Re: Changing domain password via RPC over HTTP #2

Hi Mark,

Do you mean that enabling changing password in OWA (on the RPC proxy server)
is equivalent to enabling changing password via RPC/HTTP?

Thanks!

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
> >The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
> >Accounts domain.
> >These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts
domain.

> >When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
> >unable to do so.
> >Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
> >locked out.
> >
> >Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
> >changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?
> >
> >TIA
> >Shel
> >

> You need to make sure you can change the password in OWA first:
> http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html
> before looking to Outlook RPC/HTTPS
> Can you check that out and advise...

0
shel1 (9)

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

No longer download messages via outlook
I find that i can no longer download messages, even thoughmy account setting are correct, (Outlook Expresss has no problems using the same settings!!!). problems seemed to manifest themselves after installing XP SP2 and some other fixes. Trevor Pratt <pratty@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I find that i can no longer download messages, even thoughmy account > setting are correct, (Outlook Expresss has no problems using the same > settings!!!). problems seemed to manifest themselves after installing > XP SP2 and some other fixes. Try turning off the Windows firewall and see if...

No blank lines in text files #2
When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empty row in the new spreadsheet. Now all non-blank rows are jambed together in one column! How do I get Excell2003 to opoen Comma Delimitted files properly (including empty lines?) Oops, managed to send the same question twice! How can one delete a subject? "Charlie Gotwald" wrote: > When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In > Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empt...

font #2
Hi, Is there anyway to enlarge the font of the F screens. When using the F5 and others, the font are so small. Thanks Melissa About all you can do is reduce the screen size of your monitor. If you change from 1024x786 to 800x600, the fonts will appear bigger, but you will loose real estate at the right and bottom of the screen. The only way to modify the built in screens is to find an add-in that replaces them. You could also try the windows screen magnifier - part of the accessibility tools in windows... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercree...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

Money 2002
I've been using Money 2002 since - well - 2002. I have NEVER assigned a password and never been asked for one. Following a complete reload of my PC and re-install of Money when I try and open my MNY file I get asked for a password. But I've never used a password. Anyone got any advice or is it doomed? Any help much appreciated. Two possibilities: 1) you need to open the sample file and do an Internet Update then try to open your data file. 2) This might not be the case, but it happens: http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=152. "andy staines" <andy@yellowswordfish.com&g...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Pivot Table #2
I have a database with type and age ranges in columns. Six age ranges. One type column. The data (dollars), by type and age range are below each age range column. I want a summary report that sums the dollars by type and age combined. My preference is to have the sum of age ranges in the rows, the type in the columns with the dollar sum of each type and age range in the data fields. I hope to have the sum of the types for all ages on the right and the sum of the ages for all types at the bottom. It seems simple enough but, I don't seem to be able to make the table work? If ...

Re-Enable CRM User

If Function help #2
I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS. Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated. =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") Thanks! Hi What is contained in Z9? Maybe you need =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") -- Regards Roger Govier <mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178309371.607676.90090@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, > where b...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

?�Z�k ?��??�ra? ??�s?�� #2

how do I change the dektop icon for windows word
-- Bill Not a Word issue. It's a function of Windows. http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+I+change+desktop+icons -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD9D7DE-1AFA-471A-9327-ABD18F918A67@microsoft.com... > > -- > Bill Right-click on icon > Properties > Change Icon George "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD9D7DE-1AFA-471A-9327-ABD18F918A67@micros...

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...

How do i change my file from a 2003 office doument to a 2000 docu.
i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody help?? File, save as, files of type, expand the menu to Publisher 2000. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E89A2FF9-20DD-4568-980F-73162AE7AB8A@microsoft.com... >i have done this before with a word document but i dont seem to be able to > figure out how to do it with a publisher document.... can anybody he...

excel.exe has generated errors #2
Hello, Sorry for the cross post. I am receiving the following message: ""Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.You will need to restart the program An error log is being created."" when trying to open xls files that have been copied from another computer. Both Excel versions are the same and the file works on the source machine. I am copying it to and from a floppy which also works when opened on the source machine. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mrich -- Mrich Have you copied the file from the floppy to your hard...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony ...

Outlook XP keeps asking for password :-(
Hi I have checked and unchecked everything but that little window keeps poping up asking for a password (and I check "save password") - even when the emails is rolling in - so it seems that it don't need the password. What do I do wrong ? I have ADSL and written all the informations inc. the password on all 3 emailaccounts. -- erik Denmark Your password is not retained in Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836664 or OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Re: exmerge error

changing paper size #2
I need to change an existing flier created in publisher from letter to legal size. When I try changing the paper size (under printer set up and page set up or change template size) the flier is spread out between two pages. I can only see the two pages in print preview, when I'm working on it I can only see one page. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks -- ln Publisher 2007? When you are finished creating your flyer, File, print, reset your page preferences on this print screen. There is a print preview on this screen, the preview should be correct with no tiling. -- Mary Sauer ...

Exchange 2003 Permissions #2
I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain and a NT 4.0 domain connected by ADC. I have user's in the NT40 domain who need to Manage one of my 4 Exchange 2003 Servers. I have gone through the Delegation Wizard in Exchange Manager and granted them Exchange Administrator privledge. I do not want to make the users Domain Admins. They can access System Manager and expand everything but the Servers. When the click on Servers they get this error message: There is no such object on the server. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager. Any suggestions? ...

Save or Update Changes
Hi All, When I make changes to the data on my form which is based on a query, those changes don't appear on my reports until I have advanced to the next record. How could I apply those changes without advancing to the next record? Thanks Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200712/1 You need to requery the recordsource, which could be done many different ways. You could add a command button to your form, or use the AfterUpdate of a control, or the LostFocus event of...

Act -> CRM 1.2
Hi all. I know just about nothing on the subject of importing act data into CRM 1.2 Could any one help me out with a quick overview of the process? I know about using export pro to get the data into access. I think from there you simply use the data import tool that MS provides from crm. MAIN QUESTION: Can I import act data once CRM is up and running? I really do hope so. I'd hate to find out that we needed to create the database 1st and then select "connect to existing database" during the install process. Thanks in advance!!!! Hank wrote: > Hi all. > I know just...