Read Only Permissions via Exchange 2000 Tools

How do you grant Read Only Permissions on a Mailbox on Exchange 2000 using
the ADUC Tools. I have been able to successfully grant Full Mailbox rights,
but when I only choose Read access I can't open any of the user's folders to
view them only.
0
Randy1 (152)

Reading .wks file

Dialup user access to exchange server
We have a Exchange 2003 server which is accessed by corporate user in exchange mode (RPC) in the LAN. Some of these users need to access the server remotely by dialup to the corporate RAS server using the smart client (MS Outlook 2003 - Exchnage mode). There is a Firewall sit in between the RAS and the exchange server. RAS is in a DMZ network and the Exchange is in the trusted network. What are the ports required to be open between the RAS and the Exchange server in order to access the exchange server in a secure manner. Please advice In news:11F7B6FB-E518-4211-8085-920FED4C712D@micros...

Suppressing DTD look-up via web access when loading XmlDocument
Hi In one of our test suites we load an xml document (it's actually .svg). I'm trying to find some way of stopping the eventual call to HttpWebRequest.GetResponse which I presume it's doing when going to get the DTD at "http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd". The result is a time-out because this machine is isolated from the database, the web, everything really :-) I tried to pass XmlDocument a non-validating reader e.g. XmlTextReader but the web request was still attempted. I also set its XmlResolver to null but to no avail. Would anyone be able to ...

File won't open as read only

View Pub 2002 files in home pub 2000
My wife did some work with Pub 2002 and we tried to view the files on our home computer that has home pub 2000. It did not recognize the .pub file extension. I tried to save the files as pub 2000 on her computer but still no good. The file extension that home pub 2000 recognize's .php , is there a way I can view these? Sorry - Home Publishing is not the same as Publisher. You could create a ..pdf file and view that. If you don't have Acrobat, you can download a free program from PrimoPDF (www.PrimoPDF.com). I will forewarn you, if you don't have broadband, it will take a while...

Postmaster@IP Exchange 5.5
Hi How can I set this Address in Exchange 5.5? postmaster@[212.71.106.117] Thanks, Rick On the routing tab add a new domain of [212.71.106.117] and rather than inbound, set it as Route to this domain, selecting your actual domain. Restart the IMS, and any email send to user@[212.71.106.117] will be delivered to user@yourdomain.com. Postmaster email should automatically be accepted by whichever account is set as the IMS Admin Mailbox. -- hth, SusanV "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB609F6A-6575-4EDD-94E9-E2E62707DB6E@microsoft.com... >...

Ungroup a pivot table in XL 2000
I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. In XL2002, if I want to ungroup them, I can use the PivotTable toolbar. I also have to do this in XL2000, but I don't see the same tool bar. How do you ungroup a pivot table in XL2000? -- Thanks, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail You can right-click on the field button in the pivot table, and choose 'Group and Outline'. OR, select the cell that contains the field button On the Standard toolbar, choose Data>Group and Outline Fred Smith wrote: > I have a pivot table with dates grouped by month. > > In ...

Anti-spam for Exchange that works with CRM 3.0
Hi, Can anyone recommend an Anti-spam software that works with queues in CRM 3.0? I would prefer an anti-spam software installed on our Exchange 2003 server. However, I need the anti-spam software to process the e-mails before the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router routes the messages to CRM. I am looking at GFi MailEssentials, but I am unsure if this software will work when installed on the Exchange Server. Any comments on how to avoid spam in queues would be helpful! Thank you. -- Regards, Michael Bergman SIMUTEK AB Hi michael I use Symantec Brightmail this check incomming mail before ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

Exchange 5.5 Dead Mail
How can I view the contents of the Dead Mail queue in Exchange 5.5? I decided to set up this as a test: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/black_holes_not.html But I am lead to believe the mail does not "vanish", it just enters a Bad Mail queue. I'd like to be able to remove this mail so it doesn't take up space, especially if we decide to go with this suggestion. Any ideas? I have the GWClient application on the server, and made a profile using ProfInst.EXE .. but nothing shows up in the "Bad" mail section. Thanks! Colin Colin M wrote: >...

reading confirmation

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #3
We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd lik to move my Exchange to the new server W2K member of the W2K3 domain. During the change I'd like to change also the organization and site name. Does anyboby have any information on how can easily do this without any client reconfiguration? Thanks TagaR On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:06 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where >Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd l...

Error connecting Outlook 2007 to exchange server.
Hello, I'm trying to conect my outlook 2007 to exchange server 2003 but it gives me an error displaying that the exchange computer might be disconected or I'm having network problems. The computer I'm trying to conect is registered in the domain and I'm using the correct account. The client computer has been formated and before all worked fine. I have other computer clients with outlook 2007 that work fine with exchange server with accounts that have the exact same privileges that the one I'm trying to use. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 email filtering
I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If possible I would like to use some type of whitelist and have the ability to apply the setting based on some type of group membership. Any suggestions? Thanks. Adam Choose one of many antispam products. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598308BA-F410-4C60-B063-2AB31D709EFC@microsoft.com... >I received a request to begin blocking all non-business related emails. If > possi...

Stock exchange prices are not updating
Using Money 2004 (UK) - for the last two days, the stock exchange prices have not been updating. Is this a general problem - if not, can I cure it? What happens is it get's to the updating screen and then hangs - I have to go into system to close money down as the updating will not even cancel On May 31, 3:50 pm, coxwall <coxw...@waitrose.com> wrote: > Using Money 2004 (UK) - for the last two days, the stock exchange > prices have not been updating. Is this a general problem - if not, > can I cure it? > > What happens is it get's to the updating screen and the...

Outlook 2000 Calendar error
Hi, I get an error when Outlook tries to update the Free/Busy data on it's normal schedule (as set in Tools...Options menu!) It says unable to update public free/busy data, cannot connect to the mail service provider etc I have no trouble with email or anything else, and the calendar works fine apart from that.... any ideas? thanks Philip ...

information store move in exchange 2003
I have taken over a small companies IT duties as there guy is now sick. I have exchange 2003 on a 6 gig partition and it's currently full (325 meg free). I was thinking of create a new partition on the same server and moving the information store and transaction logs to that partition. Can I just change the first storage group prosperities to the new location or is there another way. Thanks for any help that you can provide. A Thats it, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/821915 -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner &quo...

Public Folders -- Unable to set permissions and replicate them to subfolders
I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 server. Any help would be appriciated. /aerogel On 10 Nov 2005 08:16:14 -0800, "aerogel" <lundholmster@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public >folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and >Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 >server. >Any help ...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...