RE-Enabled Acconts

OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access
their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive
for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to
wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access
back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited
1 hour... What is happening?

Carl

0
someone913 (592)

it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access
> their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive
> for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to
> wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their
access
> back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had
waited
> 1 hour... What is happening?
>
> Carl

0
sconkey (3059)
9/1/2006 5:04:12 PM
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:04:12 -0700, "Susan"
<sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:

>it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect...

That happens as we get older.
0
adavid (8731)
9/1/2006 5:09:40 PM
Consider implementing this registry hack on all your mailbox servers with a
figure like 15 minutes:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065

--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access
>> their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive
>> for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to
>> wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their
> access
>> back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had
> waited
>> 1 hour... What is happening?
>>
>> Carl

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Enabling a button?
Hello, I am pretty novice with MFC. I have a problem that I do not know how to solve.. in short, I have a button in a toolbar.. it was made just like the rest of the buttons there.. however, it is always gray (disabled). When I load a view (MDI), all the other buttons get enabled except this one.. I do not remember doing anything extra to get the others to be enabled... any ideas? thank you for your time and help. CN It is grayed coz there is not command handler for that menu item, once you add an command handler to it it would get enabled. If you need conditional enabling/disablin...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Re-Enable CRM User

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Re: exmerge error

Enabling SSL and FBA on Front End Server Issue
Hello, I currently have Exchange 2003 with a front end/ back end scenario. I am attempting to enable Forms Based Authentication on the FE server for security and asthetic reasons (and my boss told me to). I have gone through many MS KB articles and used Petri.co.il as resources, but it seens whatever I do, it does not work. I have gone through all of the obvious steps in regard to enabling SSL, etc. I attempted to use a THWATE cert. that we have w/o success. I created an internal cert. and that does not work either. When I enable SSL the site states that it is an SSL site and to add http...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Re:

Re-enter payee information
I have been using MS Money to pay bills and frequent annoyance is when I type in the payee, the selection list never shows the payees. I type it in and have to re- enter the account number and everything. Doesn't make sense that i have to keep putting this in. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I've checked these boards and found help with my passport problem but no entries on this issue. Money has two kinds of Payees. Explicit--those on the explicit list that shows in Accounts & Bills|Categories & Payees|Payees--and implicit--those that are recorded somewhere in a tra...

Re: Where should be the best place to stored Applcation Data Files?
"Giovanni Dicanio" <gdicanio@_NOSPAM_email_DOT_it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:... > BTW: this post by John Robbins is very interesting reading: > http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/default.aspx copy-and-pasto - the correct link is this: http://www.wintellect.com/CS/blogs/jrobbins/archive/2008/07/10/in-defense-of-vista-and-the-challenges-facing-windows-7.aspx Giovanni And then there's this Vista security discussion from last Friday (cool date, 8/8/8): http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/08/1155208 -GB On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:50:23 +0200, ...

Can you enable auto complete from a custom list in Excel?
No. Autocomplete or "Pick from list" gets its information from cells above and below the point in the same column that you are entering new data. A custom list entered in Tools>Options>Custom Lists is used for autofilling and when sorting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:27:01 -0800, "poaq" <poaq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Re: Outlook locks up with a officelifeboathang
"Andy Lay" <58746@gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <a7b660e6180d48ddae1e1df6c5775272@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:72.24.97.26 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 > Xref: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.outlook.general:737044 > > Hi Swinglower- > > I have luck as you do :) A Chief Exec machine with this very issue....

RE: Apply this critical update from M$
--wmhrdizzoa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="axyeonzy"; type="multipart/alternative" --axyeonzy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="innmlsikefhcqjc" --innmlsikefhcqjc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keep...

Re: Share sub-folder in Inbox
I already grant the permission to right person and add secondary mailbox to the exchange account, in his outlook folder list, he can see the shared mailbox, but only mailbox not the sub-folder, if we share those sub-folders individually, then we can view under shared mailbox, but this shouldn't be the way. we want it sub-folder can be viewed and not be set one by one. any idea? thanks Henry "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message news:%237hESO3PFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Either you haven't completed the process of granting permission...

Re: How to delay ToolTip display time in CListCtrl Control
"Smallfrogs" <super_smallfrogs@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:... > Thanks > "Ali R." <nospam@nospam.com> д���ʼ� > news:snPYb.436$1V5.123111568@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > > ((CListCtrl > > *)GetDlgItem(IDC_MYLIST))->GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > or if you have variable for your list > > m_MyList.GetToolTips()->SetDelayTime(TTDT_AUTOPOP,5000); > > > > that will set how long it stays up after it is displayed. > > > > Change TTDT_AUTOPOP with TTDT_INITIAL to change the...

RE RE: XP Install
Thank you for the information. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Dilly Dally wrote: > Thank you for the information. Did you post a whole new conversation to 'reply' to one you started? It certainly looks like it right now: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/1cff3f90816a82a9/ That is your original posting - as archived. As of right now (could be I need to wait for it ...

Re: Re: List View question
Thanks a lot for that. But I am asking after multiselect handling in a listVIEW not a listBOX. The method you describe is not available for listviews. regards, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- If you use checkboxes in front of the rows you could use something like this: Dim li As ListItem For Each li In Me.yourlistviewname.ListItems If li.Checked Then --do something with-- (li) End If Next where the name of the listview has to be r...

Restoring from an OST after re-build new Exch2003
The original Exchanger server was gone during disaster. So a new one was rebuild from scratch with the same Wins/DNS/Domain name. Identically users name were also created w/ new set of pwd. The outlook 2003 clients had been using OST before and after the disaster. But now, the new server is connected. OL Exch Client Profile was re-created. Only at that point, we reliazed the OST file was not accessible anymore. All the old email is gone now. One thing we did before re-connect to the new server was to copy the entire directory C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlo...

Re-install Money 2000
After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was protected by password. When I restore my backup, I have this message : "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file cannot be opened with this version of Money." Why??? My guess is that either your locale or file is a French one. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/98.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Micr...

How do I format a cell in MS Excel to enable me to enter a mobile.

Address Re-writing
Hi, I have an exchange mailbox (user@domain.com). I want to have an alias (support@domain.com) go to that user. I added support@domain.com to the email address list in the user account and I receive mail fine. However, when I receive the mail, it is addressed to user@domain.com even if it was sent to support@domain.com. How can I stop rewriting the address or is there another way I should be going about this? Thanks! Stu Can you share the specific reason why you want to stop the address re-write? Nue "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3830...