re: slow OWA

HI,
    I'm having problems with an exchange 2003 server standard edition
running webmail and only webmail. This is the only server and is the domain
controller aswell running windows 2003 server. I am using Forms based auth
and things will all work fine and then all of sudden someone can click on
their inbox and everything will grind to a halt. Things become very slow and
it is unusable. The CPU, Disk and Mem usage are all fairly normal and i
cannot see anything that sticks out to me. The people are accessing it from
other sites only when this is happening internally it seems to work fine.
This problem happens at anytime and doing anything within webmail

Your help would be great.

Regards,

Brett Borthwick

Brighton I.T. P/L
758 North Rd
Ormond, Victoria

brett3284 (1)

OWA - EXCHANGE 2003
I just installed exchange 2003 with server 2003 SBS. Exchange works great but I cannot get my email thru OWA. If I type http://99.99.99.99/, this talkes me to my server but if I type http://99.99.99.99/exchange , it just error out that page cannot be displayed. 99.99.99.99 is not my real public IP address here. I am looking for some king of steps/instruction to install/configure IIS on exchange 2003. Thanks On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:02:25 GMT, "Mac" <mac@hotmail.com> wrote: > >I just installed exchange 2003 with server 2003 SBS. > >Exchange works great bu...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Solution for: Windows XP (NL): Windows Activation Problem + Windows Automatic Update Problem = Very Slow Computer.
I think I have found a solution on the internet, I will sum it up shortly because the description wasn't that accurate, my description will be more accurate with additional information about what I think might have happened, but first a little story what I wanted to do today: Today I wanted to try and install Service Pack 3 for Windows XP dutch version (NL). This was not possible because Windows Automatic Updates was required by the Microsoft website to be able to download it and windows automatic updates is malfunctioning, so that became a short attempt. Then I decided to ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Re: exmerge error

The "From" field of OWA is disappeared
We have a existing Exchange Server 2000 running in Windows Server 2000, clients usually using Microsoft Outlook Web Access to access her mailbox mail. She wonder that the "From" field of OWA is disappeared. How to make the "From" field appear again? I appreciate all of you. If she is not able to see the From field when viewing emails in the Inbox then she may have selected another view. Check that the view selected is Messages. This should have the From field. Regards, -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "cytam21" <cytam2...

Opening TXT too slow
Opening a *.txt with a variable name is to slow, the name has varible string like DEAE****.txt where the **** is a number between 0000 and 9999. There is only one archive with this variable name in the DIR. I use this code but it is too slowly, what can I do. __________________________________________________________________ For i = 1 To 9999 On Error Resume Next Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="DEAE" & i & ".txt", Origin:= _ xlWindows, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:= _ xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, Se...

OWA SSL Redirection
I am sure this is the millionth time someone has asked this. I have googled but can't find an answer that works. I have followed the Microsoft KB (Q555126) and other suggestions to enable automatic redirection so when people go to http://owa internally, they will be redirected to https://owa. I have also enabled Forms Based Authentication. Something interesting is that when I use either Mozilla 1.6 or Firefox 0.8, the redirection works. It's only when Internet Explorer is used, I get a generic 403 error. It's not the regular 403.4 error. I actually modified all the 403...

Junk Email Filter in OWA
Hello I am looking for a switch or option in OWA 2003 to disable or turn off the Junk Email filter for a users within my exchange site. I know how to shut it down individually but have been asked to disable it for our entire site. Any one know if such a switch exists or a way to acomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- Mike Breen Hi Mike, What are you trying to achieve here? Remove the junk email folder or stop SPAM messages from being delivered there?. Do you also realize this folder is created also created when you have IMF on your Exchange server and clients co...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Re:

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

Re-enter payee information
I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list never shows the payees. I type it in and have to re- enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make sense that i have to keep putting this in. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and found help with my passport problem but no entries on this issue. Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those that are recorded somewhere in a tra...

Address lists not visible in OWA
Hi! Is there a way to make visible the Address Lists in the web interface of OWA (Outlook Web Access) as it is when I'm working with the MAPI client (Microsoft Outloook 2003, for example)? I only have a Find function - not very useful if I don't want to forget a recipient in a mail sent to several recipents... Help appreciated NIcolas A set of 3rd party utils - MessageWare PlusPack - that give you "browsable" address lists and more. www.messageware.com -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- &...

Re: Outlook locks up with a officelifeboathang
"Andy Lay" <58746@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <a7b660e6180d48ddae1e1df6c5775272@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:72.24.97.26 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 > Xref: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.outlook.general:737044 > > Hi Swinglower- > > I have luck as you do :) A Chief Exec machine with this very issue....

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Possible to run Exchange 5.5 OWA on IIS 5 (Win2k)?
I'd like to find out whether it's possible (or even a good idea) to run Exchange 5.5 OWA on IIS 5 on a Win2k SP4 server. What are the things I should watch out for? I plan to run IISLockdown tool also. What are the components I must keep in order to keep OWA running correctly? thank you Hi, You can run 5.5 OWA on IIS 5 with no problem. If you are going to run IIS Lockdown, then you will need to review the following Knowledge Base article: 309508 XCCC: IIS Lockdown and URLscan Configurations in an Exchange Environment http://support.microsoft.com/?id=309508 -- Thanks, James B...

Re: How to delay ToolTip display time in CListCtrl Control
"Smallfrogs" <super_smallfrogs@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:... > Thanks > "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> д���ʼ� > news:snPYb.436$1V5.123111568@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > > ((CListCtrl > > *)GetDlgItem(IDC_MYLIST))->GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > or if you have variable for your list > > m_MyList.GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > that will set how long it stays up after it is displayed. > > > > Change TTDT_AUTOPOP with TTDT_INITIAL to change the...

Slow Performing Outlook 2007 and BCM
Hi all, I just recently upgraded a number of PCs from OL2003 (connecting to Exchange - not cached mode) to Outlook 2007 w/ Business Contact Manager (oviously cached mode as this is required). The BCM database is on a shared PC using the BCM database tool. I had experimented with one PC taking it off the cached mode and it had made things speedy again, but I can't keep it like that due to the need for BCM. Any clue what is going on here? Is it cached mode or BCM causing the issue? The speed issues range from starting an email reply and having to wait for what you type to catch up,...

Re: Share sub-folder in Inbox
I already grant the permission to right person and add secondary mailbox to the exchange account, in his outlook folder list, he can see the shared mailbox, but only mailbox not the sub-folder, if we share those sub-folders individually, then we can view under shared mailbox, but this shouldn't be the way. we want it sub-folder can be viewed and not be set one by one. any idea? thanks Henry "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%237hESO3PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Either you haven't completed the process of granting permission...