Re: ADMTv2 Replace ADC Disabled - please help

Hello:

Scenario: W2K Forest\domain w/Exch03; WinNT4 domain
w/Exch55. We want to slowly migrate from NT4 domain and
maintain email and all other resources available on the
NT4 side while we do it. Common stuff...

To that end, utilizing the ADC version that came w/Exch03
(pre service pack 1), we created Disabled User accounts in
the W2K domain. As we approach migrating the user domain I
want to use ADMTv2 to migrate the users / group's
sidHistory, from the NT4 domain into the W2K domain, thus
maintaining the users resource access permissions, etc. I
am worried however that if I simply overwrite ("Replace"
is the option in ADMT that I am selecting as I import the
accounts) the ADC-created "Disabled User" I will loose
something - but I'm not sure what, if anything...

I have tested the above, and it does seems to work; that
is, I can logon to the W2K domain and open the related
Exch55 mailbox hosted in the NT4 domain, as well as access
resources in the NT4 domain, however, before I move
forward perhaps someone can offer some experienced insight
into the subtleties of this sequence of events and
ADMTv2's intelligence in this matter.

Please be aware that I have read EVERY bit of literature
available. Given this particular scenario, most literature
talks about creating duplicate accounts and then merging
them w/ADClean. It seems simpler to *overwrite the ADC
users (as I describe above), and then have the ADC\ CA
*add*, as is the most common 'recommended' migration
scenario (i.e. ADMT (or other clone principle tool) to
migrate the user domain first then setup the ADC\ CAs and
import the Exch55 objects)?

TIA for any insight.

0
anonymous (74721)

Chris

The only insight I can give is that some accounts "refuse" to merge and you may end up with accounts generated by ADMT2 and accounts w/mailboxes generated by ADC. ADClean should work to merge these accounts manually but sometimes it fails with "unwilling to perform" or "other" error messages.

One other thing, our migration pilot seemed to have a huge number of permission issues. Users unable to open their own mailbox, or other user's mailbox, or unable prompted for their old domain account/password. I would suggest checking sidhistory, msExchMasterAccountSid, mailbox rights, SELF permission, and send as before each migration. I wrote a script to check these ...

"Chris Coast" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Scenario: W2K Forest\domain w/Exch03; WinNT4 domain
> w/Exch55. We want to slowly migrate from NT4 domain and
> maintain email and all other resources available on the
> NT4 side while we do it. Common stuff...
>
> To that end, utilizing the ADC version that came w/Exch03
> (pre service pack 1), we created Disabled User accounts in
> the W2K domain. As we approach migrating the user domain I
> want to use ADMTv2 to migrate the users / group's
> sidHistory, from the NT4 domain into the W2K domain, thus
> maintaining the users resource access permissions, etc. I
> am worried however that if I simply overwrite ("Replace"
> is the option in ADMT that I am selecting as I import the
> accounts) the ADC-created "Disabled User" I will loose
> something - but I'm not sure what, if anything...
>
> I have tested the above, and it does seems to work; that
> is, I can logon to the W2K domain and open the related
> Exch55 mailbox hosted in the NT4 domain, as well as access
> resources in the NT4 domain, however, before I move
> forward perhaps someone can offer some experienced insight
> into the subtleties of this sequence of events and
> ADMTv2's intelligence in this matter.
>
> Please be aware that I have read EVERY bit of literature
> available. Given this particular scenario, most literature
> talks about creating duplicate accounts and then merging
> them w/ADClean. It seems simpler to *overwrite the ADC
> users (as I describe above), and then have the ADC\ CA
> *add*, as is the most common 'recommended' migration
> scenario (i.e. ADMT (or other clone principle tool) to
> migrate the user domain first then setup the ADC\ CAs and
> import the Exch55 objects)?
>
> TIA for any insight.

