RE: Mailbox Management (Enterprise Vault) to PST Broken Links

Wow, that's some very sarcastic and unhelpful replies. If I decided to write such a response I'd certainly not promote myself as an MVP in the same message !!

Nevertheless, the short answer is that Enterprise Vault does not support this, from the user's end, anyway.

The administrator's interface will permit exporting mailbox archives.

However, for an end user the only real option is to restore all the messages back into the mailbox, then manually sift through and copy the desired messages into a new PST file - which doesn't work for a regular weekly backup.

To the rude MVPs who responded: I think there are valid reasons for what the original poster requested.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
0
David

Integration Manager Inventory Transfer
I have a large number of site to site Qty transfers in Excel. Is there a destination adpter for doing an inventory transfer for Great Plains 7.0 We've done this successfully using dexterity code. Send email to info@logicalsolutionsllc.com if you'd like to discuss. >-----Original Message----- >I have a large number of site to site Qty transfers in >Excel. Is there a destination adpter for doing an >inventory transfer for Great Plains 7.0 > > >. > ...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Re-Enable CRM User

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Move .PST File to server
I was trying an expiriment- I wanted to see if I could move my PST File to my server so that it is backed up on the tape drive. I copied my PST to a folder on the server then I changed the location of the PST file and pointed it at the folder. After I did this I had a second Personal Folder in my Outlook. This is were all of the items were located that were in the PST file on the server. Then I tried to get rid of the second Personal folder and go back to the PST file on my computer. I could not delete either of the Personal Folders There has to be a way to do this. Can someone tell m...

Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes ...
Hello Every 3 or 4 weeks duriung the Backing up Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes , I encounter one of possible two errors. I just came on board with the organization, and this been occuring since the June 2006 installation of Exchange. I never know which error I will get I currently have Exchange 2003 running on: OS Name Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790 Other OS Description R2 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name EXCHANGE2K3 System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model PowerEdge 2850 S...

Re: exmerge error

Linking checkboxes to multiple worksheets
How do you link a checkbox from one worksheet to multiple worksheets within the same workbook? The checkboxes were made from the control toolbar. I am new to visual basic and was able to connect multiple checkboxes within the same work sheet using a simple value command but now I need to link it to other sheets. Please help! TIA Why not just link the checkbox to a cell on a single worksheet and then use a formula on the other sheets that refers to that linked cell? If you go into design mode (an icon also on the Control Toolbox toolbar), you can rightclick on the checkbox and select pro...

Email with attached email in shared mailbox
I have a user that is unable to open attached Outlook email message in a shared mailbox more than once without closing out & reopening Outlook. She is using Outlook 2003 SP3 (11.8206.8202) under Windows XP SP2. The user is able to open a message and open any attached email messages once without any problems. However, if she closes the attached email message and attempts to reopen it, she immediately receives 'Operation Failed'. If she copies the message with the attached messages to her main Outlook mailbox, she can open the attached messages as many times as she wis...

Opening a PDF link inside of an arriving email on the back ground.
Hello, I do receive fax to my email. Inside of this coming email there is link to a PDF file. I would like to open that pdf link on the background and scan it and if I see certain words in that PDF file, I would like to move it special folder. -- Jeff B Paarsa You'd need a com addin to do this - simple rules won't work. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a week...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

How do I set up another pst file with password ie Have a general .
I am running Outlook 2000, I wish to have a general folder for all to access, and then my own personal folder, passworded....Is it possible??? Please help!!! Thanks What I would do is the following: Go to Tools > Services > Add > Personal Folders. Then select location for the PST on your hard disk and set a password for it. This procedure should be followed, if the other users are using the same Windows logon to access this mailbox. Alternatively you can choose to Delegate access to only one folder to the users you need. To do this go to Tools > Options > Delegates to give...

Excel Answer Wizard BROKEN
call this a flame if you want... for Years, I have tried to use the Excel Answer Wizzer, with extremely limited success. I have never found any source for suggestions about HOW to use it (including Excel Help) - for instance, I wantto UNLINK a workbook - can't find the answer anywhere. In the past I have found this usually means it can't be done, but GOD FORBID misero-soft tell me that. Have a great day. PS: return flames welcome at : nicboston@juno.com Hi Mark In the newer version you can use Edit>Links But I think you love this Add-in Try this Add-in to find the links ...

import .pst file into entourage 2008 no access to pc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel my pc just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? <br> It seems that for mac office the compatibility is essential but not for all!!! On 4/7/10 6:53 PM, ladyelena@officeformac.com wrote: > just broke I have my outlook 2007 file saved in a .pst file, I don't > have access to a pc, what I can do to import in entourage? There are some third party option that can help with that. Check out the options on...

Postmaster mailbox filling up 13gb in 2 days
Currently we have a problem with the postmaster mailbox filling up about every two days. Is there a way to not copy the postmaster mailbox on NDRs sent out? Sending NDRs to a postmaster mailbox is optional. How you do that depends on your version of Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Scott Miller" <ScottMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7927F9DC-B196-4EBD-AC0C-735B39503CEC@microsoft.com... > Currently we have a problem with the postmaster mailbox filling up about > every two ...

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

Delete Single Link in "Recent Documents"
I need to delete a specific link from the Recent Documents folder. I know I can delete all links using SHAddToRecentDocs passing NULL as the second parameter, but this clears the entire list and I don't want that. The name of the link is readily available since the file would have been opened and closed just a moment earlier based on user interaction with a CFileDialog. I need to support Win98 so I can't use the OFN_DONTADDTORECENT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure passed to CFileDialog. ...

How to go about migration of Exchange 2k Mailbox to Exchange 2003
Try Exmerge "Sushil K Sharma" <Sushil K Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C22FBF-B8C4-4A2F-A198-7A99E4671650@microsoft.com... > Sushil K Sharma wrote: Hard to give you an answer with so little info. How is your E2003 server installed, if you already have it set up? If the E2003 server is installed in the same organization/forest, you can move mailboxes from E2k to E2003. When you post, please put a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and more details in the body of your message. ...

Re-enter payee information
I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list never shows the payees. I type it in and have to re- enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make sense that i have to keep putting this in. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and found help with my passport problem but no entries on this issue. Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those that are recorded somewhere in a tra...

Re: