RE: Mailbox Management (Enterprise Vault) to PST Broken Links

Wow, that's some very sarcastic and unhelpful replies. If I decided to write such a response I'd certainly not promote myself as an MVP in the same message !!

Nevertheless, the short answer is that Enterprise Vault does not support this, from the user's end, anyway.

The administrator's interface will permit exporting mailbox archives.

However, for an end user the only real option is to restore all the messages back into the mailbox, then manually sift through and copy the desired messages into a new PST file - which doesn't work for a regular weekly backup.

To the rude MVPs who responded: I think there are valid reasons for what the original poster requested.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
0
David

Re-Deploy document for CRM 3.0
I have seen and read the CRM 1.2 re-Deploy document, I have not seen a CRM 3.0 Re-Deploy document. If any one has a link I would truly appreciate it, You can find this document on your CRM 3.0 server disc under 'Redeployment tool' folder. hth ...

re ecel personal sheet
hi all. i just found the answer to this problem in the old discussion group files. thx wynb. -- wynb Please try to reply within your thread rather than starting a new one. There is one other point, to consider and that is a lot of people do solve their own problems as soon as they send, but regardless of what the problem is -- somebody else undoubtedly has had and will have the same problem so it is wise to indicate what the problem actually turned out to be once you understood it better and what the solution actually was. Sometimes you get an even better understanding and solution but in...

Defraging the mailboxes
Can someone tell me the correct way to defrag a 5.5's information store / mailbox's Rgds Exchange will conduct its own internal defrag run. Look for event id 1221 on both the private and public stores (you will have several events, one for the priv and about 4 for the pub) They will tell you how much free space is in the stores. If the percentage (which you will work out as it only gives MB space)is in single to late twenties then no need to defrag. If you perhaps are into the 30% free space area then an offline defrag (MIGHT) be warranted. The switches are here: http://su...

Managed Newsgroups
Could someone please explain how the Managed Newsgroups work? Our company has the Standard A Plan, which I believe entitles us to receive an answer within two business days from a Microsoft Business SOlutions support technician if we get no response to a questions posted using a managed user's registered email. Our maintenance plan does not expire until 12/12/05 and I just checked to make certain that I my email was listed as a registered user and that I had used it when I posted my questions. However, on March 30 I had posted a question and have not received any response from ...

How to delete a corrupt mailbox
I want to delete a corrupt mailbox so that it will populate throught the system. Currently, when I try to delete I receive an Infromation Store error. The mailbox items were Exmerged to a new mailbox, but I wanted to use the same SMTP address. Any suggestions? Michelle What error did you receive, and HOW are you doing the mailbox delete? -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Michelle" <michelle_hinton63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3d...

Re.: Help
I have a problem using Outlook 2002: When I delete message from personal folder(any folder), it not appear in "Deleted Items" folder and missing! Can anyone help me to solve this problem?? I would appreciate Best regards Edward ...

Re: office
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:53:40 -0400, Bobby Johnson <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On 2010-06-13 16:23, SMJD wrote: >> i have numerous video clips,how do i transfer just the list of file names , >> not the contents to create a printable text list file. >> >> thank you in advance >> >> I have office 2007 student > >Open a Command prompt. >Go to (e.g.: cd \Videos) the directory/folder with the video clips. >Type 'dir > videos.txt' >The DIR output will create a file named videos.txt > >This ...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Help, please, Re: DST/ Outlook patch
Using Outlook 2000 and Win XP... I downloaded and installed a patch from Microsoft's website, to address the change in Daylight Savings Time... (Northeast US). The time on my PC is correct, however the patch has moved every appointment I had set up in Outlook, by one hour.. As you can imagine, now I am double checking every entry to get the correct time... Why would it do this?????????? The time of day changed, not the time of the app't! Help? Is there a fix for this fix? Thank you! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Did you then apply the TZMOVE.exe patch for Outlook after you appl...

system mailboxes
Is there anything special I need to do with SystemMailbox, SMTP, and System Attendant mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server before decommissioning the server? All user mailboxes were moved to Exchange 2007 (Same domain, separate Exchange Administrative Groups) Do I need to change homeMDB attribute of the Microsoft System Attendant object to point new database? It still points to the old exchange. Thanks On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:59:17 -0800, Fant�mas <fant�mas@scotland yard.net> wrote: > >Is there anything special I need to do with SystemMailbox, SMTP, and >Syste...

Hiding/Blanking Mailbox property
Can anyone please tell me if there is anyway to not display individual mailbox properties in Exchange 5.5 for regular users(NOT ADMINS)? When a user wants to send email on the TO ... line chooses the person's name if you double click that name it should not display any properties of that mailbox. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't think this is possible. You could just leave the attributes blank and use some other metabase to store that information securely I suppose. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "YT" <anonymous@discussion...