0
Smith1 (93)

How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0 up
How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig eth0 up On 09/04/2010 02:23, DR wrote: > How can I disable connectivity to a windows server for 60 seconds? > > In linux this is done with: ifconfig eth0 down ; sleep 60 ; ifconfig > eth0 up Use Netsh: set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=DISABLED set interface name="Local Area Connection" admin=ENABLED As for the 60-second pause in between, as far as I know there's no sleep command ...

How to stop excel replaceing numbers with the date?
One way is to precede the entry with an apostrophe ('). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >. > If it is fractions, try preceding with 0 and then a space before the fraction. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jamescowles" <Jamescowles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C51F1-115C-4133-A27E-DB56300532EF@microsoft.com... > ...

Assignment Help?
Hi all, im having trouble with my assignment, and wondering if anyon here could help me out..Heres the assignment question- "If OCCUPANCY is grater than 71% it is considered to be high. In th RESERVATION section use a function to calculate whether the OCCUPANC for MON is high. If the BOOKINGS for MON are grater than the result o the named cell ROOMS (B8) multiplied by 71% then HIGH should b displayed in the cell, otherwise it should be left empty. Replicat this formula for the other cells" I think i need an "IF" statment. But i dont know how to create th formula- Heres a...

Help with Links
Hi, I want to link cells of number of worksheet with a single worksheet which will be the summary of all the worksheet. Right now I am linking the sheets with one cell at a time . Is there a simple way to link all sheets at one go? Kindly guide me in the matter. Thanks. Perhaps this will help: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sum_the_same_cell_in_multiple_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message news:en63L$l1FHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to link cells of number of worksh...

Help with writing a macro to create a list
Hi! I've been trying to create a macro for a while but I'm not having much success. Hopefully you guys can help! I have a list of all the orders placed for our product on one tab called "Orders", with a customer number in column B. On a second tab "Clients", you'll be amazed to find out that I have a list of clients (customer number in column B also). I want to write a macro which will create a list containing information on which customers havent ordered anything yet. This list should be on a tab called "Order missing". Basically, I...

Disable Microsoft Office File Validation
As per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2501584 "Known issues with Office File Validation * Files that were created in Microsoft Excel 2.0, Microsoft Excel 3.0, or Microsoft Excel 4.0 will fail validation when you use Office File Validation in Office 2003. * Solver.xla will fail validation when you use Office File Validation in Office 2003. * When you paste lots of charts or points of data into an Office 2003 document, the paste function may take a long time to complete while Office File Validation tries to validate the new data. * Opening files from a network share that ...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Global Replace
Is there a quick way to change/add a category to a group of Contact records based on Contact field? i want to add a category to a group of records based on User Field 2. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Many thanks in advance. rayswchiu Sort by Category and then drag and drop the items in the Category to add them. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "rayswchiu" <rayswchiu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Disable OMA per default
Hi, with the parameter msExchOmaAdminWirelessEnable = 7 the OMA parameters for useres could be disable but every new generated user is OMA enabled. How could I disable OMA per default on every new generated Exchange user. Thank you Ingo I was going to suggest using a template user account within ADUC to create new users (with OMA disabled on the template account, obviously). But that doesn't appear to work. I guess if you create a script to create new user accounts, use the value you mention below in the script. That's all I can think of right now. -- Neil Hobson Exchange...

Re-Enable CRM User

Formula help required
I have 3 conditions score divided into 3 parts 50, 75 and 100 % If score in cell = > 27 then -3 If score in cell = >26<36 = -2 If score in cell = >18<27 = -1 My formula =IF(F48>27,"-3",IF(F48>=26<36,"-2",IF(F48<=18<27,"-1"))) If score in cell is > 27 shows false Please advise Cordially Beena K Process Analst Your conditions are a bit ambigous, shouldn't the first criteria be >=37 ? Conditions for the formula below: F48 >=37 result -3 F48 between 26 and 36 result -2 F48 between 18 and 25 result -...

