Read receipts #3

Exchange 5.5
Two questions.
When a message is received through the IMC and the
external user has requested a read receipt, is a read
receipt sent out to them?
If so, how can I stop read receipts being sent to external
clients only?

Any help appreciated.

Mike.
0
anonymous (74718)

If I recall, this enabled or disabled on the IMC itself.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 5.5
> Two questions.
> When a message is received through the IMC and the
> external user has requested a read receipt, is a read
> receipt sent out to them?
> If so, how can I stop read receipts being sent to external
> clients only?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Mike.

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
6/21/2004 6:16:16 PM
"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Exchange 5.5
>Two questions.
>When a message is received through the IMC and the
>external user has requested a read receipt, is a read
>receipt sent out to them?

Read receipts are created by the client, not the server.

>If so, how can I stop read receipts being sent to external
>clients only?

I don't think you can. I don't have any 5.5 servers to verify that,
though -- but I'm pretty sure you can't.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Receipt Number Auto
Hello all, wondering if anyone has had this issue before.. When we go into receipt transactions we get "A unigue number could not be generated" This is based of the REC next number.. looking at the SQl logs it keeps going and going until what I believe is the timeout session and then you get whatever number it left off at.. can't find any knowledge base articles on this issue what-so-ever. Using GP8 sp 3 Here are my suggestions. Before you do anything, backup your databases for possible restoration if you are not happy with the results. Better yet, restore your backup o...

Reading .wks file

What is Yodlee? #3
What is "Yodlee"? I get the impression that people prefer not to use it (I could be wrong). What are its drawbacks? And what would I gain by using it? Thanks! Try reading about Yodlee in the excellent Money FAQ at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q171 ...

Investment Opportunity! #3
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 03-07-10
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 I still having the same problem please some help me to fix this isue i disable my anti virus plus I delete my fil i386 same problem and i dont know what to do please help Same problem as...? chons wrote: > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family > Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 I still having the > same problem please some help me to fix this isue i disable my anti virus > plus I d...

File won't open as read only

CRM upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 with SQL instance fails
Hello, The Microsoft CRM 3.0 server does not upgrade my basic CRM 1.2 server. When it is checking the server requirements, I get a couple of errors like "MachineName value SQL1\CRM is invalid" and "The SQL Server 'SQL1\CRM' is unavailable". I am hosting the CRM databases on a seperate SQL 2000 instance. I can validate that the CRM 1.2 server has no problems accessing the database server because everything is working. Here is what the help says when I click on the error: Named Instance Microsoft SQL Server Found Cause Setup has found that you are trying to ...

Anti-spam for Exchange that works with CRM 3.0
Hi, Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam software that works with queues in CRM 3.0? I would prefer an anti-spam software installed on our Exchange 2003 server. However, I need the anti-spam software to process the e-mails before the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router routes the messages to CRM. I am looking at GFi MailEssentials, but I am unsure if this software will work when installed on the Exchange Server. Any comments on how to avoid spam in queues would be helpful! Thank you. -- Regards, Michael Bergman SIMUTEK AB Hi michael I use Symantec Brightmail this check incomming mail before ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Moving Exchange 5.5 #3
We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd lik to move my Exchange to the new server W2K member of the W2K3 domain. During the change I'd like to change also the organization and site name. Does anyboby have any information on how can easily do this without any client reconfiguration? Thanks TagaR On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:06 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where >Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd l...

reading confirmation

Returns Management #3
Hi: I have noticed that some companies use the Returns Management module, even if they do not use or have Project Accounting. This is in cases where customers who use Sales Order Processing very heavily want an easy and almost automated way of creating a return document without having to create such a document from scratch and enter each line item manually from the original invoice. If you are just using Returns Management to accomplish these basic SOP return needs, is there anything else that needs to be done with Returns Management? Is there any other setup required other than the...

Local Data Settings in 3.0
Within the CRM 3.0 Outlook client, I've instructed my users to add a rule that syncs down all Accounts in their Territory rather than use the My Accounts default rule which is there by default. Users are complaining that they don't have a New button to create the rule? What permissions do I need to grant them in order for that to happen and where do I set those? TIA. Check the "Saved View" privilege: Security Role >> Core Records Tab >> Saved View Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Bobby" wrote: > Within the CRM 3....

Attachments #3
Hello, I use Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 as my client. I am trying to receive .rtf attachments but they always appera blank with the size 78b. Do I need to change security settings on the exchange box to accept attachments of this kind? All other attachments work fine! Thanks. ...

The memory could not be "read".

Factory-Reconditioned Ridgid 3-1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer ZRR350RHA
Price:$159.99 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B001LTZ8W4 Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B001LTZ8W4 This is a factory reconditioned power tool. Reconditioned generally means that the tool has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the tool back to like new condition. Some tools may contain cosmetic blemishes. Includes 3-1/2" Round Head Framing Nailer - ZRR350RHA, Wrench, Eye Protection, Carrying Bag With Shoulder Strap, Oil ...

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Problem #3
Hi folks, since I have got Outlook 2003 running, I have got the following problem: I use tow write e-mails offline, and then connect to the internet, and send it all at once. This worked always fine with OE, the written mails I sent away offline were copied into the send folder, and were sent away straght after I connected to the internet. Now I observer the followinf with Outlook 2003: Outlook continues to try to send the e-mail permanently, even if I check the correct checkbox for not participating on send offline. I tried to switch off everything I found, to prevent Outlook to permanently...

countif #3
Can anybody help me with the following formula. =COUNTIF(AND(C2:C1300,"<=500"),(C2:C1300),">=0")). I get an error everytime I try to put it in. tx. You can use two COUNTIFs. E.g., =COUNTIF(C2:C1300,"<=500")-COUNTIF(C2:C1300,"<0") -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "nkob" <tlee@lang.com> wrote in message news:uCTvEcqkDHA.3320@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can anybody help me with the following formula. > =COUNTIF(AND(C2:C1300,&q...

Outlook not marking read emails as read
Hi - We have 1 computer that is doing the oddest thing, anytime the customer reads the last email in his box, exit's out of email and then comes back in, that email is now marked as unread - it's the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time. I uninstalled office XP, rebooted, then reinstalled and applied the 2 service packs, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. So now I'm stuck and was wondering if anybody out there has any thoughts on what to do.... thanks! Gerri Urban gurban@ci.broomfield.co.us ...