Account Re-assignment and Child Object Re-assignment
Has anyone else experienced this situation or noticed it... We have approximately 2000 accounts; most with a dedicated Account Manager covering them. In addition, we have a team of Inside Sales and Technical resources that deal with all accounts. At times (new Account Manager, Account reorganization) the account ownership needs to be changed. This is all well and good; however, when you reassign an account ALL CHILD OBJECTS are also reassigned. This is fine for contacts and maybe even quotes/orders/invoices; however, why would we want all child activities also reassigned? This is especial...

Linking
Hi there, What would be the best way to draw information from differen spreadsheets into a central main spreadsheet? I would like the centra spreadsheet to be linked to all of the worksheets held in the separat spreadsheets so that it will hold up-to-date versions of all worksheet in all spreadsheets. Many thanks And -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26157 Hi you might like to che...

how do people manage activities?
Hello, I have a stupid question that I would like to hear people's opinion on. How do organizations let workers know about things assigned to them? Say I want to assign a case task (I own the case) to a co-worker for help. How does the co-worker know the task has been assigned to them (let's say they're at customer sites a lot)? Do people generally just have to refresh their 'Assigned' queue to see if new things have been assigned to them? Or look at their 'Activities' list? That seems a bit cumbersome. Email seems to be the de-facto standard for comm...

Move Mailboxes to New Store
I seem to have a corrupt mailbox Store as I cannot run an offline defrag. It seems my best option is to create a new Mail Store move my Mailboxes and the remove the corrupt store. I started the process, created the store and moved three mailboxes, no errors. All my clients run in cache mode as my Exchange server is off site. The three mailboxes end up with all their new mail in the Synch Issues/Server Failures folder. I also cannot open the mail in that folder. I have sinced moved them back. The mail is still in that folder but now I can open the mail as well as manually move them to th...

Re
Downloaded only the Excel and Word parts of Office for Mac 2004 onto MacBook, now want to also download Powerpoint - can I use the same Product ID on the same computer or will it require a whole new download/product ID? (I have 2 more installations left but would rather save them.) I assume by "download" you mean "installed from CD onto computer" rather than "got from web" (which is the true meaning of download). You should be able to do a custom install of just PowerPoint without even being asked for the license key--since it is already installed on that compu...

Re: Share sub-folder in Inbox
I already grant the permission to right person and add secondary mailbox to the exchange account, in his outlook folder list, he can see the shared mailbox, but only mailbox not the sub-folder, if we share those sub-folders individually, then we can view under shared mailbox, but this shouldn't be the way. we want it sub-folder can be viewed and not be set one by one. any idea? thanks Henry "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%237hESO3PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Either you haven't completed the process of granting permission...

Re: How to delay ToolTip display time in CListCtrl Control
"Smallfrogs" <super_smallfrogs@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:... > Thanks > "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> д���ʼ� > news:snPYb.436$1V5.123111568@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > > ((CListCtrl > > *)GetDlgItem(IDC_MYLIST))->GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > or if you have variable for your list > > m_MyList.GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > that will set how long it stays up after it is displayed. > > > > Change TTDT_AUTOPOP with TTDT_INITIAL to change the...

RE RE: XP Install
Thank you for the information. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Dilly Dally wrote: > Thank you for the information. Did you post a whole new conversation to 'reply' to one you started? It certainly looks like it right now: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/1cff3f90816a82a9/ That is your original posting - as archived. As of right now (could be I need to wait for it ...

Order Management Business Portal
I just added Order Management to a Business Portal Installation and received this in the error log. Was there something I was supposed to do first? What do I do from this point? Feature Id: Order Management Internal Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\BPOrderManagementInternal Action: Activate Exception: There is no Web named "/BP/Sales". ...

How to re-assign a data series.
How do you re-assign a data series from primary to secondary axis using 2 axes? It appears to auto assign based on series input? I inputed 6 data series and and wanted the first 2 data series on the primary axes and remaining 4 on secondary. ...

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Real-time charting of DDE links
Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Could someone please point me in the right direction to find out how this can be done. Thanks! Could you provide a few more details about what you need? I've dabbled in this area just a bit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A30B72E5-931A-4B35-87A2-645C0A1EB5DF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Co...

FInding external link
When I open a spreadsheet, I get asked if I want to update external links. There shouldn't be external links in this spreadsheet, so I must have accidentally left in a formula which I need to change to a value. But I can't find the offending cell. How do I search for a formula with an external link in it? -- Thanks, Fred Hi Fred, Try Bill Manville's FindLinks addin which is freely downloadable at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm --- Regards, Norman "Fred Smith" <fredsmith99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:up6TR3crFHA.2228@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Re: Text fomula
sorry. this is not working on subsequent experiments apologise. R.VENKATARAMAN <$$$$vram26@vsnl$$$.net$$$> wrote in message news:... > try type in H1 > > =IF(OR(COUNTIF(D5:D16,"apple"),COUNTIF(D5:D16,"pears"),COUNTIF(D5:D16,"cherr > y"))>=1,TRUE,FALSE) > > your data is in d5 to d16. > > do you get what you want. > > may be tortuous to write .may be bugs in it. try the experiment > > ==================================== > Jack Sons <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote in message > news:#FmG41mEFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.g...