Help settiing up Out of Office reply in outlook 2K7
Hello All, When I try to set up Out of Office response in Outlook2K7 I get a screen that is different from the Out Of Office dialog box that has option for "I am in the office", and "I am out of the office" You also get a box to put you auto reply message in. This is not the screen that I see in the Office help to set up Out of Office replies. Could someone assit me in setting the auto reply up? The settings I put in so far do not generate an auto reply when I test mail to it. Thanks for any ideas MMJII > When I try to set up Out of Office response in Outlook2K...

Publisher Help
Hi, I made a webpage with publisher,I uploaded to godaddy then decided to make some changes but now when i do File and Webpage preview and click on the tabs the links are dead here is the url i get when i click the tab ( about us , Services Etc) C:\Documents and Settings\user\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\PubWebPagePreview\pub1164.0\godaddy.com_files\Page437.htm how do i get this to its orginal self that Like it used to be C:\Documents and Settings\pinto\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\PubWebPagePreview\pub1164.0\index_files\Page437.htm or have the Tab links active agian...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

If Function help #2
I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS. Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated. =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") Thanks! Hi What is contained in Z9? Maybe you need =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") -- Regards Roger Govier <mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178309371.607676.90090@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, > where b...

Re: exmerge error

query help plz
hey i have been given a set of data which i have set my relationships and everything is going well,but (now this is when it gets tricky) i have been given two name fields one for forename and one for lastname,but i havebeen asked to display the members first intial,but havent been given seperate data for it (its too go on a labels in reports)how would i go about searching for jus the first letter of theri first name ? for loadz of entries??? cheers Use the Left function in the query. It would look something like this in the Field row: FirstInitial: Left([forename],1) -- Jerry Whittle...

is it possible to Restrict Find & Replace to 1 column
I need to Find and Replace values in a Column Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the Find and Replace to a specified column I need to do this in a Macro ie. popup a text box Just select the column before doing the F&R. In article <e8o0hdwYFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Simon" <Simon@microsoftforums.com> wrote: > I need to Find and Replace values in a Column > > Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the > Find and Replace to > a specified column > > I need to do this in a ...

money replacement 03-26-10
OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alone MS Money 2007 software? Office Accounting Express looks powerful but I thing it is too complicated for my personal finance needs. What about an online offering (though I'm not really keen on the idea). Thanks for any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Domenick wrote: >OK, so I've learned that Microsoft no longer offers a "Money" product. Can >anyone recommend a comparable replacement for my stand-alo...

HELP... Macro challenge (not coding)
I'm working on a big project file for our whole department to use. I set up a macro that will make some steps easier for my teammates. But then i just realized (when i was testing something on one of their machines) that the macro is tied to the software on my machine, not on the Project file itself. Is there a way to associate the macro to the file show it shows up on any department computer? I've looked through a couple of books and can't find anything. The thought of rebuilding the macro on everyone's machine makes me a bit nauseous. Thanks! Hi, In ...

disable cell #2
Greetings, I'm sure this is possible but I can't figure it out. How can I disable a cell based on input in another cell. Example: A1=Powered A2=Glider A3= A4= If an "X" is placed in A3, I want A4 disabled (locked). TIA Hi not completely save but - select cell A4 - goto 'Data - Validation -. custom - enter the formula =A3<>"X" Note: This does not prevent copying data to this cell. If you need more security you have to use VBA (an event procedure) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoeMNY wrote: > Greetings, > > I'm sure this...

Transfer Spreadsheet method Not replacing Sheet Name
I have this line of code which Transfers one record of a query and make a Worksheet named A_EXPORT. This worked fine until I started havin some linked references in the workbook to this newly created shee A_EXPORT Now instead of replacing the sheet every time I transfer data fro Access to Excel it is adding a sheet named A_EXPORT1 etc How can I get this to replace the sheet or can I copy the recordset t row 2 of A_EXPORT instead? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!! DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "A_EXPORT", str, True, "" FollowHyperlink st -- Message posted from http://ww...