RE: server based archive solution #2

i was looking for a good server based email archive solutions...we currently
have inidividual users using Outlook archive but i wanted to move the
"responsibility" of archiving to the server-level ; the MSFT exchange sites
lists some vendors
(http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/archivingandcompliance.asp) but
i was wondering what other people had used and what they liked/disliked
about the product they chose (or evaluated) ; thanks for any help!!

0
sunisha (4)

Aloaha is quite good in archiving. If you buy their product they nearly
implement you all feature requests.

"Sunish Abraham" <sunisha@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> i was looking for a good server based email archive solutions...we
currently
> have inidividual users using Outlook archive but i wanted to move the
> "responsibility" of archiving to the server-level ; the MSFT exchange
sites
> lists some vendors
> (http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/archivingandcompliance.asp)
but
> i was wondering what other people had used and what they liked/disliked
> about the product they chose (or evaluated) ; thanks for any help!!

EAS makes a great archiving product. www.zantaz.com
CommVault has a great archiving product.
KVS makes a good archiving product, but can be a bear to implement in the
beginning.
Legato has a good prodcut and takes a little work to implement.

Bob

"Sunish Abraham" <sunisha@comcast.net> wrote in message
> i was looking for a good server based email archive solutions...we
currently
> have inidividual users using Outlook archive but i wanted to move the
> "responsibility" of archiving to the server-level ; the MSFT exchange
sites
> lists some vendors
> (http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/archivingandcompliance.asp)
but
> i was wondering what other people had used and what they liked/disliked
> about the product they chose (or evaluated) ; thanks for any help!!

0
BobChristian (293)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Two Domains, each running its own Exchange servers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0242_01C63656.7A9FD3E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How does one allow access to the mailbox of another domain which is on a = different Exchange box? For example, I'm logged into domain1 with AD2k3 and runnng Exchange 2k3 = using my Outlook 2k3; I want to access my mailbox which is in domain2 = with AD2k, running Exchange 5.5... I tried giving permission on the = other user account on the Exchange 5.5 by entering in "domain1\user" = under ...

Export big Public Folders from old server to a new server
Hi, Can anyone help me with this? On our old server windows 2000 with exchange 2000 we have a big public folders (16GB) Does someone knows an easy way to 'copy' this public folders to our new server 2003 with exchange 2003? On 21 Dec 2006 14:20:39 -0800, "Marinus" <witbraad@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone help me with this? >On our old server windows 2000 with exchange 2000 we have a big public >folders (16GB) >Does someone knows an easy way to 'copy' this public folders to our new >server 2003 with exchange 2003? Replicate it? ...

can't open file #2
I created an excel workbook with some mathematical formulas in Excel 2000, Windows XP. I used only one sheet, the top two rows contained some text, and the next row contained formulas which were dragged down to produce data. The topmost row containing text had some merged cells, and a border drawn around each resulting cell. I saved the file, but when I tried to open the file after a few days, it doesn't open. When I double click the file, excel opens, as if it does while opening a normal file, but then nothing happens and I get a blank excel screen (i.e. the same screen which can be ob...

select rows based on different cell
Hi, I would like to copy several rows based on the match of several possible cell to another spaces in the worksheet eg: the cells that I want to match A 1 =A6 Part A 2 =A6 Part B 3 =A6 Part C 4 =A6 Part D A B 6=A6 111 Part A 7=A6 112 Part B 8=A6 113 Part A 9=A6 114 Part K 10=A6 115 Part F 11=A6 116 Part D 12=A6 117 Part A I would like to have has result the following: A B 6=A6 111 Part A 7=A6 112 Part B 8=A6 113 Part A 11=A6 116 Part D 12=A6 117 Part A I already tried to use vlookup, match and so on but I cannot get it ...

Quick (en) !!! We need a SOLUTION...
Dear Microsoft, I hope you realise how critical the situation is, especially for people like me who use Money as part of their Business Life (notably for the management of Job Expenses...) And especially towards the end of the month, where many closings have to be done... So... please, Quick Quick Quick .. en Thanks ! Julien ...

how to delete exchange server from schema AD
how to delete exchange server from schema AD? Can i use ADSIEdit? Thanks, Teo On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:49:24 -0800, Teodoro <Teodoro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to delete exchange server from schema AD? >Can i use ADSIEdit? >Thanks, >Teo How about uninstalling the server gracefully or use ESM? Otherwise, yes, if you are feeling so bold. Go with Andy's suggestion if possible. If not: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us Nue "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message news:ll8e22p14u7kkqn3uqut4osbsir...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Re-Enable CRM User

Pivot Table #2
I have a database with type and age ranges in columns. Six age ranges. One type column. The data (dollars), by type and age range are below each age range column. I want a summary report that sums the dollars by type and age combined. My preference is to have the sum of age ranges in the rows, the type in the columns with the dollar sum of each type and age range in the data fields. I hope to have the sum of the types for all ages on the right and the sum of the ages for all types at the bottom. It seems simple enough but, I don't seem to be able to make the table work? If ...

