the Website and ordered the...

Urgent
I asked the question below a week ago but I don't have any help. I don't know if I am doing something wrong. I need to solve this problem very quickly. I tried to make a new Chart in Access 2003 (running on 2007) and I can't resize the Chart Area. I'm having the same problem with my previous Charts. Now I can't make a new one or fix the previous like I have explained on my first post below. Hi I have 3 databases running since 2002/2003 with many Charts. I never had problem with them. Now I bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 and none of th...

like * problem
Hi all, Followed some leads on here to filter names in a query, based on the value of a text box on a form, but the query returns all records regardless! Here's the code: Like "*" & ([forms]![frmcallcontacts]![text80]) & "*" Can't work out why everyone on here says it should work, and it don't! Searching for say SMITH within 500 records of full names, and I know there's five instances in five separate records. Any help apprciated Pete Just a random thought: are you certain that text80 actually contains any data at the momen...

Problem uninstalling or Repariing Outlook 2002
I am running XP/SP3. I need to repair Outlook 2002. When I put the disc in today and attempted to run it I get the following error message: "The Patch Package could not be opened. Verify the patch exists and that you can access it or contact application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." Does anyone have any idea on how I can get past this so that I can either repair or Uninstall Outlook 2002 and then re-install it. I also get the same error message if I attempt to Repair or Uninstall Office XP. Thanking you in advance for your help ...

Really, REALLY big picklists
Hi guys, Our client wants to have a picklist with about 3700-3800 values in it, and wants to add further items to it. It wasn't until it got to our data migration guy, who was entering them in manually and wanted my help on the matter that it was brought to my attention. They want to retrieve the 3700-3800 values, select the information, and return the name of the entry. Apparently typing the name in is too hard, or would result in too many mis-entries. Basically I think the idea is retarded and a really, really bad idea, especially since I couldn't find any supported methods to a...