Re: Recovery from EX2000 to EX2003 Server on a new machine

Hi,

i have been having serious problems with my current Exchange 2000 machine where it  continously fails to load the Information store and other services at startup. i have got it up and running now but if i reboot it will fail again and only starts 1 in 10 reboots

What i would like to do it create another box with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and move all the stores,logs and all to this new server. Is there any procedures that need to be followed to do this? and are there any complications with the AD

please advise me on the correct was to do this or any documentation there is available.
0
anonymous (74718)

i am limited on hardware so what i also need to do is use existing box with Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 as the new Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 machine

What i do have is a machine in a testing environment which i can also use to make a new Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 machine try move the old 2000 versions to it  and then format the old server and put Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and then move that data back from the "test" machine back to the old server which will have 2003 on . also keeping the old servername which 2000 had

Please correct me if this is the right way to do it and the steps to be done

Than

0
anonymous (74718)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Sql Server 2005. Best configuration and parameters.
Hi, We have a website (.NET 2.0 on IIS 6.0) and a Sql Server 2005 (9.0.4035) running on the same machine, a Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 with 8 GB RAM (Xeon E5405 2 Ghz). The website works with stored procedures. And max 20 users at the same time. We are wondering the best following parameters for this particular configuration... So, we have 2 questions: Firstable, what is the best configuration for the 8 processors (0 --> 7) for the processor affinity and the I/O affinity ? Today we have: Id Proc Proc Affinity I/O Afiinity 0 1 ...

Inserting new rows into sheet
I am using the following code to insert a new row onto my spreadsheet: Rows("5:5").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown, CopyOrigin:=xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove This code will insert a new row above the current row number 5, which is okay. My problem is that the new row has the same height and possibly dimensions and formatting of row 4. Can I basically tell Excel to insert a row of cells that are a default size or a size of my specification?? I dont want Excel to insert a row of cells that are the same dimensions of the above or below row. I realize that I co...

Re-install Outlook 2002

OLE Server Error
Hello: I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word document into my publisher document. I am using Publisher97 and Word 2000. I have also tried using Publisher9y and Word97 and get the same thing. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Go to the website www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest version of the MDAC Components for your operating system. -- Hi Cathy (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hello: || || I receive a OLE Server error when I try to put a Word || document into my publisher document....

Re-Enable CRM User

Problems setting up SSL on Exchange 2003 Front End server
Hi, I've had a 2-node 2003 cluster running for a while now. I'm just in the process of setting up a FE server for this. I've installed it and got it running, and all looks ok, but now I've come to setting up SSL I'm running into problems. I have installed a an Enterprise Root CA on a server in the forest root. The Exchange servers are all running in the sub-domain of this. I've followed the instructions found on this website: http://tinyurl.com/4xa74 All seems to go well up until step 14 of the section called "Creating the Certificate Request". I get ...

http virtual server error #2
We have an exchange 2003 sp2 setup on a cluster. anytime the server fails over the IIS host headers for the http virtual server are re stamped. We found the kb article here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;287726 This worked beautifully on one of the clusters, but the other two give me error messages when attemping to go to the http virtual server properties via ESM. The error is: "Exchange System Manager" An unexpected error occured ID no: 8000ffff Exchange System Manager When you click ok, the properties do come up but the general tab is a...

Ex5.5 to EX2003 migrate what to do with MS mail connector/Connector for cc:Mail
Hi, I'm trying to remove the old Ex 5.5 server but some things are not clear to me: -Created an Internet mail SMTP connector at the new Ex2003 server and deleted the old Ex5.5 Internet mail connector (in/outbound mail flow works great). But what should be done with the MS mail connector/Connector for cc:Mail, can it be deleted and recreated at the new Ex2003 server? -Moved all USER mail boxes and rehomed public/system folders successful to the new EX2003 server, but should I move the "Microsoft Exchange server mailbox manager for (servername)", "Microsoft Schedule...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Move .PST File to server
I was trying an expiriment- I wanted to see if I could move my PST File to my server so that it is backed up on the tape drive. I copied my PST to a folder on the server then I changed the location of the PST file and pointed it at the folder. After I did this I had a second Personal Folder in my Outlook. This is were all of the items were located that were in the PST file on the server. Then I tried to get rid of the second Personal folder and go back to the PST file on my computer. I could not delete either of the Personal Folders There has to be a way to do this. Can someone tell m...

Exchange Server Quota Message Service
I'm testing ExQMS.exe, file version 5.3.16.5, in our Ex2k3 environment. Client is OLK2K3. Has anyone worked with this ad-on for Exchange ? Are their any unknowns, or gotchas that one should be aware of this add-on? In one test environment I have this product working..but in another test environment, I'm getting RPC errors and in the app event log it shows... "Faulting Application QuotaService.exe version 6.5.7830.0 faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0 fault address 0x616e346e " Any information that can be provided would be most helpful. SRP How best to put th...

I need a macro to find cut and paste data to new cell
I have data that I have exported to excel that I need to reformat to be able to create a pivot table to check for duplicate entries. On importing the data which is in the form of journal entries the memo line is stting above the journal numbers in column D. I need to find all of the comments and cut and paste them to column C. The comments are not all the same but do contain the same word "To" in the comment. The journals are not all the same size and so the comment line does not appear at regular intervals. Any help appreciated as I am very new to VBA ...

Re: exmerge error

Second Exchange Server #3
Hi, I installed a second exchange server (both areExchange 2003) in my organization, but some strange things happened after the installation. Before I installed the second exchange, I have some Block List Service set up in the Connection Filtering in Message Delivery Propertiies, and that seemed worked fine for my exchange server, but out of a sudden I start getting a lot of junk mails. Also, I specified in the Defaults in the Message Delivery Properties the size of Sending Message Size as 10m, but right now message get kicked by if it is over 5M. In conclusion, that message Deliver...

Enabling SSL and FBA on Front End Server Issue
Hello, I currently have Exchange 2003 with a front end/ back end scenario. I am attempting to enable Forms Based Authentication on the FE server for security and asthetic reasons (and my boss told me to). I have gone through many MS KB articles and used Petri.co.il as resources, but it seens whatever I do, it does not work. I have gone through all of the obvious steps in regard to enabling SSL, etc. I attempted to use a THWATE cert. that we have w/o success. I created an internal cert. and that does not work either. When I enable SSL the site states that it is an SSL site and to add http...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP
i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with lowered settings. DSL is not the problem I don't think. I can send out via an alternate gmail pop account and in Outlook Express. This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours of use of my computer. I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox. I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can send email. I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is resear...

Re:

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

Re-enter payee information
I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list never shows the payees. I type it in and have to re- enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make sense that i have to keep putting this in. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and found help with my passport problem but no entries on this issue. Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those that are recorded somewhere in a tra...