More griping about P.O.s in RMS 2.0
I recently upgraded to 2.0 and I cannot believe how HORRIBLE the new P.O. "Add Items" window is. Did anyone at MS actually test it before they added it to 2.0? It works fine for a vendor with only a few items, but otherwise, it's a nightmare. Sometimes I'll add a bunch of items in the window and then find that an item is not in the list and I'll have to look-up the item and add it via Quickscan. But then I'll inadvertently 'X' out of the window and lose everything. Speaking of X-ing out, I thought they would have created a 'prompt to save'...

Problems setting up SSL on Exchange 2003 Front End server
Hi, I've had a 2-node 2003 cluster running for a while now. I'm just in the process of setting up a FE server for this. I've installed it and got it running, and all looks ok, but now I've come to setting up SSL I'm running into problems. I have installed a an Enterprise Root CA on a server in the forest root. The Exchange servers are all running in the sub-domain of this. I've followed the instructions found on this website: http://tinyurl.com/4xa74 All seems to go well up until step 14 of the section called "Creating the Certificate Request". I get ...

http virtual server error #2
We have an exchange 2003 sp2 setup on a cluster. anytime the server fails over the IIS host headers for the http virtual server are re stamped. We found the kb article here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;287726 This worked beautifully on one of the clusters, but the other two give me error messages when attemping to go to the http virtual server properties via ESM. The error is: "Exchange System Manager" An unexpected error occured ID no: 8000ffff Exchange System Manager When you click ok, the properties do come up but the general tab is a...

2 or more columns on a report
I have a report that has only a couple of fields that it's pulling from, so when I print my report, there's not a lot there. It looks basically like this: Employee Name Avg. Score # Completed Doe, John 95 2 Smith, Mary 68 3 and so on. My question is this: Is there a way to put 2 groups of this info on the report page to condense the number of pages I have to print out? I'd like to report to look something like this: Employee name Avg. Score # Completed Employee Name Avg. Score # Completed ...

OLE Server Error
Hello: I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word document into my publisher document. I am using Publisher97 and Word 2000. I have also tried using Publisher9y and Word97 and get the same thing. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Go to the website www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest version of the MDAC Components for your operating system. -- Hi Cathy (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hello: || || I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word || document into my publisher document....

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

If Function help #2
I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS. Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated. =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") Thanks! Hi What is contained in Z9? Maybe you need =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") -- Regards Roger Govier <mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178309371.607676.90090@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, > where b...

Move .PST File to server
I was trying an expiriment- I wanted to see if I could move my PST File to my server so that it is backed up on the tape drive. I copied my PST to a folder on the server then I changed the location of the PST file and pointed it at the folder. After I did this I had a second Personal Folder in my Outlook. This is were all of the items were located that were in the PST file on the server. Then I tried to get rid of the second Personal folder and go back to the PST file on my computer. I could not delete either of the Personal Folders There has to be a way to do this. Can someone tell m...

Exchange Server Quota Message Service
I'm testing ExQMS.exe, file version 5.3.16.5, in our Ex2k3 environment. Client is OLK2K3. Has anyone worked with this ad-on for Exchange ? Are their any unknowns, or gotchas that one should be aware of this add-on? In one test environment I have this product working..but in another test environment, I'm getting RPC errors and in the app event log it shows... "Faulting Application QuotaService.exe version 6.5.7830.0 faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x616e346e " Any information that can be provided would be most helpful. SRP How best to put th...

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...

excel.exe has generated errors #2
Hello, Sorry for the cross post. I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich -- Mrich Have you copied the file from the floppy to your hard...

Criteria for opening a form based on a value in another form's subform
Hello everyone, Please pardon the noob question, but I've got a form with a subform and I would like to be able to open another form with only the records that match the primary key from the first form's subform, but I am unable to figure out how to specify that value in the query. In other forms (where subforms are not invovled), I can accomplish this with something like: =[Forms]![Form_Name].[Desired_Value] Is there something different I need to be doing when attempting to get a similar value from a subform? With many thanks in advance for any advice... -- Message posted via h...

Re: exmerge error

Exchange 2003 Permissions #2
I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain and a NT 4.0 domain connected by ADC. I have user's in the NT40 domain who need to Manage one of my 4 Exchange 2003 Servers. I have gone through the Delegation Wizard in Exchange Manager and granted them Exchange Administrator privledge. I do not want to make the users Domain Admins. They can access System Manager and expand everything but the Servers. When the click on Servers they get this error message: There is no such object on the server. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager. Any suggestions